Start by marking “Lord of London Town (Adley Firm #1)” as Want to Read:
Lord of London Town (Adley Firm #1)

Lord of London Town

(Adley Firm #1)

4.19  ·  Rating details ·  8,596 ratings  ·  1,235 reviews
Cheska Harlow-Wright was born into a life of luxury and privilege. She has never wanted for anything. A comfortable future as a married London socialite ⁣
awaits her. But since the age of thirteen, Cheska has harboured a secret—an unshakeable fixation on a boy who could never offer her anything close to ⁣comfort. A boy steeped in sin and draped in depravity. A boy born into
Published October 11th 2020 (first published October 10th 2020)

·  8,596 ratings  ·  1,235 reviews

Start your review of Lord of London Town (Adley Firm #1)
Phuong ✯
Goodreads really thought they could delete my LoLT review.. joke is on them, because I have most of my reviews saved somewhere.. so just going to repost again. 🤷🏽‍♀️

***

If this book isn't inspired by peaky blinders, i don't know what is…

Warning: this review contains spoilers, so read with caution.

"You're all fucking tapped," Ollie snarled, tapping his head. "Fucked in the head."
"A correct assessment," Freddie said, the look in his eyes just fucking daring Ollie to strike.

PLOT
The prolog
Anovelqueen
***4.5 STARS***

Arthur: “ I didn’t tell her I loved her or fucking missed her. I protected her, fucked her and made her mine in other ways. That’s what I could give. All I knew how to fucking give.”

WHAT A BOOK! It grabbed me from the first word and did not let go until the last.

Arthur is the Dark Lord of London Town running the largest firm (crime syndication) in the city. He is supported and surrounded by his “family” who will do anything and everything for him. But Arthur is a force to the r
Jen
WOW!!! What an amazing book! It’s going down as one of my best reads this year! There haven’t been many! This story was dark and twisted!!! It had an intriguing cast of characters that were all unique and just a little f-cked up!!! ( I am being nice!! They were all off the wall crazy but had their own code of honour they lived by!!) I immediately was taken in by this world and once the story began, it literally took me on a ride full of twists and turns that I never saw coming! I’m usually good ...more
✰ Liz ✰
Oct 09, 2020 rated it it was amazing
"Who was Arthur Adley?"
description

Lord of London Town is a fast-paced, dark, and delicious contemporary romance from my favorite dark romance queen Tillie Cole. Cheska Harlow-Wright is a posh privileged young lady who has been raised in wealth and the elite of London’s Society. When her dad finds himself in some financial trouble, he takes a loan from the lethal Lord of London Town. Arthur Adley has been raised in the drudges of London where violence and blood reign. When he accompanies his father on a
Malene
This book just took over my whole day and consumed me. I couldn’t stop reading! It was insane. I inhaled this book. I was immersed in this story and its very dark and flawed characters. Lord of London Town was an amazing and kickass gangster/mafia romance. Arthur the head of the Adley firm is a cold blooded and ruthless killer. Due to a horrific loss at the age of thirteen he’s been molded by his father into a man who doesn’t feel. He kills and runs his firm. He cares about his family. The other ...more
Angie - Angie's Dreamy Reads
Oct 09, 2020 rated it it was amazing
I have SOOOOOOOOO MUCH to say about this book!!!!! So much! I’m gathering my thoughts for a full review... but I’ll just say this, ONE OF THE BEST BOOKS OF 2020! Hands down! It was absolutely intoxicating! Dark, gritty, violent, fucking filthy-dirty-sexy, and explosively emotional. I am RUINED over these characters, completely obsessed with them! And let me tell you... THIS IS A GUARANTEED BOOK HANGOVER! Just phenomenal!
Bibi
Jul 12, 2021 rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
I just can’t with these overly dramatic pseudo-mafia stories. What put me off, however, was the sexualisation of 13/14 yo.
Pavlina Read more sleep less blog
5 DARK STARS

This was fantastic, sigh I mean I didn't expect anything less from Tillie but wow I'm speechless!If you know Tillie Cole's writing be prepared this is going to blow you away!

It was simply fantastic!Tillie Cole delivers a dark , fast paced and captivating story!This is a wild ride, I absolutely loved Cheska!Arthur is so hot, and sexy!Complex characters , and fantastic plot!

I could say more and more for this one but no, I'll leaveit to you!Pick it up you'll not regret it!It was a long
Natalie  ~ The Biblioholic
Heavy is the head that wears the crown.

Ever read a book and know that it's going to be amazing from the prologue? That was this book!! Arthur Adley captured my heart with very few words and it was all too easy to see why Cheska was fascinated with him.

If I'd never watched Peaky Blinders before, I'd probably never make the comparison, but Arthur and his family, the Adley Firm, reminded me a lot of a modernized version of the Shelbys.

That cool, badass vibe. That ruthless brutality. That honor
Bee
DNF at 33%

Three words: A Massive Disappointment.

Thank you, next.
 Sonya ♕Chatterbooks book blog♕
20201012_012417.png

Lord Of London Town was a wickedly dark slow burn romance that had the back drop of a notorious, infamous, down right bone chilling, criminal family.

tumblr_mkrdwcqlFA1rmp3mmo1_500.gif

Criminal

Gangster

Rule breaker

Leader.

Arthur Adley is all of those things and then some. Next in line to take over the bloody throne, this old school gangster plays by his own rules and no one else’s. Thriving on violence and chaos is nothing new for this young future king and nothing is ever going to make him see things differently even if it’s in t
Jan
Nov 07, 2020 rated it it was ok
Two GR stars, an ok read.

I almost gave up on this. The aggressiveness of Arthur Adley and his psychotics brothers were boring me to death. That attitude seemed too forced. OTT. It was a roll-my-eyes-fest, to be honest. (view spoiler)

I couldn't help asking myself several times if the problem was me or this story in particular because I used to love a mafia book. 🤷‍♀️
Turned out that even the female lead left me down. I
Dora Koutsoukou
This was dark. Really dark and too much for me. Dnf @ 23%.

I had my reservations from the start where there was 13 y.o. Arthur who knew Cheska would look even better on her knees... 😲
And as the story progressed, there were a lot of fucking and various harsh scenes (especially the one where Arthur demanded from an attacker to saw off his dick - which he did...).
Too many characters and I had no connection with the heroine.

The author’s writing was fantastic, but this book was just not for me...
Ros 🌻
Oct 07, 2020 rated it really liked it
4 stars

The first book I read by Tillie was our beloved dark Hangmen. I’ve since devoured everything she’s written, and whilst I’ve mostly loved everything, dark romance is where Tillie excels.

Last night I told myself I was going to “read a couple of chapters” and well, we all know how that goes…

It’s hard to write my thoughts and keep this review spoiler free so I’ll focus on what we already know. Arthur Adley, or Artie, is an old school East End Gangster, he’s down and dirty Bethnal Green thro
Betül
Oct 10, 2020 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
**ARC provided in exchange for an honest review**

- 3.5 stars -

"I'm your tainted, sullied, and corrupted queen."

Tillie Cole is one of my favorite authors, and I especially enjoy her darker romance novels. Lord of London Town was a great book in this subgenre. The two main characters Arthur and Cheska first meet when they are thirteen and then again when they are around eighteen. Over the next few years they aren't able to let go of each other. Arthur is part of the Adley firm (London crime family
“I want the king of my dark-hearted nightmares.”

Soooo, I know Tillie fans stan the Hades Hangmen series, but this book right here is by far my favorite TC read to date.

I'm such a sucker for mafia romance, but I'm also extremely picky and tend to DNF mafia romances often. I guess I just find some to be too...cheesy? But when it's done right, when it's dark and atmospheric and intriguing, I will give up my days and nights to get lost in that world. And that's how Lord of London Town was for me: Co
Shabby  -BookBistroBlog
Oct 10, 2020 rated it it was amazing
A pulse racing, jarring ride into Gruesomeville. A certifiabley insane thriller, that'll leave you gasping for more. You'll be surprised by the emotions and angst it hides beneath all the mayhem and turbulence. Indelible characters put through unmentionable trauma, you'll end up hating some, loving some, but craving them ALL!!
This book BELONGS to Arthur Adley. End of the Teflon coated, president of Club Nutjob Murderers Lord Of London Town

description

The sheer Audacity of his persona, layering and hidin
M
My first read by Tillie Cole and man did I pick a great one to start with!
This was a dark and fast paced read. I was nervous with the page count being high that I might get bored and skim pages, but that never happened. I was completely engrossed in the book.

The villains abound, but they are so dark and yummy that you just love them and embrace their crazy. Arthur was something else. He was void of most emotions.. except for hate and destruction. He only knows violence and family. He was a unsh
AJ
5 stars!

Damn, this book is amazing! Dark, gritty, intense and all-consuming, I could not put this book down, and now that I’ve finished it, I can’t stop thinking about it. A delicious anti-hero, a strong and determined heroine, an exciting story full of surprises set within the raw violence of the London underbelly, and a passionate, epic love story that completely captured my heart, this book has it all, and I freaking loved it! It’s a fave for 2020.

This book will not be for everybody. Set in t
Jenny - TotallybookedBlog
Oct 12, 2020 rated it it was amazing
description

‘Devil. That seemed a good title for Arthur. Most people were terrified of him. He was unapproachable, with eyes that would cut you where you stood. And he had the allure of Satan too. A magnet to sin and temptation, stirring wants and desires inside of me that were anything but chaste and holy. And if the rumours were true, he had the evilness of the dark lord too.’

Wicked and seductively dark, violent emotional and passionate. This is Tillie Cole at her very best. Then again, when is this Autho
Sher❤ The Fabulous BookLover
If I read this 4 years ago it would’ve been a definite 5 stars. Like no doubt. But alas, there’s some things I just can’t cope with anymore when I’m reading:

1. The heroine did nothing for me. Watching a plant grow is more appealing.

2. WHY SO MANY F-BOMBS!!!! Seriously the f-bombs was it’s own character. Just like the cigarettes... it showed up in every sentence. EVERY. SINGLE. SENTENCE (there were 2 f-words in one sentence sometimes. I kid you not). Now I’m not some holier than thou can’t take
bruna
Oct 07, 2020 rated it liked it
Shelves: arcs-2020
"I am your queen. And you are my king. Your dark kingdom is now ours."

trigger warning: graphic violence, sexual assault, mentions of self-harm.

“Lord of London Town” is a dark romance about arthur adley (H), the head of a crime family in london, and cheska harlow-wright (h), the rich daughter of a famous executive. even though this wasn’t a perfect book, i still enjoyed the experience and i think this could become a great series someday.

WHAT I LIKED
- pacing: with the exception of the fir
Keri Loves Books
Oct 08, 2020 rated it it was amazing
FIve stars for this dark and suspenseful, forbidden romance that will suck you in and even when at its darkest, you will be pulling for the “bad” guys. There are no heroes in this story, only villains who will have you embracing their darkness. I’m hoping this is only the beginning because I was addicted once I read the prologue.

They met at thirteen just briefly, but neither ever forgot. At eighteen they found one another again and the recognition was immediate. This would be their beginning. It
Carla Bulian
Oct 16, 2020 rated it it was amazing
“I’d fucking stolen her from the light and made her mine in the darkness.”
Embrace the darkness!!!
I loved this book...
Ria  | Abstract ♥ Books

ALL MY REVIEWS CAN BE FOUND ON MY BLOG: ABSTRACT BOOKS

line

Web-Photo-Editor Devil. That seemed a good title for Arthur. Most people were terrified of him. He was unapproachable, with eyes that could cut you where you stood. And he had the allure of Satan too. A magnet to sin and temptation, stirring wants and desires inside of me that were anything but chaste and holy. And if the rumor's were true, he had the evilness of the dark lord too."

Well Tillie seriously wasn't kidding when she said that this bo
Erika ♥OwlwaysReading♥
Dark Romance!!!!!!!

sara
Feb 25, 2021 rated it really liked it
Goodreads erased my review and I don’t remember how much stars I gave this :( But I think it was like 4.25 stars... when I read this again, I’ll write a new review!!!
mila
Oct 13, 2020 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
THE I-CARE-MORE-ABOUT-THE-SIDE-CHARACTERS-THAN-THE-MAIN-ONES CURSE STRIKES AGAIN!

This is my first book by Tillie Cole and I think all the praise for her work that I had heard before was true. Even though the chapters on this were too damn long for my taste, I liked the dark world she's creating here so maybe I'll end up picking up some of her other books later... who knows.

TW // I don't know if it's necessary considering this is a dark romance but for those who need it (view spoiler)
Beatrice Masaluñga
I found a new mafia romance to obsessed with.

I binge read Tillie Cole's books after Scarred Souls series. In Adley Firm series, she sets the bar high for introducing a new gangster. The story was dark, badass and the plot twists shook the hell out of me. Just pure adrenaline rush and I'm looking forward how this series progresses because the characters stood out.

Lord of London Town is about Arthur Adley, heir of the Adley Firm. He's born and bred to lead the mafia like his father. He's raised as

• The Endgame Is You (Rixon Raiders, #4)
  • The Initiation (The 4 Horsemen, #1)
  • Dead Pretty
  • Restorations (The Sterlings #4)
  • Sully's Fantasy (Goddess Isles, #5.1)
  • When the Walls Come Down
  • The One for Me (The Arrowood Brothers, #3)
  • When the Time Is Right
  • Pretentious Playboy (Cocky Hero Club)
  • Vibe (Pandora's Box, #1)
  • Stand-In Saturday (Love For Days, #2)
  • Regrets (The Sterlings #1)
  • Leo (Preston Brothers #3)
  • Restrained (The Sterlings #3)
  • The Setup (The Brentwood Boys, #6)
  • Sweeter Than Sin (Richer Than God Book 2)
  • Decadent (The Devil's Due, #4)
  • Restrictions (The Sterlings #2)
See top shelves…
Amazon & USA Today Best Selling Author, Tillie Cole, is a Northern girl through and through. She originates from a place called Teesside on that little but awesomely sunny (okay I exaggerate) Isle called Great Britain. She was brought up surrounded by her English rose mother -- a farmer's daughter, her crazy Scottish father, a savagely sarcastic sister and a multitude of rescue animals and horses. ...more

Adley Firm (2 books)
  • Untitled (Adley Firm #2)