Start by marking “Unreserved (The Vault, #2)” as Want to Read:
Unreserved (The Vault, #2)

Unreserved

(The Vault #2)

Life was so predictable. Alicia dedicated herself to work and spent her nights alone, rarely venturing out. She was content with her expanded role in her father’s business, even if she was lonely. She’d sworn off men, until a sexy detective made her reevaluate what she really wanted.

Bodyguard duty was not why Rider became a detective. But, orders were orders. When he saw
Kindle Edition, 2nd Edition, 105 pages
Published October 17th 2020 by Daring Romance LLC

To ask other readers questions about Unreserved, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Unreserved

Start your review of Unreserved (The Vault, #2)
Crystal Spieker
Jul 27, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Unreserved is the second installment of Michelle Dare’s story Uncuffed from The Vault, and while I guess you don’t have to read the first, I would highly recommend it as there is a lot of crossover of story lines, reading book 1 will make you appreciate book 2 that much more!
Right away we are introduced to Rider and I found I took to him immediately, how can you not enjoy a sexy detective forced into a tux to work a protection detail event?! Alicia is the job Rider was hired to protect. The spa
Karen Hrdlicka
Jul 27, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I love the chemistry Ms. Dare creates between her couples and Rider and Alicia are an excellent example of her skill at creating great characters. While Rider didn't sign on as a detective to pull bodyguard duty, that job certainly turns his world upside down. Never one for relationships, he's surprised by his pull to Alicia. She gave up on relationships a long time ago because everyone wanted to use her for her social position or her money.
While this is book two of Ms. Dare's Vault series, the
Linda Rea
Jul 23, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Alicia trusts no one so when her father hires a bodyguard for her she will only let him meet her at the venue. Rider can’t believe what he gets to guard but he finds there’s more to Alicia then a pretty face and money, she is smart funny and honest. Rider seems to fall so hard and fast it scares him and he sneaks out without a note but Alicia isn’t going to tolerate that. As perfect as they are for each other getting a happily ever after is going to be really hard to get with their past in the w ...more
Cindy Fong
Jul 24, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
You know how you are really skeptical about falling in love until it happens to you, and it knocks you for a loop? Well, this is one of those stories of insta-attraction that you just know is going to lead to more. Rider is a cop hired to provide her with security, but all he wants to do is cover her with himself. Alicia comes from money and is always questioning people's motives around her. Can Rider show her that they work well together? I really liked the sparks that this couple gave off and ...more
Tish (Cocktails & Fairytales)
As much as I loved Uncuffed book 1, I loved this one even more. I highly recommend reading book 1 first as there is alot of crossover. The chemistry between Rider and Alicia is very intense and I could almost feel it pulsing from the pages. Rider is hired as a bodyguard for Alicia but things don't really go according to plans. This is a quick, hot read that left me craving more.

This book was given to me at my request and I provided this review voluntarily
Kari Hansen
Jul 27, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Alicia has learnt that people only want to be around her for what she can give them rather than for who she is. She has given up dating and clubbing and prefers to focus on her career and spend time at home.

Rider has been hired to be her bodyguard for a social function and from the moment these two met the chemistry is off the charts however if they want any kind of a relationship he must show Alicia that he is a man she can trust not to hurt her first.

Lorie Glowania
Jul 27, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This is book 2 in the Vault series with a cameo from book 1 characters Rowe and Hope. Ryder is hired to help guard Alicia at a charity event. They find themselves attracted to each other and have extreme chemistry. Alicia discovers a woman she knew in her past is not who she says she is and soon the truth of the whole situation will be revealed. This book has a lot of chemistry and picks up where 1 leaves off. A great quick read
Denise
Jul 28, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This one was quickly gotten into thanks to the bodyguard. Rider sets us up into this with by the time Alicia comes along you are going nowhere. When sparks start you could get burned. As time unravels these two you are drawn into their story. You get a curve thrown at ya which you devour and leaves you bent. Enjoyed this one that tells how pitfalls can become mountains.
Mandy Sawyer
Jul 19, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Such a great read. Great chemistry between the characters. This is a bit racier than Michelle’s other books. Absolutely love the dirty talk from Rider! Very well written as per usual from such a wonderful talent, well done Michelle.
Kendra Needs
Jul 23, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This is book two in the series, and book one is a must read before reading this one as the characters and story line cross over from one book to the other, but as with any of this authors books you will not be disappointed.

I am so glad that I re-read book one before I read this one, as soon as I started reading I was not lost in where Alicia and Rider came into play in book one.

In this book Rider is hired to protect Alicia from someone, they have no idea who just that it was someone who Alicia t
Veronica LaRoche
Freaking love Rider and Alicia. Rider is hired too guard Alicia and he gets more then what he bargained for. This book was hot and love the characters and love seeing Hope & Rowe. Another great read that I didn’t want too put down.

I voluntarily reviewed this Advanced Reader Copy of this book.
Heather Cook
Jul 25, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Unreserved is an awesome book. Rider is hired to protect Alicia for an event but then things turn into more after the event. But then Rider does something stupid can Alicia forgive him and move forward or did Rider mess up for good? Michelle does amazing job with her characters and story line no matter what she writes and this one is no different. Make sure you one click.
Michelle "Chelle" Thompson
This book kept me turning the pages, but I so did not want it to end!!! Great story with amazing characters! Michelle Dare definitely knows how to deliver a story that completely pulls you into their world!
Christina Oswald
I loved Alicia and Rider's story! It's a standalone, but I would recommend reading Uncuffed first as part of the storyline comes into play in Unreserved. It's a novella and has a HEA.
Michelle Dare is a great writer. She will suck you into the world she created. The story flows quickly and is told in both Alicia and Rider's POV.
Dayna R
Jul 27, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I did enjoy this read as I read it in one sitting. The storyline between Alicia and Rider was interesting and had lots of heat. There were some scenarios were a little predictable and seem to get resolved too quickly for my taste but overall another good read from a great author.
Mahala
Aug 21, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I absolutely loved rider. Loved their story. I wish I knew what happens next!
Stefanie Kral
✯✯4 Unreserved Stars!!! ✯✯

Not many people can write a short story like Michelle Dare. I fell in love with Uncuffed and was hoping we’d get Rider bc I really liked him.

Rider was a detective all the way. Which is why he’s so pissed off. He’s in a tux and getting ready to play babysitter AKA to Alicia and he’s not looking forward to it. But, it’s his job and he’ll do it the best he can.

When Alicia gets out of the limo everything changes instantly for Rider. He never wanted love, marriage on
Wendy
Oct 26, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I recently finished reading "Unreserved" by Michelle Dare and thoroughly enjoyed it. Following up to an earlier story (Uncuffed), Unreserved is a stand-alone tale about Alicia and Rider, heiress and bodyguard (well, bodyguard for a night anyway).

Rider and Alicia are both successful, driven individuals in their own professions. Rider is a detective on the local police force, and investigating some cases, one related to Alicia, who was betrayed by someone to whom she felt close and trusted. Alici
Valeen Robertson (Live Thru Books Blog)
When Rider is hired as a bodyguard for a night to protect Alicia, sparks fly between the two. After a passionate night for the two, though, Alicia wakes up alone. She's spent her life being played up to by both men and women so they can obtain things from her, either money and access to her father's extremely popular clubs, or sex. She had thought the connection she shared with Rider was solid, but she was apparently wrong. Or was she?

Rider is a detective who enjoys the company of women but most
Letty  (Cover to Cover Book Blog Reviewer)
The second book in the Michelle Dare’s Vault series is just as steamy as the first. There is some crossover with the first one and although you don’t necessarily need to read the first, reading them both is beneficial, and why wouldn’t you want to, anyway?

Rider is hired to protect Alicia. From the moment he sees her, his desire for her is evident and the feeling is mutual on her part. She has been hurt and is reluctant to give into anything, always wondering if men want to be with her for her or
Michelle Mulvey
Jul 28, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Unreserved by Michelle Dare is the 2nd book after uncuffed which was part of The Vault. I absolutely loved this book.

Alicia is the daughter of a high profile businessman who really has no friends. People use her for just about anything. Her last friend who she thought was a real friend ended up going thru her office and leaving in the middle of the night. To say Alicia isn’t very trusting now is an understatement.

Rider was hired to basically stay close to Alicia and keep her safe at an event.
Tina Morgan
Jul 28, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition

Melody Grabeel
Jul 29, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Alicia has difficulty forming relationships. She’s always wondering what the other’s ulterior motives are.

Rider likes his job as a detective though he feels his life is missing something. Ever since his old partner and closest friend married quickly and moved away, he’s missing something.

This is the second book in the series and should be read in order as the story builds from the other and there are some important things that carry over. This story is a quick, page-turning read.

I loved how the
Sassy Southern
Jul 30, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Let me just say Rider can protect me any day or night of the week!! That sexy,sweet,dirty talking, protective man is just too much for words!! Alicia’s has went from being the girl who no one wants to be around to everyone wants to be around. And people use her to get either in her daddy’s clubs, or sex, or money. You might remember her from Uncuffed she’s the one Hope couldn’t steal from. Well Alicia’s been burned one too many times and has a wall around her heart that’s thick as steel. But Rid ...more
CS
Aug 22, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
3 1/2 Stars!

A short steamy bodyguard Romance that was graphic and sweet. Not the typical story where the alpha male is a billionaire and sweeps the heroine off her feet. It was a nice change of pace.

I liked the way Rider responds to Alicia as soon as he meets her. The attraction is mutual and this author sure knows how to heat up the virtual pages of an ereader!

The drama was light and the pacing was a bit slow. I know Alicia had trust issues and was hurt by her friend’s betrayal, but I failed t
Krista Sandor
Aug 25, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Unreserved is Ms. Dare's second book in The Vault series--it does not disappoint! I devoured this quick, steamy read in one day. The love story between the sexy detective, Rider, and the strong heroine, Alicia, grabbed me right from the start. I literally could not put this book down. You're right there with the characters through all the twists and turns, and, let me tell you, this book turns up the heat!
I would recommend you first read Uncuffed, book 1 in The Vault series. While it doesn't di
Lisa
Jul 28, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Unreserved is the second book in The Vault series it is a stand alone that connects to the first book Uncuffed. Rider is a detective assigned a protection duty for Alicia a businesswoman and socialite. They have instant chemistry and soon find that they are good together. They are from different worlds and both have trust issues, finding a way past them and figuring out how to be together takes time and effort.

This couple has steamy chemistry. The story builds on and twists around the previous
Catherine Coffman
Alicia trusts no one she’s been hurt before. Everyone thinks because her father is rich and owns great clubs she their ticket in. Her father hires a bodyguard for a party.

Rider is a detective but was assigned to be Alicia’s bodyguard. When he meets Alicia the attraction was instant, but he knew it was wrong she was his assignment. Rider was always a one and done but something was different with Alicia he felt the need to protect her.

Michelle Dare has done it again. Her stories suck you in from t
Rachel Humphries
Aug 03, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This is the second book in the series, I haven't read the first book but felt I could easily follow the characters & the story.

Rider is a detective who turns bodyguard for the night to protect the daughter of a wealthy club owner. He lives a simple life working with the occasional bar hook up thrown in & relationships are definitely not on his radar.

Alicia enjoys working for her father attending all the new club openings & charity events but she is very lonely & trusts no-one after a strange bet
Juli
Sep 02, 2018 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
I voluntarily reviewed a copy of this book (given by the author)...

Very quick novella with major insta-lust followed by insta-love.

I recommend reading Uncuffed to fully enjoy this book and to understand Hope better.

Rider, Rowe’s fellow officer, meets the lovely Alicia during a bodyguard job. From the moment he met Alicia he wanted, but unfortunately he kind of messes it all up and Alicia wasn’t quick to forget his mistake.

I liked that we got to see more of Rowe and Hope and how Hope’s p
« previous 1 3 next »

• TREACHEROUS Warning: Part Three (The Vault Book 3)
  • Ruling the Mob (Mob Lust #2)
  • Treoir Dragon Chronicles of the Belador World: Book 4
  • Treoir Dragon Chronicles of the Belador World: Book 3
  • Screwing The Mob (Mob Lust #1)
  • Fine Line (Crossing Lines, #1)
  • The Defiance of Vim (Catalyst Book 4)
  • Treoir Dragon Chronicles of the Belador World: Book 2
  • Whispered Prayers of a Girl
  • Treoir Dragon Chronicles of the Belador world: Book 1
  • Of Sand and Snow (The Wings of War, #5)
  • Mistletoe Not Required (The Cringle Cove Christmas Chronicles, #4)
  • As Iron Falls (The Wings of War, #4)
  • Hard Line (Crossing Lines, #3)
  • Betraying the Mob (The Mob Lust Series, #3)
  • Blurred Line (Crossing Lines, #2)
  • Always You, Always Us: A Young Adult Sweet and Clean Romance
  • The Wedding - Cali's Story (Crashing, #0.5)
Michelle Dare is a USA Today Bestselling Author. Her stories range from sweet to sinful and from paranormal to contemporary. There aren’t enough hours in the day for her to write all the story ideas in her head. When not writing or reading, she’s a wife and mom living in eastern Pennsylvania. One day she hopes to be writing from a beach where she will never have to see snow or be cold again.

Facebo

The Vault (2 books)
  • Uncuffed (The Vault, #1)

News & Interviews