Start by marking “The Soulmate Equation” as Want to Read:

The Soulmate Equation

Single mom Jess Davis is a data and statistics wizard, but no amount of number crunching can convince her to step back into the dating world. Raised by her grandparents—who now help raise her seven-year-old daughter, Juno—Jess has been left behind too often to feel comfortable letting anyone in. After all, her father’s never been around, her hard-partying mother disappeare ...more
Expected publication: May 18th 2021 by Gallery Books

Availability: 50 copies available, 10104 people requesting

Giveaway dates: Jan 04 - Jan 18, 2021

Countries available: U.S.

• Friend Reviews

To ask other readers questions about The Soulmate Equation, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Soulmate Equation

Start your review of The Soulmate Equation
    Tucker  (TuckerTheReader)
    Oct 21, 2020 marked it as not-released-tbr
    Shelves: romance, contemporary
    i am absolutely loving this cover

| Goodreads | Blog | Pinterest | LinkedIn | YouTube | Instagram
    Danielle (The Blonde Likes Books)
    It's like a hate-to-love romance twist on John Marrs' The One (which I loved!) I'm excited! ...more
    Corina
    Oct 21, 2020 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
    You can be assured I dropped EVERYTHING to read the new Clo book 💕
    _________________________________

ok this sounds right up my alley....

single mom ✔️
    stuck-up scientist ✔️
    forced dating ✔️

May can't come soon enough!!!

_________________________________

UPDATE!!!!

It was adorable, with fantastic characters, and an engaging story. You guys are going to LOVE it!!!
    Also I'm still swooning because of all the nerdy vibes and her daughter and grandpa charmed the pants off me - they were PRECIOUS!!!!

Full review
    Becca Freeman
    Jan 05, 2021 rated it it was amazing
    I'm a huge Christina Lauren fan, and this is one of their best! It's such an interesting premise — a genetics-based dating app — and the chemistry between the main characters is off the charts. I stayed up way past my bedtime to keep reading this one. ...more
    Erica Lewis
    Oct 20, 2020 rated it it was amazing
    Y’ALL.

I got to read this early, and all I’m going to say is that C and Lo are amazing at what they do. This book gave me so many emotions, lovable characters, and enough nerd love to make my science-loving butt happy. Do yourself a favor and PLEASE read it.

Best book of 2021, already calling it. ✨
    Dallas Strawn
    Jan 06, 2021 rated it it was amazing
    This is it. This is the book I’ve been waiting for. I’ve been on a string of duds lately, and this book was just SO happy, fun, uplifting, and LAUGH OUT LOUD funny. Christina Lauren usually never disappoint and I enjoyed this one so much more than there last book; it’s possibly my new favorite of there works.

This book just had such a great story, and allll of the characters were fun and so well developed. Fizzy is my favorite CLo character now by far. Fizzy and Jess are friendship goals. I coul
    Jamie
    Nov 02, 2020 rated it really liked it
    This is a rounded up 3.5 stars, because I'm always going to round up a Christina Lauren book. The things this book has going for it are many:

1) A love interest who is compared to Keanu Reeves repeatedly.
    2) A best friend I believe in.
    3) Science nerdiness as foreplay.
    4) A cute kid who is recognizably 7 and not moppet-like precocious.
    5) An allusion to Mia from the Wild Seasons books!
    6) Good, solid chemistry between the protagonists, but it's earned - it takes a while to get there but I believe in e
    Brittany
    Oct 20, 2020 marked it as to-be-released-tbr
    Sounds like The One. Which I loved. But I obviously expect this one to be more romance and less thriller.
    Leslie
    Dec 11, 2020 rated it it was amazing
    Shelves: read-2020
    Oh my heart.

Y'all this is might be my favorite CLo book.

The realness of characters is my favorite part. The single mom struggle was so real. The incorporating of a child into the storytelling added so many layers.

Fizzy and Jess are friendship goals.
    nicole
    Dec 23, 2020 rated it really liked it
    Shelves: 2020
    Received an ARC in exchange for an honest review.

A single mom holding it together the best she can (whose attention is) divided by an adorably precocious kid plus a scientist who looks like Keanu Reeves trying to get to the (square) root of DNA's role in compatibility equals a delightful romance. Forced dating is not a trope I often enjoy, but it was very well done and the consequential relationship hiccups felt natural given the parameters. Bonus points to the world's best best friend -- Fizzy
    Zahira⚡️ Azriel’s mate
    i want this asap
    Renee
    Dec 08, 2020 marked it as to-read
    So far, this is my most highly anticipated read of 2021!
    Crystal
    Dec 01, 2020 rated it it was amazing
    Shelves: best-of-2020, 2020
    I loved the science, the statistics, the storyline...but most of all, I loved Jess and River. They are both such awesome characters on their own, but together they are better than 98% of all other book couples!
    Kate
    Love starting the new year as a crying, snotty mess 😭
    Jessica Jeffers
    Jan 05, 2021 rated it liked it
    Shelves: edelweiss, fiction
    This was okay. The chemistry between the love interests was great but the premise of the story was ludicrous and the tension felt forced.
    Nov 05, 2020 rated it really liked it
    I liked this much more than their last book.
    Jan 07, 2021 rated it really liked it
    Shelves: 2021, netgalley, arc
    Thanks to Gallery and NetGalley for this eARC.

This was cute! Jess, a single mom and freelance statistician and River, one of the founders and scientists in a new dating company based on genetics are matched by the algorithm - at the diamond level, which is almost unheard of. This is kind of a P&P retelling River and Jess need some time to get over their first impressions, even after their impressive match numbers. I LOVED the side characters. Juno, Jess's daughter, and Fizzy, her best friend, ar
    Jessica Howard
    Nov 20, 2020 rated it really liked it
    Shelves: 2020, romance-modern
    Honestly, I'd give this one 3 stars based on its current format. There were lots of weirdly repetitive words (so many laughs were choked out, so much wincing happened), and some typos.

BUT, it won't get published for six full months, and the actual story was lovely, so I'm hoping they'll fix those things in editing in the next six months!

I did love the synchronicity of Jessica, the main character, having a 7 year old named Juno who loves to snuggle, because I am a Jessica, who has a 7 year old J
    Tiffany Weston
    Nov 15, 2020 rated it it was amazing
    OMG did I love this book! I fell head over heels for the characters. I felt for Jess and her struggles as a single mom. I laughed out loud at Fizzy and I need her to be my BFF. Fell in love with River and his shy, dorky, HOTness! And Juno was just a mix of Jess and Fizzy in a tiny 7 year old body. I can not say enough about this book. Buy it! Read it!! You will not be disappointed.

** I received an ARC of this book in exchange for my honest review **
    the lady e
    Dec 20, 2020 rated it liked it
    Review copy courtesy of Edelweiss.

I am in awe of the Christina Lauren machine that churns out 2 romcoms a year, but honestly although the synopsis of the last few books have been very intriguing, the execution has left me lukewarm. This one especially lost some steam midway through and I had to drag myself to finish it.
    Kerry
    Dec 12, 2020 rated it it was amazing
    Wowza! I rarely feel like a romance is worthy of Five Stars! However, this book was amazing!!! Laugh out loud funny at times, steamy chemistry and wonderful characters! Can’t wait to hand sell this at the bookstore! Our customers are going to love it!
    Maddie
    Dec 20, 2020 rated it really liked it
    Shelves: advanced-reads
    I was lucky enough to get an ARC of this book, and while the ending felt a bit rushed and could've used even 50 more pages to really explore what was happening, this was one of the duo's best releases in the last two years. ...more
    Jenn
    Jan 01, 2021 rated it it was amazing
    I won an ARC copy. This is my first book and 2021 and it was fantastic, I couldn't put it down and read it all in one day. The Soul Equation is so sweet, funny and thoughtful. I loved the science in the book, and that both hero and heroine are hot science nerds. I highly recommend.
    MK
    Oct 28, 2020 marked it as to-read
    A Christina Lauren book that will release on my life-begins-at... birthday?

To my TBR list, baby!
    (& the cover used my favorite color as the main backdrop, too. It's a sign, indeed!)
    Cheryl
    Oct 30, 2020 rated it liked it
    Shelves: 2020
    I liked the characters and it was a great storyline...but I would have loved it more with a bit more character backstory (Especially from River).
    Anne Jaconette
    Nov 11, 2020 rated it it was amazing
    The best CLo yet!!!
    Kristen
    Nov 11, 2020 rated it it was ok
    Cute, typical for these authors, nothing special
    okaylovethis (Katherine)
    NEEEEEEED THIS
    Harshita
    Nov 17, 2020 marked it as to-read
    Can’t wait to read it
    Vi (like the letter)
    I really enjoyed this one. The characters weren't as quirky as I was hoping for, but still a good read. ...more

• People We Meet on Vacation
    • The Ex Talk
    • Malibu Rising
    • Shipped
    • To Love and to Loathe
    • Much Ado About You
    • The Intimacy Experiment
    • The Lucky Escape
    • If the Shoe Fits (Meant to Be, #1)
    • One Last Stop
    • It Happened One Summer
    • Love at First
    • Finlay Donovan Is Killing It
    • Life's Too Short (The Friend Zone, #3)
    • Perfect on Paper
    • Under the Southern Sky
    • Heartbreak For Hire
    • Ever After Always (Bergman Brothers, #3)
    Christina Lauren is the combined pen name of long-time writing partners/besties/soulmates/brain-twins Christina Hobbs and Lauren Billings. The coauthor duo writes both Young Adult and Adult Fiction, and together has produced sixteen New York Times bestselling novels. Their books have been translated into 30+ languages. (Some of these books have kissing. Some of these books have A LOT of kissing.)

W

Articles featuring this book

Looking for a fictional meet-cute in the new year? We've got some steamy novels for you to snuggle up with, including Casey McQuiston's...