Jump to ratings and reviews
Any minute I am going to wake up from this nightmare. Being tied up and thrown in the trunk of a car doesn’t happen in real life. Except the silk tie around my wrists feels very real. And my father, Johnny Conti, the head of the Outfit, is telling me to be a good girl—that I’m to be the wife of the man who tied me up and has me over his wide shoulder.

Some women might swoon over gorgeous Dominic Sabatini with his blue eyes, dimples, and muscled body in a silk suit. Not me. Those are just distractions from who, what he really is: a ruthless killer with blood on his hands and ice in his veins.

There is no way Dominic could actually want to marry me. A virgin, curvy, buried in an all-girls Catholic boarding school for most of my life and seventeen years younger than him. He’s marrying so far beneath him it’s absurd.

No to all of it. Tomorrow I’m going to marry the man of my dreams, a nice, kind accountant. I’m going to have the safe, boring life I’ve always longed for. I have to escape this nightmare. But Dominic growls I belong to him and he keeps what is his.

This a mafia romance with dark elements. While this is the first book in a series it is a standalone and does not end in a cliffhanger.

Kindle Edition

Published January 1, 2021

Loading interface...
Loading interface...

About the author

Fiona Murphy

33 books430 followers
Due to commitment issues I have lived in many different cities and my favorite is Chicago but I have managed to settle into Austin and perhaps my commitment issues are behind me.
I have enjoyed reading from a very young age and it wasn't long before the children books bored me and I read the books my mother enjoyed Stephen King and Dean Koontz and I didn't sleep without the light on until I was about ten.
I came across my first Harlequin by accident and it was love at first read, no one died and happy endings? It was a whole new world and I loved it.
I wrote my first story at eight and everyone died, of course. Since then I would like to think I've gotten better and now I'm writing the happily ever afters I first fell in love with, with some hot sex thrown in along the way.
As a plus size woman myself, I have started writing the stories I always wanted to see myself in but never did. And now I'm ecstatic to give BBWs the happily ever afters with hot Alphas they so rarely get.

Ratings & Reviews

What do you think?

Friends & Following

Create a free account to discover what your friends think of this book!

5 stars
24 (3%)
1 star
15 (2%)
Displaying 1 - 30 of 102 reviews
Profile Image for Darlene I read WAY to many books.
3,067 reviews1,270 followers
January 3, 2021
This was okay book for me. It was alot of drama darkish some steamy moments.

Dominic is a playboy he just loves his job and loves woman. His Don gave him a job take care of his daughter for him because he's dying. And Dom doesn't wanna be married or have kids and when he meets Regina he has a little change in what he wants. He tries to show Regina the man shes in love with is a no good crook and is using her but girl is hell bent and thinking it's all a lie because her father was never a father. So Dom kidnaps her and tosses her in the trunk lol true love I say 🤣🤣🤣

From there their relationship is very hot/cold lots of sexual tension between the two and fights plus Regina ploting to run away any chance she got and I love that!! She made that man work for it and her. But when they would get on the same page things would get bad.. they fought alot and over kinda dumb stuff that could have been handle if they talked.

Why a low rating. The whole push/pull even when they were already falling in love was annoying like once twice yes but many times nope.. also I hated few things Dom did. When Regina didn't wanna sleep with him (they were both kinda upset/fighting) he taunted her saying he would take another woman and he did bring home someone just to taunt her which is a dick move and made i dislike Dom abit more (no they didn't sleep together) I kinda wish Regina did more then tossed the woman out I wish she left Dom to teach him a lesson. Another wired thing the whole we are only having girls..he didnt want kids another reason she Regina was hurt and feelings all over the place but he gave in but only if they can control them having girls.. and they went though that whole sugrey and stuff.. was just wired and idk how I felt about that part.

Low angst, slight ow/om drama (ex gf and exfiance), slight secondary character, drama, virgin gal and playboy/manwhore (chapter 1 showed him with someone & he tried to get his wife jealous with another woman)

Recommend-maybe

Vitro/infertility
Anal play
Hea
Epilogue
This entire review has been hidden because of spoilers.
Profile Image for Valeen Robertson (Live Thru Books Blog).
4,909 reviews153 followers

AMAZON US / UK / CA / AU / B&N / KOBO / APPLE BOOKS

Regina's been away at boarding school for years when her father calls her home. It's while home she finds out not only who her fiancé really is, but to whom she's been promised since she was born - a Sabatini. But Regina will not sit by quietly, no, she's strong willed and no wilting wallflower, and will bring Dominic to his knees, even if he is loathe to admit it.

Dominic's a capo, not higher, his life is what it is. He has no desire for love, commitment, a relationship, or to bring children into his Mafia world. Then a tiny little woman, one he takes, turns his world on its axis and forces him to feel for the first time. Will he give in to those feelings or keep her at a constant distance?

I always love it when the alpha is brought to his knees by a strong woman and the love he resists feeling for her. That particular trope is done well here because Dominic is completely brought to his knees and his ass. His alpha-ness is never in question, though, so much so that I actually never warmed to him. He's an ass clear to the very end, and honestly, I thought Regina deserved better. I did like this story, though, found it beyond sexy and entertaining.

ARC via Give Me Books Promotions for an honest review.

Review / Release Blitz: Live Through Books Blog.

Blog | Instagram | Facebook | Twitter
Profile Image for Karen.
1,077 reviews5 followers
December 31, 2020
Wow, these guys get better as the stories go on and the more powerful, they are the harder they fall. I loved Dominic’s story and his fall.

Dominic Sabatini is a Capo in The Outfit. Son of Anthony Sabatini and cousin to Cesar, Dante, and Vincenzo Sabatini. He runs a club and has women when he wants them. He fought to keep his father’s territory and Dom’s right to what would eventually be his when he was fifteen and on his own, while his father did time. He went to Johnny Conti, now the Don of The Outfit for help to maintain what was his. He is now a powerful Capo and very rich man. He lives his life on his own terms and doesn’t want to marry or have children. He is fine with spoiling his cousin’s children.

Regina Conti has never felt as if she was wanted or loved. After her mother died her father sent her to Italy to boarding school, at the age of six and she has remained there until her father, Johnny called her pleading to come home to New York and get to know him since he is sick and dying. It’s not what she wants to do, but she has no choice the matter and when she thinks he is better she’s ready to head back to Italy until she meets Richard Taylor. She believes he is the love of her life and sneaks around to meet him. The only problem is that she doesn’t really know him.

I loved this story and the immediate connection between Regina and Dominic was great. I loved that Regina, a young, innocent girl could make Dominic forget who he was. Their story is painful and angsty, but they finally find their way through it all and find their HEA. I loved how Dominic was instantly ready to give Regina anything she wanted, with one caveat, and then he relented on that as well later on. I love the Sabatini men and Dominic did not disappoint. I cannot wait for the next book in this series and hope for more as well. I love dangerous, powerful, dominant men the Sabatini’s are and the fact that they become putty in their women’s hands when they finally quit fighting their hearts. This story has a few twists that were interesting, and I am hoping for more on that as the series goes on as well. I give this story a 4.5-star review and recommend it to readers that enjoy Mafia Romance, dominant men that know how to treat a lady, as well as keep them in line.
Profile Image for Lynn Reynolds.
1,636 reviews38 followers
Rating: 4.5 Stars

Dominic is the go-to guy who solves problems. Regina seems a little innocent about the world she lives in. The author does a good job in her ability to have me feel Regina’s anger. She gave me some funny moments too. It seemed as if Dominic gave Regina permission to swear then once she started it was hard not to laugh.

I did have a wish though. I would have loved to see her do it a couple of times in Italian – even though I can’t read or speak the language. Other than that, I enjoyed the story from beginning to end. Dominic was good for Regina because he brought her out of her shell and we get to see her blossom. Regina was good for Dominic because we get to see a crack in his armor.

The author gave me the right combination to get me so involved with her story that I just couldn’t stop until I was finished. You know what business Dominic’s in but we get the perfect mix of alpha male and old softy. There’s happiness, sadness, anger, and hope. By the end the corners of my mouth did turn up a time or two. I’m ready to see what happens in the next book.

I was not compensated nor was I required to write a positive review. The opinions I have expressed are my own.
Profile Image for Sandy S.
6,192 reviews152 followers
January 21, 2021
HIS : Dominic is the first instalment in Fiona Murphy’s contemporary, adult THE SABATINI FAMILY dark, erotic, Mafia, romance series-a spin off from the author’s Dirty Billionaires series. This is forty year old, capo/soon to be underboss Dominic Sabatini, and twenty-two year old, translator Regina ‘Gina’ Conti’s story line. HIS: Dominic can be read as a stand alone without any difficulty. Any important information from the previous series is revealed where necessary. Dominic Sabatini is the cousin to Cesare, Enzo, and Dante Sabatini from the Dirty Billionaires Series.

NOTE: Due to the nature of the story line premise, there may be triggers for more sensitive readers

Told from dual first person perspectives (Dom and Gina) HIS : Dominic follows the acrimonious, age-gap, arranged marriage between forty year old, capo/soon to be underboss Dominic Sabatini, and twenty-two year old, translator Regina ‘Gina’ Conti. When Johnny Conti, head of the Chicago Outfit calls in a promise from Tony Sabatini, his son Dominic quickly discovers that his life as a single man is about to come to an end. Johnny’s illegitimate twenty-two year old daughter is about to marry a wolf in sheep’s clothing, and Dominic is tasked with ‘rescuing’ the woman from potential disaster. What ensues is the building romance and relationship between Dom and Gina, and the potential fall-out as Gina struggles with the ongoing secrets and lies surrounding the Outfit, and the possibility of living a life without love or children.

Dominic Sabatini doesn’t want to be the next Don in the Outfit but since the death of his brother, and imprisonment of his father years before, Dom has inadvertently and purposely positioned himself in the line of succession. His power and control is only matched by the head of the Outfit, a man whose time on Earth is coming to an end. Forced to marry Regina Conti finds our hero falling for a woman whose issues of self-esteem and poor self-image have been reinforced by the men in her life, and the forced proximity to a man who refuses to fall in love. Gina Conti thought she was in love with a quiet accountant but said accountant is not the man he pretends to be. Blinded by love, Gina finds herself a virtual prisoner of the Sabatini family, a prisoner who will eventually fall in love with her personal kidnapper.

The relationship between Dom and Gina is tempestuous at best. Gina has been promised to the Sabatini family since the moment of her birth, and in this Gina had no idea since she never felt love or affection from the man who claims to be her father.Meeting Dominic Sabatini forces Gina to take a long, hard look at the man she thought she loved, a man more evil than the man she is about to marry. Falling for Dom was easy but life with Dom was always going to be hard. The $ex scenes are intimate, erotic and intense including some scenes of bondage and spanking.the sexual tension and chemistry is heavy and hot.

There is a large ensemble cast of secondary and supporting characters including many of the original couples and characters from the Dirty Billionaires Series: Cesare and Alicia, Dante and Bethany Enzo and Chloe; Dom’s father Tony Sabatini; Outfit guards-Vincent, Marco and Dario; Regina’s father Johnny Conti; Dom’s housekeeper Mary; underboss Carlo Toro and his son Luca, and Regina’s former fiancé Richard Taylor. Tony’s story is next in HIS: TONY.

HIS: DOMINIC is a story of blood and family; power and control; secrets, lies, promises and love. The premise is edgy and gritty; the characters are energetic, animated and spirited; the romance is raw, spicy and provocative. The epilogue fast forwards the story line twenty-five years.

www.thereadingcafe.com
Profile Image for Black Sheep.
129 reviews19 followers
March 2, 2021
DNF @ 81%

Couldn’t do it.

Heroine acts like a 10 year old child majority of the book.

Dom was okay, OTT alpha but eh. I was on board with him UP UNTIL he fucking tells her in more words or less,

‘You will serve me, fuck me, do whatever I want and give me all of you. If you don’t let me fuck you whenever I want, I’ll bring a mistress home to give me what I need.’

Heroine doesn’t agree to fuck him so what does Dom do?

He brings a woman home while the heroine is in her bedroom. He takes the woman into his room and is about to fuck her but the heroine storms in and physically drags her out of the room.

Had she not stormed in and removed the bitch, he would’ve been balls deep inside of her with the heroine in their fucking home listening not to mention this is taking place a COUPLE DAYS before their wedding after they’ve come to the conclusion they have feelings for one another.

HOW SWEET IS HE?

Fuck that shit. This takes place around 80%. If this bullshit happened at the beginning of the book, alright I could deal with that. But again, it happens after feelings have developed and the wedding is within a couple days.

Which makes me certain that should the heroine ever refuse him in the future after they’re married, Dom will 100% cheat on her and find a mistress quick until heroine puts out again.

So romantic. First time trying this authors’ book, purchased it after seeing so many great reviews andddddd won’t be doing that again.

Skip it.

- B.S.
Profile Image for Liz [reads books].
1,105 reviews48 followers
January 18, 2021
I didn't have any difficulty getting into this book but I did have some trouble staying interested. I had to skim a large part of the middle, but then once Regina and Dom were together for real, it started to pick up for me more. It was an all right read and I'm definitely interested in what else this author has to offer.
Profile Image for Joyffree.
2,868 reviews45 followers
January 3, 2021
Dominic, you started out as the back end of a horse
I get you did what you had to do - honor and all that blubber you were spouting
But now...
Props old man - Feels good doesn't it?

Regina my dear sweet child - YOU GO, GIRL!
I am so proud of you for not backing down (most of the time)
I gave you a bit of leeway with your choices because of your age and the fact I probably would have reacted similarly

This is a forced marriage, light suspense, with a whole lot of push and pulls mafia romance.
Chocked full of "Oh no you did not" moments followed up with "OMG" and even some " Awwww" scenes.
Great cast - from the butler to the driver and all the muscley guards in between each character was instantly loved or loathed or soon to be forgiven

Dominic is an overbearing man and at times he pushes the boundaries when it comes to emotional pain - but it is never his intent to hurt Regina - he just lacks the skills to tone down the truth. He also has his own fears constantly riding shotgun on his shoulders. I have to admit when Johnny's long game is revealed I was thrown for a loop.
Regina has been cloistered her whole life. Add in that she is suddenly thrown into a world where arm candy beauty is the norm and we find an intelligent woman drowning in her insecurities. Never mind that instead of throwing her a life vest her father and his cronies are tossing rocks at her.
The back and forth between these two only adds to their appeal.

The story was easy to follow and actually made sense (in the fictional sort of way)
This is my first book by this author - Not sure how but she has been added to my list of authors who do it right.
1,817 reviews44 followers
January 1, 2021

I always enjoy a dark mafia story and finding a new author to me is always exciting. This story has some darkish moments that are very fitting and I like how they weren’t fussy but smoothly executed in the story. There are quite a lot of lighter ones that balance things out well. The storyline is a busy one with quite a few things going on yet not overwhelming, there is plenty of drama and action to keep it thrilling and fast paced.

I thoroughly enjoyed the sass and feistiness of Regina, her character is a great mixture of prim and old-fashioned, however, she is ready to tackle anything and speak her mind. Dominic comes across as such an arrogant man who is determined to be shut off from any emotional entanglement. That is... until he meets Regina, she gives him a run for his money. 😆

This is a great romance and thoroughly enjoyable although, I did find it a tad annoying when the relationship started to yo-yo a bit. Luckily this didn’t last long though. I liked most of the secondary characters, well except Richard, however, really couldn’t like Johnny. Yes, I think this was the author’s intent, if it wasn’t then oops, he may have had good intentions a time or two but drove me nuts. I’m with you Regina-all the way! 😉

I will definitely go back and read the other books, it doesn’t matter that I know the couples as it’s how they became one that’s the story.
Profile Image for JudyAnnLovesBooks.
1,480 reviews56 followers
December 30, 2020
This was my first romance read by Fiona Murphy and by way of introduction to her books, it was definitely a good one.

This book is a slightly dark, intense mafia romance with all the feels and I thoroughly enjoyed it. Dominic is a possessive, alpha, hero who will piss you off and turn you on all at the same time and quite frankly you’ll love every minute of it. Absolutely opposed to the concept of love and family, he lives his life as he damn well pleases. Regina is a (not so) shy, sheltered, curvaceous beauty. The illegitimate daughter of the Don, she is thrown into a world she loathes, by the father she despises. She is predisposed to hate Dominic despite her insane attraction to the man.

Complete and total opposites who are thrown together by duty and obligation and who love to hate each other, make for a hot, singe your kindle holding fingers, romance read. Watching them fall in love while kicking and screaming against it, made this a read in one sitting romance. If dark, mafia romances are your jam then this book is a must read romance for you and if you are like me and enjoy watching the proverbial bad boy fall in love, then this is also the romance for you. TBR and Enjoy!
Profile Image for Heather  The Hatters.
1,027 reviews48 followers
December 18, 2020
What is a girl to do when she is tied up and thrown in the trunk of a car? Why fall in love with the man who puts her there of course. In this book we get Dominic Sabatini man-whore extraordinaire and self proclaimed bachelor for life. Little does he know he is about to be knocked on his ass by our sweet, beautiful, and oh so sassy heroine Regina. Regina's life looks like it has been a fairy tale from the outside, but in reality it is anything but. Granted there is more things at play than she knows about, but still if I were in her shoes I would feel the same. Dominic is a ruthless OTT alpha who is not afraid to go after what he wants that is until Regina. Now their love story is full of bumps and curves, but the journey is so worth it. I loved watching these two navigate the waters and falling in love.
Profile Image for Lady Bonny Reading.
376 reviews9 followers
September 3, 2022
It seems like all of this author's book are titled "HIS". SOMETIMES that's followed by something else meaning some are stand-alones with titles like "HIS Marriage Demands", " HIS Hostile Takeover", etc. But most are part of different series e.g. The Dirty Billionaires series; Although the cover doesn't mention the series name (it's only identified in the book description), this series does have subtitles on the cover beneath "HIS", e.g. Dirty Promises, Dirty Bargain, etc., thus the "Dirty" Billionaire series title. But then we have the Sabatini Family series, (this book is the first in that series). Again, no mention of the series name on the book cover. Know what else is missing on the cover? Any other identifier to separate one book from another in this series. All 4 books (to date) are titled "HIS" and that's all you see on the cover...that and the author's name. Only in the book description do you get more ... HIS: followed by a Name and (The Sabatini Family) Series. Confused yet? Go to your online book store and search His by Fiona Murphy...you'll understand what I mean! And if someone ever recommends HIS by Fiona Murphy (or even this HIS series, just be sure to ask " Which one?". Okay ... Enough about the book title thing. It's weird and I just had to vent!

Anyway on to my review. This book is Dominic Sabatini's and Regina Conte's story. (Each book in this series is a stand alone dealing with another Sabatini family member. This story wasn't bad. The premise was actually pretty good and well thought out. Even the writing was decent, easy to understand, no grammatical errors nor even any glaring typos. I even liked the main characters, as well as the secondary characters and I loved the relationship between Dominic and his father.

So why wasn't I thrilled with it? Well, for some reason I had trouble connecting with the main characters...not always, but most of the time. Don't get me wrong, the story was good, the characters were well written; I just didn't feel the emotions. I didn't live their story. Maybe if there had been a bigger glimpse into their backgrounds; an actual detailed look into critical events in their pasts via a memory in real time so that the reader could experience it rather than just getting the cold, clinical telling that it was, I might have had more empathy for them. As it is, you don't really experience their history so it's harder to empathize with them, feel connected in the present time. (Perhaps I'm too critical because I'd just finished two books from two of my favorite authors who do make me feel every emotion; make me live the story to the extent that for days and days after I've finished, I can't get the characters out if my mind!)

My other issue is that the ending, the HEA is rather abrupt. After the antagonist is dealt with, there's one remaining issue between the H and h. He finds a way he can compromise giving her what she wants without having to worry about his concerns. There was so much opportunity to get some real emotion here and it was missed because everything was glossed over. (I'm going to be as vague as possible here because I don't want to give anything away.) Instead of the author giving us these final events in detailed, real time, as it happens, thus letting us experience it with the characters, the story jumps to the future where we're told of two previous failures and they're on their way to another place to try again. We don't even get any details of the last attempt. No, instead, the next chapter (epilogue) jumps to the future where they are preparing to celebrate 25 yrs of marriage and you're trying to figure out the outcome of that last attempt. (You do eventually get the evience it worked out, but you didn't get to experience any of it.

Overall, an easy read; not a bad story, but could have been better. 3.5 Stars
Profile Image for Bec.
1,344 reviews20 followers
February 26, 2021
This is definitely a midway rating from me. I picked up the book due to ...mafia (embarrassing to fall continually for the forced marriage trope). It had a great male lead, determined, respected, older (39) and terrifically horrible with relationships. He stated in the first chapter that he “did something 10 years ago” that he won’t mention to his dad when the subject of grandchildren comes up. He obviously had a vasectomy because he is determined not to have kids.

Enter our female lead, Regina. Young, virgin, innocent, naive, neglected and a bastard child who had been living in a convent for basically her whole life when her mother died. Her father is the Don and he is sick and terminal. He sends for her and has arranged for her to marry Dominic.

This is all well and good, right up to the tying her up and throwing her in the trunk. Then there is a connection. The author writes this well but for 39 our hero is stupid and hardly takes into account the mindset of the young Regina. She is insecure. Takes everything to heart so he shuts her out after they are married and consummate right down to the bloody sheets (eww, but not unheard of in this style of book) she knows she will get hurt because she loves him and he is a block of cement.

This is one of the conflicts the other is his lie about children. Then when he decides to make her happy she all of a sudden needs in vitro / medical intervention to get pregnant because of fibroids but there is no mention of his previous surgery. Also, when they first get together he makes her have a contraceptive implant...this all doesn’t make sense. No reversal discussion is had, no mention of either of their procedures. Just the small struggle to get pregnant. I get very distracted with these types of issues in a book. If you write something early on it was for a reason not just a thought bubble. So it should be addressed when the time comes.

Overall it was a good read just not enough of all the things that make mafia books great🙃
This entire review has been hidden because of spoilers.
Profile Image for Beautiful Flower.
112 reviews
January 4, 2021
This book is my first for Fiona Murphy.it is well written but I have a few points. I didn't feel any dark elements as it was mentioned in the blurb. Yes ,I have arranged marriage , an alphamale , virgin heroine , and mafia life. No suspense in this book that you can say it is mafia world. I have a happy family and a superhero actually here. Our writer tried so hard to give us some serious drama issues for our couple but I think she failed. For example our heroine had the worst father and daughter relationship. I had a glimpse of it.She could write more about this struggle or her confortation with her grandma as a married woman. Her self steem is so low like a magic touch she changed . Our heroine needed to get out of her shell. Suddenly I realise oh she changed. I need a realistic develoment here to be conected with our couple . It is not bad book but it needs more work .
482 reviews1 follower
January 6, 2021
The storyline had the potential to be a good book. The heroine started off strong and independent. Then bam, she became a weakling. She no longer had her own opinion. To be kidnapped and have sexual relations within a couple days. Nope. Rather boring book.
Profile Image for PIONEER.
708 reviews12 followers
February 16, 2021
This was a bit of a roller coaster. From possible 3.5 stars to a deep 2 stars then a tiny shift to 2.5 stars and then a smidge more shift to a 3 stars. Why?

The premise of the story I was into. When I read the synopsis, I knew this was the book I had to read to celebrate Valentine’s Day.

I hoped we’d get at least a little bit of character development with this chick, but I don’t think it happened. The whole thing with Richard kinda shows her... mentality? Lack of maturity? Naivety? Eh.

I wondered why she was acting so aloof and weird after Anyway, I was not into this chick.

Just because the character acknowledges they did something wrong/dumb/cringe/gross/questionable does not make it okay. Fact.

The dude... eh. He played asshole quite well.

I dunno, but I wasn’t into the monologues all that much. Those big chunks of text of a character telling some story was kinda exhausting. I wish there were a more interesting way to convey that info.

Tony has children everywhere. Woah.

“Dom the bomb”. Lol okay.

Play stupid games, win stupid prizes.” I mean, Dom was right. Good wake up slap for the chick. But honestly, I could see Dom going through with what this quote refers to. And well... that's not a thing you want to think about a character doing—ruining his relationship. There was just this thing about him that made me think he'd be like "fuck it" and actually y'know... Maybe he knew there'd be a stop to it before it went too far... but what if there wasn't? I dunno man.
Profile Image for Chalice.
2,375 reviews64 followers
May 6, 2021
The couple: Dominic and Regina

Romance genre: mafia
Part of a series: Yes (The Sabatini Family)
Length: 262 pages

Plot: Dominic is in the mafia, and is pretty happy with his life as it is. He doesn't want a higher position , and he definitely doesn't want to get married. He's particularly against having kids, as he doesn't want a son of his forced into this life. However, one day his boss sends him to New York to talk with the big boss. Seems he has a favor to ask him. The big boss needs help with his daughter Regina. Regina has been secretly dating this sketchy guy named Richard, and plans to run off with him and get married. She wants nothing to do with her father's lifestyle. But her fathers knows she's planning this and wants Dominic to charm her out of it. It doesn't really work because Regina doesn't believe Dominic when he tells her the bad things Richard has done (using her for her connections, beating up and maybe killing women, etc.). So with her father's blessing, Dominic kidnaps her, and furthermore, her dad orders Dominic to marry her. This is bad news for both of them, but they don't really have a choice, and Dominic finds her incredibly attractive anyways. So they have to come to an agreement. One of the sticking points though is that Regina really wants children, and Dominic does not. They come up with a solution for that too, and there is a HEA.

Character development: Regina was young, and you could tell, but Dominic insisted on treating her life she was a dumb brat most of the time, unless he wanted to have sex with her. That was annoying. Also, I felt bad that there wasn't really a discussion about children initially, it was just Dominic saying they weren't going to have any. I'm glad he eventually relented. He was particularly hardheaded. Regina was too, though, to be fair, but I think she had more reason. Her father was really pretty awful to her, and it seemed that everyone believed that he was great and she was just spoiled and contrary. And she definitely had some insecurities about her looks. Dominic did tell her all the time how beautiful he found her, but then he went and pulled that stunt of bringing Serena in and pretending he was going to have sex with. I wonder if he would have gone through with it. That was a gross trick to play. However, once the two of them came together, they were great together.

Would I read more from this author/in this series: Yes
Next book in the series: His: Tony
Profile Image for Ashlee Shades.
Author 49 books488 followers
January 2, 2021
I have to give this one 5 stars. I just HAVE to!

This author was new to me, but not any longer. Thank God! I just grabbed up a few more to add to this collection.

This story - a Mafia story hot enough to burn my Kindle and sizzle the insides.

I think the thing I loved most (aside from the characters and their steamy (flaming hot) story) is that the author dispersed equal parts light with dark when it came to the storytelling. This is, after all, a Mafia story. To have left it all light and fluffy wouldn't have made sense. But, to leave each scene dark as hell would have left the romance lovers scratching their heads and ending the story early. Ms. Fiona did a fabulous job of knowing when to give us each moment.

The characters were multi-dimensional. There was a depth to them that made them real. They became a friend, in a sense.

The story itself was well written. From the storyline to the characters, their adventures and experiences, the settings, the turmoil (both emotional and physical), and the climax - I enjoyed it all. I would absolutely recommend this story to anyone who loves the dark, gritty, HAF Mafia romance genre.
Profile Image for Lisa Petty (Book Bangers Blog).
1,451 reviews12 followers
January 3, 2021
This book had my heart beating and boy did I fall in love. Dominic is exactly that a mafia Dom who will make your heart melt and your panties wet. He is a high ranking Capo in The Outfit and he knows what he wants and doesn't. And what he doesn't is to be called upon by the Don in The Outfit Johnny Conti, but when the Don calls you go no matter what. What he doesn't expect is the dying wish of the man he is not fond of and that is to protect his daughter and get her away from a man that is a wolf in sheep's clothing. Regina was sent away when she was young never having any real contact with her family and now she's summoned home to a dying father she hates with a passion. She just wants to be loved, cared for, and treated like a person. What she doesn't expect is something kidnapping her and tying her up. Now she has to not only fight the attraction to this man Dominic who took her, but also fight the real truth about the man she loves. Sometimes you have to put you trust into someone you don't want to. And sometimes you have to run away. Can Dominic save her before it's to late?
Profile Image for Storied Conversation.
375 reviews585 followers
4.5 STARS!!

This is my first book from Fiona Murphy and I must say I enjoyed this so much! Dominic was such a great character and loved learned all about him. He's a Capo in The Outfit and son of Anthony Sabatini. He is, for all purposes, the quintessential mafia guy. He has women whenever he wants them but has also done things to help "the family".

while Regina's father is Johnny Conti, now the Don of The Outfit. She is the mafia princess who feels as though she doesn't belong. She was sent to Italy as a child and didn't return until her father sent for her once he is dying.

These two have very different lives within the same group of people and family for the most part. Watching them figure out how to love one another and be together was a joy.

I received this book for free in exchange for an honest review. This does not affect my opinion of the book or the content of my review. This review was originally posted on Wickedly Romance
17 reviews
December 19, 2020
It was AMAZING! I have been anticipating this one since Bethany's book, you could totally tell he was going to get his own book. When I received it by email it was almost eight at night and it was long and I didn't care I downloaded and started it. I laughed a few times and I cried like a baby a few others. This wasn't missing a thing, not a single thing. Dominic is a jerk, no surprise, he scared me once or twice but in the end he was exactly what I should have known he was going to be. I loved Regina, you totally felt her confusion and a few times I did get mad at her then you get reminded she is only 22 and one of the things I love about Fiona is she keeps it real. How would a 22 year old react to all of what she was going though?
I finished it at midnight with enough time to get ready for bed and get up at a decent hour for work. So I got ready for bed then opened it back up and read it all over again. I managed to get about 4 hours of sleep and I don't regret a single thing.
Profile Image for Wendy Livingstone.
13.4k reviews118 followers
January 3, 2021
This is the 1st in a new series and is Dominic and Regina’s journey. Dominic is powerful, dangerous, and dominant, and when he is pressurized into getting married this womanizer is not happy, especially when he is asked by Regina’s father to marry her. Reginia is sassy and is looking forward to marrying her boyfriend and leave the mafia family behind, instead she finds herself tied up and thrown into the trunk of a car. These two are total opposites but they have more in common than either ever imagined, and Regina is no shrinking violet, she challenges Dominic and gives him a run for his money. This is a well written story which is dark, and with twists, drama, action, and love. I look forward to reading more from this talented author whose work I recommend for all.
Profile Image for Sarah.
1,033 reviews20 followers
Dominic 🔥& he🔥
My heart went to him because he didn't want children especially a male. Because his son will have to live his life which he hate. He doesn't want his son to live it. Dominic is a bad ass and he thinks for his future son by not having kids. To me that's a real hero right there !!

Regina was very naive when we first met her and I wanted to strangle her when a certain piece of evidence was shown to her. Then I started to love when she realised she is in love with Dominic.

Regina wanted kids and they found away Dominic fear for a son. They work together as a team and live happily ever after ❤
December 19, 2020
I had the privilege of receiving this book as an ARC, and boy was I in for a treat. Yet again Fiona has thrilled me with her alpha heroes who love their curvy women. Dominic was such a force to be reckoned with, and it would take a woman of equal measure to fit him just so. They are both broken, but they find solace in one another. I really enjoyed the character development of both the FMC and the MMC. I also love the set up for her next book about Tony, even more intrigued and cannot wait for May! The romantic scenes were super steamy and had all the right elements. I’m always going to be such a sucker for a JP hero who’s in the Mafia. Happy reading everyone!
Profile Image for Lynn Thinking out loud .
1,424 reviews55 followers
December 21, 2020
New to me author. I love her. I'll definitely be reading more from her .
Dominic and Regina knew from their very first meeting that they were meant for each other. But they wouldn't be who they were if they didn't deny it.
They fought the good fight trying so hard not to love each other. In the end they fell hard anyway.

I'll definitely be going back and reading about Dominic's cousins.

Thank you Fiona for allowing me to read this and discover how wonderful the Sabatini family really is.
Profile Image for World Of Books 65.
1,826 reviews32 followers
January 4, 2021
Dominic Sabatini can tie me up and throw me in the trunk of his car any day of the week..... In fact he can tie me up anyway he wants.

HIS - is a sizzling hot mafia romance that will melt your panties right off. This is an older man younger girl romance that had a really great storyline giving you a great insight into the Sabatini Family and setting the reader up for what is to come in this must read series.

Regina maybe young but she is a very old soul. Sent away to Italy to be brought up in a boarding school run by Nuns since she was 6 for 4 years Regina never spoke a word. Her father a Mafia boss is now dying and summoned his daughter back to the states. Regina is ripe for the picking and she thinks she has found the love of her life. A man who will take away from a life she want's know part of. Regina thinks she has kept her romance a secret and pending marriage but you don't keep much from the mafia as Regina is about to find out!

Dominic is an underboss he loves his life, he never wants to get married and he certainly doesn't want children when Jimmy contacts him to help out with his daughter it is the last thing he wants to do but when he meets the the young Regina something shifts inside him. Regina can't believe she is attracted to this arrogant man. But trying telling her lady part's that! But can Regina really be someone like Dominic and why would he want someone like her when he has the pick of sophisticated thin women. Dominic isn't sure why he is so drawn to Regina but he is he just needs to understanding why.

Following Dominic and Regina in this brilliant book of Cat and Mouse.

Can't wait for Dominics dads Tony's book up next!
Profile Image for Jenny.
4 reviews
December 20, 2020
Miss Fiona Murphy has outdone herself with her latest Sabatini alpha! With one of her strongest female mc’s yet, Dominic and Regina melt the pages as they navigate their tortured souls through a battle of wills, stubborn pride and a dark world that could leave them both scorched.

If you’re a fan of her Sabatini Brothers, this one will not disappoint. While Dominic is a bigger pill to swallow than the previous Sabatini’s, I promise he goes down oh so smooth!
Profile Image for Katrina.
737 reviews11 followers
January 3, 2021
I devoured this book and can’t recommend it highly enough. It’s an arranged marriage story that is thrilling from beginning to end. The hero is totally swoon worthy and the ultimate alpha. He’s very controlling and serious. Yet an absolute softie as well. I genuinely enjoyed reading Dominic and Regina’s story and need to read other books by this author.
1,258 reviews8 followers
4 1/2 Stars

This one had all the feels of what I like in a Mafia Romance. Dominic was the perfect alpha hero who started out as a cold blooded ruthless womanizing mobster and ended up falling hard for mafia princess, Regina.
Dark with tight knit loyalty woven into the plot.
I liked the way Dominic was drawn to Regina emotionally which was totally out of character for him. Saving her from her predator boyfriend was the start of a tumultuous yet romantic love story, mafia style.

Profile Image for Christy Haun.
1 review
January 3, 2021
Loved it! Sleep, who needs sleep when you have an excellent book to read

Fiona has a way of pulling me in with her characters and makes them feel like family. I’ve been looking forward to Dom’s book and the wait was worth it! I’m waiting with anticipation for Tony’s book and praying that Luca is the next one on the series! Thank you Ms Murphy for a wonderful book!
Displaying 1 - 30 of 102 reviews

Can't find what you're looking for?

Get help and learn more about the design.