Start by marking “Wildfire” as Want to Read:

Fighting fires is Aidan's life,
whether he's putting out the embers his past left behind,
or surviving the blazes he faces everyday.
Relationships are something he avoids,
because a man who has lost everything won't walk that path again.
Ocea has worked hard to put her life back together,
Published November 24th 2020

To ask other readers questions about Wildfire, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Wildfire

Start your review of Wildfire
Nov 20, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Ocea and Aiden have both experienced tragedies that have shaped the way they are now as adults. Just as in real life, these characters react to situations differently and feel guilt, anger and remorse. Could they both benefit from getting some self-help? Absolutely! My heart broke for them and yes, I cried at.certain parts of their story.
This isn't meant to be a full-length novel so for as short as it is, I think the storyline progressed fairly well and all of the secondary characters added nic
Karen Roma
Nov 19, 2020 rated it liked it
Wildfire by Jo-Anne Joseph was my first book by this author, and I found myself loving and hating the leader characters equally throughout the story. It begins with tragedy; and from there readers are bombarded with the roller coaster of emotions that Aidan and Ocea experience based on their own personal loss.

Twenty years of self-flagellation have ensured that Aidan is a stoic, brusque and often just out right rude SOB, but his heart is in the right place when it comes to his colleagues and the
Joy Westerfield
Nov 20, 2020 rated it it was amazing
What a powerful story about two lost souls who find each other when they weren’t even looking. Aidan is a firefighter with a tragic past who just can’t look towards the future. Until he meets Ocea, a young nurse who turns his world upside down. These two characters will work their way into your very heart and soul. Ocea is like a breath of fresh air and Aidan, while closed off, is kind and caring.

These two have major chemistry and while you read about their potential relationship, you can’t help
ROBIN RUIZ
Dec 30, 2020 rated it it was amazing
“ I guess broken souls recognize each other “.
Aidan and Ocea ..fire and water !
This book had the wow factor from page one. The characters were among my favorites so far ... My only complaint is that it wasn’t long enough !!!
Another great Jo-Anne Joseph read!!
Sue
Nov 22, 2020 rated it really liked it
This was a quick enjoyable read. I actually would have liked it to be a longer book so we could have the characters fleshed out more, but for the length of the book, it was done well. I am hoping that Kyle might get a book of his own 🤞🏻. I liked it.
LORRIE
Nov 21, 2020 rated it really liked it
Exciting, sexy, fun amd romantic
Renee
Dec 03, 2020 rated it liked it

Fighting fires is Aidan's life, whether he's putting out the embers his past left behind, or surviving the blazes he faces everyday. Relationships are something he avoids because a man who has lost everything won't walk that path again. Ocea has worked hard to put her life back together, so the last thing she wants is to feel attracted to the man with sad eyes and a broken spirit. But they are drawn t
Jennifer Pierson
Nov 30, 2020 rated it really liked it
Aiden has tragedies in his past that have definitely shaped him into the man he became. I'm not saying that  I didn't understand but it didn't have him come off well though he has a good heart. He comes across a nurse named Ocea, and she has her own tragedies in her past so she has issues as well. They do have a strong connection but he keeps playing hot & cold with her which seriously upset me a lot, and she kept going back for more since she's so hard on herself that it tends to manifest into ...more
Ellen
Nov 20, 2020 rated it liked it
Quick read with enough feelings leaving you wanting more

This book was way shorter than I expected for the emotional set up. Both Aiden and Ocea have lived through tragedy. This has shaped their here and now. Ocea has a wild, somewhat irresponsible streak while Aiden is closed off to the thought of deep connections and relationships. They are somewhat unwilling participants in the hot attraction between them. While Aiden manages to be an a&& most of the time, playing hot and cold, Ocea is more ev
Kari
Nov 30, 2020 rated it liked it
I did overall enjoy the romance between Aiden and Ocea. I thought given time, they would be a great couple for each other. Both of them had heartbreaking back stories and that similarity would only strengthen their bond in the long run. The biggest issue in the end was the length. This is a novella length with a HFN ending. I wanted more of them and would have loved a longer story with a HEA. There are also some other characters I would love to read more about. I do recommend this one.

I do wan
Wendy Livingstone
Nov 29, 2020 rated it it was amazing
This is Aidan and Ocea’s story. Aidan is a firefighter and Ocea a nurse, and they have both suffered tragedies in their past which have defines them to become the people they are today. The chemistry between these two is sizzling, but can the heal each other and move on together? This is a beautifully written story which is an emotional roller coaster, and is raw, gritty, heartbreaking, and with guilt, remorse, anger, and love. I was enthralled throughout this addictive and riveting tale and I l ...more
Anna  M_82
Dec 09, 2020 rated it it was amazing
I loved this book so much, even if it made me cry. Aidan has suffered so much in life and used that suffering to become a firefighter. Ocea has had her own suffering in life and now works as a nurse at a hospital. They meet when Aidan’s friend is injured fighting a house fire. Aidan feels such a pull towards Ocea but doesn’t feel like he can open his heart to love and happiness. This book was beautifully written. You could feel the suffering, the attraction, the hope to do more with life.

I recei
 Charlie  ✰ WLTB Blog ✰
Nov 23, 2020 rated it really liked it
Shelves: 2020, arc-from-author
This is a quick read and it leaves you wanting more....
Really good emotional story great characters very well written. Ocea and Aiden have had there share of tragedies but these two are drawn together. I loved Ocea but Aiden did annoy me in parts but i still liked him. I am hoping maybe we will get another book I would love to read more on some of the characters.

If you are looking for a quick read then this is the book for you.

Vinessa
Dec 02, 2020 rated it really liked it
Ocea a nurse with demons in her past that make her future dim, yet hope fills her everyday.
Aiden a firefighter with demons of his that keep his hopes down but with a kind heart and potential to move on.
When these two meet I do not believe even Aiden can put this fire out.
Can two broken people start a life of love, friendship and happiness

Dec 05, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: arcs
Wildfire
Aidan & Ocea (i love her name)
2 souls that have been through a bad life experiences. Both characters are difficult in a good way. Opposite attracts and their attraction is fire
Life is hard but its how you get through it that makes life amazing. This is not a cosy romance its raw

On Kindle unlimited & currently £0.77
Marianela Aybar (Mari Loves Books Blog)
I liked the premise and the depth of both Aidan and Ocea. They are broken in a way and together may have found what they needed. I like that the story is short but would have loved a little more about them.
Lofty
Nov 26, 2020 rated it liked it
3 1/2*
Aiden meets Ocea when his friend kyle is hurt in the fire they attend.
He's the typical grumpy person living with trauma from his childhood. She's a nurse working constantly so she doesn't face her loss.
A quick read
Kimberly
Nov 29, 2020 rated it really liked it
The book is a good romance read. The story has a good story line. The characters are good, and they have good chemistry. The story is an enjoyable quick romance read.

Danielle Marlowe
Dec 01, 2020 rated it really liked it
I enjoyed this story, the plot and characters were strong, the story was written well. Aiden and Ocea were made for each other, the connection they shared was strong, so wasn't their chemistry. They were good together. ...more
Shirley Small
Dec 03, 2020 rated it it was amazing
This was a really good book.
Gina Burkart
Nov 26, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Wow what a amazing read that shows you that 2 souls can find each other when you dont think will happen. These 2 broken souls will find ways to heal each other.
Thi
Dec 04, 2020 rated it really liked it
Aiden drove me crazy with his hot/cold attitude. There times I just wanted to smack him.
Teri
Oct 19, 2020
Gracie Liberty
Oct 23, 2020
Jo-Anne Joseph
Nov 19, 2020 marked it as to-read  ·  (Review from the author)
J.J. Carlson
Nov 25, 2020
Ari Diamond
is currently reading it
Dec 01, 2020

• The Cowboy and His Mistletoe Kiss  (Rock Springs Texas #6)
  • Control the Burn (Hearts & Horsepower Book 1)
  • His (The Sabatini Family #1)
  • Breakthrough (Nashville Notes #1)
  • Fractured Things (Folkestone Sins, #2)
  • Best Laid Plans
  • Sun Child: Part One (The Year of the Wolf, #3A)
  • Fragile Things (Folkestone Sins, #1)
  • Arrogant Arrival (Cocky Hero Club)
  • Elite (Eagle Elite, #1)
  • Merciless King (A Cocky Hero Club Novel)
  • Nox (Untamed Sons MC, #2)
  • Maverick (Dark and Dirty Sinners' MC Series, #6)
  • Play You (Rebel Ink Book 4)
  • Logan: A Hot Hot Christmas (Christmas Down Under, #2)
  • Daddy's Christmas (Yes, Daddy Book 13)
  • Bound to Happen (Hartley Ranch Cowboys Brothers, #3)
  • I Love You (Real Men Love Big Curves #2)
Jo-Anne Joseph is a USA Today Bestselling Author of contemporary romance, romantic suspense, and psychological fiction. Along with a passion for writing, she is an avid reader, wine lover and foodie. Her lifelong love affair with words started at a young age. She’s a business professional, and lives in Johannesburg, South Africa with her husband, their son and fur babies.

News & Interviews