Start by marking “Mia and Nattie: One Great Team!” as Want to Read:
Mia and Nattie: One Great Team!

Mia and Nattie: One Great Team!

Kindle Edition
Published October 3rd 2020

To ask other readers questions about Mia and Nattie, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Mia and Nattie

Start your review of Mia and Nattie: One Great Team!
Leslie aka StoreyBook Reviews
This book is the perfect example of what happens when someone (or something) is abandoned and how others step in to assist and take care of that someone. It teaches a very timely lesson to children (and adults) that all things, big and small, are important no matter what they look like or how they came to into this world.  Sometimes great things come in small packages.

Mia is a wise young lady and recognizes that Nattie needs some help. Nattie has been abandoned by her mother and Mia sets out to
Julie
Nov 18, 2020 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
If you’re looking for a sweet book that teaches kids that their voice matters, that their perseverance pays off, and the power of love and friendship, this one is it!

Mia and Nattie is a great story about a young girl and a lamb on the farm. This little lamb is a little unusual, and Grandma doesn’t think she belongs on the farm. The lamb has a crooked horn and is a bit of a runt. Nattie may not be able to live with the rest of the flock or raise babies of her own. But Mia is a small girl too. She
Jenn Z at That's What She's Reading
description

Based on the true story of a lamb that captured the author's heart, this book is an incredibly heartwarming, sweet, and gentle story about commitment and the power of love!

Nattie doesn't quite look like all the other lambs on Mia's Grandma's farm. Born with a crooked horn, short legs, and the smallest of the sheep, Nattie has a lot to overcome if she's going to make it on the farm. Despite Nattie's differences, Mia loves this small lamb unconditionally and works hard to prove to others how inval
Nov 15, 2020 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Mia and Nattie is a sweet, heartfelt story about a girl who always felt small, unwilling to abandon the ewe that doesn't fit in. Award-winning author Marlene M. Bell invites adults and children alike to embrace what makes us unique. What makes one person (or animal) useful may not hold true for another. The important thing is to remember we're all united in love, and our ability to give and receive it, no matter our differences.

I taught pre-school for years, but it's always a revelation to see t
Lorilei Gonzales
Mia and Nattie: One Great Team! by Marlene M. Bell is a cute story with adorable illustrations by Grace Sandford. If you were to judge this book by its cover, your assessment would probably be correct. This is a quality hardcover children’s book with crisp lines, bright colors, and beautiful binding. (I would love to buy the endpapers as wrapping paper or in journal form.)

The fact that this story is based on true life makes it even more charming. There is nothing more heartwarming than a story o
Christena
Nov 17, 2020 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Marlene M. Bell has created another charming children’s book. Mia and Nattie relates the story of a young small lamb named Nattie who has a crooked horn needing to find a place in the world. Mia takes it upon herself to save Nattie and find a purpose for this young lamb on her Grandmother’s farm.

One of the true essences of this children’s book is that everything does have a purpose in this life and sometimes it just needs helping in finding that purpose. It is also a story about determination an
Jenn Belden
Nov 16, 2020 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Marlene M Bell's new book Mia and Nattie is based on the true story of the author's own experience with a preemie lamb, and the love she felt for that special little lamb shines through in this heartwarming book.

Telling a tale of unconditional love, persistence, and how everyone has a place, young Mia brings an abandoned newborn lamb into their house to help her survive. Nattie has a lot of things working against her and Grandma wants to sell her, but Mia fights to prove that Nattie can earn her
Kimmie
Nov 20, 2020 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Have you ever loved an animal so much you considered it your best friend? Did you talk to it and tell it all your problems? I know I did. Marlene M. Bell does a fantastic job bringing to life the very best of our pet-loving memories, and she does it in such an enchanting way!

I was drawn into this cute story from the very first page. You can tell that the author and illustrator worked well together by the way each illustration shows the emotions on the page, and in this case, they were memory-in
Lee Austin
Nov 15, 2020 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Mia and Nattie: One Great Team is a children’s picture book about a little girl and her lamb by Marlene M. Bell. When a little newborn sheep is abandoned in the barn, Mia brings her into her Grandmother’s house, and bottle feeds her. Eventually she grows big enough to live outside. Mia loves Nattie, and wants to keep her as a pet. Nattie is a very small sheep, too small to flock with the rest of the herd. She needs to find her a way to be useful so she can stay on the working farm with Mia.

Mia
Kay Enderlin
Oct 18, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Here is my review.
I give this wonderful written beautifully illustrated storybook five stars. This book is very educational for children's storybook.
I like the fact that this story teaches children and adults it is okay to be different. Beautifully illustrations that displays the characters and the animals. Also it teaches everyone that whether they are a person or an animal we all have a job to do in life. I received a copy of this book via the author and I'm reviewing it voluntarily.
Diane Kane
Oct 30, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Mia and Nattie by Marlene M. Bell is an adorable story about an orphaned sheep and the little girl who loved it. It’s based on the true story of a special sheep who came into Marlene’s life and captured her heart. Nattie’s story is one of spirit and resilience. Mia proves that unconditional love is the key to supporting friends and helping them be the best they can be. Good lessons for everyone in a wonderful children’s book.
Suanne
Oct 15, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: children
Mia and Nattie is an adorable children's book. In a quiet, unassuming way, it teaches that it's all right to be different and that every person or animal has something to give the world. I enjoyed the simple prose and the sweet, affirming message.
Lone Star Literary Life
Featured on Lone Star Book Blog Tours. Lone Star Blogger Team average rating: 4.89 stars. ...more
Bosy Elselhdar
StorySchmoozingBkReviews
Nov 20, 2020
Marlene
Oct 15, 2020 added it  ·  (Review from the author)
Tonja Drecker
Barbara Gary

• The Kissing Tree: Four Novellas Rooted in Timeless Love
  • Araceli's Path: Among Angels and Devils in Juarez
  • The Love Note
  • 6 Feet Under Texas: Unique, Famous, & Historic Graves in the Lone Star State (Cemetery Tales)
  • Escape From Wheel (Conquest Of The Veil Book 2)
  • Nothing Short of Wondrous (American Wonders #2)
  • Something Worth Doing
  • Strong from the Heart (Caitlin Strong #11)
  • Airborne
  • The Edge of Belonging
  • North To Alaska: An H.H. Lomax Western
  • Landing in My Present: A Father, a Daughter, and the Singular Himalayan Journey that Reunited Them
  • I Am Jax, Protector of the Ranch
  • Saving Irene: A Culinary Mystery
  • Wildland
  • I Am Ava, Seeker in the Snow
  • Never Have I Ever
  • Mirador: A Novel
Mystery at a killing pace

Marlene M. Bell is an award-winning writer, artist, and crazy sheep lady who resides in beautiful East Texas. Her renown sheep photographs grace the covers of many livestock magazines where she also writes newsy articles about raising sheep from her hands-on experience.

Of Marlene's first novel, Stolen Obession, Kirkus Reviews said, "Debut author Bell delivers a great, slo