Start by marking “Searing Visions (Las Vegas Paranormal Police Department #9)” as Want to Read:
Searing Visions (Las Vegas Paranormal Police Department #9)

Searing Visions

(Las Vegas Paranormal Police Department #9)

The Admiral is in a coma, Vegas is under Wynn's thumb, and Ian is in Hell...literally.
Ian Dex had no choice but to escape. Fighting against one uber is tough enough, but an army of them is impossible.

That means he needs to build an army of his own. Where better to find one than in Hell?

But Ian's got a personal issue to deal with first. The Boner of Destiny has been trying
Published October 23rd 2020 by Crimson Myth Press

To ask other readers questions about Searing Visions, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Searing Visions

Start your review of Searing Visions (Las Vegas Paranormal Police Department #9)
Barbara
Nov 04, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Ian is in the dumps and grouchy. The Admiral was hit with magic and now Ian can't wake him up. He's got to figure out how to get his sister out of Vagas and fight her "Ubers." Things aren't good and he and his team are now in hell to hid from Wynn. Rachael is lusting after him as grouchiness is a sexual pull for her. He has a voice in his head and wants to send him down to the the level of the satyrs to get his mojo back. He is really lagging though and has to fight to get up enough energy to do ...more
Audrey Cienki
Oct 22, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Well written! Tight plot! Great characters! Funny with lots of puns and snark!
And a first for me, at least in regard to reading urban fantasy, is the cooking contest Snipped! Do you like to watch cooking shows? Well, the cooking contest in Searing Visions is like none that you have ever seen or read about before.
And just what does happen at a Vegas writers conference?
There is so much going on in this book that I could not even begin to summarize it. It seems that many characters in the Logsdon
Maryelaine
Oct 25, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Ian and his team are on the lam in Hell. He's got to deal with the BoD, win a cooking show, build an army and deal with the worst case of sibling rivalry. Messrs Logsdon and Young have handed us another fun, fast paced and delightfully naughty installment in the Las Vegas PPD series. Will Ian and company survive Wynn'a attacks? Will Ian be taken over by the BoD? Will Queen Für finally get what she wants in return for her help? There's only one way to find out. Grab a copy and loose yourself in S ...more
Janine Corcoran
Oct 22, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Fantastic!!!

With Wynn taking over, Ian and his group have had to regroup and figure out what to do now. Before they can do that though Ian has to deal with a more personal issue which could have more dire consequences. Queue new, exciting and hilarious characters. Chapters that will have you laughing so much your face will ache. Written by John P Logsdon and Christopher P Young, two of the most awesome and hilarious authors of urban fantasy you will ever read.
Lisa Cripe
Oct 24, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Vegas PPD awesome book

Ian never disappoints. Lots of character perspectives is fun throughout the book. Intriguing, hilarious and entertaining. Lydia and Agnes are fun characters that are evolving. You going to want to read this to find out about the predicaments Ian seems to get himself into frequently. Wynn Dexington is definitely a character not to be reckoned with, many great insights into her evolution. Great, fun read.
Robert McCullough
Nov 08, 2020 rated it it was amazing
An excellent part to the three part story. I do enjoy reading the Ian Dax stories. But now that I'm into this story, you make me WAIT for the third installment. Which I will do because I'm enjoying the story so much.

Keep up the great work. I've been reading your work since very early on. I like you're style and you seen to be getting better and better.
Larry Tushman
Oct 23, 2020 rated it it was amazing
And we have a Wynn-er. Kind of.
Wynn succeeded in taking over Vegas. Again, kind of. With the escape of Ian and Crew, to the circles of Hell of all places, the war isn't over yet. So the Vegas PPD move out for recon, intel, and allies, everything a growing war needs.
What ensues may be the most hilarious Ian Dex romp yet.
Lora Bowers
Nov 06, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Hell yeah!

Omg this book had me rolling! I expect insane hilariousness from these books but this took the cake. The author side note was the best. With ever twist of the story it got funnier. If you aren't reading this series or any of the ppd series you are missing out on some seriously insane fun
Scott
What a read

The best of the Dex books yet, i love the reality side of thinks like .... and then when they do the .... even better, and it was so funny when .......happened. Can't recommended this enough or the mental images you may experience too.
Find out the spoilers like i did and don't say i didn't warn you about the fun.
Scott
Dec 31, 2020 rated it really liked it
Good set up book for the next installment- huge things are gonna happen.
I had a bit of a lag through a good portion of #7 and the firs few chapters of this book, but man it sets the board for something epic! I just flew through the last few chapters.
Stick with it, the payoff is going to be good
Bennah
Just wow!

This was a great story. Lots of action and plenty of snark. We get to see some old favorite characters and have fun with some new. Can't wait for the final book to come out now
Cindy Deporter
Oct 23, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Thank goodness the Admiral is a wake he may have been emotionally damaged for awhile but at least he can talk about it. Loved the twists and turns in the story. The cliffhanger sets things up for the next adventure. Loved loved this installment.
Ellen Burdick O'Brien
Oct 30, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Best snark and off beat supernatural humor ever!!

I rated this book like I would rate the others in the series. You know a book reads well when you get to the end and realize hours have past but it felt like minutes.
Sara
Jul 11, 2021 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Loving the Las Vegas PPD

This is The first PPD series I have read and I love it! The Las Vegas team is great every character is funny and charming even the bad guys. can't wait to read more PPD books
Michelle Reopel
Nov 16, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Setting the chessboard

Fantastic use of multiple points of view as the Las Vegas PPD breaks off to do separate tasks and new members join the team. All of the expected humor, action, and even naughtier than previous books in the series. In short, it’s perfect!
John E
Nov 09, 2020 rated it really liked it
The Admiral is adrift

La s Vegas PPD has been broken apart and Ian needs to right the shift so it's back to He'll for support. Another crazy episode sure to enjoy all fans of the series.
Paige Guido
Oct 23, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Lol! Never fear, all the fun, snark and naughty bits are here. Ian was, is, and will remain my favorite PPD main character. Jeez, the stuff he won't do to get the job done - pretty much nothing! Yet another fun, laugh-out-loud read. ...more
Doug Carlson
Oct 23, 2020 rated it it was amazing
The Horror, The Horror, Oh the humanity how can someone do that to a naval officer in his prime? Ian how could you let that happen? This book was so good I just could not put it down.
Melissa Parsons
Oct 24, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Well Ian dex is back and he’s in hot water this time. He’s having a Hell of a time, literally! How will Ian get out of it this time?
Kathleen
Brilliant!

This is such an exciting read. It is so very funny. Great story. Can’t wait now for the next book.
Marcia Campbell
Oct 23, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Another fabulous addition to the Ian Dex books! I absolutely love the witty humor!! Definitely recommend this book!!
Rita L. Woods
Jan 30, 2021
Mr A E Prior
Nov 30, 2021
« previous 1 3 4 5 next »
Goodreads Librari...: please add page # for ASIN : B08HSP3DZD 3 13 Nov 03, 2020 03:56PM

• Walking The Razor (Montague & Strong Case Files #12)
  • Requiem (Montague & Strong Case Files #13)
  • Divine Intervention (Montague & Strong Case Files #14)
  • Storm Blood (Montague & Strong Case Files, #15)
  • Dark Glass (Montague & Strong Case Files #11)
  • Savage (The Nate Temple Series, #15)
  • Blood Rule (Rule of The Council #3)
  • They Bite (The Nyxia White Stories #1)
  • Druid Master (Colin McCool, #12)
  • Revenant (Montague & Strong Case Files, #16)
  • Angel Dust (Feathers and Fire, #11)
  • They Rend (The Nyxia White Stories #2)
  • Halo Breaker (Feathers and Fire, #10)
  • Trinity (Feathers and Fire, #9)
  • Shadow Duel (Prof Croft #9)
  • Magic Inc.: An Oriceran Urban Cozy (The Evermores Chronicles Book 1)
  • Nameless (A Sepia Blue #4)
  • Magic Ambush: An Oriceran Urban Cozy (The Evermores Chronicles Book 2)
John P. Logsdon is a former game designer, producer, and software engineer who shamelessly digs into the deep recesses of his mind to bring forth oddball characters and hilarious plots. He writes primarily in fantasy, urban fantasy, and science fiction, but he's also dabbled in cozy mystery from time to time. To see John's vast library of laughs, visit www.johnplogsdon.com. ...more

Las Vegas Paranormal Police Department (10 books)
  • The Merging (Las Vegas Paranormal Police Department #1)
  • Grave Creatures (Las Vegas Paranormal Police Department #2)
  • Blood Bane Tower (Las Vegas Paranormal Police Department #3)
  • London Growl (Las Vegas Paranormal Police Department #4)
  • Swarm of Fire (Las Vegas Paranormal Police Department #5)
  • Curse of Fangs (Las Vegas Paranormal Police Department #6)
  • Clash of Flames (Las Vegas Paranormal Police Department #7)
  • Searing Instinct (Las Vegas Paranormal Police Department #8)
  • Searing Destiny (Las Vegas Paranormal Police Department #10)

News & Interviews

Heads up, history nerds!   Historical fiction remains one of the busiest and most popular genres in the book business. It can be tricky just to...