Start by marking “4% Famous” as Want to Read:
4% Famous

4% Famous

2.8  ·  Rating details ·  70 Ratings  ·  11 Reviews
Which loose-lipped gal about town has been caught canoodling with a randy restaurateur? Sources say the new “legs” of the Examiner’s gossip column has been helping him bury his long-simmering scandal even though it’s been eating away at her conscience.

Which grizzly tabloid guy better watch his way with the ladies? We hear he got more than a hangover from a boozy night out
Published April 24th 2007 by Three Rivers Press (first published 2006)

To ask other readers questions about 4% Famous, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about 4% Famous

Jun 13, 2007 rated it liked it
Recommends it for: readers who want to esacpe to the world of gossip column writers
This is an intimate fictional tale of the bizarre gossip industry full of characters and secrets as seductive and dark as New York City itself.
Therese Bergwall
Aug 23, 2017 rated it it was ok
Läst på svenska: Känd till 4%
Jennifer Johnson
May 25, 2009 rated it did not like it
Deborah Schoeneman's 4% Famous chronicles the lives of 3 New York city gossip columnists as they navigate the social ladders of New York society. The glamourous world isn't always what it seems and as the columnists learn it's easy to get caught up in the viciousness of it all. Trading gossip for favors, they seem to enjoy the best sides of both worlds, A-list, VIP treatment without the famous face that is hounded by fans. They classify themselves 4% famous, famous enough to be somebodies, but n ...more
Mar 12, 2008 rated it liked it
This is a kind of fun book about gossip columnists and the famous and nearly famous in New York. It was interesting for all the glitz and glamor and desperation, but also exhausted me. All these young people running around with high pressure jobs staying out all night at clubs and snorting coke. Exhausting. It was ok, but got kind of repetitive, and I never related to the main character like I think I was supposed to.
Emma  Kaufmann
May 11, 2008 rated it really liked it
Fascinating subject, about how utterly superficial the life of a gossip reporter is, no surprises, just a certain amazement that the protaganists can spend every night snorting coke and sleeping with mattresses (model/actress hybrid) and not have a constantly bleeding nose. A sordid, sexy, compelling read.
Aug 09, 2011 rated it liked it
It's pretty fast to read and fun. Predictable. I was kind of put of by the tense it was written in, but I got used to it. It feels like a chick flick except the end isn't as glamorous as you might hope.
Sep 24, 2010 rated it liked it
A rather slow read... entertaining enough to want to finish.
Jul 26, 2007 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: favorites
Loved it!
Vaiva Zaleckyte
Jun 16, 2014 rated it liked it
Not the best book, but not a bad one :)
Jul 07, 2014 rated it liked it
The story tells most of the time rather than shows, but it was sparkly and seedy enough to keep me interested. Another nice summer read.
Megan Jennings
Nov 01, 2014
Jul 25, 2011
Oct 10, 2014
Sep 26, 2007 rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
I only got about 1/3 of the way through this book and just had no desire to keep going. Bo-ring.
Aug 20, 2014