Start by marking “Christmas at the Little Beach Cafe” as Want to Read:
Christmas at the Little Beach Cafe

Christmas at the Little Beach Cafe

(Borteen Secrets #3.5)

Run away to the little beach café this Christmas ...

Five years ago at Christmas, solicitor Justin Sadler made the decision to leave his comfortable existence behind and move to the coast. Since then, he’s tried his best to ignore the festive season and, as he sits in the little beach café and reflects on that fateful night when his life was turned upside down, he expects h
Published November 17th 2020 by Choc Lit

To ask other readers questions about Christmas at the Little Beach Cafe, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Christmas at the Little Beach Cafe

Start your review of Christmas at the Little Beach Cafe
Brenda
It was almost Christmas in Worcester when Justin Sadler’s life changed in an instant. His response was to get into his car and drive – which eventually saw him arrive in the small village of Borteen Bay. Now, five years later he was well settled, serving the locals in his job as solicitor, with the only downside being the constant phone calls from his mother, trying to matchmake for him. Consequently, Christmas was one of the times of year Justin hated.

With his fifth Christmas looming, he was ho
Karen Mace
Nov 24, 2020 rated it it was amazing
The perfect blend of romance, mystery and drama - all set in the wonderful setting of Borteen Bay. This is book 5 in the series, but very easily read as a standalone and is the perfect festive read!

Justin is the focus of this story and he moved to the Bay 5 years ago. What prompted his sudden move and his aversion to the festive period soon become clear, and you wonder if he's ever going to be able to move on in his life and embrace the tinsel and baubles of Christmas!

When he encounters a myster
Isabelle D
So happy to visit Borteen again! For those of you who don't know it yet, it's a fictional seaside town in the UK, and this is the 5th book set there but they can be read in any order so, if you're in a Christmassy mood, you can safely start either with this new novella or with Christmas at Borteen Bay, saving the full-length novels The Girl on the Beach, The Truth Lies Buried and Sunny Days at the Beach for later.
This time, we're getting to know Justin, a solicitor (mentioned in previous boo
Angela Petch
Dec 07, 2020 rated it really liked it
Seaside escape

I enjoyed being transported to Borteen , taking me away from the bustle of Christmas preparations and card writing. Christmas does not appeal to many people for a variety of reasons but I'm so pleased our hero, Justin, was converted... It was fun to follow his adventures with Sylvie, but now back to reality. Now where did I hide that present for my mother-in-law?
Marsha Keeper Bookshelf
Reviewed at Keeper Bookshelf

Have you discovered the Borteen Secrets series yet? If not, then I’d suggest checking these stories out if you love a bit of romantic suspense mixed in with a charming love story – or a Christmas filled romance, depending upon the time of year. Whether discovering long-held secrets or bringing someone out of their painful past into celebrating life right now, at this moment, I’ve found these stories to be a combination of fun indulgence and heart-rendering emotions th
Frankie (Chicks, Rogues and Scandals)
Here we are again, back in the charming little village of; Borteen Bay, I can’t wait!! Grab your hot chocolate, put on your snuggly socks and enjoy the latest festive trip to one of the most enchanting villages!

This is the fifth book in the series, but don’t worry you don’t have to read them in order, you can do exactly what I did and jump straight in wherever you feel like it, I actually started this series with the previous Christmas novella; Christmas at Borteen Bay and since I have been hook
Joanne
Nov 19, 2020 rated it really liked it
The opening of this book really intrigued me. Lots of people aren't fans of Christmas but why did Justin have such a physical reaction to even just hearing Christmas music? Clearly something had happened in the past to provoke such a response and I was very keen to find out what it was. Well. I quickly found out and what a surprise that was! Equally intriguing was our introduction to Silvie, who Justin meets briefly on the beach at Borteen and then again soon after in what seems like a dangerous ...more
Debbie Southwell
Nov 08, 2020 rated it really liked it
It was lovely to revisit Borteen as this book is part of a series about the fictional town however you don't have to read them in any particular order as they can be read as standalone books.
Justin has made his home in Borteen following a messy split from his wife and due to the fact this happened around Christmas he dislikes it immensely.
Unexpectedly he meets Silvie one day but Silvie is being threatened following the death of her Mother who has entrusted something to Silvie which is causing c
Els
Nov 20, 2020 rated it really liked it
It’s been a while since I was in Borteen and it’s great to be back. It’s a lovely series and you don’t really have to read the book in a certain order. You can read them as standalones but as usual with a series it’s nice to see how the characters develop.

When you have had a bad experience in love, you want to build the highest wall possible around your heart. You are convinced that staying single is the best way to protect yourself, but it’s also the loneliest solution.

Suddenly you meet someone
Barbara
Nov 17, 2020 rated it it was amazing
This is a really gorgeous romance with an added crime to add spice to this Christmas dish. The hero, Justin, is a real smoothy, the sort of guy every girl needs. Silvie, the heroine, is an author facing problems after her mother's death. Justin comes to her aid and its goes from there. I loved the way the story ran along and was rooting for Silvie from the start. Between them there is a major difference regards Christmas and by the end they are agreed. A great book to read anytime but especially ...more
Sally Coles
Nov 30, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Justin has hated Christmas ever since he moved to the little town of Borteen five years ago and he doesn't think he will ever shake off the unpleasant memories that sent him there. Silvie is still mourning the death of her mother and is being intimidated by her stepbrother regarding something in her mother's will so when she meets Justin on the beach he is her saviour and she is determined to bring Christmas into his life..... but will her secrets destroy them both?

A lovely Christmassy story wit
Donna Morgan
Nov 17, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Justin is a solicitor who has settled in Borteen after moving away from the family business back in Worcester. He meets the mysterious Silvie on the beach after he catches her hat which has blown away. They are both keeping painful family secrets: Justin hates Christmas as it reminds him of the time he found out his wife was cheating on him; Silvie has recently lost her mother and her stepbrother is contesting the will. Can they help each other and find love on the way?
I loved reading this book.
Anne
Jan 10, 2021 rated it it was amazing
I think Morton Gray’s Borteen Bay series of books a treat at any time of the year. But in Christmas at the Little Beach Cafe Morton manages to weave a mystery/crime element into the romance, which makes for a really exciting page turner. Thank you, Morton, for another lovely read with beautifully developed characters and story, I was sorry to get to the end of it.
Gill
Nov 17, 2020 rated it really liked it
Another trip to Borteen with Ms Gray, so I rubbed my hands, settled in to enjoy and I wasn’t disappointed. This is a very pleasant shorter story – easily read in one sitting for me – with some interesting characters, hidden secrets etc. It is a heartwarming read, with a HEA – just right to set us up for an escapist Christmas in a world gone mad. I can heartily recommend it.
Yvonne Greene
Nov 17, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Lovely Christmas read set in a quaint seaside location. Justin is trying to escape his past and start a new life by the sea. Can Sylvia help him to overcome his dislike of Christmas but what is she running away from? Can two lost souls help each other to heal? Beautifully written.
Coco
Nov 01, 2020 rated it really liked it
On the east coast of England there is a fictional town of Borteen where life is slower and everyone knows everyone. This is where Justin Sadler has made his home and is now the local solicitor. Because of painful memories from a past Christmas, Justin withdraws from Christmas celebrations.

When walking on the beach he meets successful author Silvie Walters who, after receiving frightening threats, has become so scared that she retreats to Borteen and is keeping a low profile in a rented holiday c
Choc Lit (publisher)
Megan Rose
Dec 16, 2020

• Christmas at Moonshine Hollow
  • A Spell in Provence
  • It Started with a Pirate (Schubert #4)
  • Beyond Grey
  • Strictly on Ice
  • Angel Heart
  • Holly's Christmas Secret
  • One by One
  • A Silent Child (Lisa Carter Files #2)
  • A Wedding on the Riviera (Riviera #2)
  • Cosy Christmas Treats
  • Spring on Rendezvous Lane
  • Christmas at the Marshmallow Cafe
  • Just for Christmas (Seahorse Harbour Book 3)
  • Tasty Treats at Seahorse Bites Café : An uplifting and heartwarming novel about family, friendship and looking for love in all the wrong places. (Seahorse Harbour Book 4)
  • The Spark
  • New Beginnings at the Little House in the Sun
  • Baxter's Christmas Wish
Morton lives with her husband, two sons and Lily, the tiny white dog, in Worcestershire, U.K. She has been reading and writing fiction for as long as she can remember, penning her first attempt at a novel aged fourteen, the plot of which closely resembled an Errol Flynn film. As with many authors, life got in the way of writing for many years until she won a short story competition in 2006 and the ...more

Borteen Secrets (6 books)
  • The Girl on the Beach (Borteen Secrets #1)
  • The Truth Lies Buried (Borteen Secrets #2)
  • Christmas at Borteen Bay (Borteen Secrets #2.5)
  • Sunny Days at the Beach (Borteen Secrets #3)
  • Summer at Lucerne Lodge