Start by marking “Our Road to Damascus: 7 Lessons for a Life of Purpose and Meaning” as Want to Read:
Our Road to Damascus: 7 Lessons for a Life of Purpose and Meaning

Our Road to Damascus: 7 Lessons for a Life of Purpose and Meaning

The world feels overwhelming. So much is happening that everything seems chaotic and confusing. Deep inside we also know things could be different, that life could be better. We feel the need for change.

How do we make sense of it all? How do we move past the discomfort we are feeling and navigate toward meaningful change? What lies ahead in our journey of personal growth?
Published December 12th 2020 by Rivail Publishing Company
Featured Notes & Highlights

To ask other readers questions about Our Road to Damascus, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Our Road to Damascus

Start your review of Our Road to Damascus: 7 Lessons for a Life of Purpose and Meaning
Raju Chacko
Dec 27, 2020 rated it really liked it
Recommends it for: All with sufficient maturity
Recommended to Raju by: Reedsy Discovery
This is a serious book, but you may find it a treasure. You've been chasing pretty rainbows all your life, and without exception, each one has turned to ashes in your hands. You've tried it again and again and now you're fed up with trying; like John Lennon who sang (towards the end of his life) “... All I want is the truth now, Just gimme some truth now.” You know you desperately need true meaning and purpose in life... Then why not undertake the trip to your “Damascus” – maybe, you'll find it ...more
John Connolly
Dec 29, 2020 rated it really liked it
Thought provoking

I received this book as a Goodreads giveaway.

As I read this book I couldn't help but feel like Dr Assisi was working through some things himself and this book was his therapeutic catalyst. Honestly, I find that healthy and intimately vulnerable on his part to share with us, and reminds me of one of my favorite authors, Fr Henri Nouwen.

His insights into this brief but very impacted encounter between Christ and Paul on the road to Damascus stirred deep thoughts within me. My gre
Mackenzie Melo
Mar 10, 2021 rated it it was amazing
Not only a scenic road

We are all journeying. Sometimes we are on a major crossroads be it with someone or with something happening in our lives. Paul's journey to Damascus, as clearly put by Daniel Assisi, is a guide for those moments.

With many insightful analogies with our daily lives, Dr Dan is able to bring Saul/Paul into our routine, when, for example, talks to us about baking a cake and why it is relevant to the moments we need to act in our lives. Or, when he shows us the gratitude we need
Reildo
Jan 25, 2021 rated it it was amazing
A very thought-provoking and inspiring book.
This Quick read based on the apostle Paul's life is beautiful in its simplicity and accessibility. It is written in such a way that virtually anyone can understand it.
The language is appropriate even for those who are not Christian but are seeking some spiritual growth in a practical way.
I highly recommend this book to anyone who perhaps needs a new perspective on how to see and face our daily challenges always learning and growing.
Anna
Kathy
Jasmine
Justin Olson
Dec 03, 2020
Goodreads Librari...: page count needed for Our Road to Damascus 2 11 Dec 29, 2020 10:16AM

• The 7 Gears of Business
  • Crossing the River: Seven Stories That Saved My Life, A Memoir
  • Why Couples Fight: A Step-By-Step Guide to Ending the Frustration, Conflict, and Resentment in Your Relationship
  • Ravish Me with Rubies (The London Jewels Trilogy Book 3)
  • Who Would You Rather Be?: A book about values, morals, and the purpose of living life. (Inner Truth)
  • Facing Life Challenges: The ABCs of One Woman's Journey to Healing Her Heart
  • Rethink: Smashing the Myths of Women in Business
  • Zandra: My Daughter, Diabetes, and Lessons in Love
  • Discovering the Inner Mother
  • The Cipher (Nina Guerrera, #1)
  • Unraveled: A Mother and Son Story of Addiction and Redemption
  • Night Night, Norman
  • Cycle of Lives: 15 People's Stories, 5,000 Miles, and a Journey Through the Emotional Chaos of Cancer
  • Can't Slow Down: How 1984 Became Pop's Blockbuster Year
  • The Bone Witch (The Bone Witch, #1)
  • The Heart Forger (The Bone Witch, #2)
  • One Second After (After, #1)
  • One Year After (After, #2)
Dan Assisi, Ed.D., MPA, PMP is an author and internationally celebrated speaker who has delivered hundreds of talks and conferences on spirituality in over 60 cities in 4 continents.

Known for a mix of deep thinking and witty humor, Dan takes a unique approach to spirituality that is steeped in reason to remind audiences everywhere of our spiritual nature.

Dr. Assisi was featured in the Togetherne