Start by marking “The Hotel” as Want to Read:
The Hotel

The Hotel

Secrets and lies....at Nantucket's most exclusive and glamorous, family-owned hotel.

A new, dramatic family saga series from the Wall Street Journal and USA Today bestseller author of The Nantucket Inn and The Restaurant.

The Whitley was Nantucket's most exclusive hotel. It was a sprawling collection of pristine white cottages and an elegant main building on a long stretch o
Published June 8th 2021

To ask other readers questions about The Hotel, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Hotel

Start your review of The Hotel
Lori
May 23, 2021 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
The author is right about one thing! This book made me hungry and I found myself drooling right from the beginning! Oh my!
I loved " being" on Nantucket once again. I enjoyed my "visit" so much that I didn't want to leave.
I even like the name of the hotel The Whitley Hotel. I had an awesome visit and made new friends as well.
I felt that the author did an excellent job with the mother's progressing disease. Not a whole lot or not too much. It's a terrible thing. Made me want to cry.
I think my fav
Susan
Jun 13, 2021 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Every time I opened my Kindle, an ad for one of Pamela Kelly’s books would be there. I was instantly drawn to her beautiful covers and when I saw the cover for THE HOTEL I knew I had to read it. I’ve now ordered her whole Nantucket series. That’s how much I loved THE HOTEL and this is my very first time reading Ms. Kelley. I can’t wait to read more of her stories!

THE HOTEL is a slow burn contemporary story that I was pulled in to from the very first page. To be honest, I fell in love with the co
Carolyn
Jun 09, 2021 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: kelley-pamela-m
I have loved all the books this author has written and I have read them all. However, I am taking a disappointing star off this one. Really? After we have been watching the building of that very important relationship which was the crux of the whole thing, despite those two lovely side stories, that is how she ended it? Really?
Jypsy
Jun 19, 2021 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Thank you Prism Book Tours and the author for a complimentary copy. I voluntarily reviewed this book. All opinions expressed are my own.

THE HOTEL
By: Pamela Kelley

REVIEW ☆☆☆☆

In Pamela Kelley's THE HOTEL, the setting is Nantucket, and the hotel is The Whitley. For years, The Whitley has been a Nantucket staple, famed for its discretion, luxury and exclusivity. The Whitley maintains the distinction of being a family-owned establishment, but are fractures opening up in the family?

Hotel founder, Wyn
Carrie Schmidt (Reading is My SuperPower)

The Hotel is my first read by Pamela Kelley, and I was immediately drawn to the Nantucket setting & the author’s clear love for it. I’m not a beachy person, per se, but I do love the rockier east coast and could happily vacation there. If I could afford to stay at a luxury hotel like The Whitley, even better.

From the description, I expected a bit more drama to this family saga but it’s overall a fairly light read that manages the drama well. Families who work together are bound to have
Jane
Jun 20, 2021 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: pamela-kelley
I love Pamela Kelley's books as she never disappoints. Nantucket is a great place to visit and The Whitley Hotel is the epitome of quiet elegance. Guests who stay there know that their privacy will not be invaded. It is a family owned and run hotel that makes it so special. Paula has been asked by her grandfather to take over as the general manager of the hotel. David was brought in to aid in the transition for Paula. She was most comfortable behind the scenes but her grandfather felt she had ta ...more
Suzie Waltner
Jun 08, 2021 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
There are several people to keep track of in Pamela Kelley’s The Hotel, but the author does a good job of not losing the reader with the multiple storylines.

I enjoyed visiting the prestigious Whitley Hotel and the beauty and activity of Nantucket through the eyes of the Whitley family. And oh boy, will the descriptions of the food in this book make your mouth water. From the chocolate-covered cranberries to the seafood dishes and everything in between, Kelley delights imaginary tastebuds with he
LAWonder10
Jun 07, 2021 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
The Hotel is a wonderful story with various important precepts to consider. Although somewhat predictable there were many "twists" and fast paced events, it was never boring.

This was an inspirational motivating story of positive self-talk, pushing oneself to do more than one considers possible. It is about loyalty, jealousy, forgiveness, finding ones own purpose, .dysfunctional relationships, being honest with oneself and willing to improve. It's about trust, friendship and love.

The characters a
Katie Jackman
Jun 17, 2021 rated it did not like it
Ooooooooooooo Nooooooooooo

This is not a book for a mature adult.... All about getting a man...... I started skipping about a third through...... Could not imagine the drivel continuing..... 8th grade level.....
Magimcclain
Great read!

I’ve read almost all of Pamela Kelley’s books and look forward to her new releases. Her characters are relatable and well researched. My background is hotel/restaurant management and I’m always pleasantly surprised at how her scenarios ring true. I’ve also made Ina Garten’s brownies multiple times and they are truly outrageous.
Michelle Foresta
Jun 11, 2021 rated it it was amazing
Love, Love 💕

I loved this book so much! I couldn't put it down. It was so nice to catch up with characters from the previous books! Thank you Pamela! I have really enjoyed reading all of your books! 😊
Doni
May 25, 2021 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I absolutely loved this book!
Everything you want in a true
romance. Wonderful characters,
great storyline & the charm of
Nantucket. Meeting new friends,
catching up with old friends.
It's about a family that owns,
The Whitley Hotel. Together
they work hard at making it the
best luxury hotel in Nantucket.
I enjoyed reading it from the
first page to the last.
A beautifully written story.
Highly Recommend!!
Marie
Jun 13, 2021 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Thank you in advance to the author, Pamela Kelley, for providing a complimentary review copy through Prism Book Tours. A positive review was not required or requested, all words are my own.

The Hotel is my first introduction to Pamela Kelley’s work, and it reminded me of a LOT of the MIRA romance books I got some 18-20 years ago. I got a LOT of my Debbie Macomber books through MIRA/Harlequin and this storyline is similar.

Like most of the MIRA books I was able to read (there are several boxes of
Amy
Jun 11, 2021 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
The Hotel was an intimate look at the inside workings of a family run hotel and the comings and goings of some of its more famous people. The Whitley Hotel is run by Grandpa Whitley and his grandchildren. That sounds really good and they really work well together. He knows their strengths and weaknesses and the jobs he puts them in seem to suit. Until they don't and that makes for some interesting family dynamics.

We also get to meet a rich and famous actress who just needs to be alone for awhile
Rachel DeVaughn
Jun 12, 2021 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I loved reading about the ins and outs of this hotel, the management and the specific area of Nantucket.

The chapters alternated between the main characters points of view and what was going on in their life; Paula, Andrea, Bella and Nick. Because the hotel has been in the family for generations there were alot of family and extended family involved and sometimes it was hard to keep track of who was who, but it was still fun to read about the family dynamics.

There seemed to be an extreme amount o
Susan
Jun 11, 2021 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I read all of Pamela Kelley's books based on Nantucket but I sort of have a love/hate relationship with them. The characters in this book are all very likeable (well, maybe not one) but I sure wish that the author would branch out from having all the female characters in all of her books drink only chardonnay and only go to Millie's or the Club Car. Plus someone always makes great "guac." Always.

And for the Californian to come to Nantucket to recover from Lyme? Kind of an odd choice since it is
Amy
Jun 10, 2021 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
After reading The Hotel, I am wondering why I have not read any other books by Pamela M. Kelley before. I thought this was a really good read. I thought the writing style was different and unique. It was refreshing to read. The setting was so beautiful and I enjoyed the details of it. I love the dynamics of the family working together to keep the hotel to keep going. I love how the characters were able to grow throughout the book.

I am giving The Hotel four and a half stars. I recommend it for r
Brenda Spaulding
Jun 20, 2021 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
momof3
Jun 13, 2021 rated it it was amazing
Once again author Pamela Kelley has taken the reader on a fun filled emotional trip to Nantucket. The Hotel is about the luxury hotel on Nantucket called The Whitley and the family that owns it. We meet all the members and extended members of the Whitley family, most of whom work at the hotel.
There’s romance, a little family drama and some amazing food to enjoy while you read. If you’ve read any other of the books in the Nantucket Beach Plum Cove series or The Restaurant books you’ll recognize
Connie Glasgow
Jun 11, 2021 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This was a great summer read - I've always wanted to visit Nantucket - it seems like a beautiful setting - especially in the summer.

I would probably go in the winter since it tends to be very pricey.

This story was filled with family love and owning a upscale hotel. Having worked for a couple of families (in different settings) I know the dynamics can be stressful and change often. This was a wonderful story with new individual's staying at the hotel being involved throughout the story.

Fun read!
Karen Derr
Jun 11, 2021 rated it it was amazing
Fast paced

Wow! This definitely is my favorite of Pamela Kelley's books. I loved this so much! There are so many characters in this book, but you will come to love each of them as I did. I enjoyed seeing each of the characters picking the right person to become a couple with. I truly hope there is a sequel to this book because I want to know what happens in Paula's life and Nicks life and Lucy's life and Andrea's life, LOL!!
Kudos to Pamela for a fantastic book!
Laurie
Jun 16, 2021 rated it liked it
Enjoyed the sense of place and the characters. A light easy read in spite of the proofreading mistakes. I enjoy this authors books for her ability to make you feel like you are in the setting and the character relationships. The dialogue can be a little weak at times,but,I can get past that for the overall feel of her stories. Felt the ending was a bit abrupt. Turned the page looking for more. I suspect there will be another story to follow this one.
Joan Westgate
Jun 20, 2021 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Great job, by author Pamela Kelley, and one of my favorites by her. The story is told about the relationships amongst the employees and owner, the Grandfather, who work in the Whitley Hotel, on Nantucket. It's an easy read for a rainy afternoon, on the beach or for a couple of hours before bedtime. I enjoyed meeting the fictional characters, and the way it ended, I believe there may be a Book 2 to follow. I hope so! By the way, this story made the top ten bestsellers' list of USA Today. ...more
Janie D
Jun 09, 2021 rated it it was amazing
Wonderful!

Hope there will be more in this series too! I have absolutely loved every single one of Pamela Kelley’s books! Looking forward to next book in Plum Cove too! One of my very favorite authors!
Patricia Grogan Bugher
Jun 10, 2021 rated it really liked it
Great setting, good characters and wonderful story

This story takes place on Nantucket which is always such a good place for a story. This is a wonderful, feel-good book with terrific, likeable characters.
Kimberley  O'Dea-Grant Riccio
Was very disappointed in that there were a lot of missing pages to the copy I bought and downloaded. The seem interesting, but might have been better if I got the whole story. It was as if Amazon got a draft copy and sold that.
Vicky
Jun 12, 2021 rated it it was amazing
Oh my goodness

Can't wait till the next book comes out in this series. Loved everything and all the families coming together. So glad to see Paula got her happiness to. Hopefully we won't have to wait to long for next book. I WOULD HIGHLY RECOMMEND THIS BOOK .
Robin H. Salanon
Jun 13, 2021 rated it it was amazing
I really enjoyed this book, as I have enjoyed Pamela M Kelley’s other series. I hope that she follows up on it, as I would like to know more about the characters and their ongoing adventures. It was a fun read.
Dorothy Schaefer
Jun 17, 2021 rated it it was amazing
Excellent Excellent Book

This should be a ten star book I loved it I have read many books of Pamela and they were all great can not wait for the next one to come out I highly recommend this book and all of her other books Dorothy Schaefer
Sharon Duran
Jun 22, 2021 rated it it was amazing
I loved this book! Between the Nantucket series, the Restaurant series and Hotel I can't think of Nantucket without thinking of Pamela Kelley. The story and characters were wonderful. When I finished the book I felt like I was leaving friends. Perfect beach read. ...more
Download PDF/ePub eBook The Hotel by Pamela M. Kelley 1 4 Jun 03, 2021 11:48AM
Pamela M. Kelley is a USA Today and Wall Street Journal bestselling author of women's fiction, family sagas, and suspense. Readers often describe her books as feel-good reads with people you'd want as friends.

She lives in a historic seaside town near Cape Cod and just south of Boston. She has always been an avid reader of women's fiction, romance, mysteries, thrillers and cook books. There's also