Start by marking “Magical New Beginnings (Midlife Witchery, #1)” as Want to Read:
Magical New Beginnings (Midlife Witchery, #1)

Magical New Beginnings

(Midlife Witchery #1)

When life goes sideways, embracing the adventure is the fastest way to set things right.

One day I was just a widow facing the prospect of an empty nest, living a life that was anything but enchanted. The next, I had discovered my magical roots, and my rightful place as the Guardian of the portal between the Faery and Earth.

There was shock. And there was fear. After all, no
Published November 24th 2020 by DWA Concepts, LLC

To ask other readers questions about Magical New Beginnings, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Magical New Beginnings

Start your review of Magical New Beginnings (Midlife Witchery, #1)
Janet Newport
Jan 03, 2021 added it
Shelves: dnf
DNF 35%
Ugh... I just couldn't handle any more complaints about aching knees and hot flashes.
If they'd been edited down by 50%, the book would have been 100 pages shorter. And all of the complaints came from ONE former ICU nurse. Makes no sense to me that a medical professional would not have found some help.... Unless, their new vocation was pissing and moaning...
Debbie Eyre
Dec 30, 2020 rated it it was amazing
“ When life goes sideways, embracing the adventure is the fastest way to set things right!”

This is a great first book in this female over 40 something magical read! With a well written addictive storyline we meet Fiona our widow who is totally shocked to find out she is part fae and in fact a guardian between the fae world and earth! With hot flashes, Ibuprofen, caffeine and magic to assist her in this amazing adventure, I look forward for more!
Stephanie Telles young
Nov 16, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Fiona and crew are awesome! I'm really loving these stories about mid-life adventures and discovering the magical side in their lives! This group Fiona comes to town because her grandmother died and she decides to stay. Her kids go back to America to finish their schooling and Fiona starts the adventure that jumps starts her new life! Even with all the aches n pains of mid life she jumps in with both feet on the ground and running.... she is not afraid to learn more and to jump in and help her n ...more
Melissa Headrick
Dec 01, 2020 rated it liked it
Fiona discovers late into her human life that she isnt human at all but a powerful hybrid and Guardian to a world she had no idea actually existed. With the help of new friends she comes into her powers much like a child learning to read..sometimes you make mistakes and sometimes you get it right perfectly. Unfortunately her presence has attracted danger to the magical area she now lives in and it will take all her friends to keep everyone safe.
The book ends a bit unfinished but not so much a c
Becky Burrier
Nov 24, 2020 rated it really liked it
Brenda Trim certainly has some magic when writing. This series starts with a bang. The stories about mid-life adventures and discovering the magical side in their lives is fantastic. Fiona and Crew live up to their magic.
Fiona comes to town because her grandmother has passed, and she decides to stay. Fiona starts the adventure that jumps starts her new life! Even with all the aches and pains of mid-life she jumps in with both feet.
Fiona’s new friends Camille, Aislinn, Violet and Bas add to the
Amy Sandusky
Nov 29, 2020 rated it really liked it
Fiona is a middle-aged widow and the mother of three grown children. She is also an ICU nurse. She has done for others her whole adult life. When her grandmother leaves her a house in England, she takes a risk and leaves her old life behind. Little does she know what she is getting herself into. She is a witch., and the new Guardian of the Fae portal. All of the fantastic stories her grandmother told her when she was a girl are true.
While at Cottlehill Wilds, she makes new friends and forms a co
Denise
Nov 04, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: sci-fi-fantasy
Great start to a series that is going to be full of magic and hot flashes. Fiona has come to Pymm's Pondside to settle her grandmother's affairs and decided that this is where she belongs. Her children are grown and don't really need her around anymore and her husband died of cancer and she needs a change. It doesn't take her long to figure out that her grandma didn't tell her a few things. Like the fact that she is half fae, that she has strong magic, and that she is a Guardian for a portal to ...more
Penny Hickman
Dec 01, 2020 rated it really liked it
Starting over at 45 can be a good thing. This is my first book reading about a woman finding out she is a witch so late in life, but it was awesome and so well worth reading. Fiona has spent her whole life looking after others, now its her chance to shine. Finding out your a witch and a guardian of the fae portal can be quite interesting and its definitely a new way of life. What else does she have to do? Her husband is gone, her children are grown and out of the house, so why not stay in Englan ...more
Valerie
Dec 19, 2020 rated it did not like it
Shelves: dnf
I'm sorry but there is nothing about the book that I like.

First time to read this author and I didn't finish the book. No sympathy for the character; hated the romantic interest. The chapters didn't flow, they got lost. A few short storylines not fleshed out and that included the characters. An article in a womens magazine has more storyline than this book! All tied together with the woes of getting older.

I love the older heroine books (being one myself!) However it reads like this author looke
Georgia
Dec 01, 2020 rated it it was amazing
I absolutely loved, loved, loved this book. At the first chapter, Brenda T. had me hooked. She does such an outstanding job using words to paint a picture of what is happening, it is almost like watching a movie, while reading it, because you can picture it in your mind. She did such a great job developing the characters of Fiona, Violet, Aislinn, Camille and sexy grumpy Sebastian, that I felt like I knew them personally. This is the first book in a middle-aged widow series with magic, adventure ...more
Ashley Carr, LSoR
Nov 23, 2020 rated it it was amazing
I love starting new series with one of my favorite authors!! Fiona as a middle-age woman with grown kids, a husband that has died of cancer and she has come into town to settle her grandmother‘s affairs. She decides to stay for a fresh start at life. Being in Pymm’s Pondside it doesn’t take Fiona long to realize her grandmother didn’t explain everything to her and she is in fact half Fae and the guardian between the Fae realm and Earth. Between hot flashes and her sexy but aloof neighbor, Sebas ...more
Ari
This story was a bit different. And I loved it for this reason. The main character is almost 40 years old, lived her life, is a widow, and ger children are off to college to start their lives. Fiona takes over her Grandmother's Estate only to find out that she has inherited the role of Guardian. That means, she is in control of who get through from Faery. Only someone doesnt want her to take that role. This book was fast paced, awesome world building, and extremely hot, sizzling romance. Hopeful ...more
Frank Bertino
Dec 22, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Entertaining Read

Fiona is a 45 year old widow whose kids are in college, that just inherited a house in England. She also finds that she is part witch and part fae with a lot of power. Unfortunately she doesn't know how to use it. With the power, comes the job of guardian of a portal to the Fae world. A crash course in magic and guardianship ensues with dangerous and hilarious consequences. Her attraction to a good guy with a sour attitude leads to a slow burn romance. I like the action, humor,
Tammy Northington
Dec 23, 2020 rated it really liked it
I enjoyed getting a story about a woman in her mid 40s. She ends up finding out that she's not human, but half Fae & half witch. She's also the guardian of the portal on her property. She has to have help learning to use her powers to protect the portal. One of those helping her is a a Fae who is her fated mate even tho they fight the attraction to each other.

Great story with wonderful characters & a well-developed world. Couldn't put it down.

I received a free copy of this book via Booksprout an
Biggs_bookcase
Dec 28, 2020 rated it really liked it
Midlife can’t keep you down!

Truly enjoyed this book. Fiona comes to her grandmas house after her death and feels like she belongs. Boy is she in for a whirlwind of surprises. This book includes all the joys of being a mom I the midlife time which since I can relate only helps
Me love this character more. It’s a super cozy fun paranormal read that if filled with witches and fat. It’s a complete story but is left with more adventures to come! Can’t wait to see what happens wither her convent and B
Lynne Davison
Nov 03, 2020 rated it it was amazing
This was a book I did not want to put down. I enjoyed it so much.

I like that Fiona is a middle aged woman, who has lived life, lived and lost, been a mother whose children are now grown and a wife turned widow and is now rediscovering herself.

Fiona moves to England following the death of her grandmother and is now learning about her family and her own past.

Looking forward to book 2.

Brian
Nov 26, 2020 rated it it was amazing
An interesting look at an unusual "mid-life" crisis! As usual, Brenda has spun an enjoyable sage, looking forward to more in the series. All the "troubles" that Fiona gets into are so "normal" but so well integrated into the story, and how she deals with everything going on around her, while dealing with the normal bodily changes as we become more "chronologically challenged" adds just the right touch of humor and sympathy for the heroine. A really fun series and I'm looking for more. ...more
Leanne Bryson
Dec 06, 2020 rated it really liked it
The start of a new PN series about witches, the fae, and who knows what else. When Fiona goes to settle her grandmother's estate, she discovers not only is she settling a financial estate, but she'e half fae, is magical, and is inherited the guardianship of the portal between worlds. Interesting start, well paced,a nd a few surprises. Looks like a winner.

Annalisa
Dec 08, 2020 rated it it was amazing
This brand new series has started off with a bang. It begins with her losing her husband and settling her grandmothers affairs. She finds out she is not human and she is a guardian of a world she thought was make believe. This story is beautifully written and charming. It was very entertaining with magic and fairies and witches. I loved it.

Tristan Burbridge
Nov 04, 2020 rated it really liked it
Brenda Trim sure does know how to start a series with a bang. I enjoyed this book from beginning to end and found myself laughing several times. I am truly loving this new midlife trope. This author surpassed my expectations with this one.

Veronica LaRoche
Nov 05, 2020 rated it really liked it
This was an interesting read and definitely a good start for this series. With Magic and enemies, Fiona has her hands full. With help Fiona needs to stop who is coming after her. I definitely want more of Bas & Fiona. Can’t wait too read what will happen next.

I voluntarily reviewed this Advanced Reader Copy of this book.
Rose Wheelhouse Hazlewood
Nov 26, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Glad I picked this book out!!!

I love the mystery, the monsters, funny moments, a little drama, and quirky romance that won't let me put done a book. This book was definitely one of those books. First time read for this author and I enjoyed it immensely! Time for bed, it's 3am. Can't wait for next book!
Jeanne Richardson
Dec 06, 2020 rated it it was amazing
This is the 2nd book I've read written by Brenda Trim; she has done a great job at writing a good book; I can’t wait to read more of her books.

Keoki Ki`Ili
Dec 09, 2020 rated it really liked it
Starting over

What a way into mid-life, theres no rest for our Fiona. There's lots of mystery, hidden powers, definitely bad guys & a the prospect of a love interest. The book has a little of everything and will keep your interest right to the end. Oh and then we get the teases for the next one.
Karen
Dec 10, 2020 rated it it was amazing
There is life after 40..

Brenda Trim's new series is fantastic. Not often do you find a women in midlife find out she's a witch. The characters are interesting and Trim gives them the needed flair. The back story is great so you know why she was kept in the dark about her magic. The next book will be out in January can't wait!!!
Mandy Williams
Nov 25, 2020 rated it really liked it
I really enjoyed the magical world within a world created by the author. This was a great start of what I hope is a long series. The start is a bit slow, but I promise once the story begins to move it does not stop. I cannot wait to read the next installment.
Cherida
Nov 27, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Loved it

Fiona has just inherited her grandmother 's cottage and it comes with a job also a sexy but grumpy neighbor. Secrets lurk in her family tree and the village has a while other side she never saw before. Great read.
Amy Miller
Dec 02, 2020 rated it really liked it
This story was a wonderful surprise. I thought the storyline was fun and fresh. Filled with excitement and intensity with some really outstanding characters. This was a great story and a great start to a new series. I look forward to reading more!
Katy Wonnacott
Dec 03, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Great Read

Lots to keep track of here but the story pulls the reader in with its unusual heroine. The world created and the magic were fascinating. It was disappointing that the author chose to spread the drama out to two short books. It was an enjoyable read.
Eileen townsend
Dec 05, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Great read. The author really draws the reader into the story. Will definitely read another book by this author. I felt like I was part of the story.

• Midlife Blues (Not Too Late #2)
  • Midlife Magic (Not Too Late #1)
  • Silver Spells: A Paranormal Women's Fiction Novel (Midlife Elementals Book 1)
  • A Ghoulish Midlife (Witching After Forty, #1)
  • Gypsy Magic (Poppy's Potions #1)
  • Hex After Forty (Singing Falls Witches, #1)
  • That Good Hex (Singing Falls Witches, #2)
  • Cashmere Curses: A Paranormal Women's Fiction Novel (Wanda's Witchery Book 1)
  • Fate Actually (Moonstone Cove, #2)
  • Making Midlife Magic (Forty is Fabulous, #1)
  • Midlife Ghost Hunter (Forty Proof, #4)
  • Forty Times as Fabulous: A Paranormal Women's Fiction Mystery (Magical Midlife Mysteries Book 1)
  • Jealousy's a Witch: A Paranormal Women's Fiction Romance Novel (Midlife in Mosswood - Book 2)
  • We Witch You A Merry Christmas: A Paranormal Women's Fiction Romance Novel (Midlife in Mosswood - Book 3)
  • Magical Midlife Invasion (Leveling Up, #3)
  • Sweatpants and Spells (Midlife Magic in Marshmallow, #1)
  • Runaway Fate (Moonstone Cove, #1)
  • Curvy and Cursed? (Enchanted at Forty, #1)
DARK WARRIOR ALLIANCE SERIS
18. Ayil
19. Guild Master
   COMING SOON: Maven - Book 20

DARK WARRIOR ALLIANCE BOX SETS

Midlife Witchery (2 books)
  • Mind Over Magical Matters (Midlife Witchery, #2)

News & Interviews