Start by marking “Bluebirds and Faith” as Want to Read:
Bluebirds and Faith

Bluebirds and Faith

really liked it 4.00  ·  Rating details ·  15 ratings  ·  13 reviews
Bluebirds and Faith is a poetry collection that celebrates God's gift of eternal grace by finding joy, humility, and comfort in our surroundings. Inspired by the death of a beloved father, Grant shares her journey of sorrow and healing in a world that seems so incredibly far away from heaven. Finding mercy in the wings of a bluebird, Grant discovers that the separation ...more
Published October 7th 2020 by Keebie Press

To ask other readers questions about Bluebirds and Faith, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Bluebirds and Faith

really liked it Average rating 4.00  ·

Start your review of Bluebirds and Faith
Bonnie DeMoss
Nov 11, 2020 rated it really liked it
This is a book of beautiful Christian poems by M. Gail Grant that describe God's love, redemption, and protection, often using nature and a simple bluebird to do so.

The author writes of her father's death in several poems as well. She writes of missing him, but also of his incredible faith and joy. The poem A Bluebird's Gift may be my favorite. It speaks of her father's death, his faith, and how the hanging of a simple birdhouse has brought her comfort, joy, and blessed memories.

I recommend th
Nic Carnes
Nov 28, 2020 rated it really liked it
Shelves: arcs
This book was provided to me by the publisher and author in exchange for an honest review.

I love poetry. I love reading poems by people who are passionate about poetry. M Gail Grant isn’t the type of poet to construct vast poetic epics, her poems are straightforward and get right to the point. It was a sweet mixture of small verses and rhyming poems.

You can sense this was an absolute labor of love. I think it’s a beautiful, accessible little book, and she should be proud of what she created. It
Lydia Wallace
Nov 28, 2020 rated it it was amazing
This book will bring you hope, joy and faith. This collection of poetry reminds you that the greatest treasures in life are free. God's grace is all around us and we just need to stop our busy cycle of life and stop and enjoy what God has created. It will change the way you feel about life. ...more
Mrs Julie Gargett
Nov 08, 2020 rated it it was amazing
This was a very moving and uplifting book. A couple of the poems actually made my eyes water I felt so moved by them.
This is going to be a much read and re-read book, a great comfort in these strange times.
Thank you netgalley.
Karen McG
Nov 01, 2020 rated it really liked it
Bluebirds and Faith is a beautiful collection of heartfelt poems that speak to your soul. Each poem shows the author’s emotions and seems to walk you through her healing. “Merciful God” is one of the poems that spoke to my heart about God’s love for us. Another poem “Parenthood” put tears in my eyes as it spoke about the bond of fathers and daughters. A wonderful book for poetry lovers and those who are needing a little comfort in life.
#netgalley
#bluebirdsandfaith
R.R. Noall
Dec 05, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Lorie
Dec 02, 2020 rated it liked it
A lot of nice poems and very comforting to read.
Patricia
While the poems range across topics of faith, the imagery of birds, wings, feathers, and flight also interweave the poems. I think this book is best in print - there's something about poetry that mandates paper and a screen limits the impact. The use of short haikus to present spiritual insights gives the reader opportunity to have a short guide for further inner reflection.

I would have appreciated scriptural references for the poems. This could have been a great way to direct the reader toward
Sadie Pulsifer
Jan 11, 2021 rated it it was ok
I believe this book would be enjoyable for someone who is in need of a spiritual uplifting. I enjoyed the longer form poems, as they seemed to tell whole stories around a central biblical point. Unfortunately I did not enjoy this book as a whole. Much of the short for poems weren't quite enough for me. I really wanted the Bluebird and its relation to God to be a more central focus throughout, but it was rarely mentioned. ...more
Maryann
Jan 27, 2021 rated it liked it
These poems were written by the author mourning the death of her father. That was apparent as I read page after page of faith-filled poems. My own father passed away a decade ago, and many of these poems pulled on my heartstrings...some more than others. I am grateful to M. Gail Grant for putting her feelings into this book.
Susan Csoke
Dec 20, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Lovely Poems inspired by her father who taught her that the most precious treasures in life are free through Gods good grace. Thankyou Goodreads for this free book.
G
Nov 18, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Review coming soon, just won the book and added it to my library
Morgan Rae
Nov 29, 2020 rated it it was ok
Shelves: giveaways-i-won
This collection of poetry was heartfelt and full of emotion. However, it didn’t land for me. Most of it reads like thoughts rather than crafted poems.

There are too many haikus. Some of them are okay, but many of them aren’t honestly boring and surface level. I, however, did enjoy a few poems in this book.

I appreciate being sent for free because I won a giveaway, but sadly I had a hard time getting through it.

To leave this off on a more positive note, the poems had lovely messages. I can tell t
Betty
Dec 29, 2020
M. Grant
Dec 02, 2020 rated it it was amazing  ·  (Review from the author)
SuperheroLover
Muhammad Mahad
Aletha Pagett
Nichole P

• Clap When You Land
  • A Good Girl's Guide to Murder (A Good Girl's Guide to Murder, #1)
  • The Southern Book Club's Guide to Slaying Vampires
  • Surrender: A Memoir of Nature, Nurture, and Love
  • Lola on Fire
  • The Lost Spells
  • Bones of the Moon (Answered Prayers, #1)
  • The Dragonslayer's Apprentice
  • At War with Stars
  • The Lazy Genius Way: Embrace What Matters, Ditch What Doesn't, and Get Stuff Done
  • Basic Bitchen: 100+ Everyday Recipes—from Nacho Average Nachos to Gossip-Worthy Sunday Pancakes—for the Basic Bitch in Your Life
  • Hide This in Your Heart: Memorizing Scripture for Kingdom Impact
  • The Gravity of Us
  • Redeeming Love
  • Hammered (The Iron Druid Chronicles, #3)
  • The Stranger's Child
  • The Simple Faith of Mr. Rogers: Spiritual Insights from the World's Most Beloved Neighbor
  • Identical (Kindle County Legal Thriller #9)
Melinda Gail resides in Canton, Georgia with her three daughters, husband of over twenty years, and two adorable fur babies. Surrounded by the north Georgia mountains, the scenery provides for inspirational settings for her novels. Being raised in the south, she brings a little southern flair and tradition to her characters all the while remembering the adventurous nature of middle grades to young ...more

News & Interviews