Start by marking “Where Hope Comes From: Poems of Resilience, Healing and Light” as Want to Read:
Where Hope Comes From: Poems of Resilience, Healing and Light

Where Hope Comes From: Poems of Resilience, Healing and Light

In Where Hope Comes From: poems for a broken world, Instagram superstar and poet Nikita Gill returns to her roots with her most personal collection yet. Sharing a number of poems that she wrote when the world went into lockdown, this collection will include the phenomenal Love in the Time of Coronavirus which was shared across social media over 20,000 times, as well as her ...more
Published February 18th 2021 by Orion Publishing Co

Start your review of Where Hope Comes From: Poems of Resilience, Healing and Light
Alice Lippart
Feb 11, 2021 rated it really liked it
Shelves: poetry, read-in-2021
*sent by publisher

Really great! Felt especially connected to the parts dealing with living through a pandemic.
Jasmine
Jan 28, 2021 rated it it was amazing
As with all of Nikita Gill’s books, Where Hope Comes From is as poignant as ever. A soulful elegy to a tumultuous year, this book feels like a warm hug to soothe your aches and heal your scars. Gill speaks the words we’re afraid to say, the ones about how constant positivity can be so toxic, about how we need to heal in order to grow, about how no matter how alone we feel in self-isolation, we’re never truly on our own. This was just beautiful, and I cannot wait for the world to experience it.

Th
Basic B's Guide
Mar 31, 2021 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
After one full year of the pandemic and social distancing, these are the kind of comforting words we all need right now. Who knew that during the pandemic I would find a new love for poetry. This is going in my favorites stack. Make sure you check out the authors Instagram account.

Empowering and hopeful, I look forward to reading more from Gill. She’s a bright light. ⭐️
ReadingRoom444
Jun 03, 2021 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
"Love yourself dangerously. In all the places no one else dares to love you."

I once told someone that I loved deeply and with unconditional favor, "I love you", without hesitation, hoping to express what had been bottled up in me for years.

Those were the last words I spoke to them.

This gem reminds me of that love.. free, unexpected, bravely taking its place in the Universe making its way through the strangeness of our current reality.

This collection of poetry does just that !!

Each piece, in t
Viv JM
Feb 23, 2021 rated it really liked it
Poignant pandemic poetry.
Michelle | musingsbymichelle
During the height of the COVID-19 pandemic in 2020, poet Nikita Gill captures, the heartache, loss, hope, and other hosts of emotions that people experienced. In Gill's classic ethereal style, she weaves together a powerful collection of poems and artwork to honor those we have lost due to this pandemic and to acknowledge the pain that isolation brought during lockdown. I think many people will empathize with and find comfort in her words.

*I received an ARC of this book from NetGalley and Hachet
Cynthia
I’ve been a fan of Nikita Gill for quite some time. Fierce Fairytales is one of my favorite poetry collections, but I’ve adored her poetry outside of that specific book as well. I thought Where Hope Comes From might be the book that offered FFT some major competition. Unfortunately, I didn’t connect well with this one.

Gill’s letter to her readers in the beginning of the book is deeply heartfelt, but the poetry throughout didn’t give off the same vibe. I think she wrote about a lot of meaningful
Jesika
Feb 01, 2021 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: arc-s, poetry, favourites
Some words come along and remind you who you are. Show you your own resilience, strength and power. Your own vulnerability, pain and humanity. With this new collection, Nikita Gill once again did this for me. This time, however, I felt her words help me pick up the pieces of myself, help comfort them and start putting them back together.

There will come a time when future generations ask us what living through the current pandemic, the political landscape and the environmental crisis was like. Wi
Bec
May 27, 2021 rated it it was amazing
Beautiful book, an absolute wonder to read. Astoundingly honest and an accurate reflection of what people have been and still experiencing in the pandemic. Beautifully done, with lovely illustrations to match.
Juliano
Feb 19, 2021 rated it it was amazing
“It’s midnight and I’m talking to the fridge again. / It never responds, only listens. // This house is not haunted / by anything except me.” In Where Hope Comes From, Nikita Gill returns with a beautiful reflection on hopefulness and kindness in the face of collective hurt, loss, darkness. Responding to the events of 2020, from the pandemic to Black Lives Matter protests to well-known political implosions, Gill retains a position of patience and resplendence, making that hard active decision to ...more
Mitta
Feb 21, 2021 rated it it was amazing
This book is something I didn’t know I needed till I got it.

I love all of Nikita’s poetry, she is incredibly talented and also just kind. It shines through her writing, time and time again. This book is a little reminder of all the good that can come out of the bad, and I think we would all use that right now. Her ability to reach inside you and put your feelings that you didn’t even acknowledge you were feeling on paper? Genius!!

This poetry collection touches on too familiar themes of loneline
Lillian
Jun 02, 2021 rated it really liked it
In a chilling yet heartwarming way, Nikita Gil writes about the coronavirus pandemic, about life in the extremes and space. Where hope comes from? It comes from love, persistence and time. It is born out of the resources we Never thought we had and of our individual and collective history as a species.
This book was a great read. I sat down on a sunny morning and finished it in a few hours. A lot of pages were marked and I copied a few of my personal favorites into my journal.
The best text in t
Jess (PassportsandPaperbacks)
Everyone should read this. This book is such a beautiful reminder of the good in the world and how resilient we are as human beings.
There are some incredibly powerful messages in here and it’s comforting to see my worries and anxieties from the last year being shared by other people. It definitely makes me feel less alone.
This book is like a reassuring hug and a gentle push to keep going.
The Story Girl
Mar 02, 2021 rated it really liked it

Nikita Gill is one of my favorite poets, and I'm always excited to read another collection by her! This one revolves around poetry that describes what we've all lived through in the past year with the pandemic and lockdown. Some parts were hopeful, but at times, it can be hard to read about the pandemic while we're still living in it.
Mary Louise
Jun 02, 2021 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: second-best
i cannot stand most poetry but i absolutely adored this collection. i read it in one sitting and could physically feel the anxiety and pressures of life during covid evaporate, if only for a little while.
Rhiley Jade
Jun 10, 2021 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Cried a bit while reading this one. The pandemic has devastated so many lives and this collection by Nikita Gill delves into those tragedies and brings them into the light. So very glad that 2020 is over.
Alicia Croft
May 20, 2021 rated it liked it
So I learnt I’m heartless, hopeless and dead inside, but at least I know what hope looks like. It reminds me of who I used to be.

Beautiful poems though, objectively.
Nicola
Feb 22, 2021 rated it really liked it
My annotating pencil had a fantastic run with these beautiful poems! Our shared experiences over this last year means there's no one I wouldn't recommend this to. Fantastic. I'm sure this.will become well thumbed and well loved, with new favourites with each reread. ...more
Bex
Feb 19, 2021 rated it liked it
Shelves: reviews, poetry
Nikita Gill is my most favourite poet. Her approach to poetry feels personal but also strikes a nice balance between being cathartic for her and intended to be for her readers and whatever they need. I think, in truth, I actually really like her human approach and I imagine she would be someone I would love to sit down for tea with.

Where Hope Comes From is a very different collection to her usual work. Typically Gill's poems are lyrical and have deeply emotional implications, resulting in some
Shelby Thompson
Nikita Gill has a talent for taking the magical and meta elements of our natural world and synthesizing them into scenarios and conversations that impact how we see each other as humans. Gill is at her strongest when she is at her most abstract; the "Daily Mantras," were a highlight of this poetry collection, and I even jotted one down to keep at my desk. I wish there had been a little more of cosmic abstraction in this book. I sympathize with a poet wanting to write poetry about the coronavirus ...more
Saimi Korhonen
"This is coming undone in the most brutal ways possible. You are suddenly a void. You feel like an empty planet battling your own core. A war is still a war even if it is inside your head, did you know this? A wound left unhealed is bounded to open again. That's just what being human is."

4,5/5!

Where Hope Comes From is Nikita Gill's new poetry collection, written in 2020 during self-isolation and quarantine, and a global, unprecedented crisis. Through this collection Gill explores emotions and th
Joanne
Feb 28, 2021 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: poetry
With her previous books, Nikita Gill has firmly claimed herself the place of my favourite poet, so when I heard she was releasing another book of poetry, Where Hope Comes From, about living during the coronavirus pandemic, I knew I had to have it. And while I adore Gill's poetry and have been so moved before, I didn't realise just how hard her latest offering would hit.

We're not yet on the otherside of this pandemic, we've not yet made our way through that tunnel, so Where Hope Comes From really
Amanda Rocha
Suffering is universal. This has been the hard truth for everyone during the past year, when COVID-19 pandemic reached its long arm worldwide. “No human has been left untouched by the devastation and the chaos” felt by the Coronavirus pandemic. As someone who was considered high-risk, Nikita Gill wrote where Hope Comes From to cope with her feelings of uncertainty and loneliness during these unprecedented times.

“I want you to know that no matter what you are going through, no matter how big and
Kaitlyn
May 04, 2021 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
The list is endless for all the wonderful things Nikita Gill was able to accomplish with this book. This collection of poems all fit into the realm of contemporary poetry and it was a pleasant surprise, as insta poetry seems to be a popular trend right now. There are some insta poetry style poems in here but they are few and far between, making this predominantly contemporary poetry which I believe works for most poetry enthusiasts.

The poetry collection focuses on life in the time of Covid and
Amy A
Apr 12, 2021 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
4.5

I do not read a lot of poetry, and I've never read any by Nikita Gill before. But I was very intrigued by the idea of Nikita Gill so directly tackling the pandemic - and the challenging year we've all been through - in poem form along with a kind of bigger declaration of how all of us together make up this wonderful, fantastical universe combating the loneliness many of us felt during this extremely trying time.

I cannot even count how many times I would be reading through one of the poems an
Jennifer Li
Feb 07, 2021 rated it it was amazing
𝘼𝙛𝙛𝙞𝙧𝙢𝙖𝙩𝙞𝙤𝙣 𝙛𝙤𝙧 𝙡𝙞𝙫𝙞𝙣𝙜 𝙤𝙣

𝙔𝙤𝙪 𝙖𝙧𝙚 𝙨𝙩𝙞𝙡𝙡 𝙝𝙚𝙧𝙚.
𝘿𝙚𝙨𝙥𝙞𝙩𝙚 𝙬𝙝𝙖𝙩 𝙩𝙞𝙢𝙚 𝙩𝙚𝙡𝙡𝙨 𝙮𝙤𝙪.
𝘿𝙚𝙨𝙥𝙞𝙩𝙚 𝙩𝙝𝙚 𝙡𝙤𝙣𝙚𝙡𝙞𝙣𝙚𝙨𝙨.
𝘿𝙚𝙨𝙥𝙞𝙩𝙚 𝙩𝙝𝙚 𝙙𝙖𝙧𝙠𝙣𝙚𝙨𝙨.
𝘿𝙚𝙨𝙥𝙞𝙩𝙚 𝙩𝙝𝙚 𝙥𝙖𝙞𝙣.
𝘿𝙚𝙨𝙥𝙞𝙩𝙚 𝙩𝙝𝙚 𝙜𝙧𝙞𝙩𝙩𝙚𝙙 𝙩𝙚𝙚𝙩𝙝
𝙖𝙣𝙙 𝙙𝙧𝙤𝙬𝙣𝙞𝙣𝙜 𝙩𝙝𝙤𝙪𝙜𝙝𝙩𝙨.
𝙔𝙤𝙪 𝙖𝙧𝙚 𝙨𝙩𝙞𝙡𝙡 𝙝𝙚𝙧𝙚.
𝘼𝙣𝙙 𝙩𝙝𝙖𝙩 𝙢𝙖𝙩𝙩𝙧𝙧𝙨
𝙢𝙤𝙧𝙚 𝙩𝙝𝙖𝙣 𝙮𝙤𝙪 𝙠𝙣𝙤𝙬.

📖 This is a collection of poems written during this global pandemic. It shines a light on the collective trauma, grief and anxiety we are all experiencing right now. In the midst of darkness, we can show strength, feel hope and look to heal.

’𝙃𝙤𝙥𝙚 𝙞𝙨 𝙖𝙣 𝙖𝙘𝙩𝙞𝙤𝙣𝙖𝙗𝙡𝙚 𝙩𝙝
Jen
Jun 04, 2021 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: poetry, favorites
How do I even breathe? Thank you, Nikita Gill.
Prayer in Lockdown
Some mornings the weight of your sadness will be too heavy for you to get out of bed. Some afternoons will be spent in the arms of sorrow instead of tenacity. Some midnights you will remember every mistake you ever made, try to hold yourself together, and fail. This is shattering. This is coming undone in the most brutal ways possible. You are suddenly a void. You feel like an empty planet battling your own core. A war is still
Victoria
This poetry collection was great. I was initially nervous to read this as the majority of poems are directly linked to the pandemic, and I wasn't sure that I wanted to consume more media related to the pandemic. However, I found the poems to be poignant, relatable and inspiring. I enjoyed the majority of the poems, and appreciated some of the affirmations. I also really loved the illustrations that were placed throughout the collection; they were beautiful and tied nicely to their respective poe ...more
Tee
May 19, 2021 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
For our anniversary this year, my partner bought me several poetry books. When ‘Where Hope Comes From’ arrived, I read it immediately from cover to cover. It's quite the ride starting in what felt to me as a heavier space, in the throes of grief. What follows is an honest exploration of Nikita's grief, the grief she's witnessed, and that which has been shared with her. This journey moves from crashing waves, only to surface slowly into calmer seas under hopeful skies. Even if not every poem spea ...more
Bookclubforme
Feb 25, 2021 rated it liked it
𝘠𝘰𝘶 𝘢𝘳𝘦 𝘴𝘵𝘪𝘭𝘭 𝘩𝘦𝘳𝘦,
𝘋𝘦𝘴𝘱𝘪𝘵𝘦 𝘸𝘩𝘢𝘵 𝘵𝘪𝘮𝘦 𝘵𝘦𝘭𝘭𝘴 𝘺𝘰𝘶.
𝘋𝘦𝘴𝘱𝘪𝘵𝘦 𝘵𝘩𝘦 𝘭𝘰𝘯𝘦𝘭𝘪𝘯𝘦𝘴𝘴.
𝘋𝘦𝘴𝘱𝘪𝘵𝘦 𝘵𝘩𝘦 𝘥𝘢𝘳𝘬𝘯𝘦𝘴𝘴.
𝘋𝘦𝘴𝘱𝘪𝘵𝘦 𝘵𝘩𝘦 𝘱𝘢𝘪𝘯.
𝘋𝘦𝘴𝘱𝘪𝘵𝘦 𝘵𝘩𝘦 𝘨𝘳𝘪𝘵𝘵𝘦𝘥 𝘵𝘦𝘦𝘵𝘩
𝘢𝘯𝘥 𝘥𝘳𝘰𝘸𝘯𝘪𝘯𝘨 𝘵𝘩𝘰𝘶𝘨𝘩𝘵𝘴.
𝘠𝘰𝘶 𝘢𝘳𝘦 𝘴𝘵𝘪𝘭𝘭 𝘩𝘦𝘳𝘦.
𝘈𝘯𝘥 𝘵𝘩𝘢𝘵 𝘮𝘢𝘵𝘵𝘦𝘳𝘴
𝘮𝘰𝘳𝘦 𝘵𝘩𝘢𝘯 𝘺𝘰𝘶 𝘬𝘯𝘰𝘸.

Where Hope Comes From is a collection of poems written by Nikita Gill during the uncertain times many of us world over find ourselves living through. At a time where we are restricted by covid 19 lockdowns, being kept away from friends and family, these poems of hope, resilience and heal
« previous 1 3 4 5 next »

• The Sad Ghost Club
  • Shine your Icy Crown (You Are Your Own Fairy Tale, #2)
  • Please Come Off-Book (Button Poetry)
  • The Bronze Horseman (The Bronze Horseman, #1)
  • La Disparition de Stephanie Mailer
  • King and the Dragonflies
  • Things a Bright Girl Can Do
  • Nickolai of the North
  • The Quite Nice and Fairly Accurate Good Omens Script Book
  • 鬼滅の刃 3 [Kimetsu no Yaiba 3] (Kimetsu no Yaiba, #3)
  • 鬼滅の刃 4 [Kimetsu no Yaiba 4] (Kimetsu no Yaiba, #4)
  • Blue Ticket
See top shelves…
Nikita Gill is a Indian Sikh writer brought up in Gurugram, Haryana in India. In her mid twenties, she immigrated to the South of England and worked as a carer for many years. She enjoys creating paintings, poems, stories, photos, illustrations and other soft, positive things. Her work has appeared in Literary Orphans, Agave Magazine, Gravel Literary Journal, Monkeybicycle, Foliate Oak, MusePiePre ...more