Start by marking “Battle Cry for a Generation: The Fight to Save America's Youth” as Want to Read:
Battle Cry for a Generation: The Fight to Save America's Youth

Battle Cry for a Generation: The Fight to Save America's Youth

3.58  ·  Rating details ·  101 Ratings  ·  18 Reviews
Luce issues a revolutionary wake-up call to the church and home about the cultural battle for America's teens' hearts, minds, and souls.
Published June 1st 2005 by David C Cook

To ask other readers questions about Battle Cry for a Generation, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Battle Cry for a Generation

Ike Unger
Aug 02, 2011 rated it did not like it
Shelves: ministry
This book exposes the american culture well through the eyes of Ron Luce. It's a bit of a scare tactic and one comes to the conclusion that the only way to change this is to fight our politicians and the system. Battle cry was weak and in the end it really says very little.
Amanda
Aug 17, 2013 rated it it was ok
Shelves: christian
While he did have good facts and ideas, although I didn't agree with all of them, my greatest problem with this book is his style. Facts preceeded aggressive assertions of the way to tackle the problem, not as an earnest man with a dream but as one begging and pleading with his readers to do exactly as he said and nothing else, like a captain during a mutiny. He rarely took into account alternative ways to address the situation. Also, his over-emphasis of the idea of saving the morality of today ...more
Mark E
Oct 07, 2008 rated it it was amazing
Recommends it for: Every Christian Pastor, Youth Leader & Parent ! ! !
Ron clearly lays down the issue - we are daily involved in a Battle w/ the Evil of this World. If we do nothing - an entire Generation (the Millennials) will be LOST to the World & Never Know Jesus Christ ! ! !

This has been his Focus w/ "Aquire the Fire" Rallies for the past few Years & teaching Pastors, Youth Leaders & Parents that they need to Actively Raise this Generation in the Ways of Christ !
Taryn
Jan 24, 2009 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: favorites
This book should be read by anyone working with a youth group! Whether a youth pastor, sponsor, whatever....PARENTS should read this to see the truth about what the youth face and why...what we can do to help. This book has stats that will blow your mind! I learned a lot about television programming through this book, I am now very upfront when we have sitters or my kids are at other houses about what they can and can't watch. Excellent Book!!!
Peris
Oct 01, 2013 rated it it was amazing
A must have and a must read for anyone who understands that tomorrow our young ones will be grown, and they will need CHARACTER, they will be required to be men and women of substance to lead lives worthy of account.To quote the author,Ron Luce
'This is not a time for "Business as usual" in our outreach to teens.If we do not act now,in twenty years we will all look back and say "If only we had known.If only we had done something" '
SELAH
Carrie
Aug 07, 2007 rated it really liked it
Recommends it for: anyone that is interested in ministy to teens
this book is great. it points out all the twisted stuff the world/media throws at teens today, and how we can help them manouver through it.
i highly recommend to anyone that has teens in their life.
Matthew
Dec 19, 2012 rated it it was amazing
While it's a little over the top in parts, this is a very passionate, inspiring book for those wanting to minister to the youth culture of today. It's a wake up call to make a difference. Those that gave it a bad review simply don't understand its intended purpose.
Ben B
Mar 07, 2011 rated it really liked it
Shelves: i-own
Luce needs to see through the political posturing of the "Christian Right," but other than that, his message is timely, accurate, prophetic, and cogent.
Amore Duzenski
May 05, 2010 rated it it was amazing
Every parent should read this book, Christian or not. We all have a responsibility to protect our children.
Shiloh
Jul 06, 2009 rated it really liked it
Compelling
Zack
Jul 28, 2011 added it
This book does a good job of reminding us of the bleak condition of our generation. However, if all of us do our part and trust in the Lord, we can turn it around and win a generation to Christ!
Colin De seve
Jan 27, 2013 rated it did not like it
Almost totally irrelevant with out dated facts.
Erica Rios
Jul 26, 2008 rated it really liked it
Recommends it for: everyone especially those that work with youth
This book will open your eyes. It talks about todays youth and what they are up against. It gives alot of statistics that will blow your mind.
BookDigger
Sep 15, 2008 rated it really liked it
I am rereading this to pump me and to remind me of what I as a Christian am fighting for. Inspiring and excellent.
Alyssa
Jan 17, 2016 rated it really liked it
Very good aggressive stance in taking proper moral steps. Take one to read
Ryan Martin
This was a huge motivating factor behind my call to ministry! This book will show you the need for every soldier to be in the front lines--no more on-the-bench Christians!
David
May 05, 2012 rated it really liked it
A great perspective from the christian world view of what our teens face today in our post christian culture. Also gives practicle tools on how to be a good influence & teach them to be influencers.
John Alexander
Feb 12, 2010 rated it it was amazing
Every parent and youth leader must read
Joshua Hansen