Start by marking “Red School (Part 1)” as Want to Read:

Red School

(Red School #1)

Paperback
Published October 27th 2020

To ask other readers questions about Red School, please sign up.
Kendra Unfortunately, I think that if you didn't pre order it, then you can't get it anymore. But there's a chance that it could come back in stock.

Heres the…more

Heres the website where you can order it- https://www.red-school.com

Happy reading!(less)

Start your review of Red School (Part 1)
Layla
Nov 30, 2020 marked it as to-read
I am curious about if the execution of this will work out, but at the same time, a Tedros and Cal crossover is not optimal. The lack of braincells, man-bro energy, and ogre like behavior, would be too much and too frustrating if they ever met. And even then, they both would only posses half a personality combined. I really want to read this, but at the same time, I'm scared to do so? ...more
Christina Psylla
Oct 28, 2020 rated it really liked it
Not much to say. This was really fun and the sketches were amazing 😻
Sabrina

Blurb: Fantasy titans Victoria Aveyard and Soman Chainani team up in a two-part graphic novel event! Featuring your favourite characters from 'Red Queen' and 'The School for Good and Evil' series.

I mainly read this because the digital download is free (go to the Red School website to order) and because I love 'The School for Good and Evil'. Also did I mention it was free? The SGE fandom (from what I could see anyway) seemed conflicted about the art, but personally I loved the artwork, espe

Jiya J Lightwood
Oct 28, 2020 rated it it was amazing
the two worlds collide after years of wait. the Nortans finally meet the evers and never. read on to find out my thoughts on the book and decide if you should pick it up.

so soman chainani and victoria aveyard decided to create a book that is a crossover between their two worlds and needless to say that the result is awesome!

now you may be thinking that to read and understand the context of this book you would need to read two whole series, well you are in luck you don't have to read the whole
Nicci
Jan 03, 2021 rated it really liked it
It was really cool to see Mare Barrow in action again, and the Calore brothers in illustrations 💖

I haven't read The School for Good and Evil, but it wasn't a problem--I still understood the graphic novel. The art was nice, the action intense, and zombies? Yes, this is my avenue.
Eva
Oct 28, 2020 rated it did not like it
God... where do I even start.

The plot makes absolutely no sense whatsoever. How did these two places cross paths? It's absolutely unrealistic and if I was an author I'd be embarrassed to not be able to come up with a more plausible reason for the two worlds to collide. It was an incredibly juvenile plot too. A mist that turns people into zombies? Sounds like a Halloween episode in a Disney show, majorly boring and overplayed. I'm actually shocked at this disgrace of a plot.

The characters witty
eli
Oct 27, 2020 rated it did not like it
Shelves: comics-manga, 2020
what the hell have i just read... this was horrible, i’m so glad i didn’t buy the physical copy lol
lemme just mention this: in the books tedros is between the ages of 12 and 16 depending on the book. in every single one of them, he’s a minor, so i don’t really understand why the authors and the illustrator made the decision to draw him without his shirt in one of the scenes, with a huge bulge in his pants at that. sexualization of minors is not cute.
really debating if i should read the second pa
Raz 2
Oct 16, 2020 rated it it was amazing
I can't wait for this! I absolutely love The School for Good and Evil and Red Queen! ...more
seo eun Lee
Oct 28, 2020 rated it it was ok
I wanted to give one star but for the effort they had taken for this
cross over I gave two stars.
And I honestly, truly, really think they shouldn't have done this.
Because it was the most ridiculous thing that I've seen this year.
End of story.
Me after reading FIVE pages:
Bethany
Nov 20, 2020 rated it really liked it
This is just so much fun! Red School is everything you would want from a School for Good and Evil/Red Queen crossover story. I was laughing at classic moments with favorite characters and if you're a fan of one or both series and are at least familiar with the other one, this is definitely worth a read! I certainly got a kick out of it and look forward to continuing with volume 2.

It's short so I don't want to say much about the plot, but a deadly plague is sweeping the school as our characters
Joyfulbooklover
Oct 27, 2020 rated it it was amazing
5 stars

I've never read red queen but it is now on my TBR.
This comic was so much fun, going back and visiting characters from the school for good and evil.
I totally recommend it.
books ∞ coffee (she/her)
Oct 28, 2020 rated it did not like it
I’ve ordered a free digital copy of RED SCHOOL, VOLUME 1 because why not? It was free and I did enjoy Red Queen series. This graphic novel however… I haven’t read The School for Good and Evil but even if I knew the context better, it wouldn’t have done any help. If anything, I would have been even more disturbed while reading since I came across a review which states that Tedros is a minor yet portrayed half-naked and with a huge bulge in his pants. What the hell? Anyhow, glad it was free and I ...more
Klemibee
Oct 27, 2020 rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
I know it's an unrelated spin-off for fun
But
I hate it
The plot
The art style
Not sticking to characters appearances
Greyish everyone with darker complexion (know part of them are Nortas, but even ones from school were like that)
Six packs (please no)
Expressions
I'm sorry, I just wish we could get sth better instead
Chrissy
Shelves: five-star-books
This was so fun to see some of my favourite characters come to life! The art work was stunning and the characters didn't lose their personally.
I haven't read Red Queen so I am looking forward to finding out more about their world, and of course it was great to be back inThe School for Good and Evil too. Can't wait for the next one!
Samira♥
Oct 27, 2020 rated it liked it
loooved the illustrations in this. the school for good and evil is one of my favourite series, but I only read the first book in the Red Queen series and I... did not like it. This first edition was interesting, but I feel like it was too short!! nothing really happened... but I did really love the interactions between the two worlds and the illustrations were beautiful.
nessietwihard02 Ruth Job
Oct 27, 2020 rated it really liked it
It’s super short 🥺 I admit, I got turned around with the storyline because it didn’t sink in immediately that the it took place in Red Queen’s timeline🤦🏻‍♀️ Love the illustrations, though. And I can’t wait for part 2!😍😍😍
Valeria Chávez
Oct 27, 2020 rated it liked it
Shelves: novela-gráfica
I think it was to short, I wait literally a month for this and I read it in five minutes or less.

The idea is great, but the way they run it isn't the best.

I know this isn't canon, but I have a mess on my head trying to understand the temporal line, I mean, in this book/graphic novel, there are many scenes that confused me in the time when it takes place.

Leaving that aside, the drawings of the book aren't the best, they have many mistakes in the perspectives of the faces of the characters.

And th
Maťa
Well, this was a nice path down the memory lane. I used to be a big fan of both series. But then a life happened, my taste changed, I stopped reading for a while...
What I'm saying is I read only the original School for good and evil trilogy and the first two Red queens books.
I found this combination quite interesting tho, so I was looking forward to this.

It's good.
However this format doesn't really offers much space for any character developement, world building, explaining what happened, how
helena
Nov 02, 2020 rated it it was ok
evangeline.

that's it. that's the review.

oh, you want to know more? it's cringey as hell and the most fanserviced book i have ever read in my entire life. yeah, especially the shirts-off scene.
solana yeon
Oct 27, 2020 rated it it was ok
i admit that they both my favorite authors and their books are more than good. but idk it just the comics or the plot ... i didn't like it at all. sorry. ...more
Reema
Oct 28, 2020 rated it liked it
Actually quite good but wish it was longer.

I've not read Red Queen yet and was still able to follow the story 😊😊
Amy
School for good and evil meets Red Queen... WHAT MORE DO YOU WANT!!! FANTASTIC OMG I AM SOO HAPPY THEY MADE THIS HAPPEN!!! I NEED MORE
Ayesha
Nov 16, 2020 rated it it was ok
I don't have much to say. The storyline didn't make much sense and since it was a crossover I was hoping to learn something about Somans book but unfortunately I didn't; The main focus was on the Red Queen characters.
But this was an easy and light read so I'm not going complain
Cora
Oct 27, 2020 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: read-in-2020
This was such a fun little comic! All my favorite School for Good and Evil characters mixed with some new people... that ending, though. I need Part 2! (Also, now I need to read Red Queen.)
Kate
Oct 29, 2020 rated it liked it
I'm probs gonna change this rating since I find it both mean and impractical to judge this before it's all completely out, and also bc it's only a little collab for fun and it shouldn't be judged like a real book, but undeniably it was... Odd... Yeah... Idk man it's basically just an official crossover fanfic with zombies. Which is fun and all. Yeah. I don't have a lot of thoughts. Glad I could get the free download.
However, having said all this.
I WOULD ABSOLUTELY LOVE TO DELETE "NO ONE DENIES M
Debby
Oct 28, 2020 rated it really liked it
I like it. The story's good.. but I cannot accept the way they drew Maven. He should have blue eyes. 🙄🙄 ...more
Tiffany Spencer
Jan 07, 2021 rated it it was ok
Red-School Part 1
Plot: Months ago, Norton explorers landed on the shores of the Endless Woods, and the world of the School of Good and Evil and the Red School met. There’s a celebration between the alliances of both schools. Tedros and Cal face off in a challenge to determine strength (and who looks better shirtless). Sophie meanwhile tries to get with either (or both) Tedros and Cal. While Hort tries to impress Sophie with his wolf form. At the celebration, a powerful spell is cast that is turn
Alixa
Oct 29, 2020 rated it liked it
Idan Mor
Dec 04, 2020 rated it it was ok
Um... what did I just read? (2.5 stars).
I'm gonna be honest with you, I was a little confused throughout this whole thing.
First of all, the worlds just don't work together at all. The authors just meshed them together hoping they would make sense, but it ended up just feeling they rushed to start with the story.
Speaking of the story, it was alright. The whole "fog turning people evil" was a little cliche but the action scenes were really good and I really liked that part of the art style.
I w
Jackie (readingwordsmith)
Oct 28, 2020 rated it really liked it
This book was such a cute graphic novel. I preordered this graphic novel at the end of September and I was so excited to see that it released today! 😊 I can’t wait to start reading Part 2 of this graphic novel written by Victoria Aveyard and Soman Chainani. I’ve read all of the Red Queen series and the first book in the School for Good and Evil series and really enjoyed those books.

It felt so nice just to see some of my favorite characters from these two worlds, but it doesn’t spoile either seri

• Red School (Part 2)
  • One True King (The School for Good and Evil: The Camelot Years, #3)
  • The Princess Game (Faraway, #3)
  • A World Without Princes (The School for Good and Evil, #2)
  • Quests for Glory (The School for Good and Evil: The Camelot Years, #1)
  • The Last Ever After (The School for Good and Evil, #3)
  • A Crystal of Time (The School for Good and Evil: The Camelot Years, #2)
  • The School for Good and Evil (The School for Good and Evil, #1)
  • We Jace you a Clary Xmas
  • A Thief Among the Trees (An Ember in the Ashes Graphic Novel Prequel, #1)
  • Memento (The Illuminae Files, #0.5)
  • How the King of Elfhame Learned to Hate Stories (The Folk of the Air, #3.5)
  • COVID-128 (The Lunar Chronicles #4.6)
  • The School For Good and Evil: The Ever Never Handbook
  • The Lives of Saints (Grishaverse)
  • Swan Song (Once Upon a Short Story, #6)
  • The Prince and the Troll (Faraway, #1)
  • All the Tides of Fate (All the Stars and Teeth, #2)
I'm an author/screenwriter who likes books and lists. This site is the nexus of my universe.

I wrote the #1 NYT bestselling series RED QUEEN and my next series, REALM BREAKER, will be out in May 2021.

The genres I'm into include YA, Fantasy, Historical, Adventure, Apocalyptic - if people are dying, I'm buying.

Red School (2 books)