Start by marking “Enemies Closer (Ready or Not #4)” as Want to Read:
Enemies Closer (Ready or Not #4)

Enemies Closer

(Ready or Not #4)

They might fall in love—if they don’t kill each other first.

Charlie Hayes is desperate when she goes to win over a new client before her long-time rival can swoop in, and even more so after a snowstorm runs her car off the road and strands her in a small motel. When she’s forced to share the last available room with a sexy stranger, she thinks things might just be looking
Published December 29th 2020 by Totally Bound Publishing

To ask other readers questions about Enemies Closer, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Enemies Closer

Start your review of Enemies Closer (Ready or Not #4)
Anna  M_82
Jan 04, 2021 rated it it was amazing
This was a really well written enemies to lovers romance. The reader understands why Charlie hates Ryder but we fall in love with him anyway. These rivals are trapped in a motel during a snowstorm and end up sharing the last room available. Being stuck together lets them get to know each other in a new capacitor but will it be enough for a HEA? I loved this book and recommend reading it!

Emily Pennington
Dec 28, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: reviewed
Charlie Hayes was determined to win over a new client, the elusive author Skylar Tafferton, before her rival stole him away. So she flew to the mountains in the dead of winter, rented a car, and the client still looked at her as if the sweet young kid he saw was not capable. Now she is rushing to the next potential client, trying to see through the relentless snowfall and unhappy that, once again, she has to work harder to prove herself to her bosses, clients, and everyone else! And because her ...more
Judith
Dec 31, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: finished-reading
Engaging, charming story. This is a steamy, quite charming, enemies to lovers story that will keep you entertained from beginning to end. The author's technical writing skills, use of language and vocabulary, character description, and scene-appropriate, witty dialogue, along with good editing makes this book a pleasure to read. There is plenty of drama around Charlie and Ryder, two lawyers, both competing for the same client pool, stuck in a hotel room for a few days during a snow-storm. After ...more
Tracey
Dec 29, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Charlie and Ryder are rival lawyers who are stranded at the same motel during a snow storm. They don’t know they are rivals, just that they have an instant sexual attraction. Things get hot and heavy pretty quickly. It’s a quick read, about two hours. I enjoyed their wit and banter. I only had one issue with the writing and that was the use of the “c” word in describing the sex. Otherwise this was a good book. Charlie is a strong woman who is trying to prove her worth in a man’s world at work. R ...more
Terri Zumbrook
Dec 25, 2020 rated it really liked it
This enemies to lovers romance was worth reading because I liked how even when Charlie knew Ryder was her rival and “enemy”, she did pretend she wasn’t interested in how they could pass the time while sharing a room in a snowstorm. Her friend Darren told her, “You can hate someone, but as long as everyone’s parts line up, who cares?”

The had great chemistry making the betrayal hurt even more. When Ryder’s layers get peeled away, he is much more than he seemed. You’ll love this couple and you’ll l
KL Cassanello
Dec 29, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Charlie and Ryder are bitter competitors; he seems to win more clients than she does. They're stuck in a snowstorm, and forced to share a hotel room. I really enjoyed this book. Charlie drove me crazy - is she gonna take advantage and sleep with him or not? She can't seem to make up her mind, running hot and cold in her attitude toward him. He's slick, using every advantage he has, and the three most important things in his life are the three W's - work, women, whiskey. Still, I liked him - most ...more
Antonella - Happy Girl
Dec 27, 2020 rated it really liked it
The worst? Falling for your enemy!
by Happy-Girl

I loved this story.
A snowstorm, a chance meeting, unique circumstances: an attractive stranger to share a hotel room... and Charlie, realize that Ryder is the lawyer she’s been competing with for years, the arrogant one who stole a lot of her sought after clients.
Ryder is focused on his career, avoiding any involvement, the only bond a sister he loves dearly. Now he sees Charlie; he admires her integrity and passion, not only in her job but also i
Michele
Dec 29, 2020 rated it really liked it
A rivalry between two lawyers competing for the same clients, this has a lot of angst on Charlie’s part as she is undervalued and not treated as an equal amongst her co-workers. While Ryder is the golden boy who gets the contracts and is given everything he wants on a silver platter or so it seems. I liked these characters as they both take a good long look at themselves and each other, and get a little insight into how they both view one another with some envy, but respect. Enjoyed this quick r ...more
Evy Schiettecatte
Dec 10, 2020 rated it really liked it
This was a heart melting love story.
Charlie and Ryder are both attorneys and each others rival. They are forced to stay in a motel during a snow storm and that’s where the magic begins. I loved how they both had a totally different view of one another, how they misjudged each other and how they slowly fell for each other.

Katie
Dec 29, 2020 rated it really liked it
While Ryder is simply all confidence and hotness. Charlie stole the show for me. Her strength of character drew me in. She was comfortable to understand and accept her desires for Ryder, despite being a rival and still hold true to her morales. But seriously who could deny chemistry like what existed between Ryder and Charlie. Which makes the betrayal hurt so much more. Luckily Ryder proves he is more than meets the eye.

I received a free copy of this book via Booksprout and am voluntarily leavin
Ashley
Dec 29, 2020 rated it it was amazing
I really enjoyed this enemies to lovers story. It was about two lawyers who would fight over winning clients to represent. They were forced to share a hotel room because of a snow storm before knowing exactly who the other was. Once finding out they were rivals they decided to get more intimate even though they knew better. The chemistry between these two was instantaneous and overwhelming. I really liked both the characters and was hooked on the story from the very start.

I received a free copy
Leanne Bryson
Jan 02, 2021 rated it really liked it
I've not read any of the other Ready or Not books by Jayce Carter, but I wish I had. Ryder and Charlie are rival lawyers, fighting for the same clients, sometimes she wins, sometimes he wins. They've never met or seen each other and when they are snowbound in a hotel with only one room left, sparks fly..then daggers. The tension is great, the book super fast paced, and such a steamy read.

Anisha
Jan 25, 2021 rated it liked it
Charlie and Ryder have an enemies to lovers romance. The characters were well developed however I could not connect with them. For a strong woman Charlie could not make up her mind and Ryder was to opportunistic for me.

Kimberly
Dec 26, 2020 rated it really liked it
The story is an enjoyable heart melting love story read that is an enemies to lovers romance. The story has a good story line. The characters are good, and they have good chemistry.

Jessica
Dec 26, 2020 rated it really liked it
Enemies Closer was a typical enemies to lovers romance but I found it easily enjoyable and entertaining.
The author did a great job of weaving together personalities and chemistry between the main characters. and I love a good HEA.
I’d love to read more from Jayce Carter.
Great job!
Helena Mendes
Dec 29, 2020 rated it it was amazing
This is a great enemy to lovers story. Charlie and Ryder are enemies without even having met in person...when they do the chemistry is if the charts and they can't keep away from each other. Thos story is very well written and the way it is written brings a new feel to a well divulged plot. I loved it.

Charlotte
Dec 29, 2020 rated it really liked it
Rival Lawyers - Charlie (FMC) and Ryder are vying for the same client but as chances would have it they end up snowed in at the same hotel. In the last room there making them effectively roommates. Flirtation and attraction all lead to a very steamy lock in for them both. I loved their banter. It was funny on parts. This was a sweet and sexy read and i enjoyed reading it
Elvira
Dec 29, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Ryder Carson and Charlie Hayes are competing for the same client but when they are stranded together will they let their attraction stir them to go for more? I found the characters engaging and well developed with plenty of chemistry throughout the pages.

Andrea Dalling
Dec 26, 2020 rated it really liked it
This is a well-written and funny high-heat novella. There isn't much build-up to the sexual relationship, and the language is coarser than I prefer. That wasn't what I expected based on the description. But if you're looking for a super-steamy short rom com, this book should fit the bill perfectly. ...more
Lori
Good Enemies to Lover Story
I enjoyed this enemies to lovers story. The author coupled winter snow and forced proximity to weave her tale. It made for a lovely, down-to-earth romance.

E.
Oct 14, 2020 rated it really liked it
I enjoyed reading this book. The characters were very interesting. Look forward to reading more books from this author.
Kathryn
Dec 29, 2020 rated it really liked it
Great enemies to lovers and force proximity romance. Charlie and Ryder have palpable chemistry. Well written with heat and humor. Characters are likable right away in this short rom com.
Thi
Dec 30, 2020 rated it really liked it
This was a nice addition to the series. I really enjoyed the banter between Charlie and Ryder. My heart broke when Ryder made the decision that the did but I liked that he made up for it in the end.
melissa
added it
Dec 31, 2020
Rose Elizabeth
Jan 08, 2021

• Billion Dollar Fiancé (Seattle Billionaires Book 4)
  • Sugar Plums in St. Thomas
  • Distracting the Bosshole  (The Bosshole Files, #3)
  • Love Like a Warrior (Tiaras and Treats #3)
  • Boss's Second Chance (Fake Love Rich Boss Series Book 3)
  • Redeemed Love (Irresistible Attraction Series Book 4)
  • The Appointment
  • Happily Ever After
  • Blue Roses (Baker Street Romance, #1)
  • Sebastian (Hazelview Medics Book 5): A Medical Romance
  • Just One Night
  • Hot Jerk
  • One Hundred Mistakes
  • Snow's Spell
  • A Chocolate-Box Valentine (Chocolate-Box #3)
  • Touched by Seduction (Touched, #3)
  • Rumor Has It (Dirty Love #0.5)
  • Dangerous Lies (Lies, #5)
Jayce Carter lives in Southern California with her husband and two spawns. She originally wanted to take over the world but realized that would require wearing pants. This led her to choosing writing, a completely pants-free occupation. She has a fear of heights yet rock climbs for fun and enjoys making up excuses for not going out and socializing.

Ready or Not (4 books)
  • Fake It 'til You Make It (Ready or Not #1)
  • Opposites Attract (Ready or Not #2)
  • Third Time Lucky (Ready or Not, #3)

News & Interviews