Start by marking “Smile of Deceit” as Want to Read:
Smile of Deceit

Smile of Deceit

really liked it 4.00  ·  Rating details ·  5 ratings  ·  4 reviews
When two teenage girls disappear exactly sixteen years apart, police are convinced that the cases must be connected. One suspect was present on both occasions and now he has checked out of his hotel early and cannot be found.

But nothing is straightforward and it becomes clear that police involved in the original investigation have secrets of their own. When the cold case i
Published October 20th 2020 by Clink Street Publishing

To ask other readers questions about Smile of Deceit, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Smile of Deceit

really liked it Average rating 4.00  ·

Start your review of Smile of Deceit
Mahathi Ramya
Oct 21, 2020 rated it really liked it

Smile of Deceit is an investigation thriller. Two teenage girls disappear suddenly within 16 years apart and one person is present in both the places raising the suspicion if he is responsible for their disappearance.

What I liked about the book?

The storyline is unique. 2 disappearances with one person present in both places. I loved the characterization and narrative too. Characters have many layers and it is interesting to read about their thoughts and their secrets revealing gradually as the s
Jasmine
Oct 24, 2020 rated it really liked it
Smile of Deceit is a taut thriller that will keep readers on the edge of their seat.
It did take me a little while to get into the book, but once it gets going, it's pretty intense. There are secrets abound within the pages, and trying to figure out who to trust isn't easy.
The characters are well-written and engaging, and the settings are vivid and make you feel like you're really in the mountains or at the ski lodge.
I enjoyed the story overall, although it was a tad slow in spots.
If you're l
Nicola Parkinson
Oct 29, 2020 rated it really liked it
A missing girl,

A cold case reopened,

And a man that was at both locations!

The start to a whirlwind story that has you guessing at every twist and turn of the page.

The location and settings in this book were fab, I’ve never been to the French Alps but the author made it easy to picture, you could almost feel the cold!

I was suspicious of a few characters straight away, they hid their secrets well but I had their cards marked.

A well thought out and presented story, my only not pick was some sections
Jessica | Stuck In The Book
Oct 20, 2020 rated it really liked it
You know me, I love a good thriller and this one didn’t disappoint. What I loved most about this book was the setting. From the mountains of the French Alps to a ski lodge just north of Lake Bled, Newman does a fantastic job of making us feel right there, in the middle of all the drama.
OrchardBookClub
Oct 29, 2020
Zoe
marked it as to-read
Nov 19, 2020

• Nomit And Pickle Go Shopping
  • Her Final Confession (Detective Josie Quinn #4)
  • The Faelti (The Aronia Series)
  • Lost Lives
  • Miss Marley: The Untold Story of Jacob Marley’s Sister
  • Death on the River (Tara Thorpe Mystery #2)
  • Dear Mr Pop Star
  • How We Remember
  • Lies Between Us
  • Ravens Gathering
  • Fishnet
  • Implant (DI Gardener #3)
  • Bone Deep
  • Murder on the Marshes (Tara Thorpe Mystery, #1)
  • The Truth Waits
  • Snowflakes at Lavender Bay (Lavender Bay #3)
  • The Little Christmas Teashop of Second Chances (Castle Cove #2)
  • One Winter's Day: A feel good winter romance