Start by marking “I See The Light (Elves After Dark, #5)” as Want to Read:
I See The Light (Elves After Dark, #5)

I See The Light

(Elves After Dark #5)

Heath had always been a misfit – a weirdo who went all over town in a tank top and shorts even on a coldest day; who claimed his dog could talk to him; who saw this blinding light every Christmas Eve coming from the woods behind his house that no one else saw.

Even his mother made all sorts of excuses to stay far away from him. If it had not been for his grandma - who did l
Kindle Edition
Published November 20th 2020 by K.S.L. Publishing

To ask other readers questions about I See The Light, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about I See The Light

Start your review of I See The Light (Elves After Dark, #5)
Scooby2
Nov 25, 2020 rated it really liked it
“I See the Light” was a sweet magical Christmas story. I absolutely fell in love with Heath and his furry sidekick Leo. Heath has been through so much but he never let it get him down and he soon finds Shea, and discovers why he’s different. I thought “I See the Light” was well written and the characters well written, I felt like I was there with Heath, Leo and Shea discovering the magic of Christmas. If you’re looking for a sweet novella to get you in the mood for Christmas, then give this one ...more
True Loveislovereview
The people have no eyes for the fact how special little Heath is. His mother abandoned him and he grew up with his grandma near the woods. Being the village weirdo and no friends.
After his grandma died his only friend is his dog, Leo. From when he was a child he saw a bright light in the woods the night before Christmas. No one else who ever saw it.
One year he decides to go to the light, he has to know where it comes from.
There he meets Shea, a cute elf and it seems they have similarities.
In the
Melanie Titus
Nov 18, 2020 rated it it was amazing
I love, love, loved this story!! We got to enjoy seeing Heath from childhood to adulthood and though there was some strife and angst, as there always is in a good "human-growth" story, it has a great ending!! That is all the spoilers you will get from me, I do not like to give them, I love to let you find out for yourself!! :D :D This book had me hooked from beginning to end and all I paused for was a nap and eating. I hope you enjoy this Christmas heartwarmer as much as I did! Arden has won me ...more
Valerie
Nov 13, 2020 rated it it was amazing
This is a wonderful Christmas story about a man who's been on the outside his entire life. His grandmother loved him for who he is, but everyone else, including his mother, doesn't understand him. But Heath is the sweetest character, but when he goes to investigate lights he's seen for years with his trusty dog, he discovers an entire new world. Shea is supportive, loving, and the perfect partner for Heath. This is a sweet read!
Jacquie Stewart
Nov 09, 2020 rated it really liked it
Poor Heath. Still grieving for his grandmother, he finds the courage to investigate the light he sees every year at Christmas and finds the truth of himself.
The situation that Shea takes him to witness was really sad and I enjoyed the way it turned out.
It's a really sweet novella, though I would have maybe liked a little more to explain if eventually things worked out for the little boy, and if a half-elf and elf could be together, but this ending let's me imagine what I want.
Patricia Nelson
Nov 09, 2020 rated it it was amazing
I absolutely LOVED this sweet, charming, poignant, grab-you-by-the-feels, delightful, tender, a little bit sad, hilarious, engaging, endearing, tug-at-your-heartstrings, unconventional, unexpected, and totally awesome Christmas story. Heath and Shea were so perfect for each other, and Leo was a real riot. I must admit to wanting to rattle the teeth of a certain character. I would recommend getting this marvelous gem ASAP!
Mia Kerick
Nov 24, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Last night I needed a distraction—you know how 2020 has been. Usually I gravitate toward pure angst in books, but I was in the mood for something different. Something lighter, something hopeful. On Facebook, I’d noticed that Arden O’Keefe’s contribution to Elves After Dark series, I See the Light, had received many positive reviews, so I picked up my Kindle and a few seconds later it was mine.

What a sweet surprise from a new-to-me author! Right off the bat I knew that O’Keefe is a consummate sto
Shweta
A heartwarming novella that celebrates the spirit of Christmas, love, sacrifice and what it means to be human.

The story follows Heath, a lost but brave soul who's always tried to fit in, to not be considered different, make his grandma proud whilst doing his best to ignore the call of light in the deep woods that has been beckoning his soul since the very beginning.
When he does give into the call, he discovers a world beyond his own, the consequences of choices we make and a love of his own.

Th
Angela Seubert
Nov 25, 2020 rated it it was amazing
This story was such a heartwarming holiday story that features a twist on Santa and his elves. It was wonderfully written and the storyline was so engaging and really kept me interested throughout the whole book. I loved getting to know this world and the characters in it and I would love to see more from this world in the future.

This book features Heath, who didn't have the greatest time growing up. He was considered the town weirdo his whole life, his father and mother both abandoned him and
Ravenclaw Silverstripe
This was a cute read. It was quite original in its writing and so too within its overall plot. It definitely considers another side to whole Christmas Elves aspect; I don’t think that’s something I ever thought to read before.

It did take me a bit to understand the dialogue shifts between Heath and the animals, but the idea of being able to communicate with animals is intriguing to me. Almost like Heath was the elf (eh part elf) version of Dr. Dolittle.

The guardian factor of the elves in this w
RACHEL REED
Nov 12, 2020 rated it it was amazing
This was the sweetest holiday romance with heart and all the feels.

Heath is an oddball and a bit different from normal people, he can talk to his dog Leo and the cold doesn't affect him like it does normal people.
Only is grandma loves him despite his oddities.
One fateful night he goes to explore the enchanting light that keeps drawing him towards it.
There he discovers he is in fact half elf. He also crosses paths with a cute elf, Shea who shows him what elf magic is about.
When the night is over,
Lisa
Nov 22, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: favorites
I See the Light is Book 5 in the Elves After Dark series and Arden O'Keefe is a new published author who writes really sweet books :) Each book can be read as a stand-alone and these are some amazing authors! I really enjoyed reading about Heath, Shea, and Leo in this heartwarmingly sweet book.

Heath is 5-years-old when he first sees the light but nobody else can see it. He lives with his cold mother who wishes he had never been born and his loving grandmother. He meets Shea, who is an elf, one d
Cee Brown
Nov 08, 2020 rated it really liked it
*´¨✫)
¸.•´¸.•*´¨)✯ ¸.•*¨)
✮ (¸.•´✶...all that was left behind was undeniable attraction.

Heath lived a very solitary life. Even as a child you could sense the loneliness in him despite his grandmas love. Who was Heath, and what was the mystery that surrounded him? What about the light, and why was he so drawn to it? And how was it possible for Heath to understand and speak to the animals? Also, who was the man in the pointy hat?

So many questions, and so many answers to explore.

First off, what a j
Siobhan Flynn
Nov 18, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Reading this book gave me a real sense of the magic of Christmas, the whole story just embodied everything that Christmas stands for. Heath only had his grandma to take care of him after his mother callously left him due to his specialness. Shea is an elf who watched over him and tried to help in his own way but was restricted in what he could do. Heath being a half elf is shown the joy and wonders of the most magical time of year and has to make a decision and pick a side to stand on, with a bu ...more
Sarah Sargent
Nov 20, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Curiosity is what drew me to this book. Being the first title that I have picked up from Arden. Sometimes we all feel like we don’t belong in this world. Heath knows that the best from being tormented all his life that he was different. He also possesses something different he can communicate with animals. He doesn’t share that side with anyone. He knows there is a light on Christmas Eve that he is always drawn to, even at a young age. But what happens when he follows his gut and follows that li ...more
Mari  Cardenas
Nov 23, 2020 rated it really liked it
Shelves: fantasy, sweet, 4-25-stars
4.25 Stars

Heath is still grieving the loss of his beloved Gramma—the one person who'd always supported him—when he decides to follow the light he'd been seeing ever since he was a little boy. What he finds there is beyond anything he could have imagined and now he needs to make a decision, stay with his newfound friend Shea in this new world or go back to his normal life where he's never really fit in?

This was such a sweet, lovely read. I really liked Heath and Shea. I could feel the connection
Amy
Nov 21, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Magic of Christmas

Heath knew he had never truly fit in with the rest of the folks in his town but he never knew why. Imagine his surprise when he decides to find the light in the woods that appears every year on the night before Christmas. What he finds is elves and magic. He also has to make a choice. This was a cute little Christmas story. Heath challenges the rules the elves expect him to follow and questions what is really right or wrong. Does someone really have to choose? Shea is an elf t
Barbara
Nov 25, 2020 rated it it was amazing
This was an excellent story with a totally different spin on Santa and his elves. A white light in the forest and a Heath, a sad and unusual boy leads into a story that is different and a little dark. Sadness permeates the story as Heath's father abandons him and his mother and then his mother leaves him. He is just too weird for her and she leaves him to his grandma when he is five. This story is emotionally heavy for a Christmas read, but we all know that life is not always light and this auth ...more
Judy Holle
Nov 08, 2020 rated it it was amazing
This book had all the feels for me. Tears, laughter (Leo) love and a happy ending. Heath was such an easy to love character. From the 5 year old to the young man cutting out snowflakes that didn't work I was totally invested in his story. This is a great holiday story and one I will read again and again. Shea was perfect for Heath. Gentle, kind, and loving. Trying so hard to obey the rules. I could totally relate to how hard he tried. This was another great Arden O'Keefe story . Gotta say I love ...more
Christie Marsh
Nov 10, 2020 rated it it was amazing
This was my first Arden O’Keefe read and I fell in love instantly with Heath, he was a very curious boy and seeking something he didn’t understand or know! Being raised by his grandmother who protected him at every turn, made him out to be a caring young man! His biggest wonder was always the light in the forest! He had a funny dog named Leo and after his grandmother passed they went to explore those lights in the forest! Once he meets Shea his whole life changes! I fell in love with these two! ...more
Lex Buchanan
Nov 20, 2020 rated it it was amazing
I had the pleasure of being personally given a copy of I See The Light by Arden O'Keefe!

~•~

This story was really one of a kind. I was surprised by the plot and ending, in the very best way! It was not what I expected and I truly enjoyed every interesting detail.

I loved Heath, the main character of the story. He was interesting and unique. He was so so good. He was loved and cherished and truly an amazing person. I would love to know him in real life.

The story kept me interested and I enjoyed i
Ali
Nov 22, 2020 rated it liked it
Shelves: reviewed
Heath is just the change the elves need, though they don't know it. I hated seeing Heath feel like an outcast and then when he finds the elves he is even an outcast to them too. Heath is so caring and thoughtful, he fought for what he felt was right no matter what the "rules" said. I didn't get much of a chance to know Shea but I did understand that joining the elves was a much better situation for him and why is scared to go against what he was told. In the end it looks like Santa is going to m ...more
Faye K
Nov 25, 2020 rated it really liked it
4.5 stars. An elf adventure story with romance.
A sad begining for a 5 year old special boy seeing his mum walk away. Years being cared for his Gran he grows with having an infinity for aminals as well more than that. He meets Shae and the story progresses. Includes elfs, magic, good blessings and the not so good mixed with adventure. Life throws some twists in for Health or maybe just Fate. A really great story written well to enjoy with a HEA ending.
Health 20 as a vets assistant and Christmas
Heather
Nov 22, 2020 rated it really liked it
Shelves: green, kindle
Arden is a new-to-me author and this sweet novella didn't disappoint! Heath has had a life of never quite fitting in - not with his family, not with his friends and not with his community. It's not until Christmas when Heath meets Shea that he finds out where he just may fit in is the most unexpected place of all. Full of the magic of Christmas, I See the Light is a delightful story of two people finding each other and the strength of their magic.
tammy rufo
Nov 25, 2020 rated it it was amazing
this story is so cute. Heath hasn't had the easiest live, but it hasn't been horrible either. he didn't know his dad and his mom took off when he was little. he did have a wonderful grandma and sweet little dog. Heath is different than most kids, and it's made it a little harder for him.

i don't want to give too much away, but Heath and Shea have the start to something special. i would def recommend this adorable Christmas story.
Virginia Lee
Nov 29, 2020 rated it it was amazing
This was beautiful written with a wild twist of Christmas theme book. Heath has always wonder why some time saw a light but no one else. Leo has always keep Heath company, but finally he has to search for the mystery light. Things are not always what they seem. and heath will not following things because someone says so. He stands up to the elders and big boss agree to change. this is a must read this holiday season #BRVL Rates this book at 5 Stars 💥💥💥💥💥
Kay
Nov 29, 2020 rated it really liked it
Some times you need a holiday story with less of the trappings and more of the feelings of the season. This was my first read of a story by Arden O'Keefe and it was a fun read. I See the Light is a sweet story with a great ending. Plus there was some great humor added in with Leo the Dog. It's definitely a YA novel not a YA leaning into NA but that's not at all a negative. I loved the way the culture of the elves were handled differently than your average story featuring Christmas elves. Worth a ...more
Lyndsay TC
Nov 16, 2020 rated it really liked it
A sweet Christmas romance between half-elf/half-human Heath and his elf guardian Shea. You get a cute talking dog, a loving Gramma, and a whole village of elves excited for Christmas and Heath. While the premise seems light and fluffy, don't let it fool you as there was much insight and thought put in this novella about loss, life, and love. Light on the steamy, but huge in the love!
Lisa Klein
Nov 17, 2020 rated it really liked it
This is a a charming fantasy novella by a fairly new author who writes the sweetest characters. I love how Heath had a heart of gold and always wanted to do the right thing despite never being accepted. This shows the true spirit of Christmas.

I received an advanced copy and voluntarily gave my honest review.
Aimee
Nov 18, 2020 rated it liked it
While I adored this sweet story of Heath finally finding out why he didn’t fit in his whole life and how he was half elf, I felt there were still a LOT of questions still left unanswered. The story has a sweet HFN ending as I see it because the question remains of whether or not Heath and Shea can really be together since elves and humans can’t be together, so would Shea go back to being human or give up Heath??

• Snow Twink
  • Hair and Heart
  • Strawberry Kisses
  • Liars (Licking Thicket, #2)
  • First (99 Daddies, #1)
  • Midnight Ash
  • Expensive
  • Saxon's Savior (Protect and Serve, #3)
  • Cowboys Don't Come Out (Cowboys Don't, #1)
  • Bad Habits (Wages of Sin #1)
  • Fake the Date (#Love Wins)
  • The Last One to Let You Down
  • Taking His Confession (Cloth & Stone, #1)
  • Tempt Me (Tattoos and Temptation, #5)
  • Always Together (The Boys of Talbert Hall, #2)
  • Finding Timmy (Nervous Nate)
  • NautiCal (Forever Wilde, #8)
  • Sea Kissed

Elves After Dark (8 books)
  • Gingerbread Spiced Daddy
  • Secret Little Elf (Elves After Dark #2)
  • Frosted Berries (Elves After Dark, #3)
  • Music of my Heart (Elves After Dark, #4)
  • My Elf Mate (Elves After Dark #6)
  • My Jingle Bell Heart (Elves After Dark #7)
  • The Sugarplum Fairy (Elves After Dark #8)

News & Interviews