Start by marking “Book of Snark: Wit & Wisdom for the Angry Professional Woman on the Bus” as Want to Read:
Book of Snark: Wit & Wisdom for the Angry Professional Woman on the Bus

Book of Snark: Wit & Wisdom for the Angry Professional Woman on the Bus

Book of Snark is a parody of motivational self-help books, a collection of pointed anti-affirmation feminist satire, quips that describe the day to day life of an unimpressed, middle aged female professional, who does not suffer fools.

Available in eBook and paperback formats on Amazon.com
Published October 10th 2020 by Independently Published

To ask other readers questions about Book of Snark, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Book of Snark

Start your review of Book of Snark: Wit & Wisdom for the Angry Professional Woman on the Bus
Amie's Book Reviews
Dec 29, 2020 rated it really liked it
Shelves: 2020-books, humor, indie
BOOK OF SNARK: Wit and Wisdom for the Angry Professional Woman on the Bus will appeal to anyone and everyone who like British Humor.

The author's observations will hit home with anyone who has ever had to take public transportation.

I rate this book as 4 OUT OF 5 STARS ⭐⭐⭐⭐
Jen-Jen Haehnel
Oct 16, 2020 rated it it was amazing
The Book of Snark is a fun, quick read. Set up like one of those smarmy inspirational quotational books full of fluff, 'Snark' is a refreshing change.
Mounts captures those little self realizations, observations and those snarky comments we all feel but rarely get to express in the moment.
It's a funny and refreshing read. Perfect to keep in your bag for those public commutes when you'd really like to snark at the frustrations of daily life.
I'm looking forward to more of these! I hope...
Nichole
Oct 16, 2021 rated it really liked it
Some really great quotes will come out of this. It was snarky, it was a book, it will not be everyone's cup of tea but it worked for me. ...more
Katja
Jan 03, 2021 rated it liked it
Shelves: random-freebie
This collection of oneliners, snarky observations and random shower thoughts is a very quick read. Some of the thoughts are funnier than others, some convey quite serious ideas, some are a product of acute annoyance, some are old clichés. It is loosely organised according to topics, including work, public transport, chores, social media, relationships, writing, and other frustrations.

I could relate to many of these sentiments but I read this from cover to cover in one sitting and I think it pro
Deepak
Dec 03, 2020 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
A book that I would carry to a dentist appointment or to read at the bus stop or in the security hold area while waiting for a flight. It has the abiiity to distract your from the rigours of waiting and keep you chuckling at how the world behaves.
It is a collection of thoughts that you might have surely thought but not penned hence it is more of an affirmation of the strange plastic world we live in and she has managed to put these thoughts forward with a great sense of humour.
It is a great boo
Nina
Mar 14, 2021 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
I appreciate wit or the lowest form of wit, snark. So a whole book of Snark, yes please!

As I read it, this was just a book of snarky musings, one-liners or zingers. Some of them were funny, but some of them needed context to understand where the musing came from. You can’t just have a book of punchlines without the set up of the joke.

I feel like this is written by a older woman who writes her musings in a notebook, then filled the entire notebook, then organized it by categories and went, huh...
Laurie
Nov 05, 2020 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Tension Mounts put together a wonderfully charming book that I felt validated many of my thoughts.

I read this while my toddler was sleeping right next to me, and I am so glad my outbursts of random laughter did not wake her up!

If you want to laugh and feel like you are sitting next to your wise but ornery Great Aunt Molly, this is the book for you!

“ Robotic vacuum cleaners seem like a good idea until the dog has diarrhea.”

“ I ask you to consider the many people who have the wrong impression of y
Janalyn Prude
Dec 30, 2020 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: done-non-fiction
This book has opened up my eyes to a whole new kind of book. They have so many books on snark. I am obsessed. I would love for this writer to be my workmate in any situation. This book is funny and at times as practical advice that some might think it’s easy to follow but either way it is very entertaining and I highly recommend it. I was given this book by book sirens and I am leaving this review totally voluntarily.
Basil
Nov 30, 2020 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
You know, the snarkiness made me laugh out loud partly because it's relatable and partly because I know I'll be on the receiving end of that sass. But it's not all humor and sass, though. There are quite some points that you could really ponder about.

Many thanks to BookSirens and Tension Mounts for providing this free ARC in exchange for an unbiased review.
Book of Snark is not your average book of encouragement. It is instead full of snarky mantras and one liners for a variety if topics, including work, relationships, and even writing. As a whole, I really wanted to like this book a lot more than I did. As someone who appreciates a fair amount of snark, I enjoyed the premise of this book and found myself chuckling at a handful of the topics. But after awhile, it started to lose a bit of its appeal. I think this book would work well as an alternati ...more
Anna

• The World Encyclopedia Of Serial Killers: Volume Three M-S
  • Doodle It All
  • Sweet Water
  • Leadership Lessons From Mom
  • Mango and Peppercorns: A Memoir of Food, an Unlikely Family, and the American Dream
  • Karolina Dalca, Dark Eyes
  • Mail Order Melanie (Widows, Brides, and Secret Babies #28)
  • Sex, Murder & Killer Cupcakes (Marian Moyer #1)
  • All the Good Girls (Harry Hunter Mystery, #1)
  • The Earl and The Heir (House of Hale #3)
  • Atheist Evolution: Bradbury's Giraffe, Popcorn Girls and the Coyote Who Crossed the Golden Gate Bridge
  • Adoption Stories: Excerpts from Adoption Books for Adults
  • Glorious Christmas (The Serve, #7)
  • The Perfect Daughter
  • A Familiar Sight (Dr. Gretchen White, #1)
  • Making Hearts
  • Betrayal of Justice (Zachary Blake Betrayal, #2)
  • The Mustachioed Woman of Shanghai
C.M.Mounts writes, travels, and cycles as much as a working schlub like her can manage. She leads the double life of IT professional by day and an aspiring author by night. A blogger by default, she also writes works of fiction, non-fiction, and poetry. She’s been told she is a funny gal with a big personality- to which her only response is, “Meh.”