Start by marking “Liars (Licking Thicket, #2)” as Want to Read:
Liars (Licking Thicket, #2)

Liars

(Licking Thicket #2)

Parrish Partridge’s True Facts:

There’s nothing hotter than a tall, gruff, bewildered, tattooed mountain of a man cuddling a sweet, orphaned baby, so you can tell yourself that you’ll resist him...

But that’s a lie.

And when that man asks you to do him a favor and pretend to be his very temporary, very fake fiance to help him get custody of that adorable baby, you can preten
Kindle Edition, 1st edition, 307 pages
Published October 27th 2020

To ask other readers questions about Liars, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Liars

Start your review of Liars (Licking Thicket, #2)
Carol [Goodreads Addict]
Oct 22, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: m-m
Liars is book two in the Licking Thicket series by Lucy Lennox and May Archer. I fell madly in love with the first book in this series, Fakers, and have been waiting on the edge of my seat for more. And here it is!

We first met Diesel Church in book one. We know he owns the salvage yard in Licking Thicket. We know he’s very quiet and private. Diesel came to Licking Thicket as an angry teenager and was taken in by two foster mothers. He’s been there ever since but never quite felt like he belonged
☆ Todd
Nov 22, 2020 rated it really liked it

I started reading this 2nd story in the "Licking Thicket" series immediately upon finishing (and adoring) the first book.

Right from the start, I loved both Parrish and Diesel, which was a good sign for this story also getting that Goodreads 5-star rating.

[Diesel]

This book contained a whole lot of the magic that I found present in book 1, as the guys secretly pined after one another, while not feeling worthy.

[Parrish]

This continued riiiiiiiiight up until the meeting with the Big Fancy Lawyers, a
Cadiva
Oct 20, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: favorites
I want to live in Licking Thicket so bad. This series from Lucy Lennox and May Archer is just joy in book form.

There's something about small towns, and I live in one so I know that feeling, that brings a unique sense of warmth and comfort.

Things aren't quite as madcap crazy as they were in book one, but there's still that wonderful humour and connection between all the town regulars that ties it firmly into this series.

Diesel and Parrish might have started off as a fake relationship, but it did
~✡~Dαni(ela) ♥ ♂♂ love & semi-colons~✡~
~4.5~

I read Liars in one sitting (a rarity for me these days) and enjoyed it immensely. Any book that can make me not only laugh out loud but feel all warm & gooey inside is a book worth reading.

Both Diesel and Parrish are so dang lovable. Diesel is all burly and tatted up, but he is a walking teddy bear who loves his chickens, grows his own veggies, and wants to take care of his 9-month-old niece Marigold (left in his care after his sister passes away).

Diesel hasn't had an easy life, what wit
Ariana
Nov 14, 2020 rated it it was ok
Shelves: not-for-me, ku, lgbtq
2,5 stars

I really had fun with book 1, but unfortunately book 2 left me scratching my head.
While I quite enjoyed floundering, flustering Parrish and Diesel’s big brooding prescence, there is too much that put me off:

.) Serious sweetness alert – there is a lot of sugar going round, and not only to describe the MCs or wee Marigold.

.) OTT mutual appreciation alert: Parrish and Diesel are certainly not holding back to tell each other how they are the ‘most amazing, most wonderful, kindest, sweetest’
Debra
I enjoyed this one much more than the first. Parrish and Diesel are really sweet together and they have great chemistry and heat. I had a smile on my face for much of the story and will be looking forward to the next one.
*J* Too Many Books Too Little Time
3.5 Stars!

Not sure why but it took me forever to finish this one. Didn't quite grab me like the first book. Still lots of positives:

**funny
**feel good
**entertaining
**likable main characters
**good steam
**no over-the-top drama

Negatives for me: the pacing didn't move along quite like it did in book 1. I thought both Diesel and Parrish were both in their heads too much with the repetitive thoughts of not being good enough for each other.

But I enjoyed all of the Licking Thicket residents (chickens i
Gemini Chronicle
Oct 27, 2020 added it
Shelves: mm
There’s a point in my life where I have to admit that Lucy Lennox isn’t for me.

I enjoyed what I read of this. 55% or so. I legitimately don’t have the attention span to EVER finish a Lennox book. I think the last (five?) have been DNF’s for me.

I liked it fine. Absolutely nothing wrong with it. Great writing. The characters were fine.

It was all perfectly splendid.

I’m a huge fan of small southern town stories. I love quirky characters and the double innuendos. Gossipy old ladies who pry into e
Ele
Nov 15, 2020 rated it liked it
It was ok. I think. Nothing like the first book though.
Renée
Oct 28, 2020 rated it really liked it

Second half was better.
Bev
Nov 03, 2020 rated it really liked it
4.25 stars from me. Two MC's with hearts of gold who have been treated badly in the past. Loved Miss Sara [both the judge and the chicken 🐔] and yes, in many ways, it's just as silly as the previous story BUT the townsfolk are adorable, and when Diesel needs a helping hand, they are there for him all the way.
Amanda
So I liked the first book in this series but I LOVED this one. I never highlight quotes when I’m reading, but from like page three in this one my finger couldn’t help itself, as I just knew I’d want to revisit some favorites; and the whole book continued in the same vein. But while this book was funny, it was so much more as we definitely got to see the relationship develop and it was absolutely beautiful and emotional. (Did I cry at one point? Yes, yes I did and I’m not ashamed). I just absolut ...more
Joyfully Jay
Oct 28, 2020 rated it liked it
A Joyfully Jay review.

The fake relationship trope seems to be everywhere these days and it’s not one I usually gravitate towards. Often, as this title suggests, there is a fair amount of lying that goes along with this trope and that’s not my thing. Having read Fakers, which was the first book that took place in the Licking Thicket series, I was interested in returning to the town and seeing what was going on. This book does build off of the first one with town antics, as well as cameo
haletostilinski
Overall a fun, sweet second installment in this adorable rom-com series.

If you recall, at the end of the first book, Beau's nephew Parrish and Diesel, the junkyard owner who Brooks got jealous of, literally ran into each other at Mal's booth and were adorably flustered around each other.

In the opening scene we see why, as these two met briefly before then. There is instant attraction and a connection, and also...a baby, Marigold.

Turns out, Diesel's sister died and left him with his niece, exc
Lelyana
Oct 22, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: 2020, mm, arc
Who said starting a good strong relationship couldn't be started with a lie? At least in Diesel and Parrish life. For a good cause, a little girl names Marigold.
I remember Diesel who's flirting with Mal in the first book of this series. I knew he has a story to tell, and what a story it was!
Diesel's background was not pretty like Parrish. But Parrish had his bitter story to tell as well. Both weee found each other at the right time, the right place, the right reasons, but a wrong start, a lie.
Li
Achim
Nov 03, 2020 rated it liked it
Hm, what can I say - I'm still a bit on a sugar rush so I liked the first book better.
Anali
Nov 02, 2020 rated it really liked it
Shelves: for-review
4.5 ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️

“But then… there he was. Like a rainbow after a storm. Like finding the promised land after wandering around alone in the desert.”

“What would make you happy right now?”
“You. I just want to be with you.”

Athira
Oct 27, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: lgbtq, awesome-series
I am so in love with Liars, the second book in Licking Thicket series. Fake engagement with high stakes set in a small town ticks all my boxes. This is written in dual POV and can be read as a standalone.

What is more adorable than a tattooed badass cuddling a baby and wearing reading glasses? Diesel is a huge teddy bear and him and Parrish have explosive chemistry from the start. His chickens might me my favourite part of the book. Also I love how Parrish has whole conversations with himself.

T
Kim
Oct 21, 2020 rated it it was amazing
All aboard the crazy train back to Licking Thicket! Actually this story is a little more serious than the first one, but still has all the humor and a whole lot of heart.

Tall, burly, and tatted Diesel Church is in a predicament. He is trying to fight for custody of his baby niece but the fact he is single and owns and lives at the junkyard does not look that great on paper. He is a loner and used to not having anyone to rely on.

Proper and successful Parrish Partridge is in need of a change. Le
☾ jazmin
“You learned about butterflies.”
I smiled down at him.
“A little.”
“For me,” he added.
“They’re important to you.” I caressed the side of his face. “Which means they’re important to me.”

I enjoyed this book so much more than the first book! The storyline and characters were so much better developed, and it felt like it followed a much clearer set of events.

I loved Parrish and Diesel. They were so well written, and they honestly had so much more character than the protagonists in book one. We
Szidi ☼
Oct 25, 2020 rated it really liked it
4,5 ☆

I really liked reading this book, Diesel and Parrish's story was fun, sweet and exactly what you can except after reading the first book (Fakers).
It was more than awesome to be back in Licking Thicket with all those crazy and lovely residents.

Diesel and Parrish both were awesome and unique characters, but Parrish was the more crazy one. I loved him, he was a cutie you just can't not love. Diesel was a big teddy bear and all those things he did with Marigold was so sweet. Marigold was the
Elizabeth
Nov 03, 2020 rated it really liked it
This is a good one.
It’s a super fun read with some very warm and fuzzy parts. Diesel and Parrish are a very nice counter balance to each other. Their chemistry is great and Marigold who is the an important part of the story does not take it over. Very well written and so fun.
Donna
Nov 06, 2020 rated it liked it
Ana  Nimity
Oct 21, 2020 rated it it was amazing
While you probably could read Liars without having read Fakers, you shouldn't, for two reasons - one, it sets the stage in the unique town of Licking Thicket, and two, it sort of desensitizes you to the over-the-top zaniness that is the collaboration between Lucy Lennox and May Archer. Licking Thicket is the love-child of Hobie and O'Leary, doubled down, with all the comedic insanity that entails.

Make no mistake, though, there's real romance, and Liars stole my heart with its fake-fiancé, singl
Barb ~rede-2-read~
I enjoyed this sequel and had fun with the gang in Licking Thicket. Most important note here is to tell the authors how much I loved their sense of humor. The little asides like Amos Nutter's description of how to bob for apples is so OTT bizarre that it's hysterical and worthy of award for best LOL moment. That being said, this story wasn't as humorous to me as book one was.

Parrish Partridge is a sweetheart and totally deserved to find the man of his dreams in Diesel Church, especially when Di
Shelly
Oct 20, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Reading a book by this duo could come with an additional price for admission and I'd pay it happily! The zany twists and turns, the whipsaw repartee, and the hilarious characters you encounter are like visiting your favorite amusement park on a crisp fall day. However, it's not all just fun and games. Lucy and May somehow manage to weave all that levity into a tale that has depth and sincerity and will make you fall for each irresistible character.

Parrish and Diesel are two of my favorite charac
Dan
Nov 02, 2020 rated it it was amazing
I want to find this town :^)
" I stood next to him like some kind of creepy sidekick who thought a canapé shaded people from the sun." LMAO
Amanda
Oct 26, 2020 rated it it was amazing
[I received a digital arc for an honest review]

Liars
is a new stand alone in the Licking Thicker series by Lucy Lennox and May Archer. I loved this book so much with its fake relationship trope, opposites attract romance.

Diesel Church is battling for custody of his 9-month-old niece. He's a gruff, tattooed savage dealer and odds are looking in his favor. When he crosses paths with Parrish Partridge and sees how well he is with Marigold and how together he is, he comes up with a solution to his p
Walford
Nov 13, 2020 rated it liked it
Aargh. I stayed up until 3 am to finish this, in one sitting. Usually that's an automatic four stars, but I'm grumpy that I (had to?) read two books in a row where the protagonists wouldn't admit that they Really Like Each Other. For most of the book. One misunderstanding after another: sigh. (the first one was Rachel Reid's 'Common Goal')
That said, I really liked our heroes and the supporting characters.
Liars isn't as funny as the first book in the series: not really a romantic comedy.
Caveat:
gimmethosebooks
Oct 17, 2020 rated it it was amazing
LOVED. Devoured this in one sitting without moving.

The thing that makes this book so amazing and an improvement over book one is that it has all of the humor of book one, but significantly more of a focus on the feelings and relationship between the two MCs.

Diesel is one of the greatest tattooed cinnamon roll heroes I’ve ever read - he’s kind and caring and funny and loyal. His feelings for Parrish spring to life from the pages; they cannot be contained. His love for his chickens (yes chickens
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 next »

• Griff's Place (Havenwood #4)
  • Watch Me
  • The Happy List (Better With You, #1)
  • Painted Lace
  • Friends (White House Men #2)
  • How to Save a Human (VRC: Vampire Related Crimes, #4)
  • Fix It Up (Torus Intercession, #3)
  • Topping the Jock (Blue Harbor #1)
  • Mr. Perfect (Sinister in Savannah, #2)
  • Screwed (Four Bears Construction, #4)
  • Face Offs & Cheap Shots (CU Hockey #2)
  • Bat Boy (Easton U Pirates #1)
  • Tempt Me (Tattoos and Temptation, #5)
  • The Edge of Heaven (Love Beyond Measure #1)
  • Bad Habits (Wages of Sin #1)
  • Catch Me (Tattoos and Temptation, #4)
  • Locked Heart
  • Press (White House Men #1)
I only keep a small list of my very favorite books and series in my bookshelf here. I read A LOT and it's hard to keep the list updated!

Licking Thicket (2 books)
  • Fakers (Licking Thicket, #1)