Start by marking “Shade of Danger (Undercover Magic, #0)” as Want to Read:
Shade of Danger (Undercover Magic, #0)

Shade of Danger

(Undercover Magic #0)

She only has one night to live…

When an invitation to a ball for the supernatural arrived by moonlight, Lina thought it was a mistake. How can a ghost attend a party—even one as infamous as The Monster Ball?

Determined not to waste a chance to remember what it means to be alive, even if she can’t remember who she is, Lina takes a leap of faith and is swept into a glittering
Kindle Edition
Published November 10th 2020 by Words that Sparkle

To ask other readers questions about Shade of Danger, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Shade of Danger

Start your review of Shade of Danger (Undercover Magic, #0)
Teri
Oct 26, 2020 rated it really liked it
I remember seeing that this part of this couples story was in Monster Ball Box set and thinking oh no worries I wont miss this. I was wrong on so many levels and it explains so much plus it's fun. Anyway this is a great opening for the series and this author has done it well. These two are in for a night that will lead to so much more yet is at the same time so much more than either one expected. With no past memory of what she truly is she takes the chance on a magical invitation. He has no int ...more
Izzybear
Nov 02, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Oh, I just loved Lina and Nord’s first meeting. I read Hint of Danger and Face of Danger first and really think this is a great introduction of their characters and gives you a little taste of what their world is like.
Shade of Danger is the short, sweet and magical beginning that leads perfectly into the next chapter of Lina and Nord’s journey together.
You don’t have to read it to understand the others but it does give you a little bit more background and adds to their story. I feel it’s totally
Heather Ambrose
Oct 22, 2020 rated it it was amazing
I can not say enough about this book! This book was literally a teaser for the books to come! You fall in love with Lina and Nord right away. Nord is the type of man any woman would want. Pick this book up and tease yourself for what is to come. You won't have to wait long because the next 2 books are already out and available! I guarantee you will love this series!!
Courtney Linde
Oct 24, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Perfect size novella to sink your teeth into a new story. But you'll fall in love with Lina and Nord right away. Everything Meg Anne writes is a masterpiece. Come join us with the love of how Lina and Nord started.
Sydney
Nov 04, 2020 rated it it was amazing
I really enjoyed getting to read this prequel of how Nord and Lina met. Their first interaction will melt your heart and have you begging for your own vikings guardian. What a wonderful way to start this series with this Monster Ball.
April Stacey
Oct 22, 2020 rated it it was amazing
What a great novella to grab our interest as a reader. So original and mind grasping in how this could happen. Absolutely love this story
Ashley Shvetsova
Oct 22, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Fantastic start to a series I have grown to love! This story was filled with questions, mystery and in the end a large Viking. It left you with an understanding of our main character and it also left us wanting more. Great world building that I can’t wait to see play out further!
Michelle
Oct 21, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Great intro to the series! It had me hooked immediately!
Margarita Rose
Nov 08, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Lina is on the roof of the building that she haunts. She has a deep yearning for something to change but has no thoughts on how to. She doesn't remember if she ever was on earth or just haunted it from the start or who she is. While looking at the stars a piece of paper flies down from above which she can touch and feel. It's an invitation to the Monters Ball. When the time comes for the party she is changed into a seductive and sexy woman instantly transported to the Balls entrance. Meanwhile N ...more
Shelly Wygant
Nov 21, 2020 rated it really liked it
Lina has spent her life as a ghost so when she is invited to the Monster Ball she doesn't know how that can happen. But she doesn't tempt magic and attends. Will she enjoy her time at the ball until the Cinderella moment and she becomes a ghost again. Nord doesn't want to attend but he also won't tempt magic. When he arrives he sees Lina and knows what his mission is.

This was a fantastic introduction to Lina and Nord. As he vows to do what he needs to to protect Lina and make her happy they danc
Heather
Nov 09, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Shade of Danger is a part of the Undercover Magic Series. It is a great prelude to the series and shows you when Lina and Nord first met then it leads right into the first book of the series. The writing in this book was amazing and I love the characters.

An invitation to the Monster Ball gives Lina a chance to be alive again for one night, and of course she can't pass up that opportunity. She meets Nord, an immortal guardian who can help her unlock her past life and her memories, and maybe she c
Stacey Rankin
Nov 08, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Really enjoyed reading this prequel to the Undercover Magic series, very well written, great character building and the storyline really sets the scene for the series to come. A fantastic short story to introduce the main characters, their budding attraction and romance, also to lay the groundwork of the mystery to solve and provide background context for the main series while being a brilliant short story in its own right. Looking forward to reading the series and more books from Meg Anne, a ne ...more
Reena
Nov 08, 2020 rated it it was amazing
I read this as part of the "Monster Ball" anthology and it hooked me to the "Undercover Magic" series. This short read is a prequel to the series, and although you can dive in the series straight away, I highly recommend reading "Shade of Danger" before the other books. It gives a background story to Lina and Nord's relationships, and sets the pace for the story to come. Fast paced, with plenty of magic, suspense and the beginnings of a strong romance, this is a must read for fans of Meg Anne!!!
Kristy
Nov 12, 2020 rated it really liked it
Lina and Norden fate murder and a ghost all meet at the Monsters Ball midnight on Halloween. Why has Lina been trapped who was she and how did she become a ghost. Norden member of the brotherhood is board,frustrated and feeling like someone waiting for something he just doesn't know what that is until he sees Linaat the ball. Lina will recover some memories and with Nord's help she will find out the truth about herself. Good start to a series with a slow burn.

I was allowed to read and advance co
Jasdebi Kurokaze
Oct 28, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Though it was a short quick read I was sucked into the story immediately and read through it within an hour. I absolutely love and relate to the fmc, she’s a very strong willed woman and wants to live her second chance at life to the fullest even though she doesn’t know if she will even get another night after the monster ball. I am very excited to continue this series and learn more about who nord is and who Lina was in the past.
Bookish
Nov 10, 2020 rated it really liked it
Shade of Danger is a great quick read that gives you a first glance at Lina and Nord, if you've read either or both of Hint of Danger or Face of Danger, reading this will give you even more insight to Lina and Nord. Taking place at the Monster Ball, Lina is not expecting much, after all Magic ends at Midnight and yet she meets someone that just might be the help that she needs. Whitty and captivating, this short story is a must for this series.
Erin Figueiredo
Nov 10, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Intriguing and sweet story!

I love Lina and Nord and this story just gives us a super sweet taste of their first meeting.

This is a great start to their story and their adventures together that will leave you wanting more. The magic of their instant connection, when their eyes first connect, had me swooning with love for them.

Now I need to find myself my own Viking guardian. Nord is everything!!

fred jones
Nov 07, 2020 rated it really liked it
A good prelude which does its job of introducing the main characters and the backstory very well. I liked the beginning where the spirit knows nothing, and enjoyed the Monster Ball. Well written and easy to read, but it is a prequel and ends just as things get more interesting. Definitely worth a read..

Fran
Nov 10, 2020 rated it really liked it
The first meeting is so crucial. The initial reaction to the person you will fall in love with. It can impact the entire relationship. Now I can dive into the story or Nord and Lina and know the whole story, know the start. Can't wait!

Dayzee
Nov 10, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Lina and Nord rock my socks!
A ghost and her viking guardian! Or is she? It was really intriguing, sweet, romantic and light humor! I love the chemistry between Lina and Nord! Sparks ⚡️ were flying with these two! Nord had me swooning hard! this was a prequel how nord and lina meet! book one and two are already out! MUST READ!! ❤️#ThisVikingIsmine#UndercoverMagicSeries
Carlynne Toomey
Nov 11, 2020 rated it it was amazing
This is the prequel to the Undercover Magic series and it is great! This was a quick, fun read! The characters were well developed and complex. The story world is detailed and the interaction between the character is great. Definitely a great, fast read. I highly recommend it!

Scarolet Ellis
Nov 21, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Shade of Danger by Meg Anne is such a wonderful story to read. This is An Undercover Magic Prequel in the series and I am so hooked on it and can not wait to read more of this wonderful series. I highly recommend this story to everyone who loves reading about fantasy and paranormal romance.

Esmeralda Silva
Oct 30, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Omg!!! Nord drives me crazy! I don't know how she manages to keep herself hands off of him. It ia a great introduction to the new series, you get to now the new charecters and fall in love with them. It leaves you with just the rigth amount of want! I recomend it!
Shawna Mitchell
Nov 03, 2020 rated it it was amazing
This was such a cute prequel to Lina and Nords story. I truly enjoyed reading about where they began. I loved the insight while she was a ghost and how magical The Monster Ball truly was for them. Great, quick read for a lot of much needed information and backstory.
Nance
Nov 07, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Shade of Danger is the prequel to the Undercover Magic series. I thought it was a great introduction to the series and enjoyed reading the first time the two main characters met. I’ve already read the first two books in this series and absolutely loved them!
Barbara
Nov 09, 2020 rated it really liked it
Allow about two hours for this PG15 prequel to the Undercover Magic series by Meg Anne which starts with a ghost receiving an invitation to The Monster Ball.

Christinaraven
Nov 10, 2020 rated it it was amazing
I liked this prequel that introduces Lina and Nord as they meet at the famous Monster ball. It was a quick entertaining read. Both characters were a hoot and I thought it set up the rest of the series just enough to make me want to re-read the next book to see what happens next.
Christina Burrus
Nov 10, 2020 rated it it was amazing
This was a really good paranormal story which was also included in the amazing Monster Ball anthology!!! I love a good paranormal story and I really enjoyed this!!! I look forward to more by Meg Anne

Rose Brown
Nov 11, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Good Beginning
“Shade of Danger” gives you Lina’s history and tells us how Lina changed from being a ghost to having her body back, and how she met Nord and Finley and sets the storyline for the “Undercover Magic” series.
I received a free copy of this book. This review was posted voluntarily
Mona  Brown
Nov 16, 2020 rated it it was amazing
I absolutely love this prequel. You get to meet the Lina and Nord for the very first time and find out exactly how they met, and how much they are perfect for each other. Lina is such a sweetheart and Nord is just perfect for her. This story is the perfect introduction to this series

• Touched by Fire (Demons of New Chicago, #1)
  • Night Watch (Soul Reader, #1)
  • A Cursed All Hallows' Eve: A Limited Edition Paranormal Romance, Urban Fantasy, and Reverse Harem Halloween Themed Collection
  • Shadow of the Fae (The Fae Chronicles, #1)
  • Reaping Havoc (The Grimm Brotherhood, #2)
  • Bloody Devils (The Legacy of a Vampire Witch #4)
  • Bitten Magic (Bloodborn Academy, #1)
  • Tempting Hades: A Greek God Romance (Myths and Monsters Book 1)
  • Reaper Reborn (The Grimm Brotherhood, #3)
  • Stolen (Primal Obsessions #5)
  • Flame's Embrace: An Australian Bushfire Charity Anthology
  • Happily Furever After
  • Bloodshed Academy: Year One (Bloodshed Academy, #1)
  • Rebel Claimed (The Mates Lottery, #2)
  • Demon Born (Hellfire Academy Book 1)
  • The Gargoyle’s Secret (Stonehaven Mysteries, Book 1)
  • Sweet Cursed Blood
  • Bite of the Past (A Bite of the Past, #1)
International Bestselling Author of fantasy and paranormal romance. Creator of #MenByMeg. Glitter Addict. Taco Enthusiast. Lip Sync Battle Champion.

Meg loves to write about sassy heroines and the men that love them. She is best known for her adult fantasy romance series The Chosen, which can be found on Amazon.

STAY UPDATED
Newsletter: https://megannewrites.com/newsletter/
Facebook: https://www.faceb

Undercover Magic (4 books)
  • Hint of Danger (Undercover Magic, #1)
  • Face of Danger (Undercover Magic, #2)
  • World of Danger (Undercover Magic, #3)

News & Interviews