Start by marking “A Touch of Malice (Hades & Persephone, #3)” as Want to Read:
A Touch of Malice (Hades & Persephone, #3)

A Touch of Malice

(Hades & Persephone #3)

Persephone and Hades are engaged. In retaliation, Demeter summons a snowstorm that cripples New Greece, and refuses to lift the blizzard unless her daughter calls off her engagement.

When the Olympians intervene, Persephone finds her future in the hands of ancient gods, and they are divided. Do they allow Persephone to marry Hades and go to war with Demeter or prohibit thei
Published May 25th 2021

To ask other readers questions about A Touch of Malice, please sign up.
Meghann | Bookstagrammer Scarlett addressed this on Instagram. Honestly, she is human. Proofreaders are human. Copy editors are human. I’ve copy edited books and have gotten s…moreScarlett addressed this on Instagram. Honestly, she is human. Proofreaders are human. Copy editors are human. I’ve copy edited books and have gotten so engrossed in the story that I forgot I was looking for errors. Did I notice the errors in this book, yes. Did they take away from the story? Not at all. Scarlett rushed this book through her timeline because so many people were demanding it and it didn’t get the multiple professional edits that she usually pays for, she relied on her Advance Reader Team to help her edit it. Again, she is human and I applaud her for putting herself out there, heart and soul into these books. (less)
Esta There will be 4 books in this series. However, Scarlett has not announced the name of the fourth book to the public yet.

Start your review of A Touch of Malice (Hades & Persephone, #3)
jessica
this installment is just as entertaining and steamy as the previous books, but man. i hate how hades’ character is being portrayed.

i do want to say that i think persephone is more tolerable in this book. shes still a pretty big whiny cry baby, but i appreciate the effort she has put in to strengthening her magic and herself. i think it works well with how the plot is playing out.

however, i personally find hades to be a much more compelling and complex character and he started off as such an int
human
Sep 28, 2020 marked it as to-read
Shelves: not-released
against my better judgement, i'm kind of interested in how everything turns out
*le sigh*
Alyssa ☽
May 01, 2021 rated it it was ok
Shelves: dark-fantasy
I’m writing this with a heavy heart because I actually love the first two books. But this one... man.
First off, I overlooked the grammar and spelling mistakes in this. I understand editing errors and life happens..

With that aside, 75% of this book was nothing of importance. Don’t get me wrong, I love my smut spicy love scenes, but I’m telling you when it’s literally every other page...... you become numb to it. I found myself literally skimming through the smut scenes because it got to the poin
aly ☆彡
Jun 03, 2021 rated it did not like it
I tried but DNF this @ 50%

I am almost happy because Persephone has grown so much since the last two books (in which she was very very annoying) so yes to:

☑ Persephone’s character development

☑ Apollo & Hermes since they are the only enjoyable addition to the book

But other than that, there’s nothing good about this and it’s progressing nowhere.

☒ It’s plotless and soo boring

☒ They can’t get one thing done without having sex

☒ It's getting too long with mostly filler scene

☒ The third book and is
Tyi
May 03, 2020 marked it as to-read
Shelves: fated-mates
Peresphone has finally become kickass and is taking control of her destiny! I can't wait to see more of her and Hades. ...more
gaby
May 25, 2021 rated it it was ok
THESE BOOKS HAVE PROGRESSIVELY GOTTEN WORSE JESUS CHRIST

-hades: secretive little cunt
- persephone: weak little bitch
- hecate + apollo + hermes (<333333333)
- this book is just badly represented ptsd, a shit ton of miscommunication and a whole lot of sex.
Mero
Jan 13, 2021 added it
I read the first book solely on the fact that it had a pretty cover on amazon and that it was a hades persephone retelling
I have traumatized myself in the process but mama didnt raise a pussy so Im gonna finish it even if it kills me 😔✊
Kelly
Nov 19, 2020 rated it it was amazing
11/19/2020

I just finished all the other books and I’m wow I’m excited for this book!! The premise sounds so interesting and it sounds like there will be a ton of interaction with all the Gods, which is my favorite! I can’t wait for Persephone to finally embrace her Divinity and her magic in front of everyone. But I swear to god Scarlett, if you touch a hair on Hecate’s or Hermes’ heads, I will send you to Tartarus. I WILL NOT HAVE ANOTHER LEXA.
☘ Lily ☘
First of all, my condolences for the author's loss. No words honey.

Anyhow maybe because I went into this with the lowest of expectations, I ended up enjoying it more than I expected.

The main issue I have in the previous book was Persephone and her stupid after stupid decisions. In this book however, I think we finally got to the fallout of those decisions and the impact on her mental being. As in, she was more contemplative and traumatised in this one.

And grief. She was so much subdued than I
• Lindsey Dahling •
Jun 11, 2021 rated it it was amazing
If anyone needs me, I’ll be vacantly staring out a window, waiting for the fourth book’s release date.
Abigail
May 28, 2021 rated it it was ok
SO MANY GRAMMAR/SPELLING ERRORS. It was distracting. I felt like I was reading a high school assignment that was submitted at the last minute for credit, without any proofreading before submission. I wanted to take out my red pen and make corrections in the margins and give it a score of C- on the cover just because of the simple grammatical errors that could have been avoided had they proofread their work.

*****SPOILERS BELOW*****

Some other beefs I had surrounding plot:

-why spend so much time b
✨Kayla of The Court Of Dreams✨
Wow

So good, the ending had me on the edge of my seat 😭😭I need the next one now, seriously though go read this book!!
Monique
May 25, 2021 rated it really liked it
Shelves: 2021-reads
★★★★ 4.25 stars for the book
★★★★★ for Hermes being Hermes and Apollo getting a redemption arc
🌶️🌶️🌶️ for the smut

Holy shit, I did not know where we were going to end up given the last two books were a bit average but damn, I’m impressed!

Persephone was still way too jealous for how far along we are now but overall, she was a lot more tolerable. Don’t get me wrong, her relationship with Hades is still toxic AF and at times reading about them was tedious but for all the cringy moments, there were s
Sara Oliveira
Jun 01, 2021 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I missed Sephy and Hades and Hermes and just everyone soooo much!

I do think there was way to much sexy time in this 😂 So definitely be aware that this has a lot more of that than the last one in my opinion. I would have definitely wanted more story and details and everything and scenes with characters interacting and maybe a little less sex but I get it ahahah that's just my personal opinion with this one.

Also ugh cliffhanger now to wait A WHOLE YEAR for the next one 🥲
Kandice Collins
May 26, 2021 rated it it was ok
Yeganeh
Jun 09, 2021 rated it it was ok
2.5 star
Honestly i really don't get what this book is about. The whole plot was all persephone and hades's smut and needing and then the last 40 pages was rediculously bizzare.it took me a fair amount time to read this book and i was bored. The only reason i'm reading this is bc of Hades and persephone but i might admit they are not my favorite here.
grace
Mar 08, 2021 rated it really liked it
i liked this book. it has a lot more plot then the other books and is not just sex but i’m not complaining LOL anways go read this series
Gabbey (gabriellelovesbooks)
May 28, 2021 rated it it was ok
Shelves: dnf
Firstly, let's address the elephant in the room:

The two star rating has nothing to do with the numerous spelling/grammatical mistakes on the Kindle version that I read.

[The fact I even have to write that to fend off criticism highlights everything that is wrong with the bookish community at the moment]

I loved the first two books and recommended them to anyone who would listen, but felt this book was lacking in plot and purpose.

In A Touch of Darkness, we are introduced to Persephone, who is tryi
alice
Jun 04, 2021 rated it it was ok
"We are all broken... It’s what we do with pieces that matters.”

so, after finishing a touch of ruin, i was actually excited to read this book. a touch of ruin left off on a big cliffhanger, so i was hoping it would be resolved in this book. literally nothing was resolved, there was basically no plot, and i don't think i even remembered anything that happened in this book... this is a series i've been really invested in since a touch of darkness, so im pretty disappointed :/
Lewi
May 29, 2021 rated it it was ok
Even if I were able to ignore the various errors that stretch out over the whole book (which I'm definitely not) this was the weakest of the series so far. Seemingly unimportant passages stretch out unnaturally, while the truly interesting parts are way too short.
This was not as much fun as I'd hoped it to be and might be that last book of the series I've read.
May 03, 2021 rated it really liked it
Where do I begin?

There’s so much to say, but so little space. But first, one of my favorite quotes from A Touch of Malice (spoiler free of course just like the whole review): “Oh, darling. How you challenge me.” Hades can wreck me body and soul and I would thank him.

FYI. This is not YA. This is for mature audiences only. There are plenty of spice level 5/5 scenes, and much more adult scenes that happen.

I went into this read guessing certain events to happen in the ending. And I was wrong. Com
Megan Lowde
May 26, 2021 rated it did not like it
Shelves: do-not-own
There was way too much smut, way too little plot, and a lot of bad writing, including the attempts at PTSD. Practically nothing of true importance happened until the last 5% or so, and even that wasn't as exciting as it could have been. In short, whilst this was certainly better than the previous two novels in this universe I was still straight up not having a good time and though objectively it's not the worst thing I've ever read, I couldn't rate it any higher given how done I was reading this ...more
Jaye Rockett
May 31, 2021 rated it did not like it
Neisha Hussain
Jun 05, 2021 rated it it was amazing
Best in the series so far 🤩
Jess Schmit
May 10, 2021 rated it it was amazing
Disclaimer: I received an ARC as a member of Scarlett’s street team 💀 this is the only way to get ARCs of Scarlett's books.

THIS BOOK IS FREAKING AMAZING!

Whew, okay, now for coherent thoughts. This book was an emotional whirlwind. I literally experienced every emotion known to man through the course of reading this book.

This will be spoiler free until release day, at which point I will update with all the good spoilery bits!

Sephy is a freaking badass in this. Hades and Sephy both learn how to
Giulia
May 25, 2021 rated it did not like it
So...where should I start? At the end of the second book, I hoped that this one would show me a new Persephone, no more victim but fighter...well,it does not...I cannot understand 90% of her actions during the book...even if actions is a big word because nothing happen in this book until the very last two chapters. I understand the editorial choice behind this, but it drives me crazy. I understand that Hades and Persephone love each other, but I was hoping to see more and I did not.
Esmiralda
May 27, 2021 rated it it was amazing
5 stars ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️

Please take in mind it’s my opinion, and everyone is allowed to have one.

I’m absolutely loving this serie, A Touch Of Malice was one of my anticipated reads and it truly did not disappoint. This book was such an incredible one. Honestly such a well written book.

It was so great to see how Persephone developed as a person and her power. To see how she handled grieve and trauma.

Also can we talk about that ending? BECAUSE HELLO CLIFFHANGER! How am I suppose to wait so long, I want
Holly Early
May 28, 2021 rated it did not like it
Whoever edited this book failed big time. The Kindle version is full of grammatical errors, typos, and inconsistencies. It is far too long for what little bit of plot is covered—15% semi-decent plot and 85% unnecessary and repetitive sex scenes. This series initially had promise as a refreshing take on the Hades and Persephone myth, but has gone seriously downhill. I won’t bother reading the next book.
Adrianna Simione
May 26, 2021 rated it it was ok
What was this?
This was totally different from the first two. It was messy, jagged and seriously underwhelming until you got to 70% of the book. Then *some* kind of plot picked up.
The amount of grammatical errors was honestly embarrassing. Like it was last minute. I don’t know- I’m just disappointed 😞
Farhana JC
Jun 04, 2021 rated it liked it
*3.5
The plot in this book was much better in this book than the previous one. The romance was super repetitive and I love good smut and open-door romances just as much as the next person but it was just overdone in this book. There were barely any scenes of Hades & Persophone emotionally connecting or authentic scenes between them. The most interesting part of this book was the last 3 chapters.

• The ​Crown of Gilded Bones (Blood and Ash, #3)
  • Hideaway (Devil's Night, #2)
  • Skater Boy  (Patchwork House #1)
  • Next to Never (Fall Away, #4.5)
  • Corrupt (Devil's Night, #1)
  • Conclave (Devil's Night, #3.5)
  • Bad Boys Break Hearts
  • Misconduct
  • The Next Flame (Fall Away, #4 & 4.5)
  • Vile Intentions (Ruthless Bullies, #1)
  • Kill Switch (Devil's Night, #3)
  • Aflame (Fall Away, #4)
  • Adrenaline (Fall Away, #4.75)
  • Credence
  • Rival (Fall Away, #2)
  • Sweet Dandelion
  • Blood Trial (Supernatural Battle: Vampire Towers #1)
  • Bully (Fall Away, #1)
See top shelves…
Scarlett St. Clair lives in Oklahoma with her husband. She has a Master’s degree in Library Science and Information Studies. She is obsessed with Greek Mythology, murder mysteries, love, and the afterlife. If you are obsessed with these things, then you’ll like her books.

Sign up for my newsletter! https://mailchi.mp/6e2593363f04/rayon...

Hades & Persephone (4 books)
  • A Touch of Darkness (Hades & Persephone, #1)
  • A Touch of Ruin (Hades & Persephone, #2)
  • A Touch of Chaos (Hades & Persephone, #4)

News & Interviews

'Tis the season of the beach read, that herald of summer sun and vacation vibes! Whether you're the type of reader who has very strict rules...
“Oh, darling, but I have told you before—for you, I would destroy this world.” 1 likes
“I am a Goddess of Life,” Persephone said. “A Queen of Death.” 1 likes