Start by marking “Bewitched” as Want to Read:
Bewitched

Bewitched

The eternal dance of attraction, lust and love has been going on since time immemorial.

The divine apsara Menaka descends to Earth at Indra’s behest to distract the sage Vishwamitra from the penance that would bring him unimaginable powers. Menaka succeeds in bewitching Vishwamitra, but her actions are destined to have dire consequences for both.

Eons later, their story is s
Published November 10th 2020

To ask other readers questions about Bewitched, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Bewitched

Start your review of Bewitched
Farshana ❤️rainnbooks❤️
Nov 27, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: kindle
Many Thanks to the author for introducing this book to me.

Bewitched by Ruchi Singh is gonna leave you BEWITCHED. 🤩 🤩 🤩

The mythological story of the ‘apsara’ Menaka sent to the earth to break the intense puja by the sage Vishwamitra is well known, but I have never read it with so much fun. Ruchi Singh brilliantly interlaces humor into the age-old story weaving a beautiful tale in the contemporary times.

Rudra as the quintessential hero never letting a woman or an emotional entanglement into his l
Sundari Venkatraman
Nov 20, 2020 rated it it was amazing
I was bewitched by Ruchi Singh’s latest book!
I have always been a fan of the author’s writing and I pre-ordered this book on Amazon because I fell in love with the cover.
Once I began to read, I simply couldn’t stop. Rudra and Poorva’s first meeting drew me into the story well and truly. And I was also curious to know how the author had connected the myth of Vishwamitra-Menaka’s relationship and this contemporary romance. I wasn’t disappointed, but I will leave it to the readers to find out as I
Devika Fernando
Nov 04, 2020 rated it it was amazing
This is the first time that I've read a romance novel that combined the contemporary main story with a secondary 'historical' story rooted in Indian mythology. It was intriguing and well done.
That aside, I loved the chemistry between Poorva and Rudra. These two are a great example of 'opposites attract', and of people learning to listen to their heart. I kept rooting for their happy ending. I also applaud the author for having the heroine save herself and come out on top, instead of waiting to b
Nikita (Njkinny's Blog)
Read the complete review here: https://www.njkinnysblog.com/2020/11/...

Bewitched by Ruchi Singh is the new romance novel that incorporates the timeless Indian mythological fable of Menaka and Vishwamitra with a parallel story running in the present time to give the readers a unique, exciting, and entertaining love story full of bewitching moments that will leave you wanting more!

This is the first book that I have read where an author has experimented with a mythological tale and used it as a the
Arti
Nov 17, 2020 rated it it was amazing
This story alternates between real life and mythology, and very seamlessly we read the love between Vishwamitra & Maneka and Rudra & Poorva. And both the stories move in parallel without confusing the reader.
I loved the characters and their development. The backstories are detailed and give an insight into the insecurities and explains their behaviours. I admired Poorva’s strength. The characters from her other books make an appearance and I loved recollecting those stories as well. I would love
Amreen Shaikh
Nov 17, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Good read

Wonderful plot. A very different concept and a unique way of telling story where two stories are running simultaneously one is present and other from dev lok.
Vishwamitra and Meneka to Rudra and Poorva.
A very strong base to the story with little mischief from modern days.
One more from Ruchi 👏👏👏
Angela Peixoto
Nov 12, 2020 rated it it was amazing
A very "bewitching" story by Ruchi Singh that has a fantastic combination of Indian mithology and modern romance all within the same book. And I was fascinated by Poorva's strength.
Another winner by the author.
Sejal
Nov 20, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Bewitched by Ruchi Singh is a very enthralling contemporary romance novel that incorporates the timeless Indian mythological tale of Menaka and Vishwamitra with a parallel love story running in the present time between Rudra and Poorva. It is a very unique and intriguing read.

Plot:
Poorva has always played by society’s rules and ideas of decorum. But what happens when her own loved ones betray her in the worst way imaginable? Does she still have to remain bound by their rules?

Rudra plays with po
Leena Varghese
Nov 28, 2020 rated it it was amazing
It was an absolute delight to read Ruchi Singh's latest! Bewitched has everything that I love in a story-lucid, elegant writing that burns with understated incendiary passion. It was a tricky theme, with the protagonists stepping over a line that usually doesn't resonate with the idealistic framework of romance novels. But it was handled with remarkable adroitness, on a tight leash. In fact, towards the end I felt that it became more than just a romance novel.

The characterisation was deep and la
Diva
Nov 11, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Go for it

Refreshing.. wonderful plot woven around strong characters makes it a delightful read. Myth and reality blended smoothly.. after Jugnu yet another good one from the author.
Archie
Nov 26, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Bewitching .....indeed

Hard to put down. Intelligently woven sentiments to take you to the lives of two beautiful women who are in different time frames yet their lives are similar in many aspects.
Mohua Maulik
Nov 26, 2020 rated it really liked it
A convincing and engrossing read. A satisfying read of an independent techno-savvy woman who is no wimp. The mythological link up added to the charm.
Luv2read
Nov 23, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Wah!! such nice book i read some of tour old books bodyguard .. Jugnu and many others... But this is something different from other.. I wonder how much research u put into this book. I believe that every story even some instances in our life will have some resemblance to the stories in mythology.... But relating life of apsaras mrnaka, shakuntala love story... And the comming back to rudras story it was reallly very nicely written. Superb book
Sudesna Ghosh
Nov 20, 2020 rated it it was amazing
A unique mix of romance and mythology. A complete entertainer!
Mythreyi Singaravelu
Nov 08, 2020
C Sirisha
Nov 07, 2020
Ruchi Singh
Oct 10, 2020 rated it it was amazing  ·  (Review from the author)
DAKSHA WAGH
Shreeji
Nov 21, 2020
Aahana lakhtakia
Nov 24, 2020

• Marriage Jitters (Accidental Marriage Series Book 1)
  • Unsuitable Husband
  • Love Unexpected
  • Love, Scandal, and Second Chances (The Kapoor Brothers #3)
  • In Debt To Her Millionaire Foe (Millionaire Foe Quartet, #2)
  • In Love With Her Millionaire Foe (Millionaire Foe Quartet #1)
  • The Passionate Princess: A Historical Romance (The Princess Series #1)
  • GAME IS ON: A Billionaire Romance
  • Her Undercover Boss
  • Teething Troubles of Love
  • The Devil’s Love: A Dark Romance
  • Beyond the Truth: A Duke with amnesia romance (Forgotten Trilogy Book 2)
  • Love, Truth, and Taking Chances (The Kapoor Brothers, #2)
  • THE TWO FATES (FATES SERIES Book 1)
  • Her Temporary Husband
  • Love, Lies and Games
  • Falling for Cinderella: An Indian Billionaire Romance
  • The Stranger in My Dreams
Author of the bestselling romantic thriller ‘The Bodyguard’, Ruchi Singh is an IT professional and novelist writing under Romance and Suspense genre. She is a bilingual author and writes in both Hindi and English. Her other notable published novels are ‘Jugnu (Firefly)’ and ‘Guardian Angel’.

Winner of the Times Of India WriteIndia Season 1, she began her writing career writing short stories and art

News & Interviews