Start by marking “Trolling for Trouble (Lynlee Lincoln, #1)” as Want to Read:
Trolling for Trouble (Lynlee Lincoln, #1)

Trolling for Trouble

(Lynlee Lincoln #1)

Trouble is what I'm good at. I make my living at keeping the world from discovering magic, but tonight my best friend and I are trolling into territory we might not be able to escape from…

My name is Lynlee, and I'm a Neutralizer. It's my job to keep magical and undead creatures out of sticky situations. What kind of sticky? The kind where humans find out that we really
Published October 1st 2020 by Olivia Hardin (first published August 24th 2012)

To ask other readers questions about Trolling for Trouble, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Trolling for Trouble

Start your review of Trolling for Trouble (Lynlee Lincoln, #1)
Thi
Jan 20, 2018 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
This was a really short read. I did enjoy it but I wished there was more meat to the story. I had a hard time believing Beck was all of a sudden wanting a relationship with Lynlee when he left her so abruptly years before.
Debbie
Jan 31, 2018 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Where are the endings?
The order in which these novellas appear is a bit odd. The prequel is last, when it would make much more sense (both sequentially and for reading "enjoyment") to have it come first.
When I first started reading each of these novellas, I was struck by the originality of the stories. I liked the whole idea of Lynlee being a Neutralizer (which is basically a witch who "handles" the messes made by her charges (the MAUCs- Magical And Undead Creatures). She appears in the prequel
Lisa Markson
Oct 11, 2012 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition

Lisa's review of
Trolling for Trouble : MAUCs Series one
By Olivia Hardin

I have followed the writing of this great author Olivia Hardin with her first series Bend-Bite Shift Trilogy with book one being Which Way Bends and book two Bitten Shame and she has a short story in the anthology Cupid Painted Blind and in new release Once Upon a Midnight Dreary. Olivia takes great care in giving each of her characters a 3 dimensional life. The story is always on a fast pace where it makes the reader unable
Amanda
Nov 02, 2012 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This short was freaking awesome! I am really glad that I made the choice to read it because now I will be stalking the authors website to find out when the next book in this series comes out. I loved the new fantasy world that she has created and can't wait to read more!!
Nothing
Once there was a boy named Jack he was on a baseball team one day he was having a game .That time when he hited a homerun he started to run as fast as he could. When he ran across the last baseball plate he tripped on his shoe lasses and broke his arm oh no! Coach Bob said. Coach Bob took jack to the hospital. The doctor said jack has to stay here in the hospital for a whole week okay coach Bob said feeling sad for jack. Is he the best player on the team said the Doctor yes coach Bob said he is ...more
Texas
Oct 16, 2019 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Troubled! is all the Lynlee Lincoln Series without the vulgar language and explicit sex scenes, which I greatly appreciate. If these stories were better written about the women actually acting as strong and independent and with their actions, and thoughts, proving that, I would recommend this series to my great-grandkids.

Table of Contents was poorly done. The individual titles are either labelled as Trivia (the author's comments) or not listed at all.

Trolled! #1 - This is my first read by this
Joyce McKay
Olivia Hardin has a good imagination and has created a world of creatures that don't necessarily follow the old rules that we're used to. Having a neutralizer is a great idea. Lynlee Lincoln is basically a fixer for the world of the magical people. I don't know if Daywalkers exist in any other vampire myths. This was my first introduction to these wonderful chlorophyll eaters. The world of the mafia house was fun to imagine and the sexual tension between Beck and Lynlee made for some interest.
Wh
Laura Drake
Fun paranormal read

The book was a fun, fast read.
I skipped over the part about sex, but I think there was only one section about it. I had a hard time getting into the characters when it flipped back and forth, and then it went back in time and then back to the present. So while I didn’t appreciate the structure of the story, the story itself was interesting enough.
It was a bit too fast paced and hard to really connect with, but if you’re just looking for a simple paranormal read (and don’t m
Caroline Doig
Jan 01, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I received a copy of this book from Booksprout and I voluntarily leave my review.
This is the 1st book I’ve read and reviewed for Olivia Hardin and I loved it. This story is about Lynlee and Beck, Lynlee is like a cop but she deals with the paranormal community. Beck is a man from her past who has a couple of kids. This is a short story but it had everything u need in a really good story, I enjoyed the characters and the storyline. Really good read and I recommend this book.
Michelle
This might have had potential but I'm not exactly sure what it was supposed to be....a non-linear, loosely connected book of short stories with commentary inserted? Normally I would move to the next book in the "series" to find out more, but I feel like this just isn't for me if the next one is going to be in the same format.
Might be helpful for readers to frame the format up in the description so we know what to expect.
Stephanie
Jan 18, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I received a free copy of this book via Booksprout and am voluntarily leaving a review. I received a free copy of this book via Booksprout and am voluntarily leaving a review. This is a new author for me but it was an interesting read. The characters are well written and the book is an interesting mix of characters that blend together.
Laurie Beemer
Jan 19, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
What a fun and fast paranormal read. This was full of some awesome paranormal creatures and the characters were so fun. I loved Lynlee, she was a feisty and determined witch that worked to keep order among the paranormal. Chaos is a plenty in this book and in her life. What happens when she comes home to find two children in her home and discovers they are from a ghost of her past.
Michelle Graves
Sep 23, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I was kinda lost. I think the 3rd story should b 1st since it was the beginning of the relationship between beck and lynlee. And the 1st story should b the 3rd. I don't understand what exactly happens 2 Jack's wife other than she died. And it needs 2 say what kind of nymph they r since there's a few different kinds. So far other than those it's pretty good.
Kim F
Jan 21, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Awesome quick read. Very entertaining, captivating, and interesting read. Wonderfully written with strong characters. I want to read more from this author. I received a free copy of this book via Booksprout and am voluntarily leaving a review.
T.
Feb 02, 2018 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
I downloaded Trolling For Trouble as a free 60pg novella from Amazon. The stories were written well, but this novella was a compilation of three short stories--containing interlinked characters and a timeline--but nothing heavy or complex.
Evonne Hutton
Oct 22, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
A powerful witch coming into her power with all the ups and down that is possible!
Good story line with great characters. This is a definite must read!

Kathy
Feb 21, 2020 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Novel is cute - a little overly cute in fact - and a fast read. The characters have experiences that feel distant with a 2-dimensional feel.
Nothing is wrong with this book and I finished it, but it's not enticing that I want to read more by this author.
Juli  Mae Angel
Mar 19, 2020 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Captivating read

This book held my attention to the very end. I liked that the book had so much action and description that I could not put it down. I read half of the book on the first night. This book made me purchase the sequel to find out what happens next.
Heather
May 02, 2020 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Flips

The only thing I didn't like was the flipping between to main characters in every new chapter.
Some lines didn't make sense as the characters weren't kept straight.

I will actually continue to series to see if it gets better and I want to know what happens now.
Liza
May 11, 2020 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
The book has two short stories. Lynlee and Rhiannon both deal with MAUCs - Magical And Undead Creatures.

They're fun stories but they end fairly abruptly leaving you with a "but what, why, how..." feeling. Still worth reading, though.
A_Friend
Oct 17, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Trolling for Trouble

Witches, werewolves, nymphs, and trolls what else could make a fantastic read?! Of course Halloween is the best time for all “hallow” things happening. Definitely a must read
Wanda Hartzenberg
Dec 31, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 2017
Fast, fun, flirty and entertaining. Fun read.
Jeanette
Jan 16, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I liked reading this booka lot it was a good read.
Marc Rieck
Worth reading

The characters were okay, the story was okay, I just didn't like it that much. I don't know why. You might like it.
Angela
Feb 18, 2020 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Snack sized fun.

In a way, this seemed like two snack sized stories bundles into a book. It was a quick and fun read. Looking forward to book 2.
Cynthia
Mar 01, 2020 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I like it. A fun little read. A bit short but fun. I liked the people and the magic.
Nora Peevy
Cute for a quick read.
Barbara Dunbar
Apr 11, 2020 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Trolling for trouble

There are two main characters with different jobs that keep them in and out of scrapes. Mayhem and anarchy ensue.
Deserthomemaker
Apr 13, 2020 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 2020
It was fine, but forgettable. And like most novellas, it was underdeveloped.
Melina Karn
Great ideas poorly executed.

• Once Blessed, Thrice Cursed: A Sister Witches Urban Fantasy #1
  • Soulless at Sunset (Last Witch Standing #1)
  • Smoke, Mirrors and Demons (The Carnival Society Book 1)
  • Netherworld (The Chronicles of Koa #1)
  • Sins of the Angels (Grigori Legacy, #1)
  • Damnation Code (Occult Assassin, #1)
  • A Date With Death (Conjuring a Coroner #0)
  • Wickedest Witch (Hell's Son, #0.5)
  • The Cursed Key (The Cursed Key Trilogy, #1)
  • Eyes to See (Jeremiah Hunt, #1)
  • Bound to Darkness (Shadow Bound Book 1)
  • Acts of Mercy (Mercy Temple Chronicles #1)
  • Bessie Bell and the Goblin King (Tales of Aylfenhame, #3)
  • Wizard's Chance (The Realm, #1)
  • Black Annis: Demon Hunter (Revenge of the Witch, #1)
  • Fear University Series: Books 1-3 + Novella
  • The Red King (Wilde Justice #1)
  • Fury Rising (Fury Unbound #1)

Lynlee Lincoln (8 books)
  • Tangled Up In Trouble (Lynlee Lincoln #2)
  • This Spells Trouble (Lynlee Lincoln, #3)
  • Reaping Trouble (Lynlee Lincoln #4)
  • The Werevamp Diaries: Moon Beam Dream (Lynlee Lincoln, #5)
  • The Trouble With Vows (Lynlee Lincoln #6)
  • Escaping the Ashes: Hotel Paranormal (Lynlee Lincoln #7)
  • The Newbies Guide to Magic and Mistletoe (Lynlee Lincoln #8)