Jump to ratings and reviews

Lamps of the Tradition

2 books2 followers

Ratings & Reviews

What do you think?

Friends & Following

Create a free account to discover what your friends think of this book!

5 stars
3 (100%)
4 stars
3 stars
2 stars
1 star
Displaying 1 - 3 of 3 reviews
November 19, 2020
Reading "Lamps of the Tradition" was like looking into Ed Block's personal journal.
I thoroughly enjoyed his musings on his Catholic life experiences. "Lamps" also offered me a genuine view of Ed's faith journey. I found his reflections to have the flair of a poet and the honest integrity of a lifelong Catholic.

I have the added blessing of knowing Ed Block as a fellow parish member and professional friend. I value "Lamps" as an inner view into his spirituality. I think readers will enjoy sharing Ed Block's lively, personal faith. I know I did.

Sister Eileen Kazmierowicz
Pastoral Associate
St. Alphonsus Church - Greendale, WI
1 review1 follower
November 11, 2020
I found Ed's book, Lamps of the Tradition, the best of the domestic tradition. He captured the daily life in a reflective and profound way that gave pause to think. There are lessons to each activity of the day and Ed's narrative made me think of my own list of lessons from which to gather wisdom. Part Three about the patterns of the keeping of sacred time brought back many similar memories. There is a treasury of experiences for us if we are just aware and present to the events themselves. Bravo!
3 reviews1 follower
November 13, 2020
Lamps of the Tradition is a refreshing narrative on the traditions of the Catholic faith. With insight into formal as well as daily practices, Ed invites the reader into a richer, more meaningful faith. While deep in meaning, Ed brings a new perspective and joy to the practices of daily Catholic living while helping the reader to understand the simplicity of walking the faith journey.
Displaying 1 - 3 of 3 reviews

Can't find what you're looking for?

Get help and learn more about the design.