Start by marking “THE FORGOTTEN: Gods and Monsters applying for permanent residency in Canada” as Want to Read:
THE FORGOTTEN: Gods and Monsters applying for permanent residency in Canada

THE FORGOTTEN: Gods and Monsters applying for permanent residency in Canada

Gods and monsters need a place to call home too...
Hidden among the huddling masses and the waves of refugees lies a strange and sinister sight. Creatures from the olde world, searching for refuge and dreaming of new lives in Canada. But what will they find in the bustling cities and wild expanses? How will ancient beasts and archaic magic mix with a planet that left them f
Published May 1st 2020 by Christopher Hind

To ask other readers questions about THE FORGOTTEN, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about THE FORGOTTEN

Start your review of THE FORGOTTEN: Gods and Monsters applying for permanent residency in Canada
Katie
Jan 19, 2021 rated it it was ok
Thanks to Netgalley and the publisher for a copy in exchange for a fair and honest review.

I read probably 90% of the short stories, skipping around. I didn't want to read more after the first story, but I don't like reviewing based on only one, so I began again with Double Dog Dare as recommended by another reviewer. Unfortunately, the remaining stories didn't pull up the value for me.

The premise is interesting, and each story I read usually had something interesting as its basis. For example,
Thieving Magpie
Nov 20, 2020 rated it did not like it
I really wish I could give this book zero stars because there was absolutely NOTHING good I could say about that book. I love a good horror story. I love anthologies. Horror anthologies are awesome. Usually. This one was... Exhausting. The only scary thing about this book was the grammatical and logical errors in every single story and the absolutely annoying italic written comments in bracets. They did little to the story and at some point, they were downright ridiculous.
The story were not sca
Emma Piper
Nov 13, 2020 rated it really liked it
I do love a good spooky short story book and although I loved the stories in this collection and really enjoyed them, there were a few loose ends that need to be sorted out. For one, I found that the stories were heavily focused on sex and sexual content, which the spooky stories really didnt need to build atmosphere or thrill. I didnt understand why it was added except that it is a book meant for an adult audience.

I also noticed alot of spelling and grammar mistakes in every short story. Altho
Rachel Dawn Drenning
Jan 12, 2021 rated it really liked it
Thanks to Netgalley and the author for an ARC of this book. Wow. This was a really great collection of tales of folklore. I enjoyed them because most involved myths or legends I had never heard before. The author tells a story that will creepy you out and is very much believable. The first one, being my favorite. I hope to read so much more by this author. Have recommended this book to all my horror loving friends in my Facebook groups, Insta, and Twitter.
Chantale Canadian Book Addict
This is a collection of short stories and it is perfect if you just want a quick read.

On Halloween, I was just going to read one or two of the stories that day and read the rest the next day but I ended up reading the entire book because I was so into the short stories.

Each short stories are different and very much entertaining. I have never read anything like these short stories before.

I do highly recommend

I am giving this 5 out of 5,

Tam
Jan 11, 2021 rated it really liked it
This is a fantastic, boxed set with an abundance of very unique tales that each immediately drew me in. Weird, quirky and eerie – all in the best of ways.

#THEFORGOTTEN #NetGalley

*I received a complimentary ARC of this book in order to read and provide a voluntary, unbiased and honest review, should I choose to do so.
 Reading Reindeer 2021 On Proxima Centauri
Dreamscapes manifest in reality and the veil of consciousness rips to reveal the Beyond in this collection of 13 wildly Speculative Fiction set in Canada, both urban enclaves and the untamed wild reaches, where Monsters, Gods, and other entities survive and thrive.
Eric Hind
Jan 12, 2021 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Wonderful story writing; fresh, crisply written, wry and sardonic where needed. He's able to invoke the feeling of mythology and mystery in every page. Seems to have lots of credible historical events rooted in most stories. Highly recommended ...more
Mandy Hazen
Nov 20, 2020 rated it liked it
This book is well written and has good character development I just couldn’t personally get into the story and found it a little bit of a struggle to keep reading. It’s a book of short stories that is almost akin to a scary stories to tell in the dark but a lot more graphic and grusome. Either way it just left a little lacking for me personally. I received an advance review copy for free, and I am leaving this review voluntarily.
Brishkay Ahmed
Mary
added it
Nov 30, 2020

• The Haunting of Brynn Wilder
  • The Prince and the Troll (Faraway, #1)
  • Hazel and Gray (Faraway, #2)
  • The Remaking of Corbin Wale
  • Witch Bottle
  • Mask of Silver
  • The Darkest Glare: A True Story of Murder, Blackmail, and Real Estate Greed in 1979 Los Angeles
  • All Boys Aren't Blue
  • The Lion Tamer Who Lost
  • Good Writing is Like Good Sex: Sort of Sexy Thoughts on Writing
  • Revenge of the Sluts
  • I Forced a Bot to Write This Book: A.I. Meets B.S.
  • The Hitman's Guide to Tying the Knot Without Getting Shot (The Hitman's Guide #3)
  • Outbursts of Everett True
  • Building a Better Business Using the Lego Serious Play Method
  • Serious Work: How to Facilitate Lego(r) Serious Play(r) Meetings and Workshops
  • The Forgotten Cure: The Past and Future of Phage Therapy
  • Call the Vet: My Life as a Young Vet in 1970s London
C.M. Hindmarsh is a published author, professional film script and radio-play writer, scriptwriting instructor and Shaman.

The focus of his creative work is in the sci fi, horror and mythological genres. His latest collection of short stories, THE FORGOTTEN, explores how Gods and Monsters of the Olde world adapt to life in modern day Canada.

C.M. has always felt an affinity for and connection to the

News & Interviews