Start by marking “Twinkle Twinkle Little Stars” as Want to Read:
Twinkle Twinkle Little Stars

Twinkle Twinkle Little Stars

4.28  ·  Rating details ·  76 Ratings  ·  9 Reviews
Gervase Phinn has collected together from his bestselling Dales books his favourite stories about children, and includes some poems from his popular Puffin poetry books.
Published January 13th 2009 by Michael Joseph (first published November 6th 2008)

To ask other readers questions about Twinkle Twinkle Little Stars, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Twinkle Twinkle Little Stars

Sep 23, 2016 rated it it was ok
This little book of anecdotes by Gervase Phinn was fairly amusing and I enjoyed the poems but it is not entirely that different from his Dales books.
Nov 16, 2012 rated it it was amazing
This book is absolutely hilarious. If you need a quick pick-me up, then this is the book for you. As each story is told in sections, you can pick it up at any time, read a few and be laughing out loud in minutes. The saying "out of the mouths of babes" is certainly true, and these stories reflect how children say things without any thought or consideration, with the funniest results. READ IT NOW!!
Apr 02, 2010 rated it it was amazing
A really wonderful pick-me-up of a book. I enjoyed 'A Wayne In A Manger' and 'Twinkle Twinkle Little Stars' is just as funny with some fabulous stories of the things that children say.

It's lovely to be reminded of just how innocent most little children are and the dryness of the Yorkshire humour that runs through the book.
Feb 10, 2009 rated it really liked it
Shelves: 2009
Some may say this writer is far fetched but for me he is an entertainment and gives great pleasure.What could we all learn from Mr Phinn? To shut up and listen.
Dec 13, 2014 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
A lovely little book celebrating the innocence of children.
Wilde Sky
Dec 13, 2013 rated it liked it
A school inspector recounts various anecdotes.

Amusing in places, but not as funny as ‘A Wayne in a Manager’ (by the same author).
Dec 15, 2015 rated it really liked it
I read this a couple of anecdotes at a time and I enjoyed it. It's light hearted and fun and you can't help laugh at the things kids say. It's a bit twee and small doses is the way to go.
Aug 13, 2011 rated it it was amazing
Recommends it for: anyone who needs some quick cheering up.
Shelves: favourite, humour
I loved this book! Enjoyable, funny and heart-warming. It takes you to an innocent world of children, full of fun and laughter. I devoured the book in an hour and had a smile on my face all day.
Jul 29, 2013
Mar 15, 2018
Dec 15, 2017
Apr 22, 2009
« previous 1 3 next »
Gervase Phinn (born 27 December 1946, Rotherham, South Yorkshire, England) is an English author and educator. After a career as a teacher he became a schools inspector and, latterly, Visiting Professor of Education at the University of Teesside. He has published five volumes of memoir, collections of poetry and a number of books about education. He has a particular interest in children's literatur ...more
More about Gervase Phinn...