Start by marking “Beau Pair (A Proper Education, #1)” as Want to Read:
Beau Pair (A Proper Education, #1)

Beau Pair (A Proper Education, #1)

He’s my teacher, I’m his student.
He’s my boss… I’m his daughter’s nanny.

Gordon is mature and experienced and I have a thing for silver foxes.
But I can’t let him know how I feel. Or show him in any way.

Problem is I’m falling in love.

How could I not when Gordon looks at me like I’m his biggest fantasy?
Or his worst nightmare. But which one is it? And does he feel the same w
Published October 16th 2020 by Rhys Writes Romance

To ask other readers questions about Beau Pair, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Beau Pair

Start your review of Beau Pair (A Proper Education, #1)
AL
Oct 16, 2020 rated it it was amazing
No angst, sweet, tropey and soooo hot!!!
You have age gap, boss / employee, teacher / student, an amazing design student and a bit of a grump of a business college professor. And, to top it all off - brillliant and witty writing style that will keep a smile on your face!
It was pure pleasure to read!!!!
Ali
Oct 14, 2020 rated it really liked it
Shelves: reviewed
This was a sweet story. Gordon and Beau try for a long time to ignore their attraction to each other until they can’t anymore. I enjoyed watching these two play off each other and the family they continue to build together. I do have to say that everything was just a little too perfect and they never really had any problems and then Beau quickly became a success when they started his business.

I received a copy of this book and am giving an honest review
Ed Davis
Oct 18, 2020 rated it did not like it
Why am I the only person who hates this book? It’s beyond boring. These guys are just creepy.DNF at 65%
ML
Oct 17, 2020 rated it really liked it
This was a low angst love-fest book. It was told in dual POV.
I loved the dynamic Beau and Gordon have.
It was a bit of insta love but it works.
It’s was super steamy and sexy.
The HEA was SO sweet too! ♥️♥️
*get that bonus epilogue!
Amy Stauffer
Wow, Mr. Everly. You brought out the big guns with this one. This book is a walking advertisement for sex positivity, and I fully support this.

I love when a book jumps right into the storyline, without buildup. That’s my preference, but can overlook it if it’s done right. How fortunate for me that Everly just jumps right in with this book! It was insta-attraction from the get go, and you could FEEL it through the pages. Wow. (Be prepared for me to say wow a lot) It was fun watching them dance a
Charles
Oct 11, 2020 rated it it was amazing
I received this book for free from Gay Romance Reviews in exchange for an honest review. This does not affect my opinion of the book or the content of my review.

I fell for Beau right away, is that normal? (Oh well!) His personality and the way he acts drew me in from the start. Plus he sounds really cute. He loves fashion and designing is plus he is going to college.

Then comes in Gordon, the silver fox. He too caught my attention and held it. He has a daughter with his lesbian best friend Dolly.
Amy Dufera
Oct 17, 2020 rated it really liked it
Rhys Everly's Beau Pair, the first book in A Proper Education series, is a great read.

As the title indicates, this is a manny romance, as Beau is hired by Gordan to be his nanny. But it's actually a double forbidden romance, between boss/employee, as well as teacher/student. Oh fun! There's instant attraction and a whole lot of awkward moments.

Their relationship is one of intense need and want, hot attraction, and some sexy times. And damn it's well done, combining heat, sweetness, and plenty
Linda
Little 👧Elsie gets a hot, young nanny and Daddy's thrilled!💦,

I found this romance both sweet and heavily steamy. The couple, much older professor Gordon and design student Beau, seem to fit seamlessly from the get-go when Gordon starts his search for a caregiver for his two year old daughter Elsie whose mother Dolly shares an amicable custody arrangement. Gordon and Beau are at it whenever, wherever, as long as Elsie's not in the vicinity. This story is heavy on the steam, more so I felt than th
Catherine
Shelves: arc-s
What happens when you get to the home you are interviewing for an au pair job in and are greeted at the door by a sexy silver fox? Well, if you are Beau Fleur you pop your eyes back in your head, try not to do anything embarrassing and wow the dad with your resumé and answers. However, when that sexy silver fox, who is also your employer, turns out to be your professor in your elective finance class things are about to get naughty quick. Or are they?? Beau and Gordon try their best to keep thing ...more
Amy
Oct 14, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Gordon is a college professor with a young daughter in need of a nanny. He finds the perfect one in the form of Beau, who just happens to be in one of his classes. The only problem is he finds something very distracting about the young man twenty years his junior. How does he keep his distance from his student? Not very well at all!!!! This story was very sweet. Unlike many stories about teacher/student pairings there wasn’t a lot of angst involved in this one. Once the pair realize they can’t f ...more
RACHEL REED
Oct 15, 2020 rated it really liked it
This is book 1 in A Proper Education series and can be read as a standalone.

Gordon needs a nanny for his daughter. He finds the perfect candidate for the job in Beau, who also happens to be one of his students.
But what he didn't expect to encounter was his sudden attraction to his daughter's manny.

Can Gordon and Beau fight their attraction for eachother despite working in close quarters or will their undeniable chemistry push them together?

This is a sweet opposites attract , age gap romance, low
Siobhan Flynn
Oct 19, 2020 rated it really liked it
An instalove with all the feels and slight daddy theme. Beau interviews for a manny job but is bowled over when Gordon the father is the man of his dreams. Gordon catches Beau in a compromising position and the fun starts there. Beau's best friend Zoe is a hoot and evens bags herself a woman of her own. I think this mish mash of a family really blended well together and there was no angst involving them at all. Beau and Gordon's deepest fantasies come to life and some are rather naughty but in t ...more
Sassy
I loved it!!!

This was such a great read. Beau and Gordon are such a treat to read that I know I will be doing a reread in the near future. I love it when characters tip toe around lust for each other and then BIP BAM BOOP their right there figuring it out together even with a little doubt mixed in because they won’t express it until something just pulls it out. With such an age gap it was understandable that they could have insecurities but when they finally figure it out hand in hand it makes s
Janet Hunt
Oct 17, 2020 rated it it was amazing
This was an amazingly sweet, fluffy read with a dose of sizzling steaminess!! Gordon is a college professor that needs an au pair for his 2-year-old daughter, Elsie. Beau is starting college and takes on the job of au pair for Gordon. Gordon is a sexy silver fox and Beau craves him. I loved the age gap romance. They have an immediate attraction and fight it. The characters were so very enjoyable, especially Zoe and Dolly. The story was well written with strong character development. I received a ...more
Mrs.V
Oct 12, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: arc
WOW! Steaming hot does not even begin to describe this book!
Really different from Rhys Everly’s usual IMO, but so, so worth it! This book has a maybe mismatched, but functional, very funny and loving enlarged family and enough heat to set my Kindle on fire!
Beau and Gordon are just perfect for each other, despite the significant age difference and all the other possible obstacles between them; they just click, and it’s perfect!
Triciagirl
Oct 15, 2020 rated it it was amazing
This is such a great book and I absolutely loved the characters. Beau moved to the ‘big city’ to pursue a degree to make his dream of being a fashion designer a reality. Gordon is a self made workaholic looking for a nanny for his little girl. The dynamic between Gordon and Beau and the other characters was outstanding and really made the story.

I received an advanced copy of this book for an honest review.
Audrey Pott
Oct 16, 2020 rated it it was amazing
An absolute delight. I love age gap storylines and Rhys writes them great, all characters were well defined, no angst, quirky Mama Hadlee, humour and so so sweet. Gordon, Beau and a loveable toddler in Elsie. Hot, steamy, sensual scenes I couldn’t get enough of.

I voluntarily reviewed an arc of this book for my honest opinions of which I’m under no obligation to do so. I definitely recommend this book.
Rachwithheadinabook
Oct 18, 2020 rated it really liked it
This is a sugary sweet, professor/student, employer/employee, roommates to lovers story, that is full of fluff and stuff, a Hallmark movie of a book, with little angst and plenty of heat, the perfect escape from stressful times.

There is so much steam in this book, never before has being measured for a suit been so hot, the way the family builds together is sweet and sincere, this is a book I would happily read time and again.
Jacquie Stewart
Oct 11, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Aww this was just so cute with a big blended family. Beau and Gordon were super sweet and it was amusing to watch them both deny their chemistry in the first half.
The heat was off the charts. Lots and lots of steamy scenes with a dash of humour and sweetness.
Low on angst and drama and exactly what I needed after some darker books
Tammy Jones
Oct 14, 2020 rated it it was amazing
This book had so much to fall in love with! Beau and Gordon had a sizzling attraction from the second they met and it only got hotter as the book progressed. The side characters were lovable as well and made the relationship between Beau and Gordon chaotic and filled with fun-loving adventure. This book had me laughing hysterically and fanning myself from how hot it got! Definitely a must-read!
E.Muddle
Oct 16, 2020 rated it really liked it
Full of tropey goodness, this is a great age-gap, teacher/student, low-angst, forbidden romance. It's a really cute and sweet story, with two guys who just fit together perfectly, and after trying to fight it, just fall into each other so naturally. There is so much love in this book, and it was the perfect feel-good pick me up. I look forward to reading the next in the series.
Masja
Oct 18, 2020 rated it really liked it
A sweet and lovely story!

I liked that we just got in the action! And noticed the chemistry between the characters immediately! They actually knew from the start and just tried to avoid it just because of their professional relations.
Enjoyed reading this angst-free story after reading some heavier stuff. And of course a happy ending! Thank you, Mr. Everly!
Lisa Klein
Oct 08, 2020 rated it it was amazing
This book is sizzling hot! It has everything you could for and more - age gap, professor & student, an adorable toddler, the best blended family, etc. This is a must read; I promise you won't be disappointed! ...more
Raven Immortas
Oct 11, 2020 rated it it was amazing
This is a cute story about a fashion student who needs a job and a professor who needs a nanny. Gordon and Beau and so sweet together. I love how it was written with a bit of a drawn out love and not a fully instant love. And you have to love the little monster. Such a great book. Check it out!
Lyndsay TC
Oct 13, 2020 rated it really liked it
A fun and light romance between Gordon and Beau that included a romance writing baby momma, a best friend aspiring to be a romance writer and a know-it-all southern Mama who loves everyone. A definite read if you need a break from reality with a side of some fun steamy scenes.
Katie Townsend
Oct 16, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Beau and gordan's journey was sweet adorable lovely beautiful and cute every word of this story was powerful meaningful and captivating i loved every word

I was so excited to see what was going to happen from one word till the next

Beau pair was such a amazing story and perfect
Dawn
Great Read

As book one in the series I was interested in this storyline. Beau and his silver fox Gordon are so much fun. I enjoyed there story. This is a teacher/ student and romancing the boss all in one great storyline. Hope there is more to come.
Stephanie
Oct 19, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Such a sweet story. Gordon and Beau are just so sweet together that it made me so happy. They had so chemistry together and they are just prefect for each other. I just absolutely love this no angst age gap story.
Jackie O'Donnell
Oct 19, 2020 rated it it was amazing
I loved this teacher/student romance. The characters were believable in this funny, lovable romance. This is an age gap romance, but no need to worry Rhy's writes Gordan and Beau so perfectly that you will not be able to stop reading this story until you read the end of the book.
Jeanine Beaulieu
Oct 19, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Love this book this nanny / student needed a place to stay and a job he found one with the delicious silver fox professor he looks at his nanny/ student and fall head over heals in love great book I read this book for this author for my honest review

Rhys writes gay romance. He has been writing since the tender age of 11 and hasn't really stopped since.

He publishes urban fantasy and paranormal romance under the pen name Rhys Lawless and contemporary sweet and steamy romances under Rhys Everly.

Rhys currently lives in London, UK with his husband and their 12-year-old puppy.

You can find out more about him and his works-in-progress by joining his

News & Interviews