Start by marking “Midnight Embers (Embers #2)” as Want to Read:
Midnight Embers (Embers #2)

Midnight Embers

(Embers #2)

Meghan has a secret.
It was a stolen moment with a man who trains at her gym.
But Henry isn't some random stranger. He's a friend. Her best friend’s ex.
And her ex-boyfriend’s twin brother…
It’s an impossible relationship, especially when she still has feelings for his twin.
Henry’s plagued by his indiscretion. It was a moment of weakness.
But the chemistry brewing between th
Kindle Edition
Published October 28th 2021

To ask other readers questions about Midnight Embers, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Midnight Embers

Start your review of Midnight Embers (Embers #2)
Lindsey Powell
Nov 10, 2021 rated it it was amazing
This is the first book I’ve read by L S Pullen and I absolutely loved it! The romance, the way their lives were intertwined, how the push and pull brought them back to one another. Fantastic. Five stars.
Can’t wait to read more by this author!
K. Moore
Oct 12, 2021 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: beta-read, romance
Midnight Embers, a romance novel, is Book Two in Pullen's Embers series and it doesn't disappoint. I beta read this book back in May and loved it. I've read all of the author's books and she just goes from strength to strength.

Midnight Embers is currently up for pre-order and releases Oct 28.

Genre: contemporary romance
Reading status: unedited beta read
Rating: 5 stars
A.D. McCammon
Oct 15, 2021 rated it it was amazing
This was soooo good. I’m a sucker for a good love triangle. It doesn’t get better than twin brothers falling for the same girl.
Jennifer Wilson
Oct 13, 2021 rated it it was amazing
I absolutely loved this book. It’s the second in this series, and it’s about Henry and Meghan. We first see them in Burning Embers, and their story is just amazing. Right from the start, you are hooked. And you fall in love with these characters. I was laughing, and at points it had me tearing up. You can tell the chemistry between Meghan and Henry. And while they fight their attraction, so they do end up hurting those they love, they finally give in. From page to page, you don’t want to put thi ...more
Lena
Oct 30, 2021 rated it it was amazing
Just like the first book in the series, Midnight Embers had me emotionally invested from the first chapter. Henry was my favorite character in the story. My heart truly went out to him and everything Meghan and Clara put him through. The death through me for a loop. I knew it was coming, but not the way I expected. Meghan really started to piss me off halfway through the book. The back and forth between Henry and Ethan just made things more messy. The situation was already crazy to begin with. H ...more
Kathleen Bradbury (Bulfon)
Nov 03, 2021 rated it it was amazing
Great storyline and character development made this book a hot and enjoyable read! I could not put it down it was that good!
Jo
Oct 28, 2021 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: favorites
I was really looking forward to reading Henry and Meghan's story. It was teased in Burning Embers and I really enjoyed seeing their story progress.
This tale takes place alongside Burning Embers, and I love seeing how the stories and characters inter twine, but you don't need to have read the first book to enjoy this one.
Henry and Meghan have been in each others lives since their teens and have kept their feeling about each other hidden well, but they soon realise that perhaps there is somethin
Indie
Oct 28, 2021 rated it it was amazing
loved it !!! love this series !!! love Henry... swoon... love Meghan ... sweet.... this is their story... a fast paced drama... Meg is still reeling from her break up with Ethan...and then it happened... with Henry, Ethan's twin and her best friend's ex... how could this happen ? it's twisted and forbidden... why does it feel so right ?
this is a heart breaking emotional story for both Meg and Henry... hurting the ones you love , just to be together with the one you love the most !!!

I received a
K
Oct 22, 2021 rated it it was amazing
I adored the first book of this series and anxiously anticipated the sequel. It was well worth the wait!
Henry and Meg's chemistry is off the charts, and while Reuben from Hearts of War is my ultimate favorite of Pullen's heroes, Henry might be 2nd place over Olly now!
It's not necessary to read the first book to enjoy this one, but you should just because it's so good. I always enjoy catching up with the characters in the Hearts series as well.

Can't wait for Forever Embers!
Deanna
Nov 30, 2021 rated it it was amazing
Henry and Megan wow

So if you are wanting swooning, dates and romantic moments this is not the book. If you want a page turning, twisted, angst, taboo this is for you. I wish Henry and Meg could have had more happy moments after they finally were able to be together. I actually loved Henry. He knew what he wanted and was actually ok with losing people so he could have it. I wish Meg would have had more back bone. All in all this book did have a happy ending. But from 1st page to almost end it was
Andrea
Oct 28, 2021 rated it really liked it
The way Meg acted with Ethan (the twin she was involved with in the first place) I wasn't sure if this was going to be a love triangle or not. I also had a bit of trouble getting the straight of the story as I hadn't read the first book. I kept going as the story was interesting and I liked the writing style. In the end, I was happy I finished. I liked Meg (even though she cried- a lot) and Henry was a nice BBF. Their chemistry was fire and I enjoyed how they let everything go to get their HEA.

I
Marnie Norton
Nov 09, 2021 rated it it was amazing
4.5✨ but rounded up as deserves it!! I was lucky enough to receive a digital ARC copy of Midnight Embers some weeks ago and only started reading Sunday eve. It’s now Tuesday morning and I’ve finished. I couldn’t put this book down. The balance of romance and angst is undeniably perfect. A great romance novel, my only issue was I wasn’t in a hot country laying on a beach reading it 🤣 it’s the perfect beach/holiday read with spice, lust and love!
Shanna D
Oct 25, 2021 rated it really liked it
Midnight Embers by LS Pullen. This is book 2 in the Embers series and can be read as a standalone although the characters from each story are interconnected. Meghan and Henry share more than just heated chemistry, there is no denying the feelings shared. But theirs is not an easy romance, it’s not only forbidden but slightly twisted as well. Not a lot of damaging drama, just enough to make things interesting. I enjoyed the author’s attention to detail, dual POV storytelling, charismatic setting, ...more
Anmarie
Oct 28, 2021 rated it really liked it
A good romance with characters that you can fall in love with.
The story flows well and there’s a few points where I was left tearing up or felt frustrated by the characters actions. A book that gives me those kinds of feels is certainly a good one!!
Natalie Roberts
Oct 19, 2021 rated it it was amazing
Review to come soon.
Katja
Oct 21, 2021 rated it really liked it
This was so good. It was great to get to know Meghan and Henry better. I liked them both because they were such a great characters. I liked that she was there for her friend and wanted to help her as much as she could. They have know each other some time because he is her ex-boyfriends twin brother. They tried to fight against their feelings because they didn't want to hurt anyone. Can't wait to read Ethan's book.

An ARC was provided in exhange for an honest review.
VMChick
Oct 04, 2021 rated it it was amazing
This is a whirlwind of a book! The love triangle between Henry, Ethan and Meg will keep you rooting for all three of them and I found their ending very satisfying. It’s also always nice to see the much loved characters from the author’s previous novels. L.S. Pullen has written another hot, steamy and compelling romance.
Sarah Speigle
Oct 20, 2021 rated it really liked it
This book was highly anticipated by me. After reading Burning Embers, and then learning that a sequel was in the works, I couldn't wait to read what L.S. Pullen had in store for us. I wasn't disappointed. Meghan and Henry's story was amazing, & so touching. They had such a sweet relationship, even after everything that they had been through. I loved how L.S. Pullen weaved in the fact that Meghan was still dealing with the breakup with Henry's twin, Ethan, and how that played into the story. I wa ...more
Crystal LoCicero
Nov 21, 2021 rated it liked it
Good story

Things I liked: the length of book, the h and H, the story.
I really did like that there was angst and confusion between the h and H due to the past relationships. I just feel like we never find out why the h was dumped in the 1st place. The kid thrown in the mix at the end was a bit rushed and we didn't get to see much interaction between the couple and the kid. I enjoy this authors stories and characters, but I really wish she'd do a great epilogue. I will probably read the next one.
Jeanne Richardson
Nov 07, 2021 rated it it was amazing
This is the 2nd book I've read written by L.S. Pullen; I can’t wait to read more of her books.

This is the 2nd book in the Embers Series; it is a stand-alone book. The story is about Meghan & Henry; they are friends, he’s her best friend’s ex and her ex’s twin brother. I loved the chemistry between them.

Dawnmarie Burke
Oct 29, 2021 rated it really liked it
We first meet Henry and Meghan in Burning Embers and now in Midnight Embers we get their story and oh what a story! They tried to do the right thing because they didn't want to hurt anyone but when you have chemistry like theirs you can only fight for so long. You definitely need to read this book and I'm looking forward to the next book in this AMAZING Series!

Mari Acosta
Dec 09, 2021 rated it it was amazing
Come on Meg...

While I absolutely love this particular author's writing style and all of the European touches (think vocabulary), I found myself repeatedly very annoyed with our female lead. She was exhausting at times. Overall though this was a great book and I will definitely be continuing the series.
Mary
Dec 11, 2021 rated it really liked it
What a tangled weave! This is the second story in the "Ember" series about Henry and Meghan. We first see them in the previous story. This is a great storyline with amazing characters. I love how this story develops and the connection between the characters. ...more
Owella
Oct 30, 2021 rated it it was amazing
I was so excited to read this book as we got a little hint in the first book of this series Burning Embers. What a love triangle! It is her best friends ex and her ex boyfriends TWIN brother! It was such a good story and I loved all the characters. There is lots of angst and push and pull. it definitely keeps you on your toes and turning the pages! Another excellent addition to the series and i need the next book!!!
alysha
Jess
Dec 19, 2021
Claire
Jan 09, 2022

• Three Bells, Two Bows and One Brother's Best Friend (Holiday Brothers, #2)
  • Hook, Line, Professor : A Professor/Student Forbidden Romance - #1
  • Dipped In Holly
  • The Naughty List
  • Detour
  • Ruthless Crown (Ruthless Royals #1)
  • Ruthless Queen (Ruthless Royals #2)
  • The Fall of a God (The Boys of Clermont Bay, #2)
  • Sold: Highest Bidder
  • Meet Me Under the Mistletoe
  • Make Me Lie (Rich Demons of Darkwood, #1)
  • Her Defenders (Fall Mountain Shifters, #2)
  • Until Brew
  • Break Free (Pacific Prep #4)
  • Beyond Vengeance
  • The Touch of a Villain (The Boys of Clermont Bay, #1)
  • Storm the Castle (Marry the Scot, #1)
  • A Ruin of Roses (Deliciously Dark Fairytales, #1)
L.S. Pullen, aka Leila, is an indie author, born and raised in North London; and now resides in Peterborough, England. No longer working the corporate life, she now writes full time. As well as running a small Etsy shop Wisteria Handmade Crafts. She also offers formatting for other indie authors via Indie Author’s Book Services.
When she’s not writing or reading, you’ll find her walking her adopted

Embers (4 books)
  • Burning Embers (Embers #1)
  • Forever Embers (Embers #3)
  • Cruel Embers (Embers, #4)

News & Interviews