Start by marking “Last One to Die” as Want to Read:
Last One to Die

Last One to Die

One of Us is Lying meets This Lie Will Kill You but with a chilling supernatural twist that will keep you guessing until the very end . . .

Young, brunette women are being attacked in the city of London.

16-year-old, Irish-born Niamh has just arrived for the summer, and quickly discovers that the girls being attacked look frighteningly similar to her.

Determined to make it th
Published January 7th 2021 by Scholastic

To ask other readers questions about Last One to Die, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Last One to Die

Start your review of Last One to Die
Ivana - Diary of Difference
Wishlist | Blog | Facebook | Twitter | Instagram | Ko-fi

Last One to Die by Cynthia Murphy is the first book I read this year, and my first 5 star as well. I am now confident that 2021 won’t be that bad. I knew I was going to enjoy it, I just didn’t expect to enjoy it this much. Huge thank you yo Kaleidoscope Tours and Scholastic Press, for sending me a copy of this book in exchange for my review.

Synopsis:

Niamh just moved to London, with the hope to pursue acting, meet friends and have fun. W
Enzo
Nov 24, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Ladies and gentlemen, i give you the thrill seeking read you have been waiting for to kick start your 2021! A book set-in present-day London in the first person.

The story follows Niamh who travels to London for a 6-week performing arts course and for a taste of the city life. On arrival to her accommodation, she meets her new friend and coincidental course colleague Sara. That very night, Niamh finds Sara bloodied up and murdered in her room. Niamh soon learns that this is going to be a life th
Steph
Dec 24, 2020 rated it it was amazing
My god. This is ALL KINDS OF CREEPY GOOD. It’s uneasy and it’s scary. It’s historical goodness, supernatural and brilliant. It’s compelling reading and ‘put it in the freezer’ good. Incredible characters, bloody excellently written and a really bloody good story. Loved this. Poor naive Naimh. I loved Derek. What a man. This ticks so many boxes for me and I’m gonna need more like this!
Amy McCaw
Dec 14, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Do you ever read a book that ticks off absolutely everything you want? I knew when I read the blurb of Last One to Die that I would love it, and it more than lived up to the hype!

It's been my quest since the 90s to find books that read like Point Horror. Last One to Die does exactly that but with a fresh and modern voice. I'm quite hard to scare and it got me on more than one occasion! The horror is balanced out with world building, characterisation and lighter moments.

The plot of the book is gr
Tess James-Mackey
Dec 21, 2020 rated it it was amazing
I absolutely flew through this book - perfect pacing and incredibly tense moments that refused to let me put it down between chapters! Such a fresh voice, and a protagonist that acted and sounded her age made the plot even more thrilling. The sort if book that would be perfect to read in one sitting on a long journey because it's that absorbing. ...more
Rachael Mills
Dec 16, 2020 rated it really liked it
Shelves: read-owned
A suspenseful and genuinely creepy contemporary YA thriller with a dash of the supernatural. Fast-paced and gripping from beginning to end.

*** Full review to come ***
Les McFarlane
Jan 10, 2021 rated it it was amazing
Niamh has saved long and hard to afford this place at drama summer school. A lot hangs on this experience, traveling from her rural, Irish home to the bright lights of London - a big and exciting risk that she hopes will be the first steps in her acting career. As Niamh checks into the halls of residence, the coolest girl she has ever met wants to be moved from her room as she doesn’t like being so high up. Niamh can’t see why it would do any harm to swap rooms.
Later, Niamh takes some papers do
Nicole Sweeney
Jan 03, 2021 rated it really liked it
Last One to Die is a fast paced and addictive tale that follows Niamh, a young Irish girl who can come to London for the Summer to study. She soon discovers that women are being attacked all around the city, women who look alarmingly like herself. As Niamh attempts to focus on her studies and her work placement at the sinister Victorian Museum, she soon discovers there might be even more to this serial attacker than she first thought.

Last One to Die is one of those books that sends a shiver up y
Ryan Lynch
Jan 12, 2021 rated it liked it
I would have rated this so much higher but the ending was honestly shocking. I’m still trying to process it... someone else please read so we can discuss? What the hell!
Dawn Crook
Jan 09, 2021 rated it it was amazing
Pacey, nail-biting, and all kinds of weird. I LOVED it!
Louise
Jan 11, 2021 rated it it was amazing
Brilliant debut, I thoroughly enjoyed it throughout. Loved point horror in my younger years and this was even better. Really looking forward to Head Girl.
Kevin McCaw

• The Girl Who...
  • The Boy I Am
  • Harrow Lake
  • After the Silence
  • The Lives of Saints (Grishaverse)
  • Malice in Underland (Malice's Adventures in Underland, #1)
  • The Orphans of St Halibut's
  • Good Girls Die First
  • Tinsel (The Girls Who Invented Christmas)
  • The Hollow Inside
  • Punching the Air
  • In the Same Boat
  • Daughters of a Dead Empire
  • Black Beauty
  • Just Like Me
  • The Last Bear
  • Witherward (Witherward, #1)
Cynthia is a YA writer from the North-West of England, though her ‘real job’ is in education.She has always enjoyed writing (this is the girl who looked forward to her English Language GCSE) and when her English teacher accused her of plagiarism in Year 8, she thought she might actually be quite good at it. Thanks, Miss Q.

She has a long-standing love affair with all things scary, reading Point Hor