Start by marking “Batman: Gotham by Gaslight The Deluxe Edition” as Want to Read:
Batman: Gotham by Gaslight The Deluxe Edition

Batman: Gotham by Gaslight The Deluxe Edition

In the Victorian era, an age of mystery and superstition, how would the people of Gotham react to a weird creature of the night, a bat-garbed vigilante feared by the guilty and the innocent alike?

Some would live in terror. Others would rest easier.

Only one man would take no notice at all...a man with other matters to attend to. His name? No one knows for sure. Most people
Kindle Edition
Published October 6th 2020

To ask other readers questions about Batman, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Batman

Start your review of Batman: Gotham by Gaslight The Deluxe Edition
Quentin Wallace
Apr 04, 2021 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
The five star rating applies to the main Gotham by Gaslight story, although the follow up, Master of the World, was great as well. The other issues included here weren't bad but just aren't the level of the main two.

The Gotham by Gaslight graphic novel featured some of the first Mike Mignola artwork in the style that he went on to become famous for. This alternate version of Batman facing Jack the Ripper was ahead of its time, and was one of the first (if not the first?) Elseworlds graphic novel
Ada
***after finishing***
The first two stories I could follow without knowing anything about the Batman universe but the 3th one... No idea. The last one was enjoyable but in the beginning I felt lost.

***before reading***
I'm not a big DC fan but I'm always happy to get into a fight to tell people Batman would totally kick Superman's arse.

So most of my comics on my shelf are actually from Marvel and looking at it right now I don't think I actually have.... Oh I do: Jonah Hex. What was I saying... Oh
Bernie Gourley
Apr 02, 2021 rated it really liked it
This volume collects five issues that [mostly] set Batman in a Victorian Era world. The issues do not present a serialized story arc, but rather four independent stories connected through world building.

The first two stories are the heart of the book, and the other two are of varying degrees of relevance and are used to round the volume out to book length. It should be pointed out that those first two issues make up about two-thirds of the book’s page count. The first, “Batman: Gotham by Gasl
Keenan
Apr 07, 2021 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: dc, batman
3.5 stars and referring only to the two main Gotham by Gaslight stories, it was a pretty decent Elseworlds read. I didn’t find it spectacular and I thought the main story was somewhat predictable, but overall it’s was entertaining. There are a couple of additional stories at the end that I didn’t find particularly interesting and I would not have read them had they not been included in the deluxe edition. For fans of alternate comic histories and Elseworlds tales, this is probably a must read.
James
Apr 08, 2021 rated it it was amazing
Batman: Gotham by Gaslight

Great book. Didn't get to read it when it first came out but glad to read it now, especially with the add stories. Good job.
Dustin
Apr 02, 2021 rated it really liked it
Shelves: comics
Really cool concept. I loved seeing Batman in the era of Jack The Ripper and the World’s Columbia’s Exposition.
Doctor Doom
Mar 24, 2021 rated it liked it
While the identity of Jack the Ripper was obvious from the beginning his motivation was somewhat of a surprise. The other tales included in this deluxe edition were kind of fun.
David Dekanozishvili
Main content - 3.5 Stars.

Additional content - 2 stars.
Steve John

• Alien: The Illustrated Story
  • The Resistance
  • Daredevil: Shadowland Omnibus
  • Akira, Vol. 2
  • H.P. Lovecraft #4 (Τέταρτο Βιβλίο)
  • Woman at Point Zero
Augustyn got his start in the industry in 1986 as an editor for Tru Studios' Trollords. He then edited Syphons and Speed Racer for NOW Comics in 1987. In 1988, he joined DC, starting out as a co-editor on Action Comics during its period as a weekly title.
During the late 1980s and early 1990s Augustyn was an editor for DC Comics, where he edited The Flash, Justice League and the Impact Comics line

News & Interviews

Ciannon Smart has been holed up in her England home since the pandemic began a year ago, but by no means has she been idle. She’s been on...