Start by marking “All Screwed Up” as Want to Read:

All Screwed Up

Griffin Caldwell can’t wait to make a fresh start: new job, new town, new house. He’s even realized the lifelong dream of owning his own home. Except when he arrives, nothing is what he expected, and Griffin’s celebration turns from triumphant to terrible.

Not only is his “cute bungalow” a derelict heap, it needs major remodeling work to be livable. And it turns out there’s
Kindle Edition, 1st edition, 255 pages
Published November 6th 2020

To ask other readers questions about All Screwed Up, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about All Screwed Up

Start your review of All Screwed Up
Kelsey Renae
Oct 29, 2020 rated it liked it
*** I received an eARC from the publisher in exchange for an honest review***

Overall this was a fun grumpy/sunshine romance that was filled with minimal drama and angst.

I enjoyed the connection and chemistry that was clearly displayed between the two main characters.

This story was a quick read that was filled with funny moments and is the perfect example of how opposite attracts.

I enjoyed this story and recommend it if you enjoy a funny and dramatically light romance.
Cadiva
Oct 28, 2020 rated it liked it
I liked this collaboration between Beth Bolden and Brittany Cournoyer because it was a relatively low angst and very sweet romance featuring two of my fave character types - the grumpy one and the sunshine one.

It's an interesting plot too, as the meet cute attraction awakening happens under less than pleasant circumstances when Griffin decides to take demolition into his own hands and really mucks it up.

David, his grumpy contractor, finds him in said circumstances and the spark fly even though t
True Loveislovereview
Nov 06, 2020 rated it really liked it
3.5 stars Griffin bought his dream house so he thought, not. It’s a ruin. No contractor in the neighborhood wants to help him rebuild the house but one, David.

David is a grumpy contractor without clients, the reviews about his attitude are killing.
When a guy calls him about a renovation he accepts without knowing what he accepted.

Well, David hates everything about Griffin, all his pointless questions, just stop talking!
Griffin has a thousand questions about his house, because duh it’s his house
Athira
Nov 12, 2020 rated it really liked it
Shelves: lgbtq
This was a cute an entertaining collab with little-to-no angst. A fun take on the grumpy/sunshine trope with lots of bickering between Griffin and David.

I loved the chemistry between them. Both of them are stubborn and I love how they grow throughout the book. Their first meeting is so far from meet-cute, it's hilarious.

If you love grumpy/sunshine, adorable kittens and are looking for a quick and cute read, I'd definitely recommend All Screwed Up.

*ARC provided by the authors via Gay Book Promot
Erin
Nov 12, 2020 rated it it was ok
Shelves: lgbtq, reviewed, romance
This wasn't terrible, but it wasn't amazing either. Pretty much like reading a rom-com, clichés included. Overall, a modern, low-stakes, "enemies"-to-lovers romance.
JenCW
Nov 13, 2020 rated it really liked it
Shelves: contemporary
4.25 Stars!

Griffin was so happy to move to a new town with a new job and the house he just bought; too bad he didn't check it out before buying it sight unseen. When he tries to find a contractor to help him fix the house, he finds himself getting turned down by everyone he calls. David is in a bind. He took over his father's business, but his stubbornness is losing him clients. Griffin's call comes at just the right time. They strike a deal, David fixes the house and Griffin writes a good revie
Xanthe
Nov 06, 2020 rated it really liked it
All Screwed Up is a fun, enemies to lovers story as Griffin moves to a new home in a new town and upon finding his new house to be a shambles, hires stubborn and surly contractor, David, to help him rebuild it. No one else in town was willing to take on the work so Griffin really needs David's help but David's business is currently suffering due to his lack of sociability and unwillingness to listen to what his customers want when he thinks he is in the right.
What unfolds is a battle of wills a
Jen
Nov 04, 2020 rated it liked it
Note: An ARC was provided by the authors.

This book was, for all intents and purposes, an entertaining M/M romance. It was a fairly quick read, but it was rather well-conceived and developed. It had lighthearted tone to it, with sprinklings of angst. Griffin and David had the expected back and forth happening, what with David getting frustrated with Griffin's questions and insistence in participating in the actual demolition and with Griffin calling David out on his rude behavior. The kittens wer
Sarita Chapdelaine
Nov 06, 2020 rated it liked it
Shelves: arc
This is a fun and entertaining story with intriguing characters and an interesting storyline. I really like Griffin and his determination to not give up on the wreck of a house that he bought sight unseen but it took me quite a while to warm up to David. They are sweet together, their chemistry is sizzling hot and I like how their relationship evolves but I wish that David was more invested in the beginning. When they rescue the kittens I love how we get to see a very different and tender side o ...more
Diane
Buying a house should be exciting.
Especially when it's something you've always dreamed of doing.

But here's a little advice...don't buy it sight unseen!

When a young man goes looking for a contractor to help make his new house a home, he discovers he might have bit off more than he can chew...and he more than met his match in the 'stubborn' department. But as they work together, plan together, and eat together...they learn that passion about houses is more than they have in common.

But who will giv
Sara
Nov 07, 2020 rated it liked it
Okay

All Screwed Up is an okay read for me. There’s some light enemies to lovers vibe but I think that’s mainly due to David’s personality. The kittens were an adorable touch. One thing I did think was there are some side comments about the shape and size of people’s bellies... I don’t think it’s necessary at all to comment on whether or not someone has a “beer belly” and I feel like I come across this often in MM romances. Or maybe I’ve just been reading a lot of them recently.
michaela ⚘
Nov 22, 2020 rated it liked it
Shelves: 2020, arc, m-m, soft
One man who with a disaster of a house, another with a grumpy attitude but who is his best chance at restoring said house...I adored this book. I have a soft spot for overly grumpy men in books who we slowly see melting. It's...an adorable sight to see. David proved that fact for me. It was sweet watching Griffin and David interact even from the beginning and the end result just was the cherry on top. I think All Screwed Up just landed itself on my list of comfort reads.

E.Muddle
Nov 05, 2020 rated it really liked it
This is a fun and humorous read with great banter and likeable characters, and not to mention, some adorably cute kittens! It's well-written and paced, and the connection between Griffin and David is intense and smoldering as sparks fly right from their first encounter. Overall, it delivers on exactly what you'd expect to get when reading the blurb - a relatively low angst story, with a sweet sunshine/grumpy romance.
Jacquie Stewart
Nov 11, 2020 rated it really liked it
Funny

I laughed a lot while reading this, although sometimes I questioned David's sanity with how much the angel and devil on his shoulder spoke to him. It got to be a little much and spoiled an otherwise perfect story
Tina K
Nov 17, 2020 marked it as dnf
Zero chemistry. Gave up at 56%.
Cristina Myers
Nov 15, 2020 rated it it was ok
Hum...what can I say? I didn’t feel the connection and struggled to get to the very end..but the cats were a nice touch.
Annie
Nov 06, 2020 rated it liked it
Shelves: m-m, arcs
All Screwed Up was a nice, lighter read which matched a grumpy contractor with a sunshine home owner. If you are looking for some banter, good heat, and lower angst, this is a great option.

I quite liked the remodel premise that drove the plot and the situation that brought these two together. Although there were some silly things that felt a bit over-the-top, it was fun and fit the lighter tone of the book. I enjoyed seeing Griffin pull David out of his gloomy, grumpy persona and liked how both
Larissa
Nov 10, 2020 rated it liked it
Shelves: reviews
In All Screwed Up, a standalone offering by Beth Bolden and Brittany Cournoyer, we are given a low-angst, light, enemies-to-lovers romance between two stubborn men at crossroads in their respective lives. Griffin moves to a new place for a new job where he knows no one, and arrives only to discover that the house he bought, sight unseen, is a dump. Completely inhabitable. So decayed and dilapidated that none of the contractors in town will take on the whole house remodel project. As a last resor ...more
Brianne McCallum
Jenn
Nov 13, 2020 rated it really liked it
I enjoyed this book, it’s pretty much a story of two stubborn but great guys who have to learn to put stubbornness aside to let love in! David and Griffin are really likeable and real characters, David certainly has the grump factor and Griffin is the dream chaser and together they are just adorable.

Griffin has made a big step in life, he moves to a new town, accepts a new job and buys a home, as is, sight unseen. As soon as he does see the house, he understands why he got the deal he did – it’s
Emily Hernandez
Nov 06, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Despite David's gruff exterior and Griffin's incessant questions, these two made such an adorable couple. Watching them stumble into love was so much fun, and I savored every sweet, sassy, and hilarious moment.

This romance is a classic "grumpy falls for sunshine" trope, with plenty of heartfelt moments and laughs. Griffin's impulsiveness got him into trouble so many times, but he never let those mishaps get him down. I loved how Griffin never took himself too seriously, and though he poured det
Amy Stauffer
Nov 13, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: lgbtqia-plus
I will admit it. I am a sucker for quick wit, snarky banter, and stubborn men. The fact that I married one says it all. The way these men snap at each other at first, you would think this was setting up to be an enemies to lovers story, but you’d be wrong. There was never any hate, just stubbornness, and it was fun to watch.

I am a huge fan of Beth Bolden and Brittany Cournoyer, and when I learned they were teaming up, I knew we were in for a treat. Their writing styles, and talents for telling
❤Sharonica-Logic❤
MMy Confessions Thoughts and Review:

David and Griffin… never were two guys more mismatched than these two. I must confess, it took me a while to find myself liking Griffin. Strange when David was supposed to be the dark cloud everyone stayed far away from. Maybe it was the fact that I have always rooted for the underdog, or maybe I found a lot of David in myself, I can’t be sure.

What I am sure of is that David’s patience and love for Griffin were truly the stuff we all read romanc
Anabela.M.
I think All Screwed Up is a book anyone would enjoy. Perfect for fans of enemies to lovers romance and amazingly written in an entertaining way.

Griffin and David met when the first desperately needed someone to help him renovate his newly acquired house. These two could have been the poster card for opposites, sunny and quirky Griffin next to grumpy, brusque David - and I found them delightful. From the first seconds in the same space, sparks flew. They seemed to know what buttons to push to mak
Amy Dufera
Nov 12, 2020 rated it really liked it
All Screwed Up is a sweet and tender romance by Beth Bolden and Brittany Cournoyer.

This enemies to lovers tale is full of two men who need to overcome their stubbornness. They butt heads and need to learn to communicate and find a balance. It's all a fun read.

And, dear lord, if you enjoy unique meet cutes, this one definitely has that! I know I'll never forget it.

David and Griffin end up falling for one another without even meaning to. If you enjoy an emotional slow burn, you will enjoy this
E.
Nov 13, 2020 rated it liked it

"All Screwed Up" by Beth Bolden and Brittany Cournoyer follows Griffin Caldwell as he copes with the challenges of relocating to a new town, new job, and new home. Unfortunately, the new home is not at all a dream home, and the only hope Griffin has for rescue is a grumpy and opinionated contractor, David Webber. Each man will have to discover whether they can compromise enough to establish a working relationship, let alone anything more.

This adult contemporary gay romance is a light
LJ Henley
Oct 27, 2020 rated it it was amazing
All Screwed Up is a well built, feel good story. Beth Bolden and Brittany Cournoyer are a gifted writing team that corroborated to write this book. Griffin has got a new job as a pet store manager and bought a house, trusting the online pictures, in a town far from his family and friends. He's so excited once he gets into town, only to discover that the pictures of his new cottage weren't quite truthful. His new house is practically falling down and he calls different contractors to come give hi ...more
Tina
Nov 17, 2020 rated it it was amazing
All Screwed up by authors, Beth Bolden and Brittany Cournoyer is a sweet read. This one just made me smile as I read it. This story is told in dual POV and it works beautifully for this story.

Griffin seems to mess up his life a lot. He bought a house sight unseen moved to the town, to find the house he got is the worst possible mess he could have ever bought. No contractor in town will touch it.

He wants to prove to himself that he can follow through with what he decides to do. He is sassy, kind,
Mel Bradley
Nov 19, 2020 rated it liked it
3 Stars… Good premise, so-so delivery.
I enjoy both of these authors, but this story was almost a miss for me. The premise was interesting – a grumpy contractor who lands a job from a new-to-town guy who bought a house unseen that was falling apart. The two fall in love while fixing up the house together.

But that’s really the only thing that worked. There was no sparks between them. There was a *super weird and annoying* ongoing “devil and angel” conversation going on in David’s head that felt im
RandomHeart
Oct 25, 2020 rated it really liked it
This book was a fun and sweet read with some steam thrown in!

Griffin has made the mistake of buying a home sight unseen when he moves three hours away from his home ready to start a new job and a new life in his new home boy did he make an error in judgement! Deciding that with the help of a trust fund left to him he will just have to fix up the trash heap of a home. Looking high and low for a contractor willing to take on the job.
David has a problem of his own, the contracting business his
« previous 1 3 next »

• Liars (Licking Thicket, #2)
  • Tempt Me (Tattoos and Temptation, #5)
  • Catch Me (Tattoos and Temptation, #4)
  • Topping the Jock (Blue Harbor #1)
  • The Happy List (Better With You, #1)
  • Gideon (Boyfriend For Hire, #3)
  • Naughty & Nice
  • Griff's Place (Havenwood #4)
  • Midnight Ash
  • Saxon's Savior (Protect and Serve, #3)
  • First (99 Daddies, #1)
  • The Sex Coach
  • Bad Habits (Wages of Sin #1)
  • Free Me (Tattoos and Temptation, #3)
  • Faking a Groom (Marital Bliss, #3)
  • Companion Required
  • Sea Kissed
  • Hard Ink (Get Ink'd #4)
A lifelong Oregonian, Beth Bolden has just recently moved to North Carolina with her supportive husband and their sweet kitten, Earl Grey. Beth still believes in Keeping Portland Weird, and intends to be just as weird in Raleigh.

Beth has been writing practically since she learned the alphabet. Unfortunately, her first foray into novel writing, titled Big Bear with Sparkly Earrings, wasn’t a bestse

News & Interviews