Start by marking “Gantz/3” as Want to Read:
Gantz/3

Gantz/3

(Gantz #3)

Nada más volver Kurono y los demás a su vida normal después de la terrible lucha contra el cebollense, Gantz empieza a reunir más y más muertos. Entre ellos, unos moteros que han cañido en una emboscada, una abuela y su nieto muertos en un accidente, Hôjô y Sadako... Por otro lado, tenemos a Nishi, que se pasa los días disfrutando del dudoso y desviado placer de matar a ...more
Paperback, Colección Seinen Manga, 226 pages
Published February 28th 2003 by Ediciones Glénat España (first published June 19th 2001)

To ask other readers questions about Gantz/3, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Gantz/3

Start your review of Gantz/3
James DeSantis
Jun 04, 2017 rated it liked it
Gantz is a interesting series throughout. Volume 3 is probably one of the weaker volumes yet it still contains some awesome moments. Kei and crew made it and they're trying to adjust to normal life again. It's not easy and nothing seems right but they try their best. That's when Kei's crush wants to live with him as a...pet! You guessed. Welcome to Japan. Also a new game is about to begin at the end that starts to really get this series going again.

What I liked: Kei is a dumbass. He is rude, he
Baal Of
Three days and as many volumes. This one is mostly a bunch of lame teenage angst, and embarrassingly sexist behavior from the male characters. It doesn't get good until the last couple chapters when Gantz is back in the picture.
I have been dodging the problematic treatment of women in this series, which numerous other reviewers have written about in spades. And I'm going to continue to do so, because this review was about to get way too confessional. Let's just say that as a feminist, this
Leslie
Feb 05, 2015 rated it it was ok
This was almost a DNF volume for me. Without the excitement of Gantz and the game, we are left with the horny, hapless adolescent life of Kei. Needless to say his teenage drama did not an engaging read make. The story of the bullies and the pseudo love triangle of Kei, Kato, and Naked Suicide Girl where just not interesting. Also, the disgusting fan service got kicked up to 11 when the only female in the series decided to become the pet.of the perpetually, disgustingly horny Kei. Although I want ...more
توفيق عبد الرحيم
Oct 14, 2017 rated it really liked it
Shelves: manga
this manga is so cool it deals with the protagonists normal life and ofc the incredible action and utterly and absolutely sexy and i have take a few peeks at some advanced volumes and the action is going to only get better and i am actually waiting for the turning point in the action to give it the whole five stars.
Thurman
Michael Sorbello
Jan 03, 2020 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
> This is a review of the entire series.

I almost gave up on Gantz several times, but now that I've read it all the way to the end, I'm glad I stuck with it. The beginning is dragged down by repulsive and unlikable characters, a messily paced story, unnecessary sexualization and gratuitous violence without much substance. As it progresses, however, the character development becomes pretty incredible and the growing threat of the enemies feels truly well done. Once the real enemies are
Sid Yusma
Sep 26, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: manga-manhwa
While I'm liking the mystery surrounding Kei and Kato's deaths and the overall idea of Gantz, there was just way too much nudity in this volume. I'm all for mature ratings, but there is literally the same nude girl practically every chapter or chapter page, which took away from everything. Right now, to me, she's useless besides being a damsel and the meaning of her duplicate. I hope the next volume is more action related. I like giving any genre of mangas a chance if it has a good story, but ...more
Peter Barr
These read so fast that they are almost over as soon as you begin. The main characters live in a world of youth violence. They were also transported to a world of alien violence. The art and story is pretty good but is hard to explain without giving away the story.
Ines Gracia
Jul 25, 2018 rated it it was ok
Shelves: 2018, not-my-type, graphic
This is degrading.
Annie
Nov 24, 2018 rated it it was ok
Im not a fan of their "normal" life so it took me long to finish this volume. ...more
Samantha Eck
Feb 07, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: manga
I REALLY liked this one...it was hilarious at times and totally entertaining. I'm hoping they stay this way because it's great!
Mia Kay
Mar 10, 2018 rated it really liked it
welp. its dystopian but more darker and gruesome.
Kassilem
Oct 19, 2019 rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
Okay... this was a bit weird. The story is unique but I can't say I enjoyed it. It was just... weird :( I can't think of any other way to put it. All the same however, it does pull you in. I kept reading for three volumes because I had a urge to see what happened. But I'm not really enjoying it at the same time. That doesn't make sense I know, and it's confusing me too so I decided I'd stop at volume three and move on to something else. :)
Jen
Mar 30, 2016 rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: dnf
DNF- I came here for the aliens and tripped out sci-fi and all I got was this crappy pile of sexist gibberish and male angst.

Annnnnd this is where I jump off the Gantz train and throw myself under the wheels of the NOPE train instead. And with any luck I'll wake up tomorrow morning as if the last thirty minutes of boob and angst infested trash never happened. Being a fan of the live action films (which you SHOULD totally watch - five stars), and having never seen the anime (I think there is an
MissAnnThrope
01 March 2013

Boobs. Boobs. And wait for it... more boobs. Gantz, Vol. 3 is a pre-pubescent boy's wet dream. There isn't a heck of a lot going on in this volume, so perhaps Hiroya Oku is trying to distract the reader from zoning out by slapping ginormous boobs on every page. The gratuitous shower scene is redonkulous.

I take back what I said in my last review about Kei Kurono seeming to not be so bad. This guy is so sukebe! He's pretty much a walking hard-on. On the other hand, I am liking Kato
Alexander Engel-Hodgkinson
The first half of this volume is more-or-less a hit-or-miss. Not much happens in Vol. 3. The two Keis reunite, with Suicide Kei proposing to become Train Kei's pet, for some strange reason. I get that she needs a place to stay, since she's now just a copy of herself while the real thing lives at her house, but I don't see why going the whole nine yards to 'pet' status for a hopelessly horny fifteen-year-old is necessary when all she could have asked is, "Can I crash at your place for the night?" ...more
Logan Simpson
Dec 20, 2015 rated it liked it
Shelves: manga
Kei, Kishimoto, and Kato have all went back to living their lives in the real world. Kei uses the suit from Gantz to stop a bully, which was actually pretty cool. I still feel like the author relies waaayyyy too much on Kishimoto and sex appeal in this series. By the end of the volume, Kei, Kishimoto, and Kato are all back in the Gantz world, along with the other survivor, Nishi (who I still find very creepy) along with many new players, among them being a grandmother and her grandson. I'm kind ...more
EroMaru
Jan 18, 2014 rated it liked it
Kishimoto is beyond annoying, but so is Kato. Kishimoto is so lucky to have a second chance at life since her old one sucked so bad she killed her self (am i right)? ? ? She must be pretty desperate to run to Kurono's house for living arrangements, and expect to be treated as a pet. Hello?? She should know that he is a giant perv (as are most teenage boys.

I can't imagine dying and having someone tell me I'm going to on an alien hunt I would laugh until it hurt and then just cry when I found out
Angel
I continue enjoying this series. This volume does explain a few things, so if you were a bit lost from the first two, this volume may help settle things down. It will also get you hooked into looking for the next volume. There is a new group pulled in by the mysterious Gantz to hunt the onion aliens. However, some of the previous participants, who thought they were now off the hook, have been pulled back in as well. Is no one safe?
Noran Miss Pumkin
Dec 16, 2008 rated it really liked it
Recommends it for: adult manga reader 21+
Recommended to Noran by: myself
this volume really explained more and helped move the plot line along nicely. The last volume left me wondering WHAT!?!??!? This explained much and now has me hooked for the next couple volumes. glad i did not give you on it. This is adult fair--nudity and violent. I read it for the unique story line. Shojo gets boring when you are 47--This is Sci-fi meets shojo. A wild ride. Looks like new figures join up, for some do not make it .........
Kevin
This volume really confused me. It could just be that it's been so long since I read volume 2, but I felt like this part of the story was disjointed. It was also quite boring, in my opinion. There just wasn't much action. I can see where it's progressing though and I'm still completely interested. The sexuality is overt but it doesn't seem to detract from the story. I'm hoping I enjoy the next few volumes a lot more than this one, though.
Nick
Jul 02, 2011 rated it liked it
Shelves: sci-fi, comics, japan
i can see why i liked this when i was 15. The sexuality is... japanese, and the in-between-battles bits are slightly dull. However those segments get better as I recall, and its totally worth seeing the "aliens" in combat anyways.
Samantha wickedshizuku Tolleson
Apr 19, 2009 rated it it was amazing
Recommends it for: NC-17 manga fans
Recommended to Samantha wickedshizuku by: the anime
Shelves: manga, reviewed, male-lead
Honestly this is disgustingly brutal. Detailed art, and an intense storyline to go along with it. Think GTA meeting Aliens; then having a illegitimate lovechild calling it Gantz! Read with care. My ratings for my kid's is that they can read it when they're oh never...
Lapsus Linguae
Feb 26, 2016 rated it it was ok
Shelves: comics, abandoned
Many readers call this chapter simply a low point, but it was too much for me with the two dumb Keis. Constant sexual objectification of women throughout the manga is not as much offensive as stupid. Too stupid for me.
Morbus Iff
Jan 08, 2012 rated it liked it
Shelves: manga
I'll keep reading 'em, but mostly out of bland M-rated curiosity.
bakanekonomama
Nov 09, 2012 rated it liked it
The game has started again
Diana Lynn
Jan 19, 2015 rated it liked it
Shelves: manga
Intense. Going into the second Gantz game now and this one was super good in the anime so I'm excited for the next volume.
Pari
Jan 23, 2019 rated it it was amazing
nice!!
Koen Claeys
Sep 06, 2013 rated it liked it
More violence and nudity, this manga series reads like a guilty pleasure.

• 東京喰種トーキョーグール 14 [Tokyo Guru 14] (Tokyo Ghoul, #14)
  • 東京喰種トーキョーグール 13 [Tokyo Guru 13] (Tokyo Ghoul, #13)
  • 王様ゲーム 1 (Ousama Game, #1)
  • 東京喰種トーキョーグール 12 [Tokyo Guru 12] (Tokyo Ghoul, #12)
  • Noise
  • Battle Royale, Vol. 07 (Battle Royale, #7)
  • I Am a Hero Omnibus, Volume 3 (I am a Hero Omnibus, #3)
  • Crossed, Vol. 1
  • ONE PIECE 95 (One Piece, #95)
  • 東京喰種トーキョーグール 10 [Tokyo Guru 10] (Tokyo Ghoul, #10)
  • ONE PIECE 94 (One Piece, #94)
  • Berserk, Vol. 31
  • 東京喰種トーキョーグール 11 [Tokyo Guru 11] (Tokyo Ghoul, #11)
  • 東京喰種トーキョーグール 9 [Tokyo Guru 9] (Tokyo Ghoul, #9)
  • Claymore, Vol. 4: Marked for the Death (Claymore, #4)
  • I Am a Hero Omnibus, Volume 4 (I am a Hero Omnibus, #4)
  • Berserk, Vol. 30
  • I Am a Hero Omnibus, Volume 5 (I am a Hero Omnibus, #5)
Hiroya Oku (奥 浩哉 Oku Hiroya, born September 16, 1967 in Fukuoka, Fukuoka) is a mangaka who is the creator of Gantz, Zero-One and HEN, all of which have been serialized in Young Jump. He has finished working on his most renowned manga, Gantz, which began in July 2000. His manga often contain explicit violence and gore, as well as sexual situations.

He won the second prize of the Youth Manga Awards

Gantz (1 - 10 of 37 books)
  • Gantz/1