Start by marking “A Very Perry Christmas (The Perrys, #1)” as Want to Read:
A Very Perry Christmas (The Perrys, #1)

A Very Perry Christmas (The Perrys, #1)

Gwen's Christmas with the Perrys is turning into a holiday to remember...for all the wrong reasons.

Hot chocolate by the fire. Christmas carols. Stolen kisses in the snow. When Gwen's boyfriend Evan invites her to spend Christmas with his family, she pictures a perfect Hallmark holiday scene, complete with all the happy sighs and swoons.

But between Evan's brother who sche
Published November 16th 2020 by Marie Landry

To ask other readers questions about A Very Perry Christmas, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about A Very Perry Christmas

Start your review of A Very Perry Christmas (The Perrys, #1)
Dana
Dec 06, 2020 rated it it was amazing
A feel good holiday romance!

I adored Gwen and Evans relationship. It put a smile on my face :) So nice to read a book where the main characters are already in love and have a healthy relationship. Very heartwarming. And for those of you who enjoy a bit of steam there's a little bit of that too ;)

A truly wonderful set of characters in the Perry family. I had several laugh out loud moments - especially during their family game night and a term that was used, HA!

I will forever and always love a re
☕️Kimberly
Nov 20, 2020 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
A Very Perry Christmas by Marie Landry delivered a delightful romance and family story as Evan takes his girl to meet his siblings for a week of Perry Christmas. Heartfelt, festive and swoon-worthy readers will want to snuggle up with A Very Perry Christmas.

Evan and his siblings lost their parents young, and in fact Jasper the oldest helped raise the youngest. Each year they get together at a snowy rental and celebrate the season with each other. It’s filled with tradition, squabbles, tight sche
Rachel McMillan
Nov 16, 2020 rated it really liked it
A winsome and warm holiday romance that features family and romance. Sinking into A Very Perry Christmas is like wrapping your hands around a warm mug of cocoa. Not only did I smile throughout, it made me extra excited that it opened up the possibilities for more romances within the same characters and world.

I love Jasper!
mrsljgibbs
Nov 17, 2020 rated it it was amazing
I would just like to say a big thank you to the Author for forwarding me a copy of this book, in return for an honest review.
Reading this book was like getting a great big Christmassy hug - I loved it!!
Gwen and Evan were a wonderful couple and I loved how they were already a couple and we didn’t have to go through all the will they won’t they scenario.
This was everything that I want from a Christmas story and it kept me hooked right through until the end.
I cannot wait to read more about the Perr
Natalie {booksandbakeryfinds}
A warm and wonderful, quick and cute holiday read to get you into the spirit of the season. Highly recommend this one...and I sincerely hope there will be a sequel that follows.
Toronto Bibliophile
Nov 28, 2020 rated it really liked it
finished reading A VERY PERRY CHRISTMAS by Marie Landry, and eating my whole advent calendar 📅 just in time for December 1st.

This novella reminded me of a cup of chai tea, which always tastes like Christmas in a cup! This is a quick read for those looking for a taste of Christmas.

It's Gwen's first year spending Christmas with her boyfriend Evan's siblings at a picturesque cabin. While she was hoping for a Hallmark holiday, she ends up walking into a nightmare before Christmas. Siblings at odds
Jaimie Admans
Nov 15, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Pure Christmas Joy!

Marie Landry has been one of my favourite authors for seven years now, and this book is exactly why! This was an absolute joy to read! Laugh-out-loud funny right the way through. I couldn't stop smiling at all while reading it! And the ending left me with a big happy sigh and a few happy tears!

I loved that we start this book with a couple already in a relationship - it made a refreshing change, and I adored the relationship between Evan and Gwen. Their love for each other leap
Krystal (dog_eared_bookworm)
Dec 22, 2021 rated it it was amazing
I loved it! This book was super sweet, and funny, and real. Family, close or not, can be messy.

I found the characters to be super relatable. I saw a little of myself in nearly all of them. Not a single one is perfect, but they’re all perfectly imperfect; they’re all human!
And the sibling bickering… I have 3 younger sisters, I get it. And boy did she depict it accurately lol

And the holiday traditions?! I’m here for all of it!! At one point I stopped reading to tell my husband that it felt lik
Rachael
Dec 28, 2020 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Short and sweet! The perfect pallet cleanser, and a nice way to taper off the holiday season. Can’t wait for the next Perry novel.
Aymie
Dec 25, 2020 rated it really liked it
Shelves: buddy-reads
Awww too cute.
Gwen and Evans relationship is goals.
Love all the different family dynamics! It's always an interesting time meeting the family for the first time.
This was a nice quick Christmas love story that filled my little heart.
Dawn
Dec 04, 2020 rated it it was amazing
This is the first book I’ve read by this author but I can promise it won’t be my last. This Christmas novella is short, sweet and something just a little bit different. While yes, it has a love story at the heart of it, there’s no “will they/won’t they” as the couple in question are already together at the start of the book and their relationship doesn’t go through any of the stereotypical “angst” you might expect to find in a festive read. Instead the novella focuses on the relationships betwee ...more
Heather W
Nov 13, 2020 rated it it was amazing
I loved this Christmas romantic comedy. It was so much fun to read that it will be on my TBR-again list for each year. The characters are well depicted and realistic. It has a dysfunctional family, Christmas festivities, some drama, and a sweet romance.

Melissa (YA Book Shelf)
This was a cute Christmas story that wasn't quite what I expected when I picked it up in advance of my book club meeting this coming Monday. I expected a holiday rom-com. However, it’s more in keeping with the holiday movie, The Family Stone minus the not-cut -out-for-the-boyfriend’s-family and not-a-business-woman aspects with plenty of quirky family members and lots of drama.

Gwen met Evan a little less than a year ago on New Year’s Eve, and it was live at first sight. They were immediately in
Tina
Dec 31, 2020 rated it it was amazing
RIGHT OFF THE HOP:

This story gave me allllll the feels for the holidays.

🍷 family’s love/hate relatability
🎄friendships that develop among both siblings and new additions
🎁 nerves of meeting a new family because of a significant other
🎅🏼 tension of having something on your mind and beating around the bush before taking about it
🤶🏼 the incredible joy of the season
🕊 feelings of loss while reminiscing about members who have passed...

If you can’t imagine that ALL THIS was so eloquently wrapped into an
Shannon
Dec 05, 2021 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This was a really fun, feel good, big-hearted Canadian family Christmas novella. It gave me all the feels, made me laugh and had me reminiscing about my own family holiday traditions. Think of a cross between Party of Five and The Gilmore Girls but at Christmas. I’m excited to read more about the Perry clan in the author’s other books!
Molli Moran
Dec 07, 2020 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Heartwarming and cute

Gwen and Evan were such a sweet couple! This novella is full of heart and humor with a strained family dynamic as the backdrop for character growth. Very quick and adorable read with a lovely romance.
Bee
Nov 10, 2020 rated it it was amazing
This is exactly what I dream of in a Christmas story! None of that technically it’s winter and we mentioned Christmas once so we will advertise it as Christmas nonsense!

Fun characters, a little family drama, plenty of twinkle lights, snow and an abundance of Christmas! This will be one I read every year !
Sharon
Dec 15, 2020 rated it really liked it
Cute holiday read, had a While You Were Sleeping/The Family Stone feel to it for me. I enjoyed all the characters, it was a fun easy read for Christmas!❤️
grim_reads
Dec 28, 2020 rated it really liked it
This book was a quick, fun Christmas book.
Em_Mc_D
Jan 02, 2021 rated it really liked it
Shelves: 2021-read
Cute short story with lots of family drama!
Jojo
Dec 22, 2021 rated it it was amazing
Loved this Christmas novella.
Cassandra Martin
Dec 11, 2020 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Cute Holiday Novella

Adorable holiday novella, centered around a group of siblings. I love that we meet the two main characters after they’ve already settled into their relationship. This is the part we don’t usually get to see in romance novels, and it just gave me this warm and fuzzy feeling. Now I’m eagerly awaiting Jasper’s book!

This was a very sweet, no angst and quick read. Perfect for the holidays!
Jenn (Jenn’s Bookshelf)
4.5/5⭐️
This book!! It packs such a huge amount of heart into a small amount of pages - and I adored it so much 💛💛
Alex ALEXATTHELAKE
Dec 14, 2020 rated it really liked it
Short and sweet - this book was exactly what I needed for a quick Christmas read. Suggested to me by many friends on bookstagram, I figured why not read it for a buddy read. I loved the relationship between Gwen and Evan and I thoroughly enjoyed watching the Perry family dynamics shift and grow throughout the book. I do wish it had been a touch longer, as I was just starting to get super invested in the characters, only to have it end. It had the perfect level of steam, as well! I'm very much lo ...more
Sabrina (AudreyHepburnOfBooks)
Dec 27, 2020 rated it really liked it
I started this one this morning and can’t seem to put it down. This is totally one you can relate to. I know I’ve been in Gwen’s situation and I’m laughing at the hilarity of the situation.

With only 121 pages, squeeze this one in. You’ll enjoy it. This is definitely a holiday to remember ...
Tammy (tales.of.tammy)
Oct 29, 2020 rated it it was amazing
I honestly don’t think I have enough words to explain how much I loved this story! I absolutely LOVE the Perry family! They are such a wide array of characters and personalities, and they are such a mess, it’s great! Like most families, though, they’re there when it matters and it’s so sweet! I definitely have a book boyfriend crush on Jasper!!!

I cannot tell you how many times I laughed in this book. Marie’s sense of humour was quite obvious in this story and I love it! I am so excited to read m
Tabassum Irin (whatirinreads)
A Very Perry Christmas is the perfect book to cozy up to on a lazy day, with a cup of coffee by your side. Reading this book was a joy through and through! 💙

It was refreshing to read a book where the couple was already head over heels in each other, instead of seeing them navigate their way through a new relationship. Gwen and Evan were so swoon-worthy and dreamy, I literally cheered for them on every single page 😂 I loved how Gwen helped bring Evan's siblings together and stronger as a family.
Brenda Brown
Apr 14, 2021 rated it it was amazing
How did I never review this??? A huge oversight on my part. I LOVED this book. I loved Gwen and Evan and the entire Perry family. It was swoony and funny and had all of the elements of a perfect Christmas romance

I can't wait to read the next book in this series!
Marie

"A Very Perry Christmas is a brilliant Christmas read - warm, joyful, and laugh-out-loud funny! A festive triumph over the worries of 2020!" ~ Jaimie Admans, romcom author

Ahh, those worries of 2020. They've been plentiful, haven't they? Because of that, I wanted to spread a little joy and laughter. A Very Perry Christmas is sweet, romantic, funny, and steamy, and it's out now! I hope you'll spend a bit of time with the eclectic and eccentric Perry clan this holiday season, and

Meenu Annadurai
Nov 16, 2020 rated it really liked it
Shelves: review-copy
Review

A Very Perry Christmas is the newly released book of Marie Landry for this Christmas season. There are a few authors whose words will bring the setting and the mood of the book live in front of our eyes in no time and Marie Landry is undoubtedly one such author.

A Very Perry Christmas is a very short and fulfilling read that brings immense happiness and tear of joy to the readers. With Christmas just a month away reading these kind of typical Christmas based books is a total bliss. The whol
« previous 1 3 next »

• Troubles in Paradise (Paradise, #3)
  • The Certainty of Chance
  • Lucky
  • Never Coming Home
  • The Christmas Sisters
  • Cemetery Boys (Cemetery Boys, #1)
  • Trophy Hunt (Joe Pickett, #4)
  • Christmas at Little Beach Street Bakery (Little Beach Street Bakery #3)
  • Jazz: YA Romantic Suspense Aladdin Retelling (Happily After When Book 1)
  • The Shape of Mercy
  • Where Dreams Descend (Kingdom of Cards, #1)
  • Fable (Fable, #1)
  • The Hunted
  • Ruthless (Black Mountain Academy)
  • A Christmas to Remember
  • Shadows (Bayou Magic #1)
  • Dead as a Doornail (Sookie Stackhouse, #5)
  • The Existence Of Amy
See top shelves…
Stay up to date with new releases, sales, promos, and other news by signing up for Marie's newsletter and be sure to follow her on BookBub so you never miss a new release!

Marie Landry’s life revolves around books; when she’s not writing them, she’s reading them, taking pictures of them for bookstagram, or blogging about them. An avid reader from a young age, she loves getting lost in characters’ w