Start by marking “Matilda's Wish” as Want to Read:
Matilda's Wish

Matilda's Wish

ebook
Published May 4th 2021 by Beth Prentice

To ask other readers questions about Matilda's Wish, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Matilda's Wish

Start your review of Matilda's Wish
Helen
Feb 01, 2021 rated it it was amazing
Beth Prentice knows how to write a story that is filled with laughter, good fun and of course a romance to make you smile, throw in a little danger, a secret, not to mention a few animals with problems and this one is a page turner. Fabulous characters they are so easy to love and be friends with, a small town and a farm called Dun-Roamin makes this a must read.

Tilly Lockhart has not had much luck so far in life, her adored cupcake shop has just closed down and things are not looking good when s
Beth
Oct 04, 2020 is currently reading it  ·  (Review from the author)
PRE ORDER now available: https://tinyurl.com/y2vyvpvv

We have a blurb!

Keep your wishes close . . . and your secrets closer.

Tilly Lockhart’s beloved cupcake business is sinking faster than a bad souffle. She’s out of luck and up to her eyeballs in debt.
Then she inherits a farm from her great aunt Matilda—a woman she never knew existed. But there’s one catch—Tilly must spend one year on her aunt’s farm Dun Roamin’ before she can sell up and save her flailing business.
Faced with two thousand acres o
InD'tale Magazine
A humorous work, “Matilda’s Wish” is a light romance, a cozy mystery, as well as a story of one woman overcoming self-doubt and limits to do things she didn’t expect.

Read full review in the 2021 May issue of InD'tale Magazine.
Kathleen
May 14, 2021 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: read-2021
Matilda’s Wish Earns 5/5 Animal Menageries...Engaging Mystery!

Beth Prentice has penned a delightful mystery, refreshingly sans a dead body, as the premier book in her Dun Roamin’ Mystery series. Tilly Lockhart’s dream of owning a bakery specializing in gourmet cupcakes turned into a bankruptcy nightmare, so receiving a call from Blackburn & Associates, Attorneys at Law, formally requesting the presence of Matilda Mary Lockhart, a name only found on her birth certificate, was worrisome at best...
Erin Lewis
Apr 21, 2021 rated it it was amazing
5 Star review Matilda's Wish by Beth Prentice

Tilly Lockhart is having a rough time at the moment, life is really getting her down. The sudden inheritance of a Dun-Roamin (I just love the name) farm from her great aunt Matilda intrigues her so she decides to visit, then learns that she has to stay there for 12 months to inherit.

It would seem that no one is happy about her inheritance an unfortunately the people are unwelcoming. Although having the hot co-owner of the farm Noah in her life is a
Craig / Phil
May 13, 2021 rated it really liked it
Thank you Beth for sending us a copy to read and review.
When a glamorous cupcake maker inherits a farm, expect the unexpected.
Tilly Lockhart is in debt and her cupcake business has just closed.
When she thinks she’s run out of luck, Tilly finds out she’s now part owner of Dun Roamin’, her great Aunt Matilda’s farm.
Tilly has no idea who she is and the will comes with one stipulation.
She must spend one year on the property before she can sell.
Off to the country she goes and with 2000 acres, a crazy
Claire
This was a delightful read, I always enjoy a novel by Beth Prentice and this one was full of such wonderful characters, humour, romance and a mystery, that I was sad to part with the characters at the end.

Down on her luck, Tilly inherits half of a farm and a farmhouse, while not exactly what she was expecting, she is determined to make a go of it and meet the challenges she is faced with head-on.

The other half of the farm is owned by the McKenzie men. Noah, the gorgeous man that he was, is alway
Pegboard
Jan 14, 2021 rated it it was amazing
Matilda’s Wish by Beth Prentice will keep you laughing until you have stitches in your side. Matilda Lockhart, Tilly, has trouble following her. When she called into an attorney’s office, she assumes it is because of her failed bakery. Instead, she finds she has inherited a substantial amount of money and a farm from a great aunt she never met. The catch is this city girl must live on the farm for a year before she gets ownership. The longer Tilly lives on the farm, the more enemies she seems to ...more
Kellie
Feb 17, 2021 rated it it was amazing
What a lovely, lite read this was! This is not normally a genre I’d read but I thoroughly enjoyed being immersed into the life of Tilly on Dun Roamin.

Tilly feels like a failure in life, like she never finishes a thing she starts, when she finds herself sent to live on a farm hours from home after Matilda, a family member Tilly never knew about, leaves the estate to her. She must live there for a year or the place is handed over to the Arts Society.

Tilly being as stubborn as she is won’t give in
Judy Johnson
Apr 29, 2021 rated it it was amazing
I really enjoyed this book and think you will too! Humor, fun, suspense, and a little romance are combined to give you a well-written story about a girl who has met up with more than her share of misfortune, a farm she inherits, and the antics that ensue when she dropped into this new 'life.' Although she's willing to embrace this lastest challenge, not everyone is happy that she's out on the farm! Pick up this super entertaining laugh-out-loud read as you will enjoy the story as well as the cha ...more
Susan
Apr 15, 2021 rated it it was amazing
What a surprise packet this book was, all the elements of a great read. Tilly inherits an old farmhouse, but must live there for 12 months to keep the inheritance, can she overcome unfriendly townspeople, family members who seem hell-bent on contesting the will, and a mysterious stranger who seems to want Tilly gone at all costs. Laughter, drama, intrigue, lust and cupcakes all together make a story I can highly recommend.
Jenny
Feb 13, 2021 rated it it was amazing
Mix together a city girl and a country guy; add the mystery of an inheritance and it's stipulation; stir in a bit of mystery; spoon in a heap of laughter and a swirl of mystery and you have the makings of another great Beth Prentice read.
Matilda's Wish is probably my favourite book so far - but I seem to say that with each new book Ms Prentice writes. I couldn't put it down, and finished it in one day!
Ginaya Breeze
Feb 26, 2021 rated it it was amazing
Absolute amazing! Beth you have done it again. Just when you think you know who the culprit is you’re wrong! I must admit my favourite character was Wally and my favourite part of the book was the scene in the cabbage patch, very funny.
Sharon Squires
May 25, 2021 rated it it was amazing
Absolutely loved it!
Marcia
Apr 25, 2021 rated it it was amazing
Cute story

I give the story 4 stars, but added 1 star for the cover! Quite a cast of characters, both two and four Iegged. There were a few threads that never got quite tied up, such as how cows from across the county kept finding their way into the crop field, and the heroine was a little ditzy, but good reading overall.
Lisa McCombs
Jan 16, 2021 rated it it was amazing

“Was Fate happy? No. It was not. Fate was only happy once it set me up and then ripped the carpet out from under my feet so that I fell flat on my face.
I’m Tilly Lockhart, and this is my story.” Thus begins Matilda’s crazy transition between city career girl to barely resisting country gal. Upon receiving a phone call from stranger Gregory Blackburn the Third, she really has no other option but to return the call. According to Attorney Blackburn, Matilda is the sole beneficiary of her great aun
Barbara Hackel
Feb 28, 2021 rated it it was amazing
What a wonderful addition to the lovely collection of Beth Prentice novels!

Tilly Lockhart, after a string of failures ending with her failed cupcake bakery, gets a letter to see an unknown lawyer. Believing it to be about more expenses she can't cover, she takes him cupcakes to try and sway him, but the news leaves her speechless. She has an inheritance from an unknown person with her name, Matilda Mary Lockhart. Only she's not unknown. She's her great aunt. And to claim the inheritance she has
Charli
Mar 07, 2021 rated it it was amazing
Ms Prentice always delivers a congenial read that leaves you with those warm and fuzzy feelings.

With Matilda's Wish we have Tilly a city girl with a penchant for heels and no idea what it takes to run a farm that she has inherited. The main lead is Noah a swoonworthy neighbour who never fails to be in the right place at the right time to swoop in and save the day.

It was refreshing to read a story that wasn't fixated just on the romance. Yes there were romantic currents but it didn't dominate t
Kat Taylor
Jun 08, 2022 rated it it was amazing
WOW this is a fabulous well written cozey mystery with characters that are vibrant and colorful drawing you into the story carrying you along with the ups and downs of their tale , how did Matilda get here is a mystery all on its own,but who wants to take it all away and why is another mystery ,ohh and the slow burn of a possible romance. I just can't articulate how much I enjoyed Beth Prentice's style and quality of writing in this new series. If you enjoy great cozey mysterys you will definite ...more
Fleur
Aug 12, 2022 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: 2022
I absolutely loved this book, Tilly finds herself in a situation she never expected on a farm with crazy animals with an inheritance from someone she didn't know. There are plenty of ups and downs as well as getting use to her new surroundings but Noah and the other McKenzie men definitely help and make this city girl dig her heels in no matter what. I can not wait for the next book in this series.

Sissy Satterfield
Jul 30, 2022 rated it it was amazing
This is a wonderful story that I loved reading. These characters drew me in and I was hooked. Now this was a great Romantic Mystery and I am not going to spoil it with spoilers! I feel that it is a good read and I Loved It!!!.

Lee
Mar 19, 2022 rated it liked it
This is a cute and quick read. I feel some of the elements of the book (the romance and the mystery, for example) could have been explored a little bit more richly. There are definitely some good, funny moments that made me laugh out loud - especially all the quirky animals at the farm. A nice story overall.
Leesa Bow
Jun 14, 2021 rated it it was amazing
A refreshing yet heartwarming read.
I loved Tilly and enjoyed being part of the ride while she settled in Dun Roamin’. It was quite the adventure with a twist at the end I didn’t see coming.
I’d love to see what happens next with Tilly and Noah.
And I’m going back to read the first book - Tilly and enjoy more of her adventures.
Highly recommend!
Lynette Williams
Jul 09, 2021 rated it it was amazing
Tilly inherits a rundown farm with a lot of different quirky animals with a bit of" help" with an old man who lives next door (that seems to always go wrong) also with his son and grandson she learns to do all sort of jobs t ...more
AJReads
Jun 04, 2021 rated it really liked it
Matilda’s Wish by Beth Prentice is a fun mystery read. Tilly (Matilda) inherits a farm on the condition that she lives there for a year. From the city she has no idea about country life and this leads to some amusing situations. Put in there someone is trying to scare her away. A great read.
Janie
Apr 30, 2021 rated it it was amazing
What happens when you bring a city girl to the country. Lots of fun, some romance, and some animals with issues. A fun read that has a little bit of everything for everyone.
Charlotte Lowe
Jun 22, 2021 rated it it was amazing
Matilda’s Wish

The story carries lots of heart in its telling. I enjoyed it and didn’t need to “make” myself finish reading it as I have other books.
Carol
Mar 26, 2021 rated it really liked it
Another great book by this author.. thoroughly enjoyed it..
Diane Hassler
Sep 12, 2021 rated it it was amazing
Goodreads giveaway

A great romantic story with a little family intrigue and a few sinister characters to keep the story moving. A very nice read for the afternoon.
Mary Nickerson
May 13, 2021

• Reign
  • Talk Dirty, Cowboy (Dirty Cowboy, #1)
  • Christmas Crackers
  • Smooth Whiskey Whisper (Cowboys Down Under)
  • 30 Days: Part 2 (Lost Love #2)
  • 30 Days: Part Three (Lost Love #3)
  • All We Dream
  • The Life She Creates (Granite Springs #7)
  • Hope's River (Hope River #1)
  • Our Chance (Hope River #2)
  • Once Upon a Duke (12 Dukes of Christmas, #1)
  • The Viscount's Tempting Minx (The Dukes of War, #1)
  • The Errant Heirs Caper
  • Sufficient Evidence (Goodlove and Shek, #2)
  • Stop Fixing Yourself: Wake Up, All Is Well
  • Hope Between the Pages (Doors to the Past)
  • When It's Never About You: The People-Pleaser's Guide to Reclaiming Your Health, Happiness and Personal Freedom
  • Paradise Valley Mysteries Boxed Set (Paradise Valley Mystery #1-3)
Beth Prentice is the award winning, USA Today Bestselling Author of the several series and standalone novels.
She was born in Manchester, England, but after moving backwards and forwards across the world 13 times in 14 years she decided that at the age of 18 that Australia was to be her home. She now lives on the beautiful Sunshine Coast in Queensland, Australia where every day is a good one. She i