Start by marking “Twisted Hearts (Savage Hearts, #3)” as Want to Read:
Twisted Hearts (Savage Hearts, #3)

Twisted Hearts

(Savage Hearts #3)

Sometimes the road ahead twists in unexpected ways.

Adelita's new life was supposed to be easier, now that she left the village. But the normal life she craved doesn't last for long. The Kalku won't stop until they have her in their clutches, making any sort of freedom impossible.

While escape seems like the best option, Adelita knows that the time is coming for her to stand
Published November 2nd 2020

To ask other readers questions about Twisted Hearts, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Twisted Hearts

Start your review of Twisted Hearts (Savage Hearts, #3)
Mello ❣ Illium ✮Harry✮ ☀Myrnin☀ Torin Ichimaru
Plenty of progress is made in this book. Adelita isn't on her own for long and is convinced by the guys that she made the wrong move by running away. She really didn't think that through and I'm glad it wasn't drawn out and that she has to apologize for her actions.

Adelita and Santos are even more in love, although there are some missteps along the way. They are tight, though and even admit their feelings and even get a little closer physically as well. Cruz is clearly falling in love with Adeli
Heather Gilbert
Jan 12, 2021 rated it really liked it
Good slow burn

I am really enjoying the unusual myths that fills these novels - it is far from cookie cutter, with smart characters and emotional depth. Sometimes it’s a bit fast, while other times it’s a bit slow, but it all evens out in the end. Heads up, extreme slow burn. FMMM
Debbie Eyre
Dec 14, 2020 rated it it was amazing
This is a great paranormal romance/urban fantasy series and this book three is every bit as exciting and addictive as the rest. A fast paced and well written storyline that will keep you on your toes with its twists and turns and fantastic characters who continue to grow and develop and I look forward to reading the next book!
Marjorie
Nov 08, 2020 rated it it was amazing
After the way book 2 ended you knew these 4 were not going to stay separated long, right? This is the middle book in the series and functions as a transition book in many ways but it is very well done. Lots of action and excitement, tantalizing information about the larger conflict that is brewing and some interesting new characters and backstory. Mixed into all this danger, our characters managed to squeeze in a little fun and a lot of cuddles. I think they needed that breather!

This is a heavil
Kassandra Blake
Nov 02, 2020 rated it really liked it
4,5*
I wanted to read this title so much that I almost chained book two and three, except that I realized that it was not necessarily easy for my little French head. From now on, I will always read another book between two books of the same series.

The story start about a week after the end of the previous volume. There is always this succession of quiet moments full of hugs with more eventful scenes.

The author offers us new surprises and a scenario not very predictable except for the end which di
Douglas Williamson
Nov 09, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Our heroine is once again on the run, but she is rather tired of it and it might be high time to turn the tables. But at least she is going to have a little help this time.

This is book three of the series. It works pretty well as a standalone, but I recommend reading them in order for the best experience.

This is a paranormal romance/urban fantasy with a Hispanic background. The story is well written and easy to read with an excellent cast of characters each with their own distinct personality an
Crystal
Oct 09, 2020 rated it really liked it
I love this series. It is so fresh and new. Its different and full of myth and culture. But this book was more of a move along book. You have to read the series in order because each book ends on a cliffhanger and moves the story along. My biggest issue with this book was how back and forth the heroine is. Plus she just didnt have the fire we have seen in the first two books. She is an introvert and honestly afraid of her own shadow. She tries to be altruistic but it;s like everything she does b ...more
Anita Hanekom
Nov 09, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Adelita's story continues as she and her boys are reunited and with them coming back into her life she realises how badly she hurt them and vows that she won't be the cause of any more pain for them. I enjoyed the evolution of her relationship with not just Santos, especially when she gives him a gift he didn't think he would ever receive but even more so her relationship with Cruz and his changing priorities where she is concerned. She discovers more about her family and Santos finds out that h ...more
Merry Chapman
Nov 10, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Mary Twomey has once again produced a wonderful third book in a series that is so addicting you can't stop reading once you begin. This series however should be read in order since each of the first two books left you with a cliffhanger that the next book picks up on. Adelita, being hunted by the Kalku which caused her to run away from her family group, Cruz, Santos and Rafi because she didn't want have them get hurt. But in this book, they come together again. Will Adelita stop and actually fig ...more
Lene Blackthorn
Dec 12, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Adelita ran away from the guys and from Caceres, but the separation did not last long. The reunion strengthens and heals some of the relationships, while brings out the necessity to nurture them as well. Santos has his voice back, but the drama is not yet over - not with Adelita's enormous strength, her sister being now in the village, Tio Bruno's involvement, or even the not-so-subtle attempts to bring Cruz and Adelita to marry.
There was a lot going on in the third book, both on the emotional
Alison
Nov 04, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Adelita wants to protect the men that have captured her heart, so she left them behind to keep them safe. Although Cruz, Rafael and Santos don't agree, and they want to keep her safe from the Kalku and Máximo. Will the men forgive her, for leaving them behind? Can Rafael get them all to have some fun? Or have the Kalku sucked all the joy out of things for them? I loved this gripping addition to this intriguing series, I am loving Cruz, Rafael and Santos more and more, and I love Adelita (who fac ...more
Christine Karmelreads2665 W.
Nov 02, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Betrayed by Who

Just as I was getting into this book it ended and I was heartbroken. I really wanted to scream at the author where is the rest I need to know what's happening but I was left hanging and wanting more.

The characters of Cruz, Adelita, Santos and Rafi have grown on me so well that I want to know more about them and their journey to set free Adelita.

The plot twists and turns will keep a reader engaged fully and the occasional surprise keeps the storyline fresh.

I received a free copy o
Kira Assad
Nov 09, 2020 rated it it was amazing
This series is highly addicting! The third book in the Savage Hearts series picks up right where the cliffhanger of book 2 left readers, so please note you do need to read in order to fully enjoy, and this book ends in another cliffhanger that has me waiting impatiently for book 4! Luckily the author Mary E. Twomey is great about not making readers wait long for the next book. Adelita and her guys can never catch a break, and there will be plenty more action and twists and turns throughout this ...more
Wanda Jewell
Oct 27, 2020 rated it it was amazing
I love the characters in this book. Adelita, Cruz, Rafael and Santos. Santos is a beautiful character in more ways than one. Adelita runs to protect her loves and discovers there is no running away from the evil pursuing her. She does lift a curse from her loved one and discovers new relatives. I enjoyed this book very much. I would highly recommend it.

Diane
Nov 04, 2020 rated it it was amazing
I enjoyed this book, Adelita is back with the guys and helping Cruz with La Sayona, getting Santos his voice back and Rafi is getting his confidence back. Adelita meets her sister and many shocking secrets come to light. Mary E Twomey keeps your attention and ends the story with a bang! I would recommend this series to all.

I received a free copy of this book via Booksprout and the views and opinions are my own.
Kristine L.
Nov 04, 2020 rated it it was amazing
The Kalku just don't ever stop hunting Adelita. They make every normal life that she craves seem impossible. The characters are still great together and the world is exciting and has a new twist about them. When will Adelita stop running and turn to fight? There still is some more of the story to come. Just when you think you find out who betrayed them the book ends. On to book 4. I received an ARC copy of this book via Booksprout and am voluntarily leaving a review. ...more
Deb
Nov 08, 2020 rated it it was amazing
I loved everything about this story. The characters were fascinating, even the supporting cast of characters. The storyline was intriguing and well written. The action kept my interest throughout the entire story and even as we learn more about the lead character, more things come into play which adds more intrigue and drama. I loved this book and look forward to reading more.

Susana Duarte
Dec 01, 2020 rated it it was amazing
It's really, really hard to review this book without giving away spoilers.
Every little thing that makes this book great is the little twists we didn't see coming.
I really don't want to spoil it for you, so just trust me when I say the story it coming along amazingly great.
I'm completely hooked. We have new characters, way more drama and a few subplots and adventures.
I can't wait for the next one - maybe we can finally meet the bad guy behind it all.
Jaime Margaria
Oct 17, 2020 rated it it was amazing
I enjoyed all the books in this series so far but I think this is my favorite one!! The characters all really grow closer and we find out more about each of them and their personalities!! The twists at the end though, I am not even sure what is going to happen!!

Shelby White
Nov 01, 2020 rated it it was amazing
This series is moving and growing nicely. The characters have great chemistry, the world around them has exciting development, with a unique freshness. Make sure you read the prior books so you can follow the events.

Billie
Nov 05, 2020 rated it it was amazing
This is a brilliant read.
Wonderful well written plot and story line that had me engaged from the start.
Love the well fleshed out characters and found them believable.
Great drama and romance with wonderful world building.
Can't wait to read what the author brings out next.
Recommend reading.

I read a complimentary advance copy of the book; this is my voluntary and honest review.
Trina
Nov 05, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Wow, another great book in this series, couldn’t put the book down, and now we have a cliffhanger ending! So much is revealed in this book, surprises I wasn’t expecting, and now I don’t know who can be trusted. I look forward to the next book.

Marilyn Smith
Nov 06, 2020 rated it it was amazing
These books grab you and keep you reading and this one is no different. It’s full of action and adventure with suspense and wonderful characters. You get caught up in the story and then it’s the end!! Cliffhanger!!! Now we have to wait to see where we go next!

Susan
Nov 08, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Another fab book in the series. The author brings the characters and world to life with all the small and not so small details, mixed with some great action adventures. Can't wait till next book, looking forward to see how the Santos ' / Santiago story goes.

Scarolet Ellis
Nov 09, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Twisted Hearts by Mary E. Twomey is an amazing story story that I have read. This is book number three in this amazing series that I have been hooked on since the beginning and I can not wait to read the rest. I highly recommend this story to everyone who loves reading about fantasy and paranormal romance.

Natacia Louvier
Nov 12, 2020 rated it it was amazing
I swear that nothing will ever separate our guys from our Adelita (No, please don't prove me wrong, Mary!) This keep building up and up, so while we get a little details on things, there's still plenty of mystery that we are learning as we go.

Make sure to read the books in order to see how things start and keep growing up to this book, and knowing there's more to come.
Tanya
Nov 22, 2020 rated it it was amazing
She wanted a normal life so she left the village hoping for just that but it is not going to be. She will need to help and keep save her family and even a family she knew nothing about. How is she going to cope? Can she keep them all safe? Follow her to find out how she gets on

Kathryn
Nov 03, 2020 rated it really liked it
This is an engaging read with surprising twists and turns. This has an amazing and unique storyline. I liked the development of the characters and plot. I am on the edge of my seat for the next book.
Lucinda
Nov 08, 2020 rated it it was amazing
This was a great book with wonderful characters and loads of twists and turns. I really enjoyed how it played out and I would recommend it to all!!

Elvira
Nov 09, 2020 rated it it was amazing
The characters are well developed and engaging and grabbed my attention from the beginning and kept it till the last page. I like the storyline it flowed easily.

• Captured for the Alien Bride Lottery (Khanavai Warrior Bride Games, #2)
  • The Cursed Fae (Accessory to Magic, #2)
  • The Witching Vault (Accessory to Magic, #1)
  • Her Dark Moon (House of Wolves and Magic, #1)
  • Claimed for the Alien Bride Lottery (Khanavai Warrior Bride Games, #3)
  • Fatal Freya (Gifted Girls, #5)
  • A Very Alien Christmas
  • Fangs Bear'd (Silver Springs)
  • Stoking the Embers (The Dragon Duels, #1)
  • Harpy's Mission (Supernatural Retrieval Agency, #1)
  • Lupine: Trick or Treat (Spell Library, #16)
  • Igniting The Coals (The Dragon Duels Book 2)
  • Moorigad: Dragon Collection (Moorigad Dragon Collection Complete)
  • Harpy's Escape (Supernatural Retrieval Agency, #2)
  • Fractured Core (Untold Tales, #6)
  • Captured and Captivated
  • Hexes and Vexes (Amethyst's Wand Shop Mysteries, #1)
  • Queen of Skies (Kingdom of Fairytales: Peter Pan, #1)
Mary E. Twomey is a USA Today Bestselling Author who lives in Michigan with her husband and three adorable children. She enjoys reading, writing, vegetarian cooking and telling her children fantastic stories about wombats.

She also writes romance under the name Tuesday Embers.

Visit her online at www.maryetwomey.com.

Savage Hearts (5 books)
  • Savage Hearts (Savage Hearts, #1)
  • Dangerous Hearts (Savage Hearts, #2)
  • Damaged Hearts (Savage Hearts, #4)
  • Wicked Hearts (Savage Hearts, #5)