Start by marking “Green Lantern, Volume 2: Revenge of the Green Lanterns” as Want to Read:
Green Lantern, Volume 2: Revenge of the Green Lanterns

Green Lantern, Volume 2: Revenge of the Green Lanterns

(Green Lantern (2005) #2)

This volume features Hal Jordan teaming with Green Arrow to battle the demonic Mongul, and joining Batman for an encounter with the murderous Tattooed Man before learning that long presumed-dead Green Lanterns are still alive!

Collecting: Green Lantern 7-13
Published November 29th 2006 by DC Comics

To ask other readers questions about Green Lantern, Volume 2, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Green Lantern, Volume 2

Alejandro
Cool reading!

I bought this in its single comic book issues, but I chosen this TPB edition to be able of making a better overall review.

This TPB edition collects “Green Lantern” #7-13.

Creative Team:

Writer: Geoff Johns

Illustrators: Ethan Van Sciver, Carlos Pacheco, Ivan Reis

IT’S NEVER EASY BEING GREEN

Hal Jordan is back to be fully human and on his duties as Green Lantern of Space Sector 2814, and since then, things are moving fast.

Coast City is on reconstruction and slowly, some people are dec
Sandra
Nov 30, 2016 rated it really liked it
I'm getting way too interested and invested with these Green Lantern stories. Look at all the questions I've written down for my friend to answer. I was writing all of these down while I was waiting for my prescription glasses and sipping my Starbucks frappe.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

And mind you, this was me not even halfway through the volume.

I was a bit worried, at first. There were a lot of things mentioned that I had no clue what it was about. I was about to chuck this and not continue with it anymore. Good thing I
Donovan
Feb 12, 2016 rated it really liked it
Shelves: green-lantern

I didn't like this as much as Rebirth or the previous volume, but it's still a damn fine read. I'm learning that, because of the scale of Green Lantern stories, they can become busy and confusing very quickly, especially if you don't know everything about GL history. So here Mongul, Jr. comes to conquer Earth with life sucking plants. Little do we know that at some point, Green Arrow and Green Lantern are subdued and begin hallucinating. This could have used more clarity, because the situation a
Anne
I enjoyed the story with Hal and Ollie, but I thought it was more of a Green Arrow story than a Green Lantern one. Also, loved the story with Batman, if only because of the interaction between Bruce and Hal. The rest of the stories were good, too. There are some set-up scenes in it for Blackest Night that I enjoyed, as well.
Cheese
Jun 22, 2016 rated it liked it
ooooooh Cyborg Superman, didn't see that coming!
Xavier Guillaume
Apr 26, 2014 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: Green Lantern fans, comic book fans
Green Lantern: Revenge of the Green Lanterns starts off strange, but keep reading because it gets really interesting. The story starts off with Green Lantern and Green Arrow trying to stop Mongul from taking over Earth. How Mongul exactly plans on taking over Earth, it's kind of strange. Let's just say Mongul decides to play Suddenly Seymour.

The Green Brigade wins, for now at least, and then Green Lantern decides to team up with Batman to take on the Tattooed Man. Yeah, I think they could have d
Stephen
2.0 stars. This volume collects Green Lantern 7 through 13 and was a bit of a disappointment after I read and liked Green Lantern, Book 1: No Fear. I thought the one story with Batman was pretty good but I found the rest of the stories very forgettable.
Quentin Wallace
Nov 04, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I liked this volume a little better than the last. Green Lantern and Green Arrow team up to face Mongul's Son and Daughter, and we get to see the mind controlling plant from the famous Alan Moore Superman/Swamp Thing story return. Then we get to see Batman and Green Lantern face a new Tatooed Man and while I wouldn't say the two make peace, they at least come to terms with the past. The most important part of the story involves a planet of Manhunters, the Cyborg Superman, and the return of the G ...more
Marco
Oct 01, 2018 rated it liked it
I'm still waiting to fall in love with this series but it's not happening.
Zezee
As posted on Zezee with Books.

Though I’m not familiar with Green Lantern, I was willing to try something new. I was aware of the Green Lantern movie that was made a couple years ago staring Ryan Reynolds, but I haven’t watched it. Everyone says it sucks and I’ve never felt the need to watch it whenever it’s on TV. I was, however, curious about Green Lantern after reading Red Son and didn’t realize until I read Revenge of the Green Lanterns that there are more than one Green Lantern, that they ar
Yvonne
Another green lantern book that my brother decided to read. much better then the previous volume.

I knew I was going to really enjoy this the moment I got to the second page and I saw the black mercy. Just for the record my favorite superman story is the one that introduced this wonderfully horrible plant and I love any just about everything I have ever seen the plant featured in.

There's also a great story with Batman, what's not to love. I really like how John's writes Batman and green lantern
Jbainnz
Feb 05, 2016 rated it really liked it
The story is building!

So we still have the same formula of short stories that will eventually tie together further down the track. I think Johns run is something that should be read as a whole instead of parts or single volumes. If I picked this up randomly I would have thought this was rather lack lustre. But because I've read what's happened further down the track it's so fun see how everything came together like small pieces on a puzzle.

We get the one year jump here thanks to the Infinite Cr
Kaotic
Nov 16, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: owned
Note: I own the individual comics and not the trade paperback version. But seeing how GoodReads does not have the individual volumes on here, I am using these to post my reviews.

Every review on here is posting about how they hate this series. But I really enjoy it. It is fast paced, has good artists and a good story line. I also see everyone complaining on this volume with one simple statement:

"Where's the revenge?"

What I have to say to that is - read between the lines. The Green Lanterns are
J.M.
Jan 25, 2011 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: comics, superheroes
What a flippin' mess. I almost didn't finish GREEN LANTERN: REVENGE OF GREEN LANTERN (where was the "revenge," by the way?). It's pretty much a one-star effort and my perception of Geoff Johns's ability to craft a semi-cohesive story has really skidded to a halt (hire me, DC!). The tale with Batman in it redeems GL:RoGL for basically a half star, bringing it up to 1.5. I think I'm done with his run. I'm not going to subject myself to it anymore. He had twelve or more issues to convince me, and d ...more
John Yelverton
Jul 31, 2011 rated it it was amazing
The book series just keeps getting better with each page turn, culminating in the return of Arisia.
Ithlilian
Jun 26, 2012 rated it liked it
The Revenge of the Green Lanterns collection is not as good as Rebirth, but not much better than No Fear.

The Green Lantern/Green Arrow teamup "A Perfect Life" starts us off, an it was ok. Generic bad alien appears and attempts to kill and destroy. The special feature: plants that take over your mind and make you see your perfect life. That's interesting from a character development standpoint, but neither of the character's dreams are that hard to predict. Overall, it was a bit shallow, and ther
The_Mad_Swede
This volume collects #7–13 and picks up Geoff Johns' run where it left off in the first volume Green Lantern: No Fear (following his miniseries Green Lantern: Rebirth , which brought Silver Age Green Lantern Hal Jordan back to the DC universe).

In the first two-parter, "A Perfect Life", drawn by Carlos Pacheco, Jordan teams up with his old partner Green Arrow and together they face the children of Mongul. This is followed by a team-up with Batman, drawn by Ethan Van Sciver. Here Jordan and a w
Martin
Oct 16, 2011 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: reviewed
One of my favourite Green Lantern books, with a star-studded line-up of artists...

- a strong two-parter by Carlos Pacheco (as usual, a feast for the eyes) guest-starring Green Arrow and Mongul's destructive kids;

- a stand-alone story by Ethan Van Sciver (the weakest link in this collection, but worth a look - if only to see, albeit briefly - Batman all 'Green-Lanterned-Up');

- and the titular story, a fantastic, action-packed four-parter by Ivan Reis: oh-so heavy on the exposition, but with big
Phil Dean
Apr 30, 2010 rated it it was ok
Shelves: comic-book
"The only ones paranoid about Big Brother watching are the guys doing something wrong". Ho-kay, Hal Jordan. Apparently completely regressed from his Hard-Traveling Heroes days, where he learned the errors in his pseudo-fascist ways, the Red State Avenger continues to bring truth, justice and the American way to the many species and cultures of the galaxy. The second half of the book, which is set after Infinite Crisis, is a little more fun, but it has a ways to go. I also found out that Hal Jord ...more
James
Sep 24, 2009 rated it it was amazing
This series continues to delight my inner nerd/child. Just beautiful. I feel I've regained something I lost. Weird to feel that way about comic book, I understand. But still, awesome. Recommended if you're remotely interested in men and women in cool superhero costumes, big glowy fight scenes and vast and beautiful drawings of other planets and outer space.
goldberry
Jun 28, 2016 rated it really liked it
4.5
Rihards Husko
Oct 29, 2018 rated it really liked it
Revenge of the Green Lanterns comprises three stories about the continued difficulties Hal Jordan experiences since his return as Green Lantern. They're fun and exciting stories that focus on his relationships and confidently both build on what's come before and set up threads to be resolved in future stories.

It's hard to imagine a world in which Hal, all things considered, is not wracked by guilt and regret. History's greatest Green Lantern does not wallow in them, but they serve as strong recu
Holly Hand Grenade
....OR "Hal teams up with Ollie a bit and then bucks the system."

"I suppose he was seeking out your assistance."
"K-k-kill Him. I will KILL Hal Jordan!"
"Or NOT."

The first half of this book features Mongul, Black Mercy, a strained and short-lived Batman teamup (that was fun to read), and a really awesome appearance by the Tattooed Man.

THEN, we skip forward to a year later, post-Infinite Crisis. The tone changes a bit, but it's still beautiful and easy to get into. This part features Rocket Reds, I
Chris W
Aug 07, 2018 rated it liked it
Average. The issue with Batman and the one with Green arrow we're the best and had great call backs to the history with both characters. Cyborg Superman was ok but really not epic but not incredible. More Green Lanterns are miraculously "revived" despite being savagely murdered in the 90s comics. But Geoff wants his characters back so he'll make any bs excuse for them to be alive again.
Overall this volume is 3.25 stars, it will lead to great things but isnt top tier storyline itself. It's just
Diego López Ocón
Feb 18, 2017 rated it liked it
I know Geoff Johns was trying to create a fan base again for Hal Jordan, but c'mon, I need a serious story, not a lot of little stories to discover a little bit of Hal Jordan back then.

I loved the story with Green Arrow, Batman's was weird but is cool to see that they are okay again, but if I haven't read that the last story is necessary for the Blackest Night I would have just skipped it.

This was so cool, I mean he's creating freaking bats with the ring
Jake
Jul 22, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This was one of the last GL books I needed to complete Geoff Johns's run on the series. I finally read it and it filled in so many gaps in my GL knowledge! I also really appreciate how long Hal stays feeling guilty about what he did as Parallax. Most stories like that show the character feeling guilt for only a short while, but Hal's still at it over a year later (in-universe time).
Paweł
May 29, 2017 rated it really liked it
Shelves: dc, green-lantern
Bardzo fajna przygoda z Arrowem, potem z Batmanem. Drugą połowę zajmuje historia o tym, jak w wiarygodny sposób przywrócić część fajnych postaci, które zginęły lekką ręką scenarzysty poprzedniej serii :P
James Tronnier
May 30, 2017 rated it really liked it
Hal Jordon is a pilot for a company called Ferris Air a company on witch his dad died on its land so he is kinda scared to fly. He is thinking of what if he goes down. What is he dies just like his dad? He finds a alien that gives him a ring, and he becomes the great green lantern. He can make do what ever he wants. so he fight crime to save sector 2814
Edward Davies
Jul 24, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
A solid volume with an interesting storyline. I enjoyed seeing the relationship between Lantern and Arrow which I hadn't really experienced before, but there was a lot of repetition about how Hal's dad died, which did get annoying after a while.
Phoenix
Feb 28, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Solid story line and great art. Though how the corps actually gets anything done with a bunch of hardheaded cowboys in its ranks is beyond me. I think I've seen a green lantern follow orders all of maybe twice ever.
  • Green Lantern Corps, Volume 5: Emerald Eclipse
  • The All-New Atom, Vol. 1: My Life in Miniature
  • The OMAC Project
  • The Starman Omnibus, Vol. 3
  • Jack Kirby's Fourth World Omnibus, Vol. 3
Geoff Johns originally hails from Detroit, Michigan. He attended Michigan State University, where he earned a degree in Media Arts and Film. He moved to Los Angeles in the late 1990s in search of work within the film industry. Through perseverance, Geoff ended up as the assistant to Richard Donner, working on Conspiracy Theory and Lethal Weapon 4. During that time, he also began his comics career ...more

Green Lantern (2005) (1 - 10 of 11 books)
  • Green Lantern, Volume 1: No Fear