Start by marking “My Only Reason (Love Is Love #1)” as Want to Read:
My Only Reason (Love Is Love #1)

My Only Reason

(Love Is Love #1)

Ryder
It's a cliche' really, falling in love with my best friend, my very straight best friend. And to add more complications, I'm a football player, about to be drafted. We're manly men. We aren't supposed to be gay. But I am and I love the one person I'll never have. Until fate forces us together six years later. It'll be both a fantasy and hell on earth, playing along Cr
Published October 15th 2020

To ask other readers questions about My Only Reason, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about My Only Reason

Start your review of My Only Reason (Love Is Love #1)
Renee

Ryder
It's a cliche really, falling in love with my best friend, my very stright best friend. And to add more complications, I"M a footbabll player, about to be drafted. We're manly men. We aren't supposed to be gay. But I am and I love the one person I'll never have. Until fate forces us together six years later. It'll be both a fantasy and hell on earth, playing along Crush-the only man who will ever
Stacey Heaney
Oct 17, 2020 rated it did not like it
When I read the blurb for this one I thought it sounded like something I'd love and instantly pre-ordered it. An M/M sports romance with best friends, one of whom is 'straight', but is going to fall for his friend? Yes please, sign me up.

Sadly, the execution left a lot to be desired and I almost dnf. As it was, I skim read from around 30% - and it was lucky I got so far, I almost gave up completely at 13% when I read the phrase 'I feel my manhood coming to half-mast'. Yikes!

The characters weren
MJ's Book Blog and Reviews
Oct 12, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Review by: Jennifer
(5 stars)

NFL player, Ryder Hanley, is moving back home to Tennessee to play for the team there. It gets him closer to home, but also gets him on the same team as his best friend, the one he hasn't spoken to in six years. Ryder left six years ago after an ill fated kiss, afraid that he disgusted his best friend and ashamed he even put Crush in that position. Now he is back and in Crush's face, will Crush accept that he is back? Are they even still friends or is this the worst m
Tammy
Oct 07, 2020 rated it it was amazing
I haven't read too many MM books - but I quite enjoyed this one. Leigh wrote a story that could be about any two men, but it was about two famous football players.

Ryder and Colton (Crush) played college ball together - and Ryder was gay, but Crush wasn't aware, Ryder didn't make it common knowledge; after a particularly tough game, and Ryder was tired of hiding his feelings for Crush - he did the unthinkable, and kissed him - Crush was livid, and so surprised - What the hell! Seeing as there we
Jamie Lee Zonneveld
Oct 15, 2020 rated it really liked it
My Only Reason by Leigh Lennon is about Ryder and Crush. They were best friends six years ago but haven't spoken to each other in six years. Now they are forced together because Ryder is the new member of Crush' team.

I really loved Ryder and Crush. They are amazing together. Their story was sweet, sexy and very well written.
Valeen Robertson (Live Thru Books Blog)

Amazon

To say Crush is not happy Ryder's now on HIS football team is a major understatement. And Ryder gets it, he really does. After all, he's the one who dropped a kiss on his at the time best friend, then left for fear Crush (Christopher) would reject him. But they have to be professionals, and as their coach said, get their heads on straight, if they want to remain on the team. So for both their sakes, they need a serious talk to happen.

Crush was devastated when Ryder left aft
Carra
Oct 14, 2020 rated it liked it
I’m always game for a good M/M sports romance (see what I did there?), and if both main characters are in the sport even better. Here in My Only Reason we have football—one of my favorites—and Crush and Ryder are former best friends getting a second chance. Well, if you count a single kiss as a first chance.

I did like the two of them together, even if Crush’s attitude is a bit more brash than what I normally warm up to. With Ryder being out of the closet—in professional football no less—by the t
Amy Stauffer
When the one that got away comes back.

Second chances to change the outcome don’t always come around, but when Ryder joins Crush’s NFL team, it appears that they may just get theirs.

This book had my attention before the prologue even ended. Leigh Lennon’s storytelling abilities are endless. This was my first book — of hers — to read, and it will not be the last. The fact that this book is book one of a series excites me. I can see so much potential for follow-ups, and I cannot wait to read the ne
Barbara
Oct 14, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Absolutely stunning. I loved this slow build, slow burn MM romance. Maybe the time frame of the “actual” connection between Ryder and Crush was a short time after they reconnected (3 weeks) but the way the author beautifully portrayed their story felt like a fire slowly growing into a towering inferno as I read along.

It seemed to Ryder that he has loved Crush since they first met. Besties through all their college /football years. When Ryder was in a low place after learning about his grandfathe
Wendy
Oct 15, 2020 rated it really liked it
I haven't read very many MM books but I knew if anyone could make it a beautiful story it would be Leigh Lennon. She doesn't shy away from the tough subjects. Ryder was such a fun guy and I could tell he embraced life. Crush was a little more reserved except where his baby girl Brooklyn was concerned. The she-devil ex was easy to hate but I think that made the fact that Ryder is truly good to his best friend even better. I loved the little bit of the team we got to know as well as their families ...more
Cee Brown
Oct 16, 2020 rated it really liked it
•*´¨)✯ ¸.•*¨)
✮ (¸.•´In all seriousness, love IS love.

There is nothing I like more than discovering a new author. Then discovering that said author can pull me into a world that I never want to leave. Or to find the writing style that calls to me. Or finding myself searching backlogs and realising that this one author has me maybe, thinking about reading books in other genres that I have not done in years!!!

Many will pick up this book and say, ugh, another football book. Another coming out of an
Jenny B
Oct 18, 2020 rated it really liked it
Leigh Lennon did a great job with this friends to lovers MM romance. Crush (Christopher) and Ryder were best of friends and then Ryder disappeared out of Crush's life for six years. I loved the emotions packed into this quickly read book and I have to believe the author did an accurate job in describing the roller coaster of emotions of coming out, realizing who you love and the hurdles which will come with it and all the feels. Crush's ex is most definitely a snake who I wished ill for so many ...more
Penny Leidecker
Oct 15, 2020 rated it it was amazing
If you’ve never read a m/m book, then I highly recommend giving this book a try. Leigh Lennon is an author that always writes beautiful, emotional stories. She will have you falling in love with the characters and My Only Reason is no exception. Ryder and Crush were best friends, but six ago Ryder kissed Crush and then left. Now, Ryder is back and on Crush’s professional football team. I won’t leave any spoilers, but I will say I loved Crush more than I did Ryder. You can form your own opinion, ...more
Nicole
Oct 07, 2020 rated it it was amazing
“You know, you’re only given so many chances. Don’t let this one slip away...”

Oh holy sweetness I’m still trying to wrap my mind around this book. This book is by far one of Leigh’s best books and I’ve read EVERYTHING she’s published!
This book shows and tells of a love story that has been hard fought for. It shows us what it truly is like for a gay man to “come out” in a world that isn’t designed to handle that lifestyle. It shows us what true love is and just how much these two men were willing
Pamela
Ryder and Crush were best friends until a kiss changed everything. Now it is six years later, the two meet up again and the sparks between the men are hotter than ever. Will the past stand in the way of their happiness? Can Ryder stay around this time? Will Crush be able to trust him? A good read.
Jill M
Shelves: m-m-romance
This was a beautiful love story. Leigh Lennon weaved a story with raw emotion pulling on the heartstrings and giving you all the feels. It was a story about being yourself and loving who you want. It was sexy and sweet and real. From beginning to end this story captivated my heart and filled it with joy.

I can't wait for more.
Kristen Lindtvedt
Oct 23, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Refreshingly Honest and Soul Touching...

My first experience with author Leigh Lennon was with her Father/Son Duet, a set of books so beautiful and touching it brought me to tears. And after reading Maguire and Holland's story I didn't think it was possible for Lennon to write something I could possibly love more. However, this book, the powerful, heart cracking story of Crush and Ryder, has bewitched my very soul.

Here with her m/m story "My Only Reason" Lennon writes the tale of Christopher "Cru
Heather (AllTheJuicyBits)
Oct 15, 2020 rated it really liked it
Tender and sweet are the two words that come to mind when I think of Ryder and Crush's story. Ironic, because both Ryder and Crush are pro football players, at the top of their game in one of the most macho professions there is.

They have been best friends since college, but one unexpected kiss after a big game upends their friendship in the most painful way. Ryder leaves Crush without a word. He moves on, playing pro in Miami for 6 years. Over that time he becomes the first openly gay player in
Susan Homan
Oct 20, 2020 rated it it was amazing
My Only Reason
(A Love is Love Book, Book1)
Leigh Lennon

Leigh Lennon did it again. I absolutely love her style and skill in writing. While I have read many MMF books, this is the first time I have read a strictly MM book. This one was amazing. I was into it from the start. Christoper (Crush) and Ryder (Ry) were best friends and played football together in college. After a big game and having lost his grandfather, Ry kisses Crush, but feels like Crush is mad at him, so he disappears. Now fast forw
Jenn
Oct 15, 2020 rated it it was amazing
I love second chance romance and I love sports romance and this is a fantastic combination of the two! Holy moly, Crush and Ryder are so great, passionate and fiery and so full of love, and football!

These two were best friends in college, playing football together and preparing for what comes next. The day of their championship game, Ryder is off his game and Crush notices, tries to help him through things and then a kiss changes everything. Years later, in the middle of successful football car
Jackie Wright
Oct 17, 2020 rated it it was amazing
What can I say that hasn’t already been said about this amazing love story....
Well let’s start with it’s beautifully written and captivating and this emotional read will certainly pull on all your feelings.
Friends from the past find themselves playing on the same football team, one has admitted his sexuality to the world the other is still hiding his feelings and concentrating on his football and his adorable little 6 year old from his failed marriage.
Ryder showed his true feeling to Crush ( Ch
Erin Lewis
4.5 star review My Only Reason (A Love is Love Story #1) by Leigh Lennon

I have only read a few books by Leigh Lennon but each one has been an entertaining read that captured my attention and held it from the first to the last chapter.
There were so many emotions evoked whilst reading My Only Reason that I was up and down. This is a MM story and was well written and put my emotions through the ringer. Falling in love with your best friend can be wonderful , but it can also cause complications and
Papie
Oct 21, 2020 rated it it was ok
This was a cute and sexy story, that kept me entertained for the day.

That being said, so many things didn’t work for me:

- the big friendship breakup. I know it was explained later in the book, but it still made no sense to me. Why would Ryder kiss Crush, declare his love and disappear? Forever? Why would they never try to fix it?

- the feelings development on Crush’s side. Again it was explained, but it’s just too ridiculous and insta-lovey.

- the nicknames: Big country and Pretty boy? No. Jus
Michelle1005
Oct 23, 2020 rated it it was amazing
What will happen when you have to came back to the place and person that you have strong feelings for but as it seems it's not interested in you? Can one kiss few years ago be a beginning of something new and wonderful? If you want to find out you need to read "Me only reason" by Leigh Lennon.
And let set thing straight at the beginning of this review Leigh Lennon knows how to write MM and MGM stories flawlessly.
So as to the story Ryan Hanley is back in Tennessee after six long years to play th
Heather Navarre
Perfection!

If you like MM you will love this story.

Crush-big time QB and straight (so he thinks).
Ryder-wide receiver and gay.

So we start our story with a kiss. One that changes everything.

6 years later Ryder is now playing on the same football team as Crush and sparks are flying! It doesn’t start out though as sparks of romance-nope they have to get through the hurt of 6 years since they walked away from one another.

This story of friendship then more is perfect in every way. Love is love an
Amy  Crull
Oct 17, 2020 rated it it was amazing
So I honestly don't know what I loved most about this book. I mean Ryder and Crush were adorable together along with the guys on the football team. I loved the banter, the jealously and the way they were together. There was a level of respect between them and they wanted to do things to make the other one happy. No stepping on toes or going behind backs. Total honesty and respect with these two. Oh and my other reason for loving this book so much, Brooklyn and Loretta! These two little girls wer ...more
Avery Kingston
Oct 29, 2020 rated it really liked it
Really great friends to lovers story!

Ryder and Crush were best friends, but haven’t spoken in years. (After Ryder kissed his straight best friend).

Now, they’re playing for the same NFL team and have to learn to get along. But the thing is, neither of them had forgotten the chemistry and heat in that kiss, and when they meet up again, the sparks begin to fly.

Crush’s daughter, the feisty little Brooklyn stole the show and my heart. I love single dad’s in romance, and Crush was a great father to
Cassie Ashford
Oct 15, 2020 rated it really liked it
Anytime one friend falls in love with the other things tend to get messy regardless of gender. Throw in that Ryder and Colton are the hottest football players in the industry right now makes it even harder.

Time and distance occurs then they are thrown on the same team together. They have to work out their feelings in order for their whole team and game not to suffer. It doesn’t take long for them to fall back into old habits.

Ryder is still in love with Colton and Colton is still struggling wit
Michelle
Oct 21, 2020 rated it really liked it
Shelves: arc
Oh oh oh. mm and sports (football) a huge favorite.

Love it Love! Great name for a series. I was a bit worried with the percentage going up without a conclusion in the 'normal' %. Thinking crap this could be a cliffhanger, but it's not. You get the HEA with a bit more for book 2, which I can't wait to read.

I was a little put off by the over use of the nicknames. I don't think that happens in normal everyday conversations. If this were a movie or tv show I know it wouldn't happen. So .....

You w
Caroline
Oct 15, 2020 rated it it was amazing
This sports romance is a beautifully written love story between two former best friends. I loved it from the first page, couldn't put it down.

Crush and Ryder played college football together, they were best friends, until Ryder kissed Crush after their last game, then left. For six years they have gone their own ways, never speaking again. That is until now, Ryder is switching teams and now they share all things football again.

Leigh Lennon does a great job with this book. Her characters are real
« previous 1 3 next »

• Bully King
  • Love Always, Wild (For Him, #1)
  • Torn Apart (Torn and Bound Duet, #1)
  • Headlines (Prime Time, #3)
  • Just Friends (Never Just Friends, #1)
  • Unwritten (Unscripted, #3)
  • Face Offs & Cheap Shots (CU Hockey #2)
  • Have Mercy
  • The Edge of Heaven
  • The Hookup
  • Stories of September
  • Overdue
  • Locked Heart
  • Jinx's Fantasy (Goddess Isles, #5.2)
  • Griff's Place (Havenwood #4)
  • Geek Tattoo
  • A Guy Walks Into My Bar
  • When You Come Back to Me (Lost Boys, #2)
Leigh Lennon is mother, veteran and a wife of a cancer survivor. Originally with a degree in education, she started writing as an outlet that has led to a deep passion. She lugs her computer with her as she crafts her next story. One could say she loves pretty nails, big earrings and spiky hair. She can be found drinking coffee or wine, depending on the time of the day.