Start by marking “River Magic (Rituals of Rock Bay #1)” as Want to Read:
River Magic (Rituals of Rock Bay #1)

River Magic (Rituals of Rock Bay #1)

Budding clairvoyant Lacey Moran seeks to understand her dreams and find her life’s purpose along the St. Lawrence River. If only her visions of silver arms and Cian O’Connor’s blue eyes were easier to understand! The pieces begin coming together when she encounters a mermaid in the river, joins a group of Druids, and opens herself to romance with an old friend.

Can Lacey o
Published October 31st 2020 by Shadow Spark Publishing

To ask other readers questions about River Magic, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about River Magic

Start your review of River Magic (Rituals of Rock Bay #1)
Athena (OneReadingNurse)
Mar 17, 2021 rated it really liked it
I was so thrilled to see a book about the Alexandria Bay and Watertown area! My family is from, and remains in the area and it was a nostalgia filled reading experience!

A story of finding oneself as an adult, embracing life choices, one's faith, and reconciling new adult friendships. I loved how everyone worked together and supported one another

There is a great group of characters too. The romance is sweet and a slow build. I was not expecting to find mature physical content, so do be aware of t
Rowena Andrews
Nov 24, 2020 rated it really liked it
River Magic is a book that surprised me in all the best ways. It took me a few chapters to get into the flow of this one, and then seemingly between one breath and the next, I was hooked and unable to stop reading.
This is a book that appealed to me on several levels, firstly was the use of folklore and mythology that permeated throughout the book, some of which I was familiar with through a fascination with Celtic mythology and folklore, although I liked the twists the author put on certain a
Taylor
Nov 15, 2020 rated it it was amazing
I found this book to be inviting and magical with a dash of mystery. Being familiar with the St. Lawrence, the writing truly paints a picture and made me feel connected to the story and it’s characters. I look forward to the continuation of this story.
Melissa
Dec 15, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Such a lovely book.

It's such a breath of fresh air to read a gentle romance from an authentic pagan perspective. It was the perfect way to relax and enjoy a bit of winter peace.
Mael Brigde
Jul 08, 2021 rated it really liked it
Shelves: i-love-this
How much fiction involving #Brigit have I had the chance to read? Very little! SO imagine how excited I was when M.A. Phillips' River Magic came along!

Review of River Magic by M. A. Phillips, book one of The Rituals of Rock Bay (2020) Shadow Spark Publishing

First, what I like:

I want to say right from the start that I really like this book. It has a kind of ebullience and innocence about it that is really charming. The protagonist, though imperfect, as we all must be, has an integrity that guid
Dustin R.
Dec 16, 2020 rated it it was amazing
A very enjoyable book. I found it to be well written, with engaging characters and a compelling setting. The magic realism of the plot certainly kept my attention. The subject of religion and the tension that can exist between them added a unique element to the story. The main character’s personal, social and emotional development was nicely portrayed. I look forward to the sequel.
Sudeshna's  Bookshelf
Dec 26, 2020 rated it it was amazing
River Magic Is A Magical Story Which Revolves Around Druids, Love, Friendship, Betrayal, Hatred, Tension Between Families And Religion, And Most Importantly Mysteries To Unfold. The Author Of This Book Is M.A. Phillips And This Book Has Been Published By Shadow Spark Pub. This Is The Second Time I Am Reading This Book. I Had Bought This Book From kindle Sometime In December 2020 For About INR 220. This Is A Very Enjoyable Book. It Is A Well Written Book And I Felt Really Good To Read a gentle ro ...more
Lauren Kelsen
Nov 25, 2020 rated it really liked it
I went into reading this really eager for a fun, whimsical, magic story full of Irish Folklore and boy did River Magic deliver! We have a sweet, grounded main character named Lacey, whom we follow through the typical trials of finding yourself and purpose after college. We get a great bit of detail into her past and background that really helps round Lacey and Cian's characters throughout the story. I adored that it was set along the St. Lawrence River, being a Syracuse, NY native it really allo ...more
Damiana
Apr 22, 2022 rated it it was amazing
A sweet romance (not particularly spicy though there are sex scenes, most are fade to black or focusing on emotions rather than physical details). I love a virgin hero.
This was gorgeous story about real witches and pagans, the trials modern witches deal with, and the spiritual insights viewed through the lens of magical realism.
Highly recommend for lovers of Practical Magic, The Last Keepers, and Witches of Eastwick who want a sweet small town romance.
Rosalyn Briar
Dec 27, 2020 rated it it was amazing
The mermaids CANNOT wait! You need to read this now!

I loved every moment of River Magic! The setting was idyllic, the characters were charming and relatable, and the storytelling was magical. If you love magical realism and contemporary romance, this book is for you! This book made me so happy every time I sat down to read it. I highly recommend!
Gwen Clayton
Nov 29, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Excellent storytelling with a morality lesson

With the elements of romance, cozy mystery, witchlit, and morality play, River Magic offers readers a much needed escape from reality while helping them understand issues such as religious freedom and responsible behavior.
Alex
Nov 07, 2021 rated it it was amazing
This is definitely a book that I couldn’t put down. There was surprising adult elements to it that were organic to the story. Also it is nice to have a pagan story be realistic for practices instead of pure fantasy. Definitely recommend this book.
Gwen Herrmann
An excellent book. My usual genre is not romance, but this is not just a romance. The author has crafted a story of a young woman looking to find herself, and a young man who has barely discovered himself. Throw in friends who advise, relatives who react badly, coworkers who plot, a mystery to be solved, and... a supernatural creature whose intentions are unclear. The author blends this all together in her debut novel. I highly recommend this book.

Oh, I almost forgot to mention. Yarn!
Megan Black
Ann Doremus
Oct 17, 2021
Lynn McArthur
Mar 13, 2021
JoAnna (Louise) Lamb (Charles)
Jan 20, 2021
Feb 02, 2021
Jaime
Feb 18, 2021

• The Haunting of Brynn Wilder
  • Serpentine (His Dark Materials, #3.6)
  • Lyra's Oxford (His Dark Materials, #3.5)
  • The Broken Goddess
  • The Noise
  • ブルーピリオド 1 (Blue Period., #1)
  • Witchy, Volume 1 (Witchy, #1)
  • Handsome Devil (Vancity Villains #1)
  • Rebel Heir (Vancity Villains, #2)
  • The Mountain of Adventure (Adventure, #5)
  • The Master's Tools Will Never Dismantle the Master's House
  • Win (Windsor Horne Lockwood III, #1)
  • These Violent Delights (These Violent Delights, #1)
  • The Sphere of Infinity
  • Chaos and Destiny (Fae Rising #2)
  • To Bleed a Crystal Bloom (Crystal Bloom, #1)
  • Rudyard Kipling’s The Jungle Book: The Mowgli Stories
M. A. Phillips is a writer in Northern NY. She lives with her husband, daughter, and two lazy cats. She fell in love with writing at a young age thanks to her encouraging, creative family. Mythology, folklore, and the landscape are her primary inspirations. Her writing has been published in The Ampersand, Oak Leaves, and Stone, Root, and Bone. Her debut novel, RIVER MAGIC, will be released by Shad ...more