Start by marking “Midnight Movie (Ellie Jordan, Ghost Trapper, #14)” as Want to Read:
Midnight Movie (Ellie Jordan, Ghost Trapper, #14)

Midnight Movie

(Ellie Jordan, Ghost Trapper #14)

Long ago, dreams glowed on the screen under the night sky at the old drive-in theater. Once an attraction drawing families and teenagers from miles around, the theater has sat dark and silent for years, its former bright, carnival-like atmosphere a distant memory.

A young family brings the forgotten theater to life with a new, modern vision for its future, but strange troub
Published February 26th 2021 by J.L. Bryan

To ask other readers questions about Midnight Movie, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Midnight Movie

Start your review of Midnight Movie (Ellie Jordan, Ghost Trapper, #14)
Mlpmom (Book Reviewer)
I have loved this series from the very beginning, it is just so much fun and it keeps me on my toes. I love all the new places, new ghosts and new haunts that Bryan takes us and he never ceases to disappoint in the creep factor and I never leave one of his stories disappointed. I get everything I love in a good mystery and in a good ghost story.

His latest setting has to be one of my most favorites yet. Who doesn't remember going to the drive-thru as a small kid and all the magic that the big sc
Cindy
Feb 27, 2021 rated it really liked it
Years ago drive in movie theaters were the thing. Now they are all but forgotten rundown memories. When a young couple decide to revive one they had no idea that is was being haunted and enlist the help of paranormal investigator Ellie Jordan and her assistant Stacy.

This wasn't as spooky as some of the previous books but I still find myself creeped out reading them at night. The author does a great job of inserting the creepiness into each of his stories. This one takes us back to the 50's cine
Liliana
Reviewed on Lili Lost in a Book

I am always so happy when a new Ellie Jordan book comes out—it’s one of my favorite series! In this case, Ellie and Stacey are heading to a haunted drive-in theater! I loved the setting! Especially for nowadays when drive-ins are big again, for obvious reasons. Unfortunately, my town had one but they sold it a long time ago and was turned into a storage place. I pass it every single day on my way home, and it just makes me sad to see that it’s not a functioning dri
Kelly
Mar 06, 2021 rated it it was amazing
Ellie and her crew (by which I mean Stacey, because Stacey is the crew!) are heading to the drive-in and...well, it was fun to see Ellie getting to take it a little easier for this adventure. Which isn't to say I don't enjoy her usual cases, but I liked seeing her get to relax a bit this time. Doing research in her pajamas sounds like a fantastic way to spend time.

To be fair, however, this case wasn't a cakewalk or anything. It just happened to be closer to home than most of their others. Ellie
Shirley
Mar 04, 2021 rated it it was amazing
Picking up a new Ellie Jordan, Ghost Trapper book is like visiting a good friend or friends – because the series wouldn’t be the same without her “found” family. I look forward to each new installment of this series and pretty much drop whatever I had decided was next in my never ending TBR pile to spend time with this crew – even though I know I’m in for some sort of dangerous terror between the pages. Crazy, right?

I also look forward to discovering whatever unique venue J.L. Bryan has decided
Danielle Bush
Feb 28, 2021 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: physical-book
Another excellent ellie jordan ghost story

An old drive in theater is a great place for a ghost story.. Ellie and Stacy have their work cut out for them trying to figure out who's haunting the drive in, and how they might be connected to some movie stars from the 50s.. The atmosphere is spooky and engaging. I love watching them dig to uncover the past, and when they actually physically encounter the ghosts it feels like it's happening to you..

I can't wait for more Ellie and Stacy!!
Linda
Mar 10, 2021 rated it it was amazing
I have fond memories of drive-in movies, sitting in the back of my parent’s car, munching snacks and drinking cool bottles of Yoo Hoo. So I really enjoyed this latest spooky adventure of ghost hunter Ellie and her intrepid partner, Stacy. The movie and celebrity details were enjoyable, and as always, the story had just the right amount of spookiness to keep me reading with a light on. Can’t wait for the next story.
robyn
Mar 24, 2021 rated it liked it
The drive-in haunting in this one - the ghost that appears at your car window, or actually in the car, is terrifying, and well executed, and the whole setting feels like a dream of the perfect movie experience (ghost excepted). The way Bryan plays with the concept of capturing the spirit on film is inventive and well done.

I think if the malignant ghosts had been halved, and maybe a little less human, it would have been a tighter and better read.
Lacey
Feb 27, 2021 rated it it was amazing
Yay! So excited for another Ellie Jordan adventure. This one was excellent. I loved the premise of the haunted drive-in movie theater. I liked the slower start to this story, it really helped build the atmosphere and made the haunting more of a mystery to solve then just ghosts to catch. I'll be looking for the next book as soon as it's available. ...more
Desiree Wallace
Mar 14, 2021 rated it it was amazing
Better and better

I've liked every book in the Ellie Jordan series and am surprised in the continued creativity in the stories. The ghosts in the drive-in were frightening, the couple in the story were heart-warming, and the final way that got rid of the ghost was ingenious. and as always, I love the relationships between the consistent cast.
Cherie Lutz
Mar 19, 2021 rated it it was amazing
I never get tired of reading these books.

Every new book is a fresh plot or haunting that keeps me interested from start to finish. The author does an awesome job researching and building the story. My only complaint is having to wait for the next installment because I read them so fast.
C CHRISTOFOROU
Mar 06, 2021 rated it it was amazing
Another great ghost story.

Probably not good for the weaker minded, as these stories are so believable. Interesting, all the way through, with a good ending, and relevant to our era.
Amy D. Kiser
Mar 01, 2021 rated it really liked it
Want more Michael!

Book as always excellent. But Michael was hardly in it. He's stronger than Ellie gives him credit. He wants to help and be more of a partner in their relationship. Would like to see them become closer and deal with what that involves.
Lesley Hewitt
Mar 21, 2021 rated it it was amazing
Really good

Ellie and Stacey have a job, finding out who is haunting a drive in movie place. They rope in Jacob a psychic to help. They end up solving a murder mystery before they can help the ghosts. This series of books is fab. Well worth five stars.
Katie Murphy
Feb 27, 2021 rated it really liked it
Book 14

Ellie and Stacey have been called to meet the family that is restoring an old Drive-In theatre. Strange sounds and muffled voices can be heard. Their young daughter has even met one of the ghosts, a terrifying old woman in the farm house.
Chris Austen
Mar 15, 2021 rated it it was amazing
Great Book

As with all books written by this author, this one was great. I loved the characters, the setting and the entire story. I highly recommend it.
Kim
Mar 04, 2021 rated it really liked it
This was my favorite one by far. I loved the drive-in setting and the fun old Hollywood tidbits. This was a great, fun read.
Tonya OK
Mar 10, 2021 rated it really liked it
A little light on the creepy factor, but still the same delightful characters and light, engaging writing style. This series is like a warm fuzzy blanket; just can’t get enough!
John
Mar 22, 2021 rated it it was amazing
Forgot how much I like these stories. A bit silly this one, but...I enjoyed it anyway.
KritikaB
Mar 11, 2021
Wendy Canelas
Feb 27, 2021
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 next »

• The Kitchen Witch (Witches of Palmetto Point Book 11)
  • Freaky Mage (A Mystic Caravan Mystery, #11)
  • A Ghoulish Midlife (Witching After Forty, #1)
  • Romancing the Crone (A Spell's Angels Cozy Mystery #5)
  • Wedding Ghost (Haunted Everly After #6)
  • It's A Wonderful Midlife Crisis (Good To The Last Death, #1)
  • Origins (Haunted Series Book 32)
  • Magical Midlife Love (Leveling Up, #4)
  • Breakaway - A Mary O'Reilly Lost Files Book (Mary O'Reilly Series)
  • Weddings & Whodunits (An Avery Shaw Mystery Book 18)
  • The Body in the Beauty Parlor (Jazzi Zanders Mystery, #6)
  • Black Candle (The Sullivan Gray Series #1)
  • The Memory Tree
  • All the Pretty Witches (A Hannah Hickok Witchy Mystery #6)
  • Beguiled (Betwixt & Between #3)
  • Deadly Bliss (Cree Blue Psychic Eye #5)
  • Deadly Ties (Cree Blue Psychic Eye #4)
  • Deadly Vows (Cree Blue Psychic Eye #2)
J.L. Bryan studied English literature at the University of Georgia and at Oxford, with a focus on English Renaissance and Romantic literature. He also studied screenwriting at UCLA. He lives in the metro Atlanta sprawl with his wife Christina, where he spends most of his day serving the toddler and animal community inside his house. He is the author of the Paranormals series and the Songs of Magic ...more

Ellie Jordan, Ghost Trapper (1 - 10 of 14 books)
  • Ellie Jordan, Ghost Trapper (Ellie Jordan, Ghost Trapper, #1)
  • Cold Shadows (Ellie Jordan, Ghost Trapper #2)
  • The Crawling Darkness (Ellie Jordan, Ghost Trapper #3)
  • Terminal  (Ellie Jordan, Ghost Trapper, #4)
  • House of Whispers (Ellie Jordan, Ghost Trapper, #5)
  • Maze of Souls (Ellie Jordan, Ghost Trapper #6)
  • Lullaby (Ellie Jordan, Ghost Trapper #7)
  • The Keeper (Ellie Jordan, Ghost Trapper #8)
  • The Tower (Ellie Jordan, Ghost Trapper #9)
  • The Monster Museum (Ellie Jordan, Ghost Trapper #10)