Start by marking “Dinosaur's Binkit” as Want to Read:
Dinosaur's Binkit

Dinosaur's Binkit

4.24  ·  Rating details ·  464 Ratings  ·  49 Reviews
A dinosaur and his blanket get ready for bed in this Sandra Boynton classic.

Listen! Look! Touch! Giggle!
Good night, Dinosaur.
Good night, Binkit.
Board Book, 14 pages
Published September 1st 1998 by Little Simon

To ask other readers questions about Dinosaur's Binkit, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Dinosaur's Binkit

Jude
May 23, 2018 rated it liked it
"Daddy, why are you calling it a binkit? It's a blanket."

"Well, sometimes little kids can't say 'blanket,' so they something that sounds like 'blanket,' like 'binkit.'"

"But it's a blanket."

My five-year-old loves Sandra Boynton, but this one he may have thought too deeply about.
Kit Feral
Jul 18, 2017 rated it really liked it
I think my almost two would like to give this six stars. she thought it was hysterical and has been shrieking "I want MY binkit!" (she doesn't have a blanket nor does she ever baby talk.)
Amberly
Jan 05, 2013 rated it really liked it
Shelves: board-books
My baby loves this book. It has several flaps to lift that are designed with tiny hands in mind. Often these flaps are connected by a piece that is too small and tears - these flaps are large. The page my baby likes best is the one that has a blanket hanging off the edge of the bed. He likes to lift it up and "peek-a-boo" at dinosaur under the bed. The actual story is one of my least favorites of Boynton's (she is, however, one of my very favorite authors for board books so this does not mean I ...more
AnnaM
May 24, 2013 rated it it was amazing
I have been reading this story to each of my children since I had the first one fifteen years ago. They all love(d) it when they were small. I know the story by heart. My kids all know the story by heart. My very youngest practices reading it to the dog, acting out the sounds. This is an excellent book. We told our kids, "This is the story of Dinosaur and his blanket named Binkit." Wonderful story!
Drew Graham
Jul 16, 2015 rated it really liked it
Shelves: kids
Dinosaur, O Dinosaur, whatever can the matter be? Of course Dinosaur can't go to bed without his beloved binkit.

This was a different sort of Boynton book. It's still a board book, but it has touch-and-feel elements which make it especially fun for my little reader. Everyone can relate to this little dinosaur ("Dinosaur!!!"), the illustrations are charming as ever, and I love the verse style of the text.
Cara Byrne
Feb 11, 2015 rated it really liked it
Containing the same humor and charm as many of Boynton's other board books, this is a great read before bed and offers sensory patches for readers to feel the dinosaur's "binkit" and to see themselves in a silvery-mirrored moon (Lu loved this). The dinosaur desperately seeks his blanket, but because he pronounces it "binkit," no one is able to help him because they don't know what he is talking about. A happy ending leads to a sleeping dinosaur. A baby story time read.
Connie
Aug 09, 2008 rated it really liked it
Unfortunately, this has to be a supervised-only book because, like with many flap books, the flaps aren't that sturdy and *will* come off.

But yeah, it's funny and enjoyable, especially if you really get into yelling "I NEED MY BINKET!" every other page.
Samantha
A lift-the-flap bedtime story in which a dinosaur is distressed over his missing blanket.

Text reads as if the reader is speaking directly to the dinosaur. The flavor of the language comes off as a bit proper, but the flaps are well thought out so overall it's a good read for toddlers/prek.
Carol
Mar 11, 2008 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: children
This is the first book my daughter seriously fell in love with, as a toddler. We read it so many times that the whole family had it memorized. I still love Sandra Boynton and it broke my heart when the kids outgrew her, because I didn't!
Peggy
Jul 25, 2008 rated it it was amazing
My youngest son's favorite at age 1! He delights in hearing about the little dino who won't go to bed without his binkit (blanket) and giggles non-stop as he lifts to the flaps. My only complaint is that the first flap on the palm tree is too thin and flimsy for little hands - easily ripped.
Kathy
Mar 06, 2008 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: kid-stuff
I may single-handedly be keeping this in print. It is a terrific board book with things to touch, and I can totally relate bc I still remember how mad I was when I had to give up my blanket. It was pink. It was nowhere near pink when wrenched from my hands.
Kaethe
Jul 08, 2014 rated it it was amazing
This was a huge favorite of the Offspring when they were young. As the got older they continued to love Boynton in general, and a number of books lingered on the shelves until quite recently, but this one was a sweet baby book.
Jocelyn
Aug 15, 2007 rated it really liked it
Recommends it for: kids and adults who love them
Shelves: kidsreads
This book makes me wish I had a "binkit" of my own...
Parker Catlett-Miller
Sep 28, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Parker thinks pretty much any book with a touch and feel aspect is worth 5 stars and this one did not disappoint!
Valerie
Sep 24, 2009 rated it really liked it
toddlers and preschoolers alike enjoy the frantic dinosaur in this lift-the-flap. Great for bedtime, dinosaurs, favorite toys
Nessie
Jun 27, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: children-s-books

My niece adores this book, and chooses it every night for her bedtime story. She loves to touch it. A great book for little ones with little hands!
Gracie
Mar 26, 2015 rated it really liked it
I love Sandra Boyton, and I love this story because it's relatable to preschoolers. It was colorful and captivating.
Tina Eckenroth
Jan 15, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: work
This book was my daughter's favorite when she was little and I have to admit it makes me a little biased. I always end a storytime about "Lovies" with this sweet little book.
Sue Salazar
Jun 16, 2009 rated it it was amazing
This was my son's must read bedtime book. It is a touch & feel story, and he loved it! We replace Binket with our word, Night Night. Voices and the yelling did add to the fun!
Marie
Nov 14, 2007 rated it liked it
Recommends it for: babysitters, parents
This short baby book is entertaining. It includes textures and pop-up doors.
Emily
Mar 26, 2015 rated it liked it
Fun touch and feel bedtime story, good for 1 year olds
Catherine Woodman
Jul 31, 2011 rated it really liked it
Boynton is a favorite of Tess' which she passed along to my kids--I think it is the animal appeal :-)
Mia
Dec 19, 2007 rated it really liked it
The best part about this book is that you get to touch and lift the binkit, too. It's so good it warrants immediate re-reading.
Ame
My daughter had just wrestled away a "binkit" from her brother while I was reading this, so it felt timely.
Gwendolynpatrick
Apr 06, 2009 rated it it was amazing
For every child and every parent who every had "that special toy" that you can't LIVE (or sleep) without. Very cute and touchable.
Stephanie
Feb 01, 2017 rated it really liked it
Such a sweet, fun interactive book!
Alex
Apr 12, 2012 added it
This was picked out for the 2 year old, but the 4 year old seemed to enjoy it as well.
Bill
Nov 01, 2007 rated it really liked it
Probably only a three star book in terms of actual content, but it was one of the first books I bought for my son after he was born, so that bumps it up a full grade. I'm sentimental like that.
Marlee
Oct 05, 2013 rated it liked it
A simple board book with touch and feel pages and a few flaps. This book was a favorite when my children were very young. The book is simple and easy. A nice bed time story for toddlers.
Christine D
Mar 17, 2015 rated it really liked it
so cute and funny!
  • Saturday Night at the Dinosaur Stomp
  • Baby Faces
  • Kiss Kiss! (Mini Edition)
  • Binky
  • Hush Little Baby
  • That's Not My Teddy
  • How Do Dinosaurs Love Their Cats?
  • Llama Llama Wakey-Wake
  • Who Said Moo?
  • Can't Sleep Without Sheep
  • Book!
  • Kat Kong
  • The Baby Goes Beep
  • Swim, Little Wombat, Swim!
  • When Pigasso Met Mootisse
  • Tip Tip Dig Dig
  • Moo
  • Olivia's Opposites
Sandra Keith Boynton is a popular American humorist, songwriter, children's author and illustrator. Boynton has written and illustrated more than forty books for both children and adults, as well as over four thousand greeting cards, and four music albums. Although she does not license her characters to be redrawn or adapted, she has herself designed—for various companies—calendars, wallpaper, bed ...more
More about Sandra Boynton