Start by marking “Dinosaur's Binkit” as Want to Read:
Dinosaur's Binkit

Dinosaur's Binkit

4.22 of 5 stars 4.22  ·  rating details  ·  359 ratings  ·  37 reviews
A dinosaur and his blanket get ready for bed in this Sandra Boynton classic.

Listen! Look! Touch! Giggle!
Good night, Dinosaur.
Good night, Binkit.
Board Book, 14 pages
Published September 1st 1998 by Little Simon

To ask other readers questions about Dinosaur's Binkit, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Dinosaur's Binkit

Where the Wild Things Are by Maurice SendakThe Very Hungry Caterpillar by Eric CarleGreen Eggs and Ham by Dr. SeussThe Cat in the Hat by Dr. SeussBrown Bear, Brown Bear, What Do You See? by Bill Martin Jr.
Best Childhood Picture Books
295th out of 341 books — 375 voters
Dinotopia by James GurneyHow Do Dinosaurs Say I Love You? by Jane YolenEdwina, the Dinosaur Who Didn't Know She Was Extinct by Mo WillemsDinosaur Bones by Bob BarnerHow Do Dinosaurs Eat Their Food? by Jane Yolen
Dinosaur Picture Books
76th out of 103 books — 19 voters

More lists with this book...

Cara Byrne
Containing the same humor and charm as many of Boynton's other board books, this is a great read before bed and offers sensory patches for readers to feel the dinosaur's "binkit" and to see themselves in a silvery-mirrored moon (Lu loved this). The dinosaur desperately seeks his blanket, but because he pronounces it "binkit," no one is able to help him because they don't know what he is talking about. A happy ending leads to a sleeping dinosaur. A baby story time read.
Samantha
A lift-the-flap bedtime story in which a dinosaur is distressed over his missing blanket.

Text reads as if the reader is speaking directly to the dinosaur. The flavor of the language comes off as a bit proper, but the flaps are well thought out so overall it's a good read for toddlers/prek.
Kaethe
This was a huge favorite of the Offspring when they were young. As the got older they continued to love Boynton in general, and a number of books lingered on the shelves until quite recently, but this one was a sweet baby book.
Amberly
My baby loves this book. It has several flaps to lift that are designed with tiny hands in mind. Often these flaps are connected by a piece that is too small and tears - these flaps are large. The page my baby likes best is the one that has a blanket hanging off the edge of the bed. He likes to lift it up and "peek-a-boo" at dinosaur under the bed. The actual story is one of my least favorites of Boynton's (she is, however, one of my very favorite authors for board books so this does not mean I ...more
Gracie
I love Sandra Boyton, and I love this story because it's relatable to preschoolers. It was colorful and captivating.
Parker Catlett-Miller
Parker thinks pretty much any book with a touch and feel aspect is worth 5 stars and this one did not disappoint!
Emily Bayci
Fun touch and feel bedtime story, good for 1 year olds
Jill
This is a fun one to share with toddlers and babies, especially when you have enough copies for everyone to have their own. It's a great way to help them learn how "to use books."
Christine D
so cute and funny!
AnnaM
I have been reading this story to each of my children since I had the first one fifteen years ago. They all love(d) it when they were small. I know the story by heart. My kids all know the story by heart. My very youngest practices reading it to the dog, acting out the sounds. This is an excellent book. We told our kids, "This is the story of Dinosaur and his blanket named Binkit." Wonderful story!
Peggy
My youngest son's favorite at age 1! He delights in hearing about the little dino who won't go to bed without his binkit (blanket) and giggles non-stop as he lifts to the flaps. My only complaint is that the first flap on the palm tree is too thin and flimsy for little hands - easily ripped.
Kathy
I may single-handedly be keeping this in print. It is a terrific board book with things to touch, and I can totally relate bc I still remember how mad I was when I had to give up my blanket. It was pink. It was nowhere near pink when wrenched from my hands.
Connie
Unfortunately, this has to be a supervised-only book because, like with many flap books, the flaps aren't that sturdy and *will* come off.

But yeah, it's funny and enjoyable, especially if you really get into yelling "I NEED MY BINKET!" every other page.
Carol
This is the first book my daughter seriously fell in love with, as a toddler. We read it so many times that the whole family had it memorized. I still love Sandra Boynton and it broke my heart when the kids outgrew her, because I didn't!
Bill
Probably only a three star book in terms of actual content, but it was one of the first books I bought for my son after he was born, so that bumps it up a full grade. I'm sentimental like that.
Ubalstecha
Another wonderful Boyton book. This one has lots of flaps and imbedded fabric so that the child can touch and manipulate. This is teamed with Boyton's rhymes, making this a fun book.
Marlee
A simple board book with touch and feel pages and a few flaps. This book was a favorite when my children were very young. The book is simple and easy. A nice bed time story for toddlers.
Sue Salazar
This was my son's must read bedtime book. It is a touch & feel story, and he loved it! We replace Binket with our word, Night Night. Voices and the yelling did add to the fun!
Nessie

My niece adores this book, and chooses it every night for her bedtime story. She loves to touch it. A great book for little ones with little hands!
Tasha
My little one LOVED this book. The blanket is nice to touch, the flaps are easy for small hands to open and the story is right up a toddler's alley
Celticoracle
The touch and feel and lift the flaps make this book even more fun than Boynton's other work - Mini-Me always asks for multiple readings of this one.
Gwendolynpatrick
For every child and every parent who every had "that special toy" that you can't LIVE (or sleep) without. Very cute and touchable.
Mia
The best part about this book is that you get to touch and lift the binkit, too. It's so good it warrants immediate re-reading.
Valerie
toddlers and preschoolers alike enjoy the frantic dinosaur in this lift-the-flap. Great for bedtime, dinosaurs, favorite toys
Jessica
Another fun Sandra Boynton book, with touchy-feely elements and flaps. Not my favorite but still good.
Catherine Woodman
Boynton is a favorite of Tess' which she passed along to my kids--I think it is the animal appeal :-)
DeAnn Stopper
My son was a binkit boy and a dinosaur fan he loved his book. It was always the last book to be read.
Janette
My sons favorite book! Some of the pages are a little bossy so I read them in a friendly tone.
Julie
(age 5) I liked when Dinosaur had his binkit, and when he found it he was happy.
Alex
Apr 12, 2012 Alex added it
This was picked out for the 2 year old, but the 4 year old seemed to enjoy it as well.
  • Saturday Night at the Dinosaur Stomp
  • Kiss Kiss! (Mini Edition)
  • How Do Dinosaurs Learn Their Colors?
  • Hush Little Baby
  • Time to Pee!
  • That's Not My Dinosaur
  • One Winter's Day
  • Ten In The Bed
Sandra Keith Boynton is a popular American humorist, songwriter, children's author and illustrator. Boynton has written and illustrated more than forty books for both children and adults, as well as over four thousand greeting cards, and four music albums. Although she does not license her characters to be redrawn or adapted, she has herself designed—for various companies—calendars, wallpaper, bed ...more
More about Sandra Boynton...
Moo, Baa, La La La! The Going-To-Bed Book Barnyard Dance But Not the Hippopotamus Blue Hat, Green Hat (Boynton Board Books)