Start by marking “Winter's Kiss (Starling Bay, #1)” as Want to Read:
Winter's Kiss (Starling Bay, #1)

Winter's Kiss

(Starling Bay #1)

She's the city girl from Boston. He's the gift shop owner from the bay.
Their worlds were never meant to collide.

Dylan Fraser is an artist, a dreamer, and a failed actor.
He runs a gift store on the edges of Starling Bay, a small coastal town where nothing much happens.

Merry Nicholls hates Christmas. The festive season is full of bad memories, especially this year whic
Kindle Edition, 2nd Edition, 197 pages
Published July 1st 2020 (first published February 28th 2019)

To ask other readers questions about Winter's Kiss, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Winter's Kiss

Start your review of Winter's Kiss (Starling Bay, #1)
Fani *loves angst*
DNF at 58%

I stopped right when thing started getting interesting between the two MCs. My main problem was the heroine unfortunately, I couldn't like her, especially as a mother she seemed to have put her daughter on autopilot(=grandparents) and washed her hands. She arranged to go to a small town and relax from work a bit, since chronic stress caught up with her, and then -even though she said a couple times in the first two chapters how money wasn't an issue- she ended up working all the time.
Julie Lavalle
Mar 07, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
If you are looking for a light romantic read, this one is definitely for you.

Merry, after having somewhat of a breakdown with the upcoming 5 year anniversary for her husband’s death and being over worked, takes a 2 month leave of absence from work. Her mother has made arrangements for her and Merry’s daughter to stay at a friend’s place in Starling Bay. Upon arrival to this quaint little town she has what you could call a smashing meeting with a handsome store owner. From this point on the stor
vicki zimmerman
Read to chapter 24...then deleted the thing

It just went on and on, page after endless page, with precious little conversation occasionally tossed in. That style of writing is, for me, the most boring means possible by which to tell a story.
The H and h have, to this point, danced around each other like each one may detonate at any moment. To the point of absurd.
Chapter 24 dawns bright and snowy, with more of the same dancing around each other.
But, the thing that changed, was me. I couldn’t take t
Stephanie
Mar 15, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Merry is feeling guilty because 5 years ago she bought her husband a combo birthday/Christmas gift in the form of a plane ride and the plane catches on fire and they go down killing Brian her husband and the pilot. Merry goes out of her way to work until she makes herself sick and while she is recuperating her mom suggests that she go to sterling bay for a couple of months to rest and recuperate but her dog keeps her from doing that because while in a gift shop he breaks some Christmas mugs and ...more
Josee Bookshelf
Oct 14, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
well had butterflies, its was the cutest story. all i want was to meet her dog also.
Supper fluffy andcute read.
Coco.V
Dec 16, 2019 marked it as to-read  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: freebie
🎁 FREE on Amazon today (12/16/2019)! 🎁
Lillie
Dec 21, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
A second-chance, opposites-attract, small-town romance. Dylan, Merry, and Chloe were likable and relatable characters, and the romance was sweet.
Moondance
"I hate Christmas," cried Merry, "and Starling Bay-why would I want to go there?"

Merry has a semi-breakdown as the fifth anniversary of her husband's death approaches at Christmas. Her mother makes arrangements for Merry and her daughter, Chloe to go to Starling Bay to rest and recuperate. Their Great Dane, Spartacus introduces them to local potter, Dylan by breaking a display of mugs in his shop.

This was a sweet easy read on Christmas Day. It was like reading a Hallmark Movie: weary widow goes
Franki
Sep 29, 2020 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I enjoyed the sweet small town of this book, which was practically a character on its own merit.
This story is a story about the redemptive value of love. Merry gets a second chance in several aspects of her life with the support of her loving parents and a town full of quirky characters; and HEA, doesn’t just mean a chance for romance.

Cynthia
Sep 24, 2020 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Great Story

Merry lost her husband in a plane crash 5 yrs ago and has been raising her daughter Chloe with help from her parents. But she has been working to hard and collapsed, her doctor recommended time off. So she, her daughter and their Great Dane and head to Sterling Bay. Dylan owns a pottery store that the dog decided to run into.
Debra Riggs
Sep 17, 2020 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This was a sweet, lovely, clean Christmas romance. It has a great story line and I loved the characters.
Baby girl
Sep 16, 2020 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Sweet and Heartfelt Story

Great story to put you in the Christmas spirit. Heartfelt and enjoyable read. I could not put the book down until I finished it.
Sassy Beta Reading & Review
I loved this book! This is a super sweet romance that is just so darn cute as well. Dylan and Merry are so perfect for each other. Dylan and Merry are hesitant to move on with their lives after tragedy struck. Surprises await these two I also really liked the secondary characters in this book and happy to see that Reed and Rourke will have their own books as well. Can not wait to read more!

Great story line, awesome characters, easy to visualize descriptions to details, and engaging dialogue.

Writ
Merry Jelks-Emmanuel
This small town romance is so touching and the female main character has my namesake! Merry is struggling with the fifth year anniversary of her husband's death not to mention she is over worked and the stress is building up. When things come to a head, her boss suggests she takes time off to recuperate. Her mother sends her to Starling Bay to a friend of hers. She never expected the chemistry she would have with Dylan or the feelings it would spark. Could this be her second chance for a happily ...more
Penny Leidecker
Feb 05, 2020 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Beautiful story

I loved reading Dylan and Merry’s story. Merry lost her husband five years ago in a plane crash, leaving her a single mom to her daughter, Chloe. When she uses work to cope and overdoes it, her mom talks with Hyacinth in Starling Bay and sets it up for Merry and Chloe to take a much needed break there. Merry and Dylan meet when her Great Dane, Spartacus, crashes through Dylan’s shop door and destroys the new supply of his handmade coffee mugs. We get to read about Reed and Rourke
Kathy
Oct 23, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Merry hates Christmas. The 5-year anniversary of her husband’s death is approaching, she is way overworked, and she has a near breakdown. By Dr.’s orders, she takes a 2 month leave, and her mom talks her into moving to a small town for her vacation. She meets Dylan when her Great Dane runs into his gift shop and breaks a whole display of handmade mugs. They are really cute together and he likes her daughter Chloe, too. Going slow, and then trying to back off, doesn’t work for either of them. I l ...more
Barbara
Mar 14, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
The first book in the Starling Bay Sweet Romance series and I want to read more of this series. A well-written book that held my interest from the first page. Dylan Fraser runs a gift store on the edges of Starling Bay, he meets Merry Nicholls, her daughter Chloe and their Great Dane Spartacus and his life will never be the same again. I found myself smiling reading this story. I received a free copy of this book via Booksprout and am voluntarily leaving a review.
Susan Carroll
Sep 12, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
The best laid plans....

Lovely story about Meredith, a widowed mother of twelve year old Chloe. For five years Meredith has dealt with her grief by throwing herself into work. She has climbed the corporate ladder, while neglecting her health and Chloe. But she is finally forced to take a rest. Two months in a small town over the holidays sounds relaxing. Funny how plans can change, and give you a new direction, and maybe new love.
Kirstie Ibrahim
Mar 05, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: sienna-car
What a fun enjoyable read. Great start to a new series. Wonderful small town setting with interesting characters. I liked the hardworking, grieving, single mum matched with the somewhat loner artsy guy, they balanced each other out. This kept me interested the whole time and I look forward to reading the next stories.
Melissa
Mar 15, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: booksprout
She's the city girl from Boston. He's the gift shop owner from the bay. Their worlds were never meant to collide.
A second chance at love with the person they never expected but the timing is right and love is in the air.

Shweta
Mar 25, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
A sweet and simple love story of 2 people who've suffered through small and big tragedies of life. A straightforward, simply written and heart touching tale of new beginnings and blossoming friendships & love.

I enjoyed the book.

Linda Hall
Jan 06, 2020 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
An enjoyable read

This was a sweet story about taking a break, reassessing your life, what's good, what's bad, and what can and should be changed? Maybe we all need to take a break and, if we do, we might find that just slowing down and rethinking things, there are other options, or there could be? The beginning of a whole new decade seems like a good time+
Victoria
Jan 13, 2020 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
A sad but hopeful story.

This was a sad story in part, but also a story with strength and hope. The characters were strong and developed and the story held my interest. I hope we get to see more of their relationship in the rest of the series. I'm looking forward to Reed's story as I think that will be a hard one for him.
Evonne Hutton
Mar 25, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Rethinking life
A lovely clean small town second chance romance!
Her husband died 5 years before and she put all her energy into work.
Until it did not work any more.
A good story line with lovely characters

Pat Christie
Nov 18, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Ebook

She’s out for two months due to exhaustion, her Mom sends her to a quaint village north of Boston. He’s doing the Christmas pageant and they meet as her dog breaks some of his pottery. It can only get better right?
Anne Turnley
Dec 18, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Grief is hard to overcome

Merry has not enjoyed life since her husband's tragic death 5 years ago. She has survived by becoming a workaholic. She is forced to take a long break from work and takes her young daughter to a lovely small town. Will she get the rest she needs?
Catherine Geist
Dec 21, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Great Story

This book was fantastic.The storyline was great & was well written.Merry Dylan were great characters.They pulled you right into the story like it was happening to you. Could not put it down. HIGHLYrecommend.
Debbie Walters
Jan 03, 2020 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
What a kiss!

Merry and Dylan. Two people from different worlds! But both needing the same thing. Someone to love! This is such a sweet story. Do yourself a favor and read this book. If you like love ,adventure and family then this is a book for you.
Ida Lukasik
Jan 30, 2020 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Merry finds new love

Merry who needed a break. ( which most people do) goes to a small town and meets a very nice man. Her daughter helps ib a Christmas play in which this man is producing. The daughter chloe likes this man. Which in the end merry does too
Jill Dion
Mar 01, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
A fabulous new series from one of my favorite authors.

Can not wait for more books....
« previous 1 3 next »

• Christmas On Main Street (Santa’s Secret Helpers, #1)
  • Claiming the Cowboy for Christmas (Hills of Texas, #4)
  • One Kind Heart (One Kind Deed Series Book 1)
  • Love's Second Chance (Second Chances, #1)
  • Borrowing a Fiancé: A Sweet Romance (Borrowing Amor Book Three)
  • A Lindstrom Christmas: Two Small-Town Holiday Romances
  • Cooking Up Trouble (The Brides of Blossom, Texas, #2)
  • Thompson & Sons: Ride Baby Ride / Rocky Ride (Thompson & Sons, #1-2)
  • Flirting with the Fashionista (The Celebrity Corgi Romances, #1)
  • A Hero's Heart (Resolution Ranch, #2)
  • Paradise Found (That Second Chance, #4)
  • Choosing Happily Ever After
  • Saddle Up (Ryker Ranch #1)
  • True Blue Cowboy (Blood Brothers, #1)
  • Elsa's Stand (Outback Brides Book 3)
  • Captain Dreamboat (Ponderosa Resort Romantic Comedies, #7)
  • Always With Me (Whisper Lake #1)
  • Merry Me (Holiday Romance Novel, #1)
Sienna Carr writes women's fiction and sweet romance. Her stories are full of quirky and memorable characters and places you'll want to visit time and time again.

Website:

Bookbub:

Amazon:

UPCOMING RELEASE:
Starling Bay (#6) Dec 2020 -

Starling Bay (6 books)
  • Maid for Him (Starling Bay, #2)
  • Love Letters (Starling Bay, #3)
  • From Faking To Forever (Starling Bay, #4)
  • Winter's Vow (Starling Bay, #5)
  • Starling Bay Book 6