Start by marking “Mad Cruel World” as Want to Read:
Mad Cruel World

Mad Cruel World

What happens when the world goes completely dark with no explanation as to why?

An Anthology from eighteen authors.
Coming March 2021.
Kindle Edition
Expected publication: March 4th 2021 by Cruel Ink Publishing

To ask other readers questions about Mad Cruel World, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Mad Cruel World

Start your review of Mad Cruel World
Jan 04, 2021 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: dystopian, mm, arc
Review for Into Elysium by A.M. Johnson

This is the first dystopian story that I have read, but it was a perfect introduction to the trope for a new reader such as myself. It is the short story of Eben and Cale. Eben is a Dusk guard in Elysium, and Cale is a prisoner he is sent to take a "gift" to in a sector that isn't his normal duty. What follows is a slow build-up to friendship, and more. Cale is unsure about Eben's intentions, but he soon realizes that there is an inherent kindness in Eben's
Reflections of a Swede
Jan 11, 2021 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: mm, dystopian, arcs
First, I need to say that I've only read Into Elysium by author A.M. Johnson. So my review and rating is of that novella only.
I don't read short stories very often, but when I do it's because they're written by authors I really like. And Johnson didn't disappoint.

Into Elysium is set in a dystopian America (as far as I could tell) where two factions are fighting for power. One is a fascist and conservative side, and the other is the open-minded good-guy side. The main characters are Eben and Cal
Jennifer Reilley
Jan 05, 2021 rated it really liked it
I read Into Elysium by AM Johnson and it’s a 4.5 stars for me.

This is my first dystopian book and I absolutely adored it. I felt like I was inside a film trying to survive being in the dark, a pandemic, cruelty, lack of food, and so much more.

I want so much more of Eben and Cale. Two caring guys living in an unfriendly world just trying to find happiness and love. They have been through so much in their past for being so young.

I would love to see this book expanded in the future to see more of
Daniele
Dec 28, 2020 rated it it was amazing
I receive an ARC of The House the Fed the Forrest by J. R. Rogue, whoa.....

When the world is falling into despair all around you, you cling to what you know, survival, but what if survival might get you killed? J.R. Rogue gives us a fight for love in the darkest of days story that will give you all the feels. When Jackson comes back for Lilly, battle the odds that are against but knowing what is in his heart. He will know it is worth it and she will know she is worth it.

It’s is story that even
Amanda
Jan 18, 2021 rated it really liked it
4.5 stars - I received an ARC copy in exchange for an honest review.
I read A Pretty, Quiet Rebellion by Victoria Ellis & Cady Verdiramo.
I do not usually read short story's and am absolutely glad that I started with this one. I am the kind of person that cannot put a book down once it has me hooked. Since this hooker is a short story I was thrilled being able to read the entire story before turning out the light and not loosing much sleep because I would not have been able to put it down otherwi
Vivian
Jan 09, 2021 rated it really liked it
I've got this book as an ARC in exchange for an honest review.

I gave the book Pretty, Quiet Rebellion by Victoria Ellis & Cady Verdiramo a 4.5 stars.

This short book tells the story of Freya and Abel as they live in a dystopian world where Freya is being held for the past 10 years as a sex slave/child bearing by the Sovereign Faction and Abel is keeping and maintaining his old farm as a refuge for displaced people.

The story reminded me of "The Handmaids Tale" because of the dystopian reality desc
Tracey Fandre
Jan 05, 2021 rated it it was amazing
4.6 stars for AM Johnson's Into Elysium

I really enjoyed this dystopian MM short story. I received this ARC in exchange for an honest review. Do I wish it were longer, yes!!! And hopefully someday she'll write a full story about these two sweet men stuck in a horrible world where being gay would be a true death sentence. It is set in a world where a pandemic occurred and there is war raging. Eben is working at the jail and Cale is an inmate. The world is in unrest. It was an interesting backdrop
Chasity
Jan 10, 2021 rated it it was amazing
I received an ARC of the story A Pretty, Quiet Rebellion in exchange for an honest review. In all honesty, I usually have trouble with these types of stories. Usually there’s something about dystopian that I have trouble getting into, but I couldn’t put this down! I really loved the characters and even though it was a short story, I didn’t feel that it was rushed at all. I was on the edge of my seat, nervous energy fluttering all about in me, needing to see how it all ended. It was a great story ...more
Michelle Robinson
Jan 16, 2021 rated it it was amazing
Short stories aren't my favorite; I get attached and then it is over. This short story though, I could go on and on about.

The danger packed inside this heart throb is enough to send anyone packing, and by packing I do mean turning another page. Freya is a fireball, a warrior among men, and although she suffers, her heart remains.

I consumed this story in one evening, but it was over far before I desired to be.

Very well done.
Katelyn Krieger
Jan 19, 2021 rated it it was amazing
I started reading this one specifically for Protecting Patience by K Leigh. I ended up falling in love with her story so much I read the others. Each of these stories has a way of making you thing of the possibility of things that could happen at any point in life no matter how crazy it sounds right now.
Misty
Jan 15, 2021 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: anthologies
I recieved this ARC in exchange for an honest review. I have only read The House that Feeds the Forrest by J. R. Rogue, just like everything else she writes, this too is a 5 star story. She builds characters and the worlds they live in so well that I can gobble up her stories/poetry in one sitting. I am really looking forward to reading the rest of the stories in this book!
Heather Davidson-Norman
Jan 11, 2021 rated it really liked it
A Pretty, Quiet Rebellion by Victoria Ellis and Cady Verdiramo

4 stars ⭐⭐⭐⭐

I don't read short stories because I end up falling in love and always want more! This story was so good! Think The Handmaid's Tale version 2.0! Loved it! I need more! This was my first dystopian read and I really enjoyed it.

I've got this book as an ARC in exchange for an honest review.
Jan 23, 2021 rated it really liked it
read: d.s. wrights book devils bargain

end of the world, mc, total full book length potential- yes! good writing with a strong female lead and interesting storyline for a quick read.
Shannon O'Connor
Jan 08, 2021 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: 2021
***I received an ARC in exchange for an honest review ***

A pretty, quiet rebellion by Victoria Ellis & Cady Verdiramo: 5/5 Stars
I am surprised by how much I liked this story. It heavily reminds me of ‘The Handmaids Tale’. I didn’t know where this story would go but I was happily surprised by the ending. It is soft and powerful at the same time.

The House that Fed the Forest by J.R. Rogue: 5/5 Stars
This is a story unlike any other. It left me wanting more, something I hope Rogue would turn into a
Hailey Smith
Jan 15, 2021
Natasha
Jan 15, 2021
jennet wheatstonelllsl
Nov 24, 2020
Victoria Ellis
Jan 14, 2021 rated it it was amazing  ·  (Review from the author)
Amanda Cuff
Sep 30, 2020 is currently reading it  ·  (Review from the author)
Debbie
Neepa Shah-Chittur
Tiffany S
K. Leigh
Sep 30, 2020 marked it as to-read  ·  (Review from the author)
Rochelle
Catee Hook
Ebony
Aleana Joy Pearson
T.L. Anderson
Oct 04, 2020 marked it as to-read  ·  (Review from the author)
Lesley
Tiffany
Kayleigh
Elizabeth Sanders
Kristi DeBerry
Autumn
Jennie Morris
Caitlyn Fournier
Oct 05, 2020 marked it as to-read  ·  (Review from the author)
J.R. Rogue
Oct 05, 2020 is currently reading it  ·  (Review from the author)
MeaQC

• Keeping Score
  • Malevolent (Shaye Archer #1)
  • The Housekeeper
  • Undeveloped
  • One More Chance (A Chance at Love #2)
  • Unless
  • Autumn Skies and Pumpkin Pies (The Blue Ridge Series Book 1)
  • Forever Yours, Abel
  • Sharing Noelle
  • A Fighting Chance (A Chance at Love #1)
  • My Burning depths vol 3
  • Bend Me: A summer of secrets holiday scene
  • The Cardigans (Criminal Intentions: Season One #1)
  • Loner
  • Grumpy Bear (Bear Camp, #1)
  • Meat Cute: The Hedgehog Incident (Parasol Protectorate, #0)
  • Down by the Sea (Landmarks #3)
  • Totally Trucked (The Men of Bear Springs #1)
Victoria Ellis (V.K. Ellis) is a multi-genre author that publishes Psychological Thrillers, Suspense, and Romance novels. She is also the author of two poetry collections.

Victoria is the founder of Cruel Ink Publishing, LLC.

She resides near Chicago, Illinois with her husband, newborn daughter, and an abundance of animals.