Start by marking “New Mutants #13” as Want to Read:
New Mutants #13

New Mutants #13

(X of Swords (Reading Order) #7)

X OF SWORDS PART 7. Diligence. Discipline. A sword of the self.
Kindle Edition
Published October 14th 2020

To ask other readers questions about New Mutants #13, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about New Mutants #13

Start your review of New Mutants #13
heidi
Oct 16, 2020 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I… I love Doug. He's been one of my favorite mutants since HoX / PoX, not to mention how much I envy his mutant superpower (seriously it'll make my job a breeze and I'll be a breakout superstar genius of the tech industry).

This issue covers a lot of emotions not only centered on Cypher but also on his friends / mutants around him and how they all react to the very real possibility that Douglas might be one of the mutants to die for real in Otherworld. Xavier seems to be in denial, Illyana is an
Tanabrus
Oct 15, 2020 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: marvel, comics
Un altro buonissimo capitolo per X of Swords.
Dopo le spade di Illyana (già pronta, la prima ad arrivare), Logan e Ororo, ecco l'altra spada già pronta.

Warlock e Doug.

Così come a ogni lettore, anche ai mutanti di Krakoa è chiaro che Doug non è un guerriero.
Ma è stato scelto.
E quindi?

Abbiamo Xavier che punta sugli Hellions per evitare il conflitto, abbiamo Paris che vorrebbe andare al posto di Doug uccidendolo su Krakoa (e rendendone così possibile la resurrezione ma dopo il torneo), abbiamo Krako
Ian Sharman
Oct 15, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Ed Brisson delivers his best issue of New Mutants yet...and it's his last. Vita Ayala takes over in two months, as the book takes a break next month. Should we read anything into the fact that Warlock is on the cover to #14 but Doug isn't? This issue certainly seems to be foreshadowing his impending death...but that alone makes me doubt that Doug's going to die. He might be...changed...though. We shall see.

Anyway, this issue is great, and while Brisson certainly writes it well, the real stand ou
James DeSantis
Oct 15, 2020 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Fantastic issue and part 7 of the Sword event. Shows not everyone is so excited to fight for their life. When a mutant has to decide to fight and has friends wanting to protect him in their own ways, will he find his calling? One of the most personal issues but very well told. Nice send off from Brisson.
Anthony
Oct 14, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Wow what a great issue, why did Ed Brisson wait to write like this til his last issue? Rod Reis was born to draw New Mutants im excited for the future of this book with Vita Ayala hopefully some more stuff like this issue.
Tom Wilson
Oct 14, 2020 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
X Of Swords Part 7

this event is going so well. The stuff with Magik and Cypher is so cool, and I love more warlock content. so good.
Scratch
Pros: This issue was all about Illyana and Cypher. They are my two favorite New Mutants, so it is nice to focus on them for almost an entire issue. Also, this issue called attention to a fairly realistic problem of a young person wanting to do his duty if drafted in a war (as really does happen in the real world sometimes, with the army), while recognizing that one may not have sufficient skill to match one's bravery. Also, I am thrilled that in the text page description of the soulsword, whoeve ...more
Emily
Oct 18, 2020 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Let's go through the lives and deaths of Cypher. He got shot on a field mission, literally taking a bullet for Wolvesbane. Later Warlock died & his ashes were spread over Cypher's grave. During the Phalanx event (90s) Warlock gets resurrected but he thinks he's Cypher joined with Warlock and goes but Douglock but eventually the Doug parts are just a backup of Cypher. K? K.
During the Necrosha event Cypher is resurrected by Selene using the T.O. virus with an amped up power set. Eventually his mem
Papasmurfiiiviii
This issue does an excellent job making me care and be very concerned for Doug.
OArtista
is currently reading it
Roman Colombo
Read my review/recap at Comic Years! ...more
Comic book writer.

Credits include: COMEBACK, SHELTERED, THE FIELD (Image Comics), SECRET AVENGERS (Marvel), ROBOCOP, SONS OF ANARCHY, HELLRAISER (BOOM!) and X-FILES/TMNT: CONSPIRACY (IDW). Plus, you know, a bunch of stuff I can’t talk about yet.

X of Swords (Reading Order) (9 books)
  • X of Swords: Creation #1