Start by marking “One Royal Christmas” as Want to Read:
One Royal Christmas

One Royal Christmas

From the author of the award-winning ENCHANTED Christmas Collection, a royal romance filled with small-town holiday charm!
His Majesty Jonah Harrison Archer Davies VI has just endured the worst year of his life . . . and he's convinced he's no longer fit to rule Concordia. Not now . . . but maybe someday. Taking advantage of an obscure law that allows him to temporarily abd
Published September 28th 2020 (first published September 2020)

To ask other readers questions about One Royal Christmas, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about One Royal Christmas

Start your review of One Royal Christmas
Beth
Nov 23, 2020 rated it really liked it
Oh, to always have a Tagg novella to read at Christmas! I don’t usually go for this type of story, where royalty visits a small town, but I fully trust Melissa Tagg, so I went in expecting to enjoy it, and I absolutely did. I mean, the story features a bookworm of a king, a librarian, and a town called Tinsel - pretty hard for to resist! And it is so much fun.

Rowan’s story is extra poignant to me because I also have a stepfather who has always treated me like his own. Her blended family feels ge
Cara Putman
Oct 05, 2020 rated it really liked it
Such a sweet read. The novella length was perfect for a quick, fun read. The setting was so vivid and the characters sweet. Loved the touch of Christmas and the sweet romance.
Rachelle Cobb
Oct 02, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Hallmark, please make this into a movie. A king. A librarian. A country in crisis. A crumbling library in a town named Tinsel. I want this to be a full length novel. And have a sequel. Loved it!
Loraine
Put together a king who's a bookworm, a lady who's a librarian, and a Christmas town called "Tinsel," and you have a Christmas romance that can't miss. Especially when the librarian is trying to maintain her grandmother's library in her grandmother's house that is falling minute by minute into disrepair.

I loved how Rowan's stepfather claimed her as one of his own because my stepfather never differentiated between my stepsister and I. Yet Eddie understood that they had to come to a relationship
Abigail Harris
Review to come in December.
Nicole
Oct 17, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Absolutely Perfect!

I love Melissa Tagg. Short story, full-length novel, doesn't matter. She always manages to pack so much feeling, atmosphere, character, and depth into her words, and this one was no exception. I seriously need to see some of her books turned into movies (they read like one, already!)... *ahem* Hello, Hallmark? Absolutely loved it!
Kristine Morgan
Oct 14, 2020 rated it really liked it
A truly joyful read. The perfect book to curl up with on a chilly afternoon. I really enjoy the happy ever after story genre and to set it at Christmas is even better. I loved the fact that this book encompasses one life-changing month in the lives of two dynamic people. So grab a comfy blanket and some hot chocolate... with peppermint and whip cream, then settle in for a happy tale.
Erin
Sep 28, 2020 rated it it was amazing
One weary European king takes a vacation to Tinsel, Vermont, where he holds fond memories of the library he visited as a child. Librarian Rowan is fighting the town to keep the library's location and her grandmother's legacy intact. A sweet story dealing with calling, family issues, and the desires of one's heart.
Lifeofliterature
Sep 28, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Melissa Tagg has perfected the art of writing a book that can include the perfect blend of romance, charm, and character development—all within a short novella! She pens a wonderfully romantic story set in a snowy, quaint town that makes you want to cuddle up with a blanket and cup of tea on a cold day. This novella transports you to the small town with ease, the descriptions flowing off the page and pulling you into the story. The characters both deal with conflict and grow throughout the story ...more
ArrianeReads
Nov 19, 2020 rated it liked it
I wanted to give this a lower rating, but the truth is that all my reasons boiled down to it being underdeveloped, which is only a result of it being a novella, rather than a novel. So judging it on what it was, and not what I wanted it to be, seemed the only fair thing.

The romance was cute and the political drama okay, but the most interesting part was the family dynamics. I feel like I could read a whole book alone about Eddie and Rowan and the family, and how those relationships came to be an
Deon
Sep 28, 2020 added it
One Royal Christmas originally appeared in the 2019 novella collection Royally Yours by Melissa Tagg Royally Yours. ...more
Nancy
Oct 31, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Heartwarming

Heartwarming is right. One Royal Christmas is a lovely story. I enjoyed the conflict with the library and got chilled with all that snow. Great characters. Beautiful setting.
Karen Peale
Oct 15, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Sweet read that casts a spell

Do not start this book unless you have the time to sit and soak it in. I love this author and this book kept me spell bound. I was almost late to work trying to finish it! The story lingered even while I was at work.
Gayle Hamilton
Nov 28, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Beautiful story

This is my first read by this author and I was wonderfully surprised at this heartwarming story. I couldn't wait to get back to reading it when other life interfered.
Awjtf
Oct 11, 2020 rated it really liked it
Shelves: christian-books
Wonderful!
Karen Reeves
Oct 06, 2020 rated it really liked it
Not a unique overall idea but sweet. I loved the library quotes used!
Karri Henley
Oct 31, 2020 rated it really liked it
Oh Jonah!

I really enjoyed this story!!! I feel like it could have used a little more. The climax was lacking. It built up then kind of fell flat. But I really did enjoy the story!
Melody
Sep 28, 2020 rated it it was amazing
I loved this story and I love this town where royals can get away from the press. It was an enchanting tale and I can't wait for another. ❤
Nancy Holte
"One Royal Christmas" is a sweet, quick read that will make you feel like you're reading a Hallmark Christmas movie. Jonah abdicates his position as king of Concordia using an obscure law, which allows him to return to the throne when he feels ready. Jonah chooses to use his time off to visit Tinsel, Vermont, where he'd traveled as a child. Tinsel is where Jonah meets Rowan, who runs the small town library housed in a Cape Cod-style home. Sparks fly, love blooms, and well, you'll have to read th ...more
Janette
Nov 07, 2020
Vicki C. Thompson
Oct 19, 2020

• A Match Made at Christmas
  • Autumn Skies (Bluebell Inn Romance #3)
  • To Love a Prince (True Blue Royal, #1)
  • A Royal Wonderland
  • Start With Me
  • Like a Christmas Dream (Port Willis Romance)
  • Just Like Home (Harbor Pointe, #4)
  • The Gentleman Spy (Serendipity & Secrets, #2)
  • The Red Ribbon (True Colors)
  • Snowed In at the Castle (Snowed In for Christmas #1)
  • Vying for the Viscount (Hearts on the Heath)
  • Just One Kiss (Harbor Pointe, #3)
  • Until I Met You (Restoring Heritage, #2)
  • Take a Chance on Me (A Misty River Romance #0.5)
  • The Kissing Tree: Four Novellas Rooted in Timeless Love
  • Masquerade with a Prince (Princes of New Sargasso #2)
  • Beholden (The Fairest Maidens, #1)
  • An Ivy Hill Christmas (Tales from Ivy Hill)
Melissa Tagg is the Christy and Carol Award-winning author of swoony and hope-filled small-town contemporary romances, including the Maple Valley series, the Walker Family series, the Where Love Begins series, and the Enchanted Christmas Collection. She’s also a former reporter, current nonprofit marketing strategist, and total Iowa girl.

Melissa has taught at multiple national writing conferences

News & Interviews