Start by marking “Survive the Night” as Want to Read:
Survive the Night

Survive the Night

It’s November 1991. George H. W. Bush is in the White House, Nirvana’s in the tape deck, and movie-obsessed college student Charlie Jordan is in a car with a man who might be a serial killer.

Josh Baxter, the man behind the wheel, is a virtual stranger to Charlie. They met at the campus ride board, each looking to share the long drive home to Ohio. Both have good reasons fo
336 pages
Expected publication: July 6th 2021

To ask other readers questions about Survive the Night, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Survive the Night

Start your review of Survive the Night
ELLIAS (elliasreads)
Nov 22, 2020 marked it as to-read
Survive the Night’.....

BITCH, I don’t think I can survive this year, let alone till next summer 😩💀!!
Nilufer Ozmekik
Feb 12, 2021 rated it it was amazing
Yessss! Congratulations !!! We have a big hit in da house!

Whew this book blew the last remaining grey cells out of my mind! What an action packed, exciting, heart pounder, nail biter, eyes popper, jaw dropper, mind number masterpiece!

I’m addicted to Mr. Sager’s books but this one already reserved a special place in my heart. If you ask me why I could say Charlie: nerdy, quirky, movie-day-dreamer, introvert, loyal, self punisher young girl may be one of the characters I’ve read so similar to
jessica
Mar 08, 2021 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
im a fan of RSs books. what i enjoy most about them is that, even if i dont care about the content, i sure do love the execution of the story.

so imagine my surprise when, for the first time, its the opposite. i absolutely love the premise/concept, but some of the execution is… just okay. especially toward the end.

i will say that for a story only taking place within a timeframe of 6 hours, there is a lot to unpack with this. i was never bored and i felt like i was flying through the pages. it ha
Dorie  - Cats&Books :)
Lovers of twisted and abhorrent characters are going to love this one!!! I felt this was more frightening and darker than his last book “Home Before Dark”.

Starting this book my first thought was that this sounded way too familiar. The premise of a girl getting into a car with a stranger and things going wrong is certainly nothing new. The girls always have a reason to do this, they are running to or from something, they are happy or incredibly sad. What makes this one really good is the author’
megs_bookrack
Update: 2021 is finally here!

Even though things are still a little messy, at least we have this book to look forward to.

Original:

Dear 2021,

You cannot get here fast enough.

The fact that you are bringing with you a new Riley Sager novel, makes your arrival that much more anticipated. Please hurry.

Love you like a friend,

Megs

xx
Michael David
Feb 04, 2021 rated it liked it
Shelves: widget-received
A dark night. Two strangers in a car, traveling down dark roads. Set before the days of cell phones and internet. I thought I was in for an awesome ride, but things took a detour.

The year is 1991, and right before Thanksgiving break, Charlie decides she wants to leave college...most likely indefinitely. She hasn’t gotten over the murder of her best friend, who fell victim to the Campus Killer.

Charlie meets Josh at the campus ride board while putting up a flyer to see if anyone wants to share a
daph pink ♡
Jan 03, 2021 marked it as to-read
Shelves: 2021-tbr
no, i have never enjoyed a Riley Sager book. No never.

yes, i am still gonna add this to my tbr.

Send welp!!
— Massiel
Edit 10/31: So... now THERE IS A SYNOPSIS AND I JUST CAN'T WAIT
description

The cover isn't like others but anyway...
I know Riley won't disappoint me

---

Y'ALL HOLD YOUR BREATHE....

IS THIS FOR REAL??? 😭😭😭😍😍😍✨✨💖

MY DAY JUST GET BETTER WITH THIS

I CAN'T WAIT TO READ THIS BOOK
description

If is a white or gray cover I will have a heart attack also I CAN'T WAIT TO SEE "SURVIVE THE NIGHT" IN CAPITALS LETTERS.
description
Emily (Books with Emily Fox)
Apr 17, 2021 rated it did not like it
Shelves: 2021-releases, arc
Lol no. Absolutely not.

**Full review to come**

Vlog reading it: https://youtu.be/lY1xHQv9z6I
(With and without spoilers)
Breanna
Okay so here’s the thing—I am an avid Riley Sager fan since reading FINAL GIRLS...

With that said, I expect there to be twists and turns in addition to many “WTF” moments...And while this book had those moments I found myself reading the first half of the book thinking “okay so when does it get juicy?”

And if you’ve read all of RS’s previous books, then you know his tells. I knew immediately when the situation would change and who the actual villain would be. This left me disappointed but still v
Chelsea | thrillerbookbabe
Literally every single book I read by Riley Sager is unique and amazing. Thank you so much to Dutton Books for this fun throwback thriller! It’s set in the 90’s which is completely fantastic and is about Charlie, a girl looking for a ride home from college. She meets Josh at a ride-share board and they decide to travel together, since they are going the same way. Charlie is very wary of people though, after her roommate Maddy was recently murdered by The Campus Killer.

Charlie has a habit of tre
Holly  B
Feb 20, 2021 marked it as to-read

This sounds scary, but also its Riley Sager!
Katerina  Kondrenko
I'M FREAKING EXCITED. NEW BOOK BY SAGER! I REPEAT! NEW BOOK BY SAGER!
Alexa
Feb 21, 2021 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: thrillers
Welp, I was looking for a breakneck read to get me out of a reading slump and I chose well! This is now up there with my favorite Riley Sager books--the page-turning suspense is intense, especially in act 2 (a feat) with some nice twists I didn't see coming. I did worry at first that the "movie in her mind" conceit might not work, but Sager doesn't spin it out too cheaply (as other authors might) and ultimately I landed on it working well-ie: it didn't wander into uncomfy mental illness territor ...more
Erin A. Craig
Feb 16, 2021 rated it it was amazing
Review to come, once I stop gasping.
Nastassja
Oct 28, 2020 marked it as to-read

Oh-My-God, am I the only one who's freaking excitedly after reading the book's premise? To end up in a car with a presumably serial killer... Oh my, what a ride it is going to be!

Ghoul Von Horror
Nov 24, 2020 rated it it was ok
If there is a murderer on the loose that killed her friend why would she take a ride from a random dude she just met? I can see we've already started with plot holes. 😂
*****SPOILERS*****
Release Date: July 6th, 2021
Genre: Horror
Rating: ☘️☘️
About the Book: It's November 1991. George H. W. Bush is in the White House, Nirvana’s in the tape deck, and movie-obsessed college student Charlie Jordan is in a car with a man who might be a serial killer.

What I Liked:
1. I guess hearing where I grew up b
farith
Oct 07, 2020 marked it as not-released-yet
survive the night? i don't even know if i'll survive this year... ...more
Nenia ✨ I yeet my books back and forth ✨ Campbell
Can Riley Sager even write a bad mystery book? I haven't read one yet...

Someone PLEASE give me this one so I can find out for science.
Vivian Stevenson
Thank you to NetGalley and Dutton Books for an early digital copy in exchange for an honest review.

Shew. This was a tough one. I thought the story was very easy to read and flip through, but the events that happen in the book didn't cut it for me.

The premise is honestly the best part of the book. Read the synopsis and just stop there. A girl needs to leave college because her best friend is killed by The Campus Killer. She meets Josh at a ride board--I guess these were a thing in the 90s--and he
Jamie Rosenblit
There's few authors I get more excited about than Riley Sager. When I read the premise for Survive the Night, I was instantly excited to get my hands on a copy. Charlie, a college student, secures a ride home with a stranger on campus, but as they hit the road, she realizes he might be a serial killer.

Let me tell you, the TENSION and suspense that Sager builds literally had me having to put the book down at night - I was SCARED - and I thought nightmares were coming - in the best possible way. I
Sonica
Feb 15, 2021 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I became an instant fan of Riley Sager's writing last summer after binging his first 4 books so when I heard a 5th was on it's way I knew I had to read it. Thanks to the team at Dutton for making that happen with an early digital copy. Next to Final Girls, I can safely say that Survive the Night is my favourite Sager yet! My anxiety was through the roof while reading, the entire way through!

The story is set in the 90s, which was so great in terms of nostalgia. The main female lead Charlie, is a
Jamie
Jan 11, 2021 rated it it was amazing
Sager just keeps getting better and better with each book. I thought Home Before Dark was my favorite of his but this one was different than his other books and it deserves all the stars. I loved the small cast of characters and how he delves into grief, I was hooked from the beginning. One of my other favorite things about this book was the 90s setting! It was fun being pulled back into that time period again!
I couldn’t stop turning the pages and finished the second half of the book in a few h
Lady H
Nov 07, 2020 marked it as to-read
Shelves: tbr-thriller
i am SO HAPPY that they are finally giving riley sager a different cover style
Jenna | JennaStopReading
Feb 26, 2021 rated it really liked it
Thank you Dutton and Netgalley for an eARC in exchange for my review!

I am the first to admit that thrillers are not my thing, and not because I don’t like them. Actually, I used to read a LOT of them, to the point where I got way too good at guessing the ending. It didn’t take long for me to figure out the good guys, the nice guys, and the in between guys, and that just made thriller reading…boring.

BUT – I make exceptions for Riley Sager. I’ve read all but one of his books (haven’t read Home Bef
Eilidh
Sep 30, 2020 marked it as to-read
SURVIVE THE NIGHT!! Talk about Survive the Night?! How am I going to survive the months waiting for this when I’m such an impatient pumpkin?! 😱😂
alysa
Feb 01, 2021 marked it as to-read
i literally don't even read/own riley sager's books but this cover bothers me so much like why doesn't it match the Vibes of his other books ...more
Sarah (tipsybookreviews)
Apr 03, 2021 rated it it was amazing
SURVIVE THE NIGHT BOOK REVIEW

Rating: ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️💫

As a huge Riley Sager fan, SURVIVE THE NIGHT was one of my most anticipated reads of the year! I loved the 90’s setting, the creepy vibes, and never knowing which characters I could trust. In typical Sager fashion, the plot twists were amazing and I didn’t predict them AT ALL!👏🏼

I also enjoyed the movie references throughout but at times found the unreliable narrator component to be a bit frustrating. This book seriously gave me the creeps and I binge
Sonica
Feb 08, 2021 rated it it was amazing
RTC
Sager fans: this may be his best yet (and for context, I loved the first 4)
❀ Crystal ✿ -  PEACE ☮ LOVE ♥ BOOKS
Copy provided by Edelweiss for an Honest Review
4.5 You Think You Know, but You Have No Idea Stars
By some miracle the stars aligned in my favor and I was granted a review copy of Survive the Night. After reading devouring every Riley Sager book in 2020 & thus making that dumpster fire of a year bearable I was insanely happy just to see a new book was on its way, let alone be able to read it. Once again RS proved why he is the master of manipulation and misdirection. Every time I thought I had it
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 next »

• Mother May I
  • The Perfect Family
  • The House in the Cerulean Sea
  • That Summer
Riley Sager is the award-winning pseudonym of a former journalist, editor and graphic designer who previously published mysteries under his real name.

Now a full-time author, Riley's first thriller, FINAL GIRLS, became a national and international bestseller and was called "the first great thriller of 2017" by Stephen King. Translation rights have been sold in more than two dozen countries.

Riley'