Jump to ratings and reviews

Love Mark #3

Mark of Love

Due to a dark curse, the entire Graykey family has been marked for death. But Quilla Graykey has grown used to living on the run, constantly hiding and surviving under the radar of High Cliff soldiers, who’ve been sent out to hunt her down and destroy her.

So when a man bearing the mark of a High Clifter shows up on her trail, persistently tracking her, it’s really nothing new. Except she can’t seem to shake this guy. He keeps finding her, no matter how well she disguises herself. If she’s not careful, she might actually have to take a stand and fight him. Maybe even kill him.

But the handsome pursuer turns her world upside down when she discovers he’s not out to assassinate her after all, nor does he have a clue she’s a Graykey. His intentions are worse. He claims she’s his one true love, and curses, duty, or honor be damned; he’s not about to lose her. He wants to make her his happily ever after.

Used to eluding people and wanting to keep it that way, Quilla honestly has no idea how to avoid the likes of Indigo Moast.

Could this be the one evasion she can’t dodge?

ebook

First published October 27, 2020

Loading interface...
Loading interface...

About the author

Linda Kage

44 books5,444 followers
Linda writes romance fiction from YA to adult, contemporary to fantasy.

Published since 2010, she first went through a 2-year writing correspondence class in children’s literature from The Institute of Children’s Literature, then graduated with a Bachelor's in Arts-English with an emphasis in creative fiction writing from Pittsburg State University.

She currently lives with her husband, two daughters, a cat named Holly, and nine cuckoo clocks in southeast Kansas.

She started out reading with the Baby-Sitters Club, then moved to Sandra Brown, Linda Howard, Julie Garwood, and LaVyrle Spencer in high school. Now, she's all over the place with her romance reading tastes.

A few of her favorite things have been:
Stranger Things, Supernatural, Cheers, Teen Wolf, Umbrella Academy, Outlander, Yellowstone, Grey's Anatomy, Game of Thrones, The Walking Dead, Shawshank Redemption, Dirty Dancing, Harry Potter, Tangled, A Walk to Remember, Dr. Pepper, Roast Beef with mashed potatoes and onion rings, the poem "Equipment" by Edgar A. Guest, and To Kill a Mockingbird.

Ratings & Reviews

What do you think?

Friends & Following

Create a free account to discover what your friends think of this book!

5 stars
0 (0%)
Displaying 1 - 17 of 17 reviews
7 reviews
November 1, 2020

Linda oh my god what have you done???

I've been a faithful reader of Linda Kage's books ever since I found myself thoroughly interested by the Forbidden Men series however many years ago and though there have been some tear jerkers in there, good God, I did not expect to bawl like a broken dam towards the end of the story.

I LOVED Indy. He was adorable and I don't care what anyone says I thought his jokes were funny. I liked Quilla well enough but I felt the went on a little too long. This did not mean I wanted what happened to her to happen to her because Jesus Christ.

I really, really liked this book but I'm also traumatized because I usually opt for the fluffy romance reads which I thought this was gonna be. I can with utmost certainty say I won't forget it anytime soon though.

The only reason I'm giving it 3.5 starts is because (mainly reason b);

All in all, Linda I love your books but What. The. Heck? That being said I hope Vander's story comes out soon because you can bet I'll be on that in a hot second.

On a separate note, why is it that we still cannot award half stars on Goodreads?? Why??
Profile Image for Alexandra.
1,835 reviews10 followers
October 29, 2020
I received an e-ARC from the author in exchange for an honest review. Review can also be found on *Milky Way of Books*

There is nothing I don't enjoy more than a good Linda Kage book! Her stories always make me laugh and emphasize with the characters while the story is fresh and full of twists and a great ending. I loved the third book in the series set in a fantasy world filled with politics, magic, and the mark of true love in the form of a tattoo that can also call to the true soul mate of a person, no matter who they are.

The story was engaging and funny! It definitely made me laugh! It is also recommended to read the first books of the series so you can have a better grasp of the world-building
Profile Image for Sharon.
5 reviews2 followers
October 25, 2020
The best in the series so far! The humour and tension complement each other wonderfully, and the hero and heroine are absolutely perfect for each other. I'm fascinated by the concept of a love mark revealing your soulmate, and the way it brought Quilla and Indigo together here is both funny and sweet,

I received this ARC copy in return for an honest review, and honestly I loved every minute of this book. Its left me wanting more and I cant wait for the next one.
Profile Image for Nureesh Vhalega.
Author 16 books114 followers
March 19, 2021
Baca ini malam kapan, pas bangun tengah malam dan nggak bisa tidur lagi. Beberapa part aku skimming sih, kebanyakan bacot nggak perlu soalnya 😂 tapi overall oke sih. Memang aku cocok sama tulisannya penulis ini.
Profile Image for Mariana.
224 reviews11 followers
September 22, 2021
Está bueno y te explica más del mundo que creó la autora pero mi favorito sigue siendo el segundo.
Profile Image for Shabnam Hosseini.
110 reviews13 followers
April 20, 2021
I LOVE LOVE LOVED IT!
Honestly linda kage brings me magic! *sighs* i just loved it so much and just want to read it all over again! Quilla she's so strong! and she just takes charge in all the way she needs to survive the world around her. She's a strong women who knows her own worth, but just misses a bit of love. That's where our loveable INDIGO is needed. He completes her in the best way and i just loved seeing them figure everything out together. The girl everyone wants to kill and the guy who was supposed to help them kill her. I love how Indigo went slow with Quilla so he wouldn't spook her! I can't seem to get enough of the men linda kage paints. i love them all! hahah. this book has struggles, love, fun and all the things you need for a great book. I'm always sad at the ending cause i just want to read more about them and just live in their world! I can't wait for more!!!!
Profile Image for F. Freewel.
124 reviews19 followers
November 1, 2020
I was slightly confused throughout. The start of the book, especially, was confusing. I’m not sure if there’s other books in its serie that I should have read beforehand, so maybe that was the issue...

Anyways, the hero and heroine just weren’t for me. The blurb attracted me because it seemed angsty and dark and magical, but the story was filled to the brim with too many attempts at cheap comedy, which got old pretty fast. Look, I love humour and droll quips, but not when it’s present in every single sentence of a chapter!

Quilla (the female MC) was too violent for my taste.

Indigo (the male MC) was.... I don’t even know how to describe how he was.

Both acted like children. Literally every character was so childish. I had to repeatedly remind myself they were all adults, and not 14 year olds roleplaying some weird fantasy story.

Anyways... Not my cuppa.
Profile Image for Brandy Roberts.
2,028 reviews46 followers
November 1, 2020
Another amazing book by one of my favorite authors , I really enjoy this series and Mark of love is the third in the series it can be read as a standalone but I do recommend that you read them in order because characters are mentioned from past books . I really enjoy a story that brings humor to the pages and that's what this author does also were you can feel the chemistry between the characters . I'm really love this genre it's something refreshing and unique and just has me wanting more . I can't wait to read what's to come in the series and what's to come from the author .
Profile Image for Jelena.
62 reviews
November 5, 2020
2.5 stars because it has toooooo much information about Earth and all that.It was very cool series in that world why begin with parallel universe!!!!
Profile Image for tomshoney1.
504 reviews2 followers
June 3, 2021
The very vivid description of the torture kind of ruined some of romance for me. Took some of my enjoyment out as well :( 4 stars ****
Profile Image for Rebekah.
574 reviews25 followers
November 24, 2020
I really enjoyed this one. The way this series is going is turning out to be way deeper than I thought it would be. All the characters were great. I liked Indigo a lot even though he wasn't my favorite around Nic. We got to see a funny side to him which was great. I liked Quilla and all the changes she made with her life. She was tough when required and sweet as a cupcake when free from the stress.(Maybe not as sweet as a cupcake, but she could be sweet) Melaina was super annoying and I wanted her to disappear...I also loved her and want the best for her life. Kind of love to hate her. The twists and turns in the story were more than just the basic little predictable trash. I believe in this world and I can't stop thinking about what will happen with it. I was slightly triggered in the second epilogue, but I am still so stoked for Vander's book. Give it to me now...
Profile Image for Isabella | ilashreads.
439 reviews38 followers
December 16, 2020
I love Linda Kage's books. But this series in particular is something other worldly. The Love Mark series is such a good fantasy series I think that Mark of Love might be my favorite of the series so far.

The humor and the threat of dread complemented each other wonderfully. I thought that Indigo, Indy, and Quilla were perfect for each other. The concept of a love mark is fascinating and I loved the way it played into Indy finding Quilla. It was definitely different than the way the love mark brings Urban and Vienne as well as Nicolette and Farrow together.

I loved Indy when we got to know him in One True Love. I think he was a great complement for Quilla, who is closed off and so strong. She's had to be strong to survive the world around her. I loved watching Quilla open herself up to the possibility of love and letting Indy be there for her. I loved Indy's patience with Quilla while he courted her.

I love the Love Mark world and am excited to see where this interesting story takes us next! Hopefully we'll get to see more of Quilla and Indy.
Displaying 1 - 17 of 17 reviews

Can't find what you're looking for?

Get help and learn more about the design.