Start by marking “Ember of Night” as Want to Read:

(Ember of Night #1)

I am a weed.

Unloved by my abusive, alcoholic dad. Unwanted by my classmates. Unnoticed by everyone else.

But I’d suffer anything to give my kid sister a better life—the minute I turn eighteen, I’m getting us the hell out of here. And some hot stranger telling me I am the key to stopping a war between Heaven and Hell isn’t going to change that.

Let the world crumble and bu
Expected publication: May 4th 2021 by Entangled: Teen

Win a Copy of This Book

Release date: May 04, 2021
    Don't miss this highly anticipated new Young Adult title from Molly E. Lee!

Some days are hell...some days hell finds you...

Format: Print book

Giveaway ends in: a

Availability: 5 copies available, 3578 people requesting

Giveaway dates: Apr 03 - May 03, 2021

Countries available: U.S.

• Friend Reviews

To ask other readers questions about Ember of Night, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Ember of Night

Start your review of Ember of Night
    Lauren
    Mar 27, 2021 rated it really liked it
    Shelves: arc-reviews
    What do you do when you find out your entire life is a lie? And that you’re more powerful than you ever thought possible? Molly E. Lee’s Ember of Night explores these themes and so much more. It’s a fast-paced, exciting beginning to a new YA paranormal series that already promises to be a wild ride.

Harley has never had a simple life. Left with her abusive father and her younger half sister, Ray, Harley lives and works to protect her innocent sibling. Harley can’t wait until the day she turns 18
    Brittany Zimmerman
    Apr 06, 2021 rated it it was amazing
    Thank you to NetGalley and Entangled Publishing for the arc of this book. All opinions are my own.

I had to sit and process this book for a good, long while after I finished. The last paragraph of this book had me shaking in my boots. I didn’t even know how to handle it. What a way to end a book! I am gobsmacked by that ending. Wow.

There’s a trigger warning i’d put out with this book. Note that there are discussions of parental abuse, alcoholism, death and physical abuse discussed in this book.
    Katie
    Mar 30, 2021 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
    Is supernatural your vibe, but you need a break from all the vampires? Then do I have a book recommendation for you. Harley is just your average teen trying to survive until her 18th birthday so she can get her and her sister out of the grasp of their father. Little does she know that she’s got a whole other thing coming. Turns out her blood holds the key to opening up Hell on Earth and starting a war between heaven and hell. Guess protecting her sister from their father isn’t the only task she’ ...more
    Olivia
    Apr 02, 2021 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
    Shelves: publicity-reads
    EMBER OF NIGHT is an intense and steamy YA fantasy read. The book follows Harley, an almost 18-year-old who has spent her life trying to survive her abusive and alcoholic father. She dreams of the day that she turns 18, and she can get out of his house - but only if she can take her 8-year-old sister, Ray, with her. Ray is a talented artist and hangs out at the place where Harley works when not at school to avoid their father. Harley has really taken on a parental role throughout Ray's life.

One
    JoAnna
    Apr 13, 2021 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
    Thank you to NetGalley and Entangled Publishing for giving me an ARC of this book to read. All opinions are my own.

Have you ever read a book that enthralls you so you don't want to put it down, but it just overwhelms you to the point that you have to put it down at times? That was me with Ember of Night by Molly E. Lee. I am normally a really fast reader but this book took me days to read because I kept having to stop reading it because I just became overwhelmed by everything that was happening,
    Ashley Dang
    Apr 04, 2021 rated it really liked it
    When your life is hell you don’t think it can get any better or worse, that is until a hot guy appears, and suddenly demons start attacking you. All Harley ever wanted to do was turn 18, get legal guardianship over her sister, and finally escape her abusive father. Days before her 18th birthday her best friend takes her a concert where she runs into a gorgeous guy who is just as snarky as she is and just brings out something in her. Suddenly he shows up at her job as a coworker too. Demons start ...more
    Jessica (a GREAT read)
    Review to come April 27
    Meredith
    Apr 13, 2021 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
    Loved it! And that ending?!?!? Never saw it coming. Can't wait for book 2! ...more
    Jordan Fleming

• Firekeeper's Daughter
    • Kingston and the Magician's Lost and Found
    • At the End of the Matinee
    • Covet (Crave, #3)
    • Stormdancer (The Lotus Wars, #1)
    • The Infinity Courts (The Infinity Courts, #1)
    • First Shift
    • The Heir and the Spare
    • Namesake (Fable, #2)
    • A Touch of Darkness (Hades & Persephone, #1)
    • The Gilded Ones (Deathless, #1)
    • Wesley James Ruined My Life
    • My Epic Spring Break (Up)
    • The Cousins
    • Crown of Bones (Amassia, #1)
    • Rhapsodic (The Bargainer, #1)
    • Gold Spun
    Molly E. Lee is an author best known for her romance novels, the Grad Night series and the Love on the Edge series. Molly writes Adult and Young Adult contemporary featuring strong female heroines who are unafraid to challenge their male counterparts, yet still vulnerable enough to have love sneak up on them. In addition to being a military spouse and mother of two + one stubborn English Bulldog, ...more

Ember of Night (2 books)